PDA

View Full Version : Cavs will win the East - book it !

lefty
04-20-2008, 08:04 PM
I know they didin't have the most impressive record, but think about it:

- LBJ missed the first games of the season

- Anderson VJ did as well, but because of his bitching

- Z missed a lot of games

- Boobie missed a lot of games too

- The big trade has made them 10 times better than last season, and they are the defending East champs.

- That frontline, Z, Wallace, Smith, VJ...lot of people to throw at KG :wow

IF they stay healthy, they'll win the East.

Book it :eyebrows

Amare_32
04-20-2008, 08:04 PM
No

The_Game
04-20-2008, 08:05 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

cavs will be lucky to get more than a game off the celtics

10 times better than last season? LMAO...they are clearly a worse team than last year. they are an average team this year

Amare_32
04-20-2008, 08:06 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If they even beat the Wiz. Celts 4-2 over the Cavs

lefty
04-20-2008, 08:06 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

10 times better than last season? LMAO...they are clearly a worse team than last year. they are an average team this year

If the Wizards can kick the Celts' asses on a regular basis, I'm sure the Cavs can do it as well

dirk4mvp
04-20-2008, 08:07 PM
It would be fun to see Lebron own the flying fuck out of Paul Pierce though.

The_Game
04-20-2008, 08:09 PM
If the Wizards can kick the Celts' asses on a regular basis, I'm sure the Cavs can do it as well

no way in hell the wizards can compete with boston in a 7 game series...would be an easy 5 game series win for the celtics. playoffs are a different game..wizards style wouldn't beat the best defensive team in the league in a 7 game series

Cavs are a bad basketball team...they no chance to win the east.

got to be a moron if you believe they can.

balli
04-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Incorrect, mistaken, unsound, amiss, faulty & flawed.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 08:11 PM
No way.

lefty
04-20-2008, 08:12 PM
no way in hell the wizards can compete with boston in a 7 game series...would be an easy 5 game series win for the celtics. playoffs are a different game..wizards style wouldn't beat the best defensive team in the league in a 7 game series

Cavs are a bad basketball team...they no chance to win the east.

got to be a moron if you believe they can.

Damn I'm a moron.

You'll see

Cleveland Steamer
04-20-2008, 08:14 PM
I agree.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Damn I'm a moron.

You'll seeYea, we'll see alright :hat

No way they'll win the whole eastern playoff rounds...

JoeTait75
04-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Let's see... we don't have as much team chemistry as we had last season, we have nowhere near the perimeter defense, and LBJ is probably in worse shape physically with his back than at this time last season. Not to mention we don't have the favorable playoffs matchups we had last season. So I'm thinking... no.

But hey, I'm open to any possibility. :toast

lefty
04-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Yea, we'll see alright :hat

No way they'll win the whole eastern playoff rounds...

That's what most people thought last season ...

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 08:18 PM
That's what most people thought last season ...That was last season, not this season. And i NEVER doubted them LAST season. :rolleyes

Amare_32
04-20-2008, 08:18 PM
That's what most people thought last season ...

Yeah but last season they swept a depleted Wizards team and a awful Nets teams. This season they would have to get past the Wiz and Boston to even get to the ECF. Not going to happen.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah but last season they swept a depleted Wizards team and a awful Nets teams. This season they would have to get past the Wiz and Boston to even get to the ECF. Not going to happen.They might get passed the Wizards if lucky, but:

NO WAY there getting passed the celtics.

JoeTait75
04-20-2008, 08:20 PM
They might get passed the Wizards if lucky, but:

NO WAY there getting passed the celtics.

Oh, we're getting by the Wizards. We own their souls.

Boston is a different story entirely.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh, we're getting by the Wizards. We own their souls.

Boston is a different story entirely.Yep, i hinted the key "lucky".

Thunder Dan
04-20-2008, 08:56 PM
the reason this actually could happen: http://youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

Amare_32
04-20-2008, 08:58 PM

You don't think teams will be aware of that game. I doubt teams will let him that kind of performance.

UCantHandleTheTruth
04-20-2008, 09:02 PM
You are not very bright. 10 times better due to that trade of garbage for garbage (and giving up the best player in the deal in Gooden)? Please, the only "big" thing about that trade was those albatross contracts exchanged.

It's 2008, not 2004...Ben Wallace and Wally Z suck. Delonte West is one of the worst starting point guards in the NBA. Joe Smith might be the best overall player they got in the deal and he's just a solid bench player.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2008, 09:04 PM
You don't think teams will be aware of that game. I doubt teams will let him that kind of performance.

if you actually watch it, he is hitting fade aways over 2 and 3 guys, so its possible

I just want a James Peirce matchup because they hate eachother and Paul Peirce is a chubby douche bag that isn't shit without KG and Ray Allen

Amare_32
04-20-2008, 09:04 PM
You are not very bright. 10 times better due to that trade of garbage for garbage (and giving up the best player in the deal in Gooden)? Please, the only "big" thing about that trade was those albatross contracts exchanged.

It's 2008, not 2004...Ben Wallace and Wally Z suck. Delonte West is one of the worst starting point guards in the NBA. Joe Smith might be the best overall player they got in the deal and he's just a solid bench player.

Plus Big Ben is a liability on offense. In a close game you run the risk of Hack A Ben plus you don't really have to worry about him and send another body on LeBron. Delonte West and Wally S are you kidding me! They were better with Hughes and Gooden. And the Cavs will have to start the series in Boston.

Tacker
04-20-2008, 09:05 PM
lawl

Amare_32
04-20-2008, 09:07 PM
if you actually watch it, he is hitting fade aways over 2 and 3 guys, so its possible

I just want a James Peirce matchup because they hate eachother and Paul Peirce is a chubby douche bag that isn't shit without KG and Ray Allen

Making shots against the Wizards's swiss cheese defense does not impress me. We all saw how a good defensive team(Spurs) made him MIA in the Finals.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Plus Big Ben is a liability on offense. In a close game you run the risk of Hack A Ben plus you don't really have to worry about him and send another body on LeBron. Delonte West and Wally S are you kidding me! They were better with Hughes and Gooden. And the Cavs will have to start the series in Boston.

you don't know shit about the Cavs if you really think they were better with Hughes. Take it from the people that have watched them all year to tell you that Hughes sucks and West is a giant upgrade. Drew gave us points, yes, but Hughes sucks

JoeTait75
04-20-2008, 09:10 PM

Problem is, you really can't count on that kind of performance.

