PDA

View Full Version : West and Nowitzki T'd UP

Tacker
04-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Hornets decided to show up Dirk by playing physical with him and Dirk responded with an elbow to David West. David West responded by going face to face with Dirk and tapping his fingers against Dirk's face. What did Dirk do?? Nothing

1-Was that the right move for Dirk to avoid suspension?
2-Or Was Dirk just a plain soft pussy.

icem
04-20-2008, 10:20 PM
i didnt see the elbow but isnt that more severe than fingers in your face ?

dirk cannot get suspended if he wants his team to have a chance to win

Tacker
04-20-2008, 10:22 PM
i didnt see the elbow but isnt that more severe than fingers in your face ?

dirk cannot get suspended if he wants his team to have a chance to win

Elbow could have been unintentional, fingers was definitely intentional.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 10:24 PM
A One without a doubt. He's not scared.

He's being smart, a suspension in the playoffs would hurt the Mavericks SO bad.

ludda
04-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Why is this even a big deal?

Dirk could have brushed West's hands off, but I can see why West was angry, but I can also see why Dirk didn't retaliate.

BTW, I think this is a bigger deal than it is b/c people like to go on about Dirk being soft.

Phil Hellmuth
04-20-2008, 10:26 PM
West is a boxer, don't think Dirky wants to fukz with that.

Findog
Why is this even a big deal?

Dirk could have brushed West's hands off, but I can see why West was angry, but I can also see why Dirk didn't retaliate.

BTW, I think this is a bigger deal than it is b/c people like to go on about Dirk being soft.

Ludda FTW. Lock the thread.

Elraptor
Yea i don't get it, how is this a big deal or a better question, why make a thread for something like this...

Findog
ElRaptor FTW too. Lock the thread.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 10:27 PM
ElRaptor FTW too. Lock the thread.:lol

Findog
Honestly, after Stack got suspended in the Finals for delivering nothing more than a hard foul, how is Dirk supposed to know what Stu Jackson will do? Dirk was teed up in that exchange and drew West's ire because he threw an elbow at West. I think it's totally within the realm of possibility that slapping West's hands away could result in a suspension, especially since Stu Jackson hates the Mavs. I'm sure New Orleans would love to goad Dirk into that kind of response.

Anthony Peeler threw a punch at KG and Garnett simply walked away. If it were a regular season game, I want Dirk to curbstomp West. If it had happened to Kobe or anybody else and he just stared at West, nobody would say anything, but it's Dirk, so he gets called soft.

And no, Dirk is not soft. You don't play on a high ankle sprain and get called soft. That's just fucking stupid.

Phil Hellmuth
Yea i don't get it, how is this a big deal or a better question, why make a thread for something like this...

SELL SELL SELL!!! tacker's stock is going down.

Amarelooms
West is a boxer, don't think Dirky wants to fukz with that.

Yeah West is a big badass...pretty sure Damp could just bitch slap him aside. Dirk is a good guy....you haters are all just sad :elephant

Findog
Tim Thomas blew a kiss at Dirk two years ago and Dirk responded by dropping 50 on Phoenix. THAT'S how you get payback. The exchange started because West was upset at the elbow Dirk threw. They're trying to be physical with Dirk and disrespect him and Dirk responded with an elbow. Isn't that what you're supposed to do when the other team tests your physical toughness? Give it right back?

Given Stu Jackson's hatred for the Mavs, you don't take chances that he'll be lenient. If Kobe or anybody else just stood there and stared at West, this would be a non-issue, but it's Dirk, so it's just "one more example" of how "soft" he is

Findog
04-20-2008, 10:28 PM
And btw, today during the Denver-LA game, Kobe was going in for a layup and Anthony Carter fouled him HARD, then shoved him after the play was over without any provocation from Kobe. Kobe didn't shove him back or even jaw at him, he just slapped his hands together, yelled a profanity to nobody in particular and the ref teed up Carter for the shove. I'm not saying Dirk is as tough as Kobe, or whatever, but Kobe doesn't deserve to be called soft for not losing his cool and being goaded into responding, and neither does Dirk.

Tacker
04-20-2008, 10:28 PM

This topic started on the thread "What chucky had to say on tnt" So I decided to make a new thread about it.

Findog
04-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Dirk gets goaded into a response and gets suspended and everyone, including Magic and Kenny, are calling him out for being stupid. But he is the bigger man and holds his ground so he's a pussy. He didn't back up or walk away from West, he stood right there toe to toe.

Amarelooms
04-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Dirk gets goaded into a response and gets suspended and everyone, including Magic and Kenny, are calling him out for being stupid. But he is the bigger man and holds his ground so he's a pussy. He didn't back up or walk away from West, he stood right there toe to toe.

Dirk can never win with the haters...who gives a shit...fuck off losers :elephant

DazedAndConfused
04-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Dirk was 100% in the right by not responding. You let your game do the talking.

Only idiot thugs like KG would have responded violently in situations like that.

