PDA

View Full Version : Which clutch Game 1 shot did you like the best?

manufor3
04-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Which one and why? :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Amuseddaysleeper
04-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Duncan's 3 ball

I am still trying to wrap my head around it

Sigz
04-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Tim Duncan and his godly shot.

It took my breath away.

Budkin
04-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Gotta be Timmy's 3... I still can't believe that shit.

BonnerDynasty
04-20-2008, 09:06 PM
When Duncan hit that 3, I flew out of the chair and high-fived my dad for the first time ever watching a game with him LOL

I'll never forget that.

Tacker
04-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Tim Duncan's Only three had to be in the game that mattered the most in the right time. Therefore DUNCAN's THREE

SequSpur
04-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Nash's 3 was the most incredible actually...

ShoogarBear
TD's shot will be on his highlight reel for his HoF entrance.

HighLowLobForBig-50
finley's, cause without that i wouldnt have been able to watch Tims incredible Trey

phyzik
04-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Do we even need a poll for this? :lol

Definately Tim's 3.

manufor3
04-20-2008, 09:10 PM
no love for the game-winning layup? :lol

Bulwark
04-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Tim's 3. Totally unexpected and unlikely.

SAtown
04-20-2008, 09:13 PM
"Manu's layup = 0%" so far???? WTF? Did the internet go down in Argentina?

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Finley's 3 was a way harder shot that Duncan's, of course Duncan is going to get more votes cause he's the better player etc. but Finley had an amazing shot to send it to overtime.

manufor3
04-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Finley's 3 was a way harder shot that Duncan's, of course Duncan is going to get more votes cause he's the better player etc. but Finley had an amazing shot to send it to overtime.

ya but tims a PF/C and findogs a 3-point shooter

BiZNicK
04-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Tim's three....

this is a complete blowout

I have never been so pumped/stunned/)%#@)<@ from any play before that happened

SpursFanFirst
04-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Tough question, but Manu's because it ultimately won the game.

Strike
04-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Timmy's 3, no question. Because it was so unexpected.

Kind of like the feeling if Shaq didn't complain after a loss. Has that happened?

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 09:45 PM
ya but tims a PF/C and findogs a 3-point shooterGood point. But that's not the question, the question simply is, which one was more clutch.

TampaDude
04-20-2008, 09:49 PM
TD's 3, hands down...I was like, WTF???

duncan228
04-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Duncan.

Finley's shot was clutch, but it wasn't a surprise when he made it.
Manu's game winner was Manu being Manu.
Duncan's was out of this world.

m33p0
04-20-2008, 09:51 PM
finley's 3 was against a set defense, manu drove against a set defense too. but timmy's will be the one that will stick out.

TMTTRIO
04-20-2008, 09:53 PM
1. Timmy's because that was almost an unexpected three from him that at first you want to say why did they do that and then he hits it that took us into double overtime.

2. Finley's 3 pointer because it took us into overtime after we struggled throughout the whole game.

3. Manu did that shot so easily and even if he didn't hit it we would've had another overtime (which I'm glad we did not have). The other two shots we hit to tie it up.

ambchang
04-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Finley's - Love seeing a role player step up during crunch time.
Though it is hard to not like seeing Timmy drain a 3.

kolko
04-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Td3.

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Tim's owning the poll. But no surprises here. He owns just about everything else. He's just expanding his greatness.

marini martini
04-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Duncan.

Finley's shot was clutch, but it wasn't a surprise when he made it.
Manu's game winner was Manu being Manu.
Duncan's was out of this world.

Have you even gotten any sleep since yesterday???????:lol:lol:lol

Argiebabe
04-20-2008, 10:09 PM
it`s obvious that Duncan`s 3 is going to win this whole poll...
But, Manu made the game winner and he somehow participated in the other 2 shots....
My love goes for him!

Deimosfobos
04-20-2008, 10:12 PM
No contest here, Timmys 3...

I mean, Fins 3 and Manu game winner were great, but years from now, what will still remain in our memory was timmys shoot for sure.

loveforthegame
04-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Duncan's was so unexpected and that's a pf stepping out who doesn't take many 3's at all.

But if it wasn't for Finley's shot we wouldn't be talking about Duncan's or Manu's.

duncan228
04-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Have you even gotten any sleep since yesterday???????:lol:lol:lol

Not much. It's a good time of year to be a Duncan fan. :)

marini martini
04-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Not much. It's a good time of year to be a Duncan fan. :)

Yep:toast

And the rest of the guys!

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Go Spurs!:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

manufor3
04-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Tim's owning the poll. But no surprises here. He owns just about everything else. He's just expanding his greatness.

+1

Slippy
04-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Finley's because there was more at stake and it made the W possible. That three rubs off on all his teammates going into the 2 OT's, as well as deflating the Suns.

jmard5
04-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Props to Finley for giving the Spurs the first OT; but I still have to pick The Timmy Trey.

Though I was watching the game via SopCast, my reaction probably was similar to Brent Barry's when Duncan hit that shot. :lol

Ariel
04-21-2008, 07:17 AM
Ugh, such a tough question... Some may say that without Tim's shot Manu's wouldn't have been possible, and others will say that by that logic it was Finley's that paved the way for them both. Conversely, one could argue without Tim's shot no one would remember Finley's, and without Manu's layup Tim's miracle three would have been futile. So at the end of the day, I'm deadlocked: I can't choose one. It's like the holy trinity, all three inextricably intertwined into one miraculous event. And that's not such a bad thing, now is it? :downspin:

florige
04-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Nash's 3 was the most incredible actually...

Nash's 3 looked so freakin effortless too! I almost thought that it was a 2 pointer on how clean it dropped thru the net.

Texas_Ranger
04-21-2008, 07:53 AM
All of those were great, but TD's 3 was something special.

Spurs Brazil
04-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Td 3

mexicanjunior
04-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Timmy's 3, it was one of those "WTF!?!?! Why is he shoo...Hell Yeah!!!!" moments...Right up there with the MDM...

Cry Havoc
04-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Tim's. I was at a friend's house (actually I had organized an audiophile meet and it was at the host's house that day), and with ~20 people around, only a few of them sports fans, when Tim hit that shot I literally flew out of my chair and did a complete 360 in the air. It was so stunning, because I realized at the EXACT same time as he released the ball that it was "... Duncan shooting a three?" And then a split-second later it went down. Unreal.

Mostly though, I love that shot the most because it's the coup de grāce on shredding the analysts this year who said that Tim is on the decline. His game was a blitzkrieg back to the top of being the most unstoppable force in the NBA, and shows just how much hype accounts for in the regular season.

Mostly, it puts people at ESPN for saying that "Manu is the key to the series" to shame.

Duncan is still the best player at both ends of the court in the entire league. His 3 was a defiant shout to the rest of the NBA (and a lot of Spurs fans) for EVER doubting him.

NASpurs
04-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Duncan's three for me. It was so unexpected that I didn't know what the hell just happened. Timmy for three? He made it?! WTF!

I know Timmy can hit the three but at the point of the game and the Spurs needing a three pointer to tie the game; he was the last person I thought of that would take that shot.

peewee's lovechild
04-21-2008, 10:27 AM
This isn't even close, Timmy's 3 was unexpected, unbelievable, and amazing.

ancestron
04-21-2008, 10:45 AM
yeah. I mean Tim Duncan hit a 3 pointer. And not some garbage time 3. A HUUUGGGEEEEEE game-tying 3 against the hated Phoenix Suns. Tim Duncan who NEEEVVVEEERRRR shoots threes.
That was the shot of the decade. Easily.

I still can't believe it happened. Tim Duncan is the ultimate leader. He knew his team needed him, and he stepped up in the biggest, most unexpected way possible. It all happened so fast I had to do a double take and ask myself If I had really seen what I had seen.
Tim Duncan is making clutch threes. Might as well pack up the cirsus, cuz in the words of Steven A. Smith...."its ovah".

MrChug
04-21-2008, 10:56 AM
There was no Nash "shot" (into the scorer's table) so it was a boring game :D

J/K...actually it was Nash's fall away 3 that was the most jaw dropping to be honest.

-Tim's clutch, so for some odd reason I wasn't shocked.
-Ultimately Manu's was the most important...FTW ;)

boutons_
04-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Tim's 3 was the crowning touch to his legendary performance.

SAGambler
04-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Gotta say Findogs. Because without that one, the other two never get a chance to happen.

I was so happy that Tim made his first 3 of the year. And that Manu finally put the Suns away.

But we all gotta be grateful for the one that got us into position to do the other two.

urunobili
04-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Duncan's was the best shot... it simply gave life back to us... the team.. the city... everyone... our heart is back and Timmy kept it alive..

Xylus
04-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Nash's fall-away, turn-around 3 was the most amazing shot of the game. Too bad Ginobili had to fuck it up for us.

Scene: Me in my living room with 15 seconds left in the game.

"Oh my god... Oh my god... OH MY FUCKING GOD, NASH, YOU FUCKING BEAUTIFUL MAN, HAVE MY BABIES, OH FUCK FUCK, OH MY FUCKING GOD... OH FUCK YES, FUCKING AWESOME...FU---Fuck."

Game over.

Jimcs50
04-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Um, Manu's shot won the game.....duh!

Spurminator
04-21-2008, 02:12 PM
It's weird because Manu's GAME WINNING SHOT almost seemed anti-climactic compared to Duncan's shot.

One factor, I think, is we didn't have time to build up tension before Manu's shot. I actually felt like the game was won before Nash hit his 3-pointer, and while Nash's 3 briefly hurt, Manu scored a few seconds later. Maybe if there had been a timeout before Manu's shot it would have resonated more with fans.

BillsCarnage
04-21-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm still amazed how surprised ppl are about Duncan's shot. I've been saying it over and over; did no one watch the shooting stars competition????

I wasn't the least bit surprised to see him make that. Any player who is a regular shooter and given that much time and openness to set should be able to make the shot. They take them in shoot around and practice.

ShoogarBear
04-21-2008, 02:18 PM
It's weird because Manu's GAME WINNING SHOT almost seemed anti-climactic compared to Duncan's shot.

One factor, I think, is we didn't have time to build up tension before Manu's shot. I actually felt like the game was won before Nash hit his 3-pointer, and while Nash's 3 briefly hurt, Manu scored a few seconds later. Maybe if there had been a timeout before Manu's shot it would have resonated more with fans.

Yeah, I was only slightly peeved after Nash's shot, but as soon as I saw the Spurs weren't going to call time out, I was somehow completely confident because there was nobody to guard the rim.

Jimcs50
04-21-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm still amazed how surprised ppl are about Duncan's shot. I've been saying it over and over; did no one watch the shooting stars competition????

I wasn't the least bit surprised to see him make that. Any player who is a regular shooter and given that much time and openness to set should be able to make the shot. They take them in shoot around and practice.

Yes the pressure of hitting a shot in the shooting stars and to keep from losing a game at home to your arch rival in the playoffs is the same, I think.

:)

BillsCarnage
04-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Nash's fall-away, turn-around 3 was the most amazing shot of the game. Too bad Ginobili had to fuck it up for us.

"Oh my god... Oh my god... OH MY FUCKING GOD, NASH, YOU FUCKING BEAUTIFUL MAN, HAVE MY BABIES, OH FUCK FUCK, OH MY FUCKING GOD... OH FUCK YES, FUCKING AWESOME...FU---Fuck."

Game over.

Well, when you're depending on Doris to be the paint defender you know the odds aren't in your favor.

I'm not a big D'Ant basher, but he is really horrible at coaching in the moment when the game is on the line. I know it's 20/20, but i'd have put Skinner and Marks in to patrol the paint and forced them to try to hit another jumper to close it. Worse that happens if they miss is a 3rd OT.

BillsCarnage
04-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Yes the pressure of hitting a shot in the shooting stars and to keep from losing a game at home to your arch rival in the playoffs is the same, I think.

:)

Point is he has the range when left WIDE open.

ShoogarBear
04-21-2008, 02:39 PM

Game over.

Hey, if Nash had wanted that shot to be remembered, he should have hit his free throws.

Brutalis
04-21-2008, 02:43 PM
voted manu and am in the minority like a mofo...

damn we won cause of that layup, duncan and fins three equals OT3.....

i win you lose dont bother!

ShoogarBear
04-21-2008, 02:46 PM
voted manu and am in the minority like a mofo...

damn we won cause of that layup, duncan and fins three equals OT3.....

i win you lose dont bother!

The counter-argument: without Fin or Duncan's shots, the Spurs lose.

Without Manu's shot, they could still win.