The key is the supporting cast. One or more of Boobie, Delonte and Wally will have to step up and consistently knock down the open looks they're bound to get, and Andy is going to have to understand he isn't Hot Rod Williams and go back to his strengths- defensive disruption, offensive rebounds, and flops. Those dream-shakes of his need to go.

EDIT- in the Suns fan's defense, although Hughes was a soul-sucking liability on offense, he is an excellent perimeter defender, and right now, the perimeter is our major weakness on that side of the ball.

Thunder Dan
04-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Problem is, you really can't count on that kind of performance.

The key is the supporting cast. One or more of Boobie, Delonte and Wally will have to step up and consistently knock down the open looks they're bound to get, and Andy is going to have to understand he isn't Hot Rod Williams and go back to his strengths- defensive disruption, offensive rebounds, and flops. Those dream-shakes of his need to go.

dude I know. I'm just saying it could happen

JoeTait75
04-20-2008, 09:13 PM
dude I know. I'm just saying it could happen

Like I said, I'm open to all possibilities. As long as we have #23, we can't be counted out altogether. But it's gonna be tough.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Well we'll all see ;) :D

ducks
04-20-2008, 10:17 PM
boston will not even be challenged until the finals if pistons lose in first round

Fillmoe
04-21-2008, 12:00 AM
It would be fun to see Lebron own the flying fuck out of Paul Pierce though.

NOT!

Pierce is a stud and i hope he spits on LBJ again...

BiZNicK
04-21-2008, 12:58 AM
No, actually the Cavs..or lebron will lose to the Wiz

KidCongo
04-21-2008, 03:49 AM
sounds promising, but if we made it the team still needs changes.

armand0
04-21-2008, 04:09 AM
i dont think they can even beat wizards, their offense is limited to only 2 men

DAF86
04-21-2008, 06:08 AM
If Clevaland face the Celtics who's going to guard James?

Thunder Dan
04-21-2008, 09:57 AM
If Clevaland face the Celtics who's going to guard James?

that shit bag Paul Peirce...although he gives up 34 everytime he does. LBJ averages over 30 a night vs the C's

Elraptor
04-21-2008, 10:56 AM
So your saying Lebron can beat Garnett, Pierce, Allen?

Garnett isn't going to allow those layups Lebron gets easily.

Pierce can be a really good defender.

Allen is just going to be knocking the jumpers down.

lefty
04-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Funny, the same anti-Cavs arguments came out last season...

Gant
04-21-2008, 12:42 PM
The Cavs matched up better against Boston before the trade. Gooden historically played well against them and was taller and more active than Wallace, who is useless against the Celtics.

The Cavs are worse than last year. Boston is better than anyone in the East was last year.

LeBron will be guarded first by Pierce, then Tony Allen and Posey. He will score a lot of points but shoot a lower than average percentage against the league's top defense. The Celtics will just look to take away his top percentage options and leave him with difficult shots.

If Cleveland makes it past Washington they'll get roughed up by Boston.

Why is it that whenever someone writes "book it", whatever "it" is, never happens?

E20
04-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm agreeing with this prediction as well. Besides being a big fan of Lebron, you gotta show some love for Mike Brown and Devin Brown. Plus with Lebron going ape shit every once in a while anything is possible.

Indazone
04-21-2008, 01:10 PM
lol if the Cav's win the East I will personally change my Moniker to Cavsrule~!

JoeTait75
04-21-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm agreeing with this prediction as well. Besides being a big fan of Lebron, you gotta show some love for Mike Brown and Devin Brown. Plus with Lebron going ape shit every once in a while anything is possible.

Devin Brown has been big for us. Other than LeBron and Z, he's been the most consistent guy on the roster over the course of the season. Not a great athlete or shooter, but does the little things.

Our biggest problem with Boston is we don't do a good job defending their pick-and-roll. They have killed us all season by going quickly down to their bigs as soon as we come out and hedge. Z isn't fast enough to get back in time, and Andy's been hurt, and when healthy his help defense has gone to the dogs. Big Baby has gotten awfully healthy at our expense.

C's in six if/when we get by the Wizards.

bus driver
04-21-2008, 02:27 PM

good point, but i still dont believe it......

Thunder Dan
04-21-2008, 02:30 PM
we have 3 guys that can go off at any given time. Lebron,Wally, and D-Jones can all drop 50 on any given night. The only reason DJones doesn't is becuase he doesn't get the PT, but if he did you can pencil him in for 40 easily.

Amare_32
04-21-2008, 07:26 PM
we have 3 guys that can go off at any given time. Lebron,Wally, and D-Jones can all drop 50 on any given night. The only reason DJones doesn't is becuase he doesn't get the PT, but if he did you can pencil him in for 40 easily.

LeBron might win a game or 2 for them thats it. The Celts are just more then the Big 3. As for LeBron the Celts only have to slow him down. They know he is going to get his points but Tony Allen,Pierce,Posey will slow him down just enough and those dunks and layups won't be there for him with KG in the post. Also keep in mind that the Cavs lost both games in Boston and the C's have homecourt. The Cavs were better before the trade. I know Gooden was prone to being a bonehead but his offense will be missed.

Thunder Dan
04-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Also keep in mind that the Cavs lost both games in Boston and the C's have homecourt. The Cavs were better before the trade. I know Gooden was prone to being a bonehead but his offense will be missed.

1) Spurs were 0-2 vs the Cavs last year, what did that get them?

2) Lebron played 2 games vs the C's, lost one, won one

3)If you honestly think the Cavs are better with Hughes as the PG you know nothing about the Cavs . Hughes sucks. He was a SG playing point and was shooting close to 20% from the field.

Amare_32
04-21-2008, 07:32 PM
1) Spurs were 0-2 vs the Cavs last year, what did that get them?

2) Lebron played 2 games vs the C's, lost one, won one

3)If you honestly think the Cavs are better with Hughes as the PG you know nothing about the Cavs . Hughes sucks. He was a SG playing point and was shooting close to 20% from the field.

I said Gooden I did not mention Hughes.