Findog
04-20-2008, 10:31 PM
And Magic is the guy who earlier this year said Dirk should punch one of the Warriors during their first regular-season game as retaliation for the playoffs. Yeah, it doesn't get any pussier or softer than punching somebody because their team beat yours. Magic got AIDS from having unprotected sex with thousands of women and probably a few dudes as well, so I don't really care what he says or pay much heed to his "advice." He played in an era when Bill Laimbeer could maim guys and nothing would happen, whereas Dirk plays in an era where Jerry Stackhouse got suspended for a game in the Finals for a hard foul, and Robert Horry got two games for a hard foul.

Tacker
04-20-2008, 10:32 PM

Only idiot thugs like KG would have responded violently in situations like that.

HA HA HA ROFL. TRUE

Findog
04-20-2008, 10:32 PM

Who are you, and what have you done with DazedandConfused? I'm actually starting to like you.

Actually, Anthony Peeler punched him in that Kings-Wolves series and KG walked away.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-20-2008, 10:33 PM

Just face it my fellow Mav fan no matter what Dirk does he can't win, you should be used to this. If he fights west he will be called stupid and since he didn't fight he will be called soft. What really exposes these fools is that The same kind of incident happened today with Kobe and no one says anything about that. Double standard simple as that.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 10:34 PM
HA HA HA ROFL. TRUERasheed Wallace wouldn't have dealt with it at all. :lol

Findog
04-20-2008, 10:36 PM
What really exposes these fools is that The same kind of incident happened today with Kobe and no one says anything about that. Double standard simple as that.

You saw that too, with Anthony Carter shoving him and Kobe not doing a damn thing? I see that as Kobe not losing his cool and getting suspended for G2. And because it's Kobe, it's a non-issue. I'm not saying Dirk is as tough as Kobe, but if the same thing with West had happened with Kobe, and Kobe stood toe to toe and just stared at West, we'd all be talking about how much of a dumbass he is for getting on Kobe's bad side.

ObstructedView said Dirk folded after that, but it happened with like two minutes to go and the Hornets up by 12, and right after that Avery waved the white flag and lifted the starters. We'll see what happens Tuesday night. I hope Dirk makes him his bitch.

Tacker
04-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Just face it my fellow Mav fan no matter what Dirk does he can't win, you should be used to this. If he fights west he will be called stupid and since he didn't fight he will be called soft. What really exposes these fools is that The same kind of incident happened today with Kobe and no one says anything about that. Double standard simple as that.

Because Kobe did a little of both. He starting cussing and slapping his hands therefore not being soft and not getting into a fight. Thats what Dirk should have done. He shouldn't have fought West but should have talked smacked at him or something and not just sit there and stare at him

TDfan2007
04-20-2008, 10:38 PM
:tu
Ludda FTW. Lock the thread.

Findog
04-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Because Kobe did a little of both. He starting cussing and slapping his hands therefore not being soft and not getting into a fight. Thats what Dirk should have done. He shouldn't have fought West but should have talked smacked at him or something and not just sit there and stare at him

The Hornets are trying to be physical with Dirk and test his physical toughness. Earlier in the game Chandler threw Dirk to the ground and was t'd up for it. What got West upset is that Dirk threw an elbow when the refs weren't looking. Isn't that what you're supposed to do when another team decides to test you like that? Give it right back?

The Mavs can't count on Stu Jackson being lenient with them. Dirk did the right thing. Even slapping West's hand away is risky.

Elraptor
04-20-2008, 10:41 PM
I'd like to see Kobe and West go at it though :lol

Findog
04-20-2008, 10:41 PM

I honestly thought West looked like the bitch and the bigger idiot in that exchange. He's made it be known that he can lose his cool and get annoyed with an elbow. That will come in handy later in the series.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Tim Thomas blew a kiss at Dirk two years ago and Dirk responded by dropping 50 on Phoenix. THAT'S how you get payback. The exchange started because West was upset at the elbow Dirk threw. They're trying to be physical with Dirk and disrespect him and Dirk responded with an elbow. Isn't that what you're supposed to do when the other team tests your physical toughness? Give it right back?

That.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Kobe punched by chris childs, kobe thrown to the floor by Raja Bell, Garnett punched by anthony peeler, Dirk gets tapped in his face. Kobe and Kg are never called soft but because Dirk was simply tapped he was called "soft". Double standard. Tonight Rasheed Wallace missed a layup vs the sixers in the final seconds, if Dirk had been the one that missed that layup there would tons of people saying Dirk is a "choker". Double standard.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-20-2008, 11:02 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAreNz25wqE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAreNz25wqE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

LOL @ these guys

dirk4mvp
04-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Can anybody tell what West is saying?

"I'm a fluke all-star" perhaps?

Findog
04-20-2008, 11:11 PM
^ In all seriousness, I could only really make out the words "to my face" or "in my face" in that exchange.

ludda
04-20-2008, 11:53 PM
When Nowitzki cut West’s lip in the fourth quarter, the Hornets’ soft-spoken power forