PDA

View Full Version : No Defense = No Championship......NUGGETS!!!

lebomb
04-20-2008, 05:03 PM
LOL, dayum their team would make good matadors. Just give'em a red sheet. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

MajicMan
04-20-2008, 05:05 PM
This is not a laughing matter. We don't play any defense either. At least with the Nuggets being underachievers is not unexpected.

Amare_32
04-20-2008, 05:05 PM
LOL, dayum their team would make good matadors. Just give'em a red sheet. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The Lakers got the easier draw of all the Western conference series. Lakers in 5. I still think Denver will at least get 1 at home.

mavsfan1000
04-20-2008, 05:06 PM
What's strange as I always thought of Camby and Martin as good defenders for their position.

ducks
04-20-2008, 05:07 PM
lakers d was not that great this game either
the nuggets need to trade melo
he refuses to play d
nuggets made their run without him

MajicMan
04-20-2008, 05:08 PM
They do need to trade fat boy. Denver=Jailblazers V2.0

Bruno
04-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Denver is a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde team. It's way too soon to bury them.
They are able to play quite good defense when they decide it.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Camby is a good player in a horrible team. He deserves better. He's not a great defender, just a really awesome shot blocker.

Melo gets intoxicated and then comes to play - he's always been that reckless.

Martin is a walking T

Najera has discovered himself in the last year or so

AI must be kicking himself in the balls now

Player who would be a solid machine in another team, JR Smith

Karl is an ok coach

ducks
04-20-2008, 06:17 PM
martin did a good job on kobe today

sribb43
04-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Free Diawara!!!!!!!

boutons_
04-20-2008, 06:26 PM
There's talent there, just no team, and Karl isn't the coach with a system and approach to pull a team together.

Xylus
04-20-2008, 06:34 PM
I really think the Nuggets need to fire George Karl and think about trading Carmelo Anthony.

Amare_32
04-20-2008, 06:37 PM
I really think the Nuggets need to fire George Karl and think about trading Carmelo Anthony.

They are not trading Carmelo unless the player coming back is #23 from Cleveland.

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 06:43 PM
It's been said many times before, but the Nuggets have way too much talent to be as bad as they are.

MajicMan
04-20-2008, 06:45 PM
They are not trading Carmelo unless the player coming back is #23 from Cleveland.

Why not? He's a fat lazy unmotivated overpaid thug.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-20-2008, 06:46 PM
I fear in my heart that one day soon Larry Brown will become the coach of the Nuggets, if he ever came there I think he would give them the discipline and defense they need to wn a championship.

Allanon
04-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Larry Brown's a good coach for the Nuggets but they just don't have enough talent to be a championship team.

If you think about it, there's too much talent in the West, AI and Melo are just another star tandem.

Are the Nuggets with AI, Carmelo, Camby and KMart talented enough to compete for a championship with these guys? They might be a top6 team if they played defense:

Blazers - Oden, Aldridge, Roy, Travis Outlaw
Suns - Nash, Amare, Shaq, Grant Hill
Hornets - CP3, Peja, West, Chandler
Spurs - Timmy, Manu, Parker
Jazz - DWill, Boozer, Okur, AK47
Lakers- Kobe, Pau, Odom, Bynum

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 08:00 PM
I can for sure already say that the nuggets won't get passed the first round, lakers are going to out play them like they did today.

TDMVPDPOY
04-20-2008, 08:06 PM
marcus camby fake dpoy

21_Blessings
04-21-2008, 12:25 AM
This is not a laughing matter. We don't play any defense either. At least with the Nuggets being underachievers is not unexpected.

Except you aren't on the team and the Lakers do actually play defense.

ludda
04-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Busy offseason for the Nuggets I expect.

MajicMan
04-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Except you aren't on the team and the Lakers do actually play defense.

No shit Sherlock I'm not on the team. We still don't play any defense. Let's not be delusional here.

Findog
04-21-2008, 12:54 AM
It's been said many times before, but the Nuggets have way too much talent to be as bad as they are.

George Karl is collecting a paycheck at this point, and the talent they do have does not mesh well.

This tells you all you need to know about the Nuggets:

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2008/04/gasol-bryant-lead-lakers-to-game-one.html

Look at Carmelo Anthony, one of the Nuggets' two All-Stars. Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy repeatedly pointed out how poor his defense is, adding that a team will follow whatever its leader does. Right after the Lakers isolated Lamar Odom on Anthony and drew a foul, Jackson said that Anthony must take more pride in his defense, recognize that teams view him as a weak link there and do everything he can to prove them wrong. Instead, on the next possession, Anthony drove into the teeth of the defense and forced up a shot against three players, trying to make up for his bad defense by scoring points. He drew a foul but Van Gundy observed that Linas Kleiza was wide open in the corner for a three point shot.

Don't think for one second that this does not have an effect on the team. Anthony's teammates see that he does not work hard on defense and that he forces shots on offense rather than move the ball to the open man. Do all great scorers force shots sometimes? Absolutely. Does Bryant force shots sometimes? Sure he does--but Bryant has also been the primary playmaker on three championship teams and he has proven over his entire career (not just this season as some would suggest) that he is willing and able to give up the ball when he has teammates who are willing and able to catch and finish.

BiZNicK
04-21-2008, 12:55 AM
lol Denver is a disgrace...

They will fall in the 1st round..once again

21_Blessings
04-21-2008, 02:10 AM
No shit Sherlock I'm not on the team. We still don't play any defense. Let's not be delusional here.

You're a fucking retard. 7th in defensive efficiency (was 5th before Pau went down). They play defense you're just too dumb to see it.

Lakers average 110 game and play at a high pace which means more shots for the opposing team. Thats fine, because the Lakers have proven they can get stops in the 4th quarter, during crunch time.

spurscenter
04-21-2008, 03:05 AM
Nuggets are idiots. They need to play some Defense.

2Cleva
04-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Just watched the highlights of the game

http://www.lakersmedia.com/?p=106

10 baskets off Gasol being spoonfed by the Lakers where all he had to do was lay the ball in or dunk. 1 basket off a follow up slam - only 2 of those he had to fake a defender.
22 of the easiest points Gasol ever had.

Denver plays for steals but no defense. LA only plays defense in spurts - especially against teams they can score on easily. Huge difference and why Denver will be lucky to win a single game this series.

DazedAndConfused
04-21-2008, 10:08 AM
LA plays defense that is good enough to win games. When Ariza and Bynum get back we should be able to improve our defense dramatically in the areas we are weak. Interior shot blocking and rebounding and perimeter defense.

Right now any team with an athletic SF is straight torching Walton, Vlad, or whomever else we trot out at the SF spot.

2Cleva
04-21-2008, 10:19 AM
LA plays defense that is good enough to win games. When Ariza and Bynum get back we should be able to improve our defense dramatically in the areas we are weak. Interior shot blocking and rebounding and perimeter defense.

Right now any team with an athletic SF is straight torching Walton, Vlad, or whomever else we trot out at the SF spot.

We'll see.

If Anthony gets real hot early, especially getting to the basket in a close game - I expect Phil to use Newble.

lebomb
04-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Nuggets in 5.

................decades maybe............... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

MajicMan
04-21-2008, 01:05 PM
You're a fucking retard. 7th in defensive efficiency (was 5th before Pau went down). They play defense you're just too dumb to see it.

Lakers average 110 game and play at a high pace which means more shots for the opposing team. Thats fine, because the Lakers have proven they can get stops in the 4th quarter, during crunch time.

Fuck you, I watch the games. You're just a dumb Homer.