Thunder Dan
04-21-2008, 07:34 PM
I said Gooden I did not mention Hughes.

you said they were better off before the trade, a trade that included Hughes. I would rather have West Wally and Ben than Gooden. Gooden only showed up once a week

Amare_32
04-21-2008, 07:39 PM
you said they were better off before the trade, a trade that included Hughes. I would rather have West Wally and Ben than Gooden. Gooden only showed up once a week

And he still gives you more offense then Big Ben.

Amare_32
04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Don't get me wrong LeBron James will give them a chance but I don't think the Cavs will have enough offense to overcome the Celt's stiffling defense. Don't expect the Celtics to allow LeBron go off like he did in Game 5 versus the Pistons.

Thunder Dan
04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
And he still gives you more offense then Big Ben.

because basketball is all about offense...you should know your a Suns fan. How many rings do the Suns have by putting 5 scorers on the court and trying to outscore over team they play?

How many trips to the finals?

lefty
04-21-2008, 07:48 PM
because basketball is all about offense...you should know your a Suns fan. How many rings do the Suns have by putting 5 scorers on the court and trying to outscore over team they play?

Well, to be fair, they went to the FInals twice.

1 more than Cleveland

Thunder Dan
04-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Well, to be fair, they went to the FInals twice.

1 more than Cleveland

yeah back when they played actual basketball including defense back in the 90s. Now they just run and gun and lose every year

Amare_32
04-21-2008, 07:50 PM

So you rather have the offensive liability that is Ben Wallace? I guess you have not seen enough of his playoffs games to know that teams go to Hack a Ben.

KidCongo
04-21-2008, 07:52 PM
So you rather have the offensive liability that is Ben Wallace? I guess you have not seen enough of his playoffs games to know that teams go to Hack a Ben.

Fuck Drew is the biggest defensive liability out there. Guy wouldn't go up hard, all he would do was lay-ups and that awkward jumpshot.

Thunder Dan
04-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Fuck Drew is the biggest defensive liability out there. Guy wouldn't go up hard, all he would do was lay-ups and that awkward jumpshot.

don't argue with him. He is a moron. He thinks basketball is all about offense. You would think that after watching the Spurs TCB of his Suns every year he would figure that out..but nope.

Amare_32
04-21-2008, 07:56 PM

I agree with you on that but unlike Ben Wallace teams have to respect Gooden on the offensive end. With Big Ben KG can roam around on defense.

KidCongo
04-21-2008, 08:00 PM
I agree with you on that but unlike Ben Wallace teams have to respect Gooden on the offensive end. With Big Ben KG can roam around on defense.

Z and Ben compliment eachother. Although they are both ageing.

Gooden could put up 24-12 one night. The next would be a 6-4.

KidCongo
04-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Thunder how come Wally is starting now? I've been away for last week.

Thunder Dan
04-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Thunder how come Wally is starting now? I've been away for last week.

because he can't hit anything when he comes off the bench, so they start him to try to get him going early

mojorizen7
04-22-2008, 03:40 AM
No fucking way Cavs get outta the East. They'll be lucky to beat the Wiz in seven(but they will)

endrity
04-22-2008, 03:57 AM
That victory last night seemed everything but lucky... the Cavs are starting to roll, and there is no one in the East who can match LBJ's production if he gets going.

mojorizen7
04-22-2008, 05:02 AM
Yeah it was a solid W. I just see the physicality and growing hype of this series going the full seven(thats what she said) with the CAVS winning the deciding game.

lefty
04-24-2008, 11:41 AM
That victory last night seemed everything but lucky... the Cavs are starting to roll, and there is no one in the East who can match LBJ's production if he gets going.

They are gradually finding their rythm and playoff intensity

stretch
04-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Cleveland = 2008 NBA Champions

DazedAndConfused
04-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Cleveland will lose to BOS should they make it that far. You can bet the farm on that.

stretch
04-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Cleveland will lose to BOS should they make it that far. You can bet the farm on that.

No.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

lefty
04-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Cleveland = 2008 NBA Champions

:lmao

BiZNicK
04-24-2008, 07:55 PM
They can't win the East if they fail in the 1st round......i dont see how that would work

Amare_32
04-24-2008, 09:21 PM
They can't win the East if they fail in the 1st round......i dont see how that would work

:rollin

lefty
04-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Even if Celtics win the series, they have definitely been exposed by the Hawks

Cavs win the East

Book it

Strike
04-29-2008, 12:56 PM
boston will not even be challenged until the finals if pistons lose in first round

Really?

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/z-ste15/fail.gif

lefty
05-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Damn

Wizards will eliminate Cleveland without Arenas :bang

Anyway, Boston will not win the East.

Arenas-less Wizards own the Celtics.

lefty
05-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Celtics have been exposed by Atlanta ...

Cavs will win the East

Book it :fro

lefty
05-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Double book it

lefty
05-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Oh My Gawwwwd

My pre-playoffs predictions are 2 games away from becoming real.

:ihit:ihit

theMUHMEshow
05-13-2008, 11:04 AM
lol, Cavs wont be getting through this Detroit team...

BOOKMARK THAT

Thunder Dan
05-13-2008, 11:16 AM
lol, Cavs wont be getting through this Detroit team...

been there done that

JamStone
05-13-2008, 11:25 AM
been there done that

Same for the Pistons.

Thunder Dan
05-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Same for the Pistons.

that was so 2006

lefty
05-13-2008, 11:28 AM
I don't see Detroit winning the East

JamStone
05-13-2008, 11:31 AM
that was so 2006

And?

mavs>spurs2
05-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Anyone have a video of the Lebron dunk on KG? I keep hearing about it but can't find it anywhere..

stretch
05-13-2008, 11:35 AM
And?

Lebron James > Detroit Pistons

stretch
05-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Anyone have a video of the Lebron dunk on KG? I keep hearing about it but can't find it anywhere..

go to Yahoo.com

JamStone
05-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Lebron James > Detroit Pistons

LeBron James > any individual player on the Detroit Pistons

stretch
05-13-2008, 11:42 AM
LeBron James > Every teammate of the Detroit Pistons combined

Proof: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007053108

I fail.

Fixed

JamStone
05-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Last year, LeBron was phenomenal against the Pistons in game 5.

You know how LeBron single-handedly beat the Pistons to close them out in game 6?

By going 3-for-11 from the field and riding Daniel Gibson's three point shooting and 31 points.

LeBron is one of the 2 best players in the league. And, he helped lead his team past the Pistons last year in the ECF. And, he was the best player on the court.

He didn't do it by himself.

Fundamental
05-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Not gonna happen.

stretch
05-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Last year, LeBron was phenomenal against the Pistons in game 5.

You know how LeBron single-handedly beat the Pistons to close them out in game 6?

By going 3-for-11 from the field and riding Daniel Gibson's three point shooting and 31 points.

Don't forget about getting the line 19 times (which is what great players do when their shot isn't falling), grabbing 14 boards, dishing 8 assists, and forcing Tayshawn Prince into a 1-10 shooting night. Also don't forget that his teammates production is pretty much due to the attention he recieves.

LeBron is one of the 2 best players in the league. And, he helped lead his team past the Pistons last year in the ECF. And, he was the best player on the court.

He didn't do it by himself.

I understand that. I think you took the joke a little too seriously though, which doesn't really shock me considering you get all butt-hurt and defensive over anything anyone says that disagrees with you.

armand0
05-13-2008, 12:02 PM
nop, pistons will

Vinnie_Johnson
05-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Detroit needs to take care of The Magic tonight first. The Cavs won't win in Boston.

armand0
05-13-2008, 12:07 PM
Detroit needs to take care of The Magic tonight first. The Cavs won't win in Boston.

thats not gonna happen either, pistons in 7, book it

JamStone
05-13-2008, 12:10 PM
I understand that. I think you took the joke a little too seriously though, which doesn't really shock me considering you get all butt-hurt and defensive over anything anyone says that disagrees with you.

I got the joke.

As soon as you put up a link of last year's playoffs, I was going to respond to it.

stretch
05-13-2008, 12:15 PM
I got the joke.

As soon as you put up a link of last year's playoffs, I was going to respond to it.

with the playoffs from the year before that? a lot has changed since then. Cleveland has gotten far better, while Detroit has regressed. in that period since then, Cleveland beat Detroit in 6 games last year. I think that pretty much throws out the 2005-2006 playoffs out the window.

JamStone
05-13-2008, 12:35 PM
with the playoffs from the year before that? a lot has changed since then. Cleveland has gotten far better, while Detroit has regressed. in that period since then, Cleveland beat Detroit in 6 games last year. I think that pretty much throws out the 2005-2006 playoffs out the window.

Huh? I responded to you with an explanation of why LeBron didn't beat the Pistons by himself.

I mentioned the 2006 playoffs in response to ThunderDan.

At any rate, 6 games doesn't mean much when 5 of the six games were all decided in the final minutes. The Cavaliers were the better team last year in that they played better during the series. I don't take anything away from the Cavs last year. They played better and they deserved to win.

I don't know how you can say the Cavs have gotten far better over the last two seasons and the Pistons have regressed. The Pistons look stronger than last year. Not only did they have a better season this year, but they added more balance, youth, and athleticism from the bench.

And, the Cavaliers have improved so much, they completely rebuilt their roster in the middle of the season.

Look, the Cavs are contenders because of LeBron James. They have some decent role players. But, how can you hype a team that won 45 games in the Eastern Conference?

If the Pistons and Cavs advance and each team plays their best basketball, I believe the Pistons win. The Cavs are capable of beating the Pistons in a 7 game series. But, I think the Pistons are the better team. If the Cavs play better and LeBron goes nuts, sure the Cavs can win. But, we'll just have to wait to see. We don't even know if the two will meet yet.

stretch
05-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Huh? I responded to you with an explanation of why LeBron didn't beat the Pistons by himself.

I mentioned the 2006 playoffs in response to ThunderDan.

and I was bringing up 2007 in response to that.

At any rate, 6 games doesn't mean much when 5 of the six games were all decided in the final minutes. The Cavaliers were the better team last year in that they played better during the series. I don't take anything away from the Cavs last year. They played better and they deserved to win.

Gay way to justify your team's loss, pussy. Fact is they lost. Does the differential matter? Ask Vin Fucking Diesel.

I don't know how you can say the Cavs have gotten far better over the last two seasons and the Pistons have regressed. The Pistons look stronger than last year. Not only did they have a better season this year, but they added more balance, youth, and athleticism from the bench.

The Pistons main lineup (you know, the guys that play when it matters most in the 4th quarter) look considerably older and slower than they did a few years ago. it showed when the 76ers were giving them so many problems, due to their speed and athleticism.

And, the Cavaliers have improved so much, they completely rebuilt their roster in the middle of the season.

and they have benefited from that, because of the greatness of Lebron James, and his ability to make things easy for his teammates.

Look, the Cavs are contenders because of LeBron James. They have some decent role players. But, how can you hype a team that won 45 games in the Eastern Conference?

Because of Lebron James. I'm not really hyping the team as much as I am Lebron. When he needs to, he will turn it up and dominate, as he does often. Sure, he needs his teammates to step up and hit some open shots that he gets for them, but the success of the team is solely because of Lebron James. This is actually one of those very rare cases in which if the team loses, 99% of the time its not really Lebron's fault, but when the team wins, 99% of the time it is because of Lebron. A lot of that is due to the fact that NO ONE on that team is capable of setting up their own shot without Lebron on the floor. He sets them up each and every game with easy shot opportunities that every NBA player should be capable of converting into points (whether by passing, picks, or drawing defensive attention away from them). If they don't knock them down, you can't blame Lebron, and if they aren't knocking them down, it allows the opponents to focus all defensive attention on Lebron, and its simply asking too much of ANYONE to consistently beat 3-5 man defensive fronts.

If the Pistons and Cavs advance and each team plays their best basketball, I believe the Pistons win. The Cavs are capable of beating the Pistons in a 7 game series. But, I think the Pistons are the better team. If the Cavs play better and LeBron goes nuts, sure the Cavs can win. But, we'll just have to wait to see. We don't even know if the two will meet yet.

I don't deny that as a whole, the Pistons have a better team than the Cavaliers. But Lebron is so awesome, that it pretty much negates that point.

JamStone
05-13-2008, 01:19 PM
and I was bringing up 2007 in response to that.

No you didn't. You brought up 2007 in response to me saying LeBron is better than any "individual" player on the Pistons. But whatever...

Gay way to justify your team's loss, pussy. Fact is they lost. Does the differential matter? Ask Vin Fucking Diesel.

Uh chill. I'm not justifying the loss. I accept the losses. I've said the Cavaliers were the better team last year. The point was in response to you saying the Cavs winning in 6 games throws out 2006. First of all, I wasn't even talking about 2006 at that point. And, secondly, the point was winning in 6 games when all but one game is very competitive doesn't punctuate that the Cavs were clearly better. They were better. Accepted. They didn't blow out the Pistons. It means that if the Pistons had played a little better, the outcome could have been different.

The Pistons main lineup (you know, the guys that play when it matters most in the 4th quarter) look considerably older and slower than they did a few years ago. it showed when the 76ers were giving them so many problems, due to their speed and athleticism.

Outside of Rip Hamilton, the Pistons haven't been a team that relied on speed and athleticism over the last 5 years. You're seriously talking out of your ass now. This is just a bullshit point to your argument. The current Pistons core have pretty much always relied on execution, ball control, and jump shooting on offense and team execution on defense. They haven't been "athletic or quick" pretty much outside of Rip and when Ben Wallace was here. They're not really slower, and speed and athleticism aren't part of their game anyway.

and they have benefited from that, because of the greatness of Lebron James, and his ability to make things easy for his teammates.

LeBron is great, phenomenal, unbelievable, extraordinary, legendary.

The Cavaliers as a team... eh.

Because of Lebron James. I'm not really hyping the team as much as I am Lebron. When he needs to, he will turn it up and dominate, as he does often. Sure, he needs his teammates to step up and hit some open shots that he gets for them, but the success of the team is solely because of Lebron James. This is actually one of those very rare cases in which if the team loses, 99% of the time its not really Lebron's fault, but when the team wins, 99% of the time it is because of Lebron. A lot of that is due to the fact that NO ONE on that team is capable of setting up their own shot without Lebron on the floor. He sets them up each and every game with easy shot opportunities that every NBA player should be capable of converting into points (whether by passing, picks, or drawing defensive attention away from them). If they don't knock them down, you can't blame Lebron, and if they aren't knocking them down, it allows the opponents to focus all defensive attention on Lebron, and its simply asking too much of ANYONE to consistently beat 3-5 man defensive fronts.

Which is why the Cavaliers aren't a great team. They rely on LeBron for everything. How much were games 3 and 4 a result of LeBron's greatness or the Celtics choking? LeBron is shooting 25% from the field in the Boston series. The Celtics should be up 3-1. And, they're getting their share of criticism for not being up 3-1.

LeBron is great. And, we know he can do unbelievable things. That doesn't mean his team is good. You pretty much said it yourself there.

I don't deny that as a whole, the Pistons have a better team than the Cavaliers. But Lebron is so awesome, that it pretty much negates that point.

Uhhhh, if that's so, then you really didn't disagree with what I was saying all along.

stretch
05-13-2008, 01:53 PM
No you didn't. You brought up 2007 in response to me saying LeBron is better than any "individual" player on the Pistons. But whatever...

You fucking idiot. Thunder Dan said "that was so 2006" and you said "so" and my response to that was Lebron > Detroit Pistons, which was a reference to game 5 in 2007, which had happened more recently, but oviously didnt get it as you said you had.

Uh chill. I'm not justifying the loss. I accept the losses. I've said the Cavaliers were the better team last year. The point was in response to you saying the Cavs winning in 6 games throws out 2006. First of all, I wasn't even talking about 2006 at that point. And, secondly, the point was winning in 6 games when all but one game is very competitive doesn't punctuate that the Cavs were clearly better. They were better. Accepted. They didn't blow out the Pistons. It means that if the Pistons had played a little better, the outcome could have been different.

And if the Cavaliers played a little better, the games wouldn't have been just margins of few points as you said they were. They would have been larger. Your argument works both for you and against you. Fail.

Outside of Rip Hamilton, the Pistons haven't been a team that relied on speed and athleticism over the last 5 years. You're seriously talking out of your ass now. This is just a bullshit point to your argument. The current Pistons core have pretty much always relied on execution, ball control, and jump shooting on offense and team execution on defense. They haven't been "athletic or quick" pretty much outside of Rip and when Ben Wallace was here. They're not really slower, and speed and athleticism aren't part of their game anyway.

I never said they relied on speed and athleticism. Where did I ever say that? the only thing I said is that speedy and athletic teams give them fits, especially as they are older and slower than in the past. Fail.

also, their team now relies on the jumpshot too much, which is the real reason they havent advanced the past 2 years to the finals. sure they have always been more of a jumpshooting team, but they used to take it to the hole a lot more in the past, and Rasheed used to post up more often as well. plus their defense was far superior back then, so they could get away with stagnating offenses more often than they can now. without Ben Wallace in the middle, their defense has clearly regressed.

LeBron is great, phenomenal, unbelievable, extraordinary, legendary.

The Cavaliers as a team... eh.

Let me finish that "eh" for you... beat the Pistons and got to the Finals.

Which is why the Cavaliers aren't a great team. They rely on LeBron for everything. How much were games 3 and 4 a result of LeBron's greatness or the Celtics choking? LeBron is shooting 25% from the field in the Boston series. The Celtics should be up 3-1. And, they're getting their share of criticism for not being up 3-1.

Never said the team was great. I said Lebron was great, thus giving them a chance. A very good chance at that. That's how fucking good he is. And enough with the "coulda woulda" BS. If Lebron was shooting a little better they could have already swept Boston. Fact is, its 2-2. Fail.

LeBron is great. And, we know he can do unbelievable things. That doesn't mean his team is good. You pretty much said it yourself there.

And you have said it about 289 times in this thread. I got the point, and I have agreed with you. But at the same time, Lebron can overcome his shitty team and lead them to victory.

Uhhhh, if that's so, then you really didn't disagree with what I was saying all along.

Is that really what you are saying? First you say "Lebron is great, but his team sucks, so that is why they likely wont win" and now you are agreeing with my point that "Lebron is great, but his team sucks, but hes so good that they will still beat the Pistons"? Is that what you are saying? Fail.

Thunder Dan
05-13-2008, 01:56 PM
2007 Turning Point--Game 4

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/05/27/PH2007052701349.jpg

2008 Turning Point--Game 4?

http://www.cleveland.com/cgi-bin/prxy/photogalleries/nph-cache.cgi/cache=3000;/cleve/images/9016/01.jpg

TampaDude
05-13-2008, 02:04 PM

Here ya go...

http://i32.tinypic.com/68ssxl.gif

NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!!! :lol

TampaDude
05-13-2008, 02:06 PM
BTW...Pistons will win the East...book THAT!!! :toast

JamStone
05-13-2008, 02:14 PM
You fucking idiot. Thunder Dan said "that was so 2006" and you said "so" and my response to that was Lebron > Detroit Pistons, which was a reference to game 5 in 2007, which had happened more recently, but oviously didnt get it as you said you had.

Actually, March 19 happened even more recently when LeBron went 4-for-17 from the field for 13 points in a Cavaliers loss with his rebuilt team of "new acquisitions." I could have easily pointed to that last game LeBron faced the Pistons. It's not about last year's playoffs. It's about this year's Pistons versus this year's Cavaliers.

And, you resort to name-calling and I'm the one who gets butt hurt?

And if the Cavaliers played a little better, the games wouldn't have been just margins of few points as you said they were. They would have been larger. Your argument works both for you and against you. Fail.

LOL. I haven't been discrediting the Cavaliers beating the Pistons last year. All I've been saying is that each of the first five games came down to the final few possessions. That's not enough to say the Cavs winning in 6 completely throws out the previous year. It's not like the Cavs have owned the Pistons since. We'll have to wait to see what's proven if the two meet in the ECF. But, last year's Cavs win in the ECF doesn't mean the Cavs have figured out the Pistons or that the Pistons can no longer beat the Cavs in a playoff series.

I never said they relied on speed and athleticism. Where did I ever say that? the only thing I said is that speedy and athletic teams give them fits, especially as they are older and slower than in the past. Fail.

You said they look older and slower. My point only was to say they never relied on speed and athleticism anyway. So, it's pretty much a moot point. And, sure young, quick, athletic teams give them problems. Same for the Spurs and Celtics. But, that doesn't mean the Pistons can't beat young, athletic teams. They did so in the first round.

also, their team now relies on the jumpshot too much, which is the real reason they havent advanced the past 2 years to the finals. sure they have always been more of a jumpshooting team, but they used to take it to the hole a lot more in the past, and Rasheed used to post up more often as well. plus their defense was far superior back then, so they could get away with stagnating offenses more often than they can now. without Ben Wallace in the middle, their defense has clearly regressed.

So far this playoffs, the Pistons have relied much less on the three pointer and Rasheed has played down on the block more. The defense is not the same without Ben Wallace but was still the best in the league this year. And, in the playoffs, they are the third best defense after Boston and Cleveland. Regression, probably. To the point of detriment, not even close.

Let me finish that "eh" for you... beat the Pistons and got to the Finals.

Yes. And, this year's Cavaliers team is not the same Cavaliers team as last year. And, the team around LeBron right now is eh.

Never said the team was great. I said Lebron was great, thus giving them a chance. A very good chance at that. That's how fucking good he is. And enough with the "coulda woulda" BS. If Lebron was shooting a little better they could have already swept Boston. Fact is, its 2-2. Fail.

There is no coulda woulda in 25% FG shooting for arguably the best player in the league.

And you have said it about 289 times in this thread. I got the point, and I have agreed with you. But at the same time, Lebron can overcome his shitty team and lead them to victory.

Sometimes. Otherwise he would have already hoisted the trophy last year. As great as he is, he and his team are more than beatable.

Is that really what you are saying? First you say "Lebron is great, but his team sucks, so that is why they likely wont win" and now you are agreeing with my point that "Lebron is great, but his team sucks, but hes so good that they will still beat the Pistons"? Is that what you are saying? Fail.

I said LeBron is great and his team sucks. The Cavaliers are capable of beating the Pistons in a 7 game series. If the two teams meet, I don't believe they will.

You acknowledged that the Pistons are the better team. And, LeBron is awesome. In that vein, you haven't been disagreeing with me.

stretch
05-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Actually, March 19 happened even more recently when LeBron went 4-for-17 from the field for 13 points in a Cavaliers loss with his rebuilt team of "new acquisitions." I could have easily pointed to that last game LeBron faced the Pistons. It's not about last year's playoffs. It's about this year's Pistons versus this year's Cavaliers.

Okay, if you wanna be even more of a douche about things, then as far as I'm concerned, things have changed since then even, and the playoffs are a different animal, so when their series begins, it will be 0-0, so no team has any advantage this year whatsoever. happy now, dickhead?

And, you resort to name-calling and I'm the one who gets butt hurt?

Yes.

LOL. I haven't been discrediting the Cavaliers beating the Pistons last year. All I've been saying is that each of the first five games came down to the final few possessions. That's not enough to say the Cavs winning in 6 completely throws out the previous year. It's not like the Cavs have owned the Pistons since. We'll have to wait to see what's proven if the two meet in the ECF. But, last year's Cavs win in the ECF doesn't mean the Cavs have figured out the Pistons or that the Pistons can no longer beat the Cavs in a playoff series.

Yes. It does.

You said they look older and slower. My point only was to say they never relied on speed and athleticism anyway. So, it's pretty much a moot point. And, sure young, quick, athletic teams give them problems. Same for the Spurs and Celtics. But, that doesn't mean the Pistons can't beat young, athletic teams. They did so in the first round.

Never said they can't. I simply said they are older and slower. If you don't think that being older and slower on defense makes a difference, then I don't know what to tell you. And of course they beat the 76ers. They were SUPPOSED to. As skilled as they are, they should have beat them with much more ease, but due to the age and speed factor, they had a harder time than they should have.

So far this playoffs, the Pistons have relied much less on the three pointer and Rasheed has played down on the block more. The defense is not the same without Ben Wallace but was still the best in the league this year. And, in the playoffs, they are the third best defense after Boston and Cleveland. Regression, probably. To the point of detriment, not even close.

Since you love technicalities so much, you are the wrongest motherfucker on the face of the earth, considering the Celtics held their opponents to a lower FG%, lower 3pt%, less APG, forced more TO's per game, and was a superior rebounding team. The only thing Detroit did better was holding their opponents to .22 less PPG, but a lot is due to the slow offense, as Boston outscored their opponents by almost 3 more PPG than Detroit did.

Facts show that Boston's D >>> Detroit's D.

Yes. And, this year's Cavaliers team is not the same Cavaliers team as last year. And, the team around LeBron right now is eh.

It is "eh". Last year's team was even more "eh".

There is no coulda woulda in 25% FG shooting for arguably the best player in the league.

Actually there is, considering its extremely rare for him to shoot that poorly. It's another thing for someone to pull a coulda woulda using reasoning that Ben Wallace to go off and average 20 ppg in a series (simply an example, don't think I actually accused you of saying that, because all know how sensitive and butthurt you get over everything). In that case, there is no coulda woulda.

Sometimes. Otherwise he would have already hoisted the trophy last year. As great as he is, he and his team are more than beatable.

Never said they aren't. Same for the Pistons... to which you would respond, "I never said they aren't either". So WTF is your point here? Fail.

I said LeBron is great and his team sucks. The Cavaliers are capable of beating the Pistons in a 7 game series. If the two teams meet, I don't believe they will.

I disagree.

You acknowledged that the Pistons are the better team. And, LeBron is awesome. In that vein, you haven't been disagreeing with me.

One of my disagreements just took place. The second is that I said they HAVE a better team. Doesn't mean they ARE a better team. The 03-04 Lakers HAD a better squad than the Pistons, but they clearly were not the better team, were they? Lebron is so good that he is capable of taking a team with minimal talent, and beating a team that is one of the most talented in the league, like he did last year. In fact, pretty much every team he has beaten in the playoffs has had superior talent as an entire team, but Lebron was able to overcome it. Gilbert Arenas had guys like Butler and Jamison these 3 years. Vince Carter had Richard Jefferson and Jason Kidd. The Pistons had Billups, Hamilton, Prince, and Rasheed. The second and third best options that Lebron has had is Z, and... well you never really know who the #3 guy is going to be on any given night, as it could be Hughes, Gooden, Wally, etc... one of those guys may step up with the rest would typically suck, but none of them except Wally (who has only had like 20-30 games to gel with the team) is capable of being a true #3 option on any other title contending team... except the Cavaliers. That's how good Lebron is. That is how he makes the Cavaliers a better team than the Pistons, despite the Pistons having better players on the team.

BlackSwordsMan
05-13-2008, 04:07 PM
''sit your ass down'' - lebron

lefty
05-13-2008, 04:15 PM
BTW...Pistons will win the East...book THAT!!! :toast

:nope

JamStone
05-18-2008, 05:43 PM
bump worthy

lefty
05-18-2008, 05:45 PM
:lol

Yeah but it was close;

it came down to some dumb plays from Cleveland

Oh well, at least I tried

dirk4mvp
05-18-2008, 05:48 PM
The Celtics vs. the LeBrons was a very competitive series.

dtorre
05-18-2008, 06:21 PM
The Celtics vs. the LeBrons was a very competitive series.

Yes I agree a competitively bad series...

Dim Tuncan
05-18-2008, 06:26 PM
I know they didin't have the most impressive record, but think about it:

- LBJ missed the first games of the season

- Anderson VJ did as well, but because of his bitching

- Z missed a lot of games

- Boobie missed a lot of games too

- The big trade has made them 10 times better than last season, and they are the defending East champs.

- That frontline, Z, Wallace, Smith, VJ...lot of people to throw at KG :wow

IF they stay healthy, they'll win the East.

Book it :eyebrows

You should be banned. Your basketball acumen is at the level of LeBitch's defense.

lefty
05-18-2008, 07:06 PM
You should be banned. Your basketball acumen is at the level of LeBitch's defense.

Hey that looked good.

As I said, it came down to a few dumb plays.

It was really close, it's not like Celts exploded Cleveland, you fucking retard.

BiZNicK
05-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Fail thread.

Dim Tuncan
05-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey that looked good.

As I said, it came down to a few dumb plays.

It was really close, it's not like Celts exploded Cleveland, you fucking retard.

Not talking about the Celts or how close this series was dumbass. You said they'd win the East. They didn't come close.

lefty
05-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Not talking about the Celts or how close this series was dumbass. You said they'd win the East. They didn't come close.

They almost beat the Celts douchebag.

If they did, they would beat the Pistons in the ECF, no fucking question

Dim Tuncan
05-18-2008, 07:17 PM
They almost beat the Celts douchebag.

If they did, they would beat the Pistons in the ECF, no fucking question

You said they would win the East.

They were eliminated in the second round.

Eliminated in second round ≠ Eastern Conference Champs.

∴ u r a fuckwad

Allanon
05-18-2008, 07:30 PM
bump worthy

+1

Lefty's had some good predictions but this one was reaching.

JoeTait75
05-18-2008, 07:33 PM
+1

Lefty's had some good predictions but this one was reaching.

Not by too much.

Lefty :toast

Mazel tov.

Allanon
05-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Not by too much.

Lefty :toast

Mazel tov.

That's true it was close. The Cavaliers play elite defense but their lack of production on offense keeps showing up.

Without another guy to lead the Cavs in scoring, the Cavs will always be a good team but a step below the elite. You know that LeBron will always be the leading scorer every playoff game and that just won't win a series.

JoeTait75
05-18-2008, 07:42 PM
That's true it was close. The Cavaliers play elite defense but their lack of production on offense keeps showing up.

Without another guy to lead the Cavs in scoring, the Cavs will always be a good team but a step below the elite. You know that LeBron will always be the leading scorer every playoff game and that just won't win a series.

True. Converse is, w/the superstar and the defensive principles all this team needs is one more guy who can give you 20+ most every night. Like the Lake Show got w/Gasol.

Allanon
05-18-2008, 07:43 PM
True. Converse is, w/the superstar and the defensive principles all this team needs is one more guy who can give you 20+ most every night. Like the Lake Show got w/Gasol.

I agree, they just need a 20 point guy (without losing their defensive mentality) to be a #1 team.

JamStone
05-18-2008, 08:09 PM

Nope.

They need a real offense. Even if the Cavs found an efficient 20 point scorer, that player won't be nearly as productive in an offense that gives LeBron 95% of the decision making. Even when Jordan was on a one-man team, the triangle forced Jordan to share the basketball and let plays run through the system as opposed to giving Jordan the ball in an iso situation every time down.

There has to be more creativity on offense than that. There has to be plays that allow the other players to get involved on offense with more than just catch-and-shoot responsibilities.

Larry Hughes was actually almost a good offensive player before he joined the Cavaliers.

The Cavs need an offense more than they need to upgrade personnel. And, that's sad because the Cavs need to desperately upgrade personnel.

JoeTait75
05-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Nope.

They need a real offense. Even if the Cavs found an efficient 20 point scorer, that player won't be nearly as productive in an offense that gives LeBron 95% of the decision making. Even when Jordan was on a one-man team, the triangle forced Jordan to share the basketball and let plays run through the system as opposed to giving Jordan the ball in an iso situation every time down.

There has to be more creativity on offense than that. There has to be plays that allow the other players to get involved on offense with more than just catch-and-shoot responsibilities.

Larry Hughes was actually almost a good offensive player before he joined the Cavaliers.

The Cavs need an offense more than they need to upgrade personnel. And, that's sad because the Cavs need to desperately upgrade personnel.

Larry's numbers in Cleveland are right in line w/his career numbers. PPG, shooting PCT, etc. His last year in Washington was the outlier, and he missed a quarter of the season. Like Larry does.

W/the defense, w/LeBron, all this team needs is one more guy who can create his own opportunities.

BTW, that Jordan team won w/dominant perimeter defense more than the triangle.

Dim Tuncan
05-18-2008, 08:53 PM
W/the defense, w/LeBron, all this team needs is one more guy who can create his own opportunities.

What happens when Bron-Bron signs with the Brooklyn Nets?

lefty
05-18-2008, 08:54 PM

True

Allanon
05-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Nope.

The Cavs need a offense more than they need to upgrade personnel. And, that's sad because the Cavs need to desperately upgrade personnel.

The Cavs don't need a complicated offense when you have a guy like LeBron. The Cavs didn't lose because they have a bad offensive scheme. They lost because guys couldn't make shots. Just like that wide-open 3 Damon Jones got, he got the perfect pass and missed it. Scottie Pippen would have nailed it.

The Cavs lack a consistent second scorer who has the ability to take over the game as well. For example, the Lakers have the exact same offense as they've always had, the only difference is they have Gasol and role players who can shoot when they're open. On any given night, Gasol can post better numbers than Kobe.

The Pistons are another team like this. Any of the big 4 players can be the high scorer on any given night. But they don't have a LeBron like player who can dominate a game so they need 4 of these good players. If the Cavs had LeBron plus any 2 of the best Pistons, they'd dominate the league.

Heck how about:
LeBron + Tim Duncan
LeBron + Chris Paul
LeBron + Deron Williams
LeBron + Chris Bosh
LeBron + Dwight Howard
LeBron + David West

Pistons are the richest in stars... they have the best 4 non-superstars in Billups, Prince, Sheed and Rip. KG has Paul Pierce, Tim Duncan has Manu + Parker, Kobe has Gasol, Chris Paul has David West....LeBron's got ???

Those teams would be feared no matter who you put with them.

stretch
05-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Your basketball acumen is at the level of LeBitch's defense.

Lebron was the guy who locked Pierce up in the final 5 minutes of the game. Pierce made ONE bucket on Lebron, which was the first one he shot, then proceeded to do nothing except turn it over a couple times and get bailed out by stupid fouls from other players.

stretch
05-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Nope.

The fact that they can still contend for a title with a terrible team and terrible coach, shows how good Lebron really is. If they get someone that can score some points consistently to take heat off of Lebron (Michael Redd would be nice, perhaps Jermaine O'Neal even though I know a lot of people bag on the guy, i think he is a lot like Lamar Odom in that he is better suited as a role player than a star guy) and make better coaching desicions such as posting Lebron in the "triple-threat" spot on offense, they will be the next dynasty.

stretch
05-19-2008, 08:30 AM
The Cavs don't need a complicated offense when you have a guy like LeBron. The Cavs didn't lose because they have a bad offensive scheme. They lost because guys couldn't make shots. Just like that wide-open 3 Damon Jones got, he got the perfect pass and missed it. Scottie Pippen would have nailed it.

The Cavs lack a consistent second scorer who has the ability to take over the game as well. For example, the Lakers have the exact same offense as they've always had, the only difference is they have Gasol and role players who can shoot when they're open. On any given night, Gasol can post better numbers than Kobe.

The Pistons are another team like this. Any of the big 4 players can be the high scorer on any given night. But they don't have a LeBron like player who can dominate a game so they need 4 of these good players. If the Cavs had LeBron plus any 2 of the best Pistons, they'd dominate the league.

Heck how about:
LeBron + Tim Duncan
LeBron + Chris Paul
LeBron + Deron Williams
LeBron + Chris Bosh
LeBron + Dwight Howard
LeBron + David West

Pistons are the richest in stars... they have the best 4 non-superstars in Billups, Prince, Sheed and Rip. KG has Paul Pierce, Tim Duncan has Manu + Parker, Kobe has Gasol, Chris Paul has David West....LeBron's got ???

Those teams would be feared no matter who you put with them.

Dirk and Lebron should find a way to get together. That would be the most lethal offensive duo ever. They both need another star to play with to win a title and would suit each other extremely well. But it's not going to happen...

Allanon
05-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Dirk and Lebron should find a way to get together. That would be the most lethal offensive duo ever. They both need another star to play with to win a title and would suit each other extremely well. But it's not going to happen...

Hahah, no kidding. I forgot about Dirk, they're both in the exact same situation...both have pretty good defense on their team but not enough scoring. Dirk and LeBron along with their respective defensive minded teams would be a fearsome 1-2 punch.

Red Hawk #21
05-19-2008, 03:49 PM

I was talking about this same scenario in another thread, Lebron and Dirk are basically going through th same thing, But Cuban won't let Dirk go until he thinks Dirk is old, similar to what he did with Fin and Nash.

z0sa
05-19-2008, 04:06 PM
LeBron needs a bigman who can score easy in the paint. His passing skills are being wasted on Z's 22 foot jumpshots. If he just had someone who could do that, I would guarantee a trip to the ECF.

Dim Tuncan
05-19-2008, 06:51 PM
What LeTravel needs:

Some defense

A post game

A shooting coach

A sports psychologist to light a fire under his ass

Mental toughness

Red Hawk #21
05-19-2008, 08:23 PM
What LeTravel needs:

Some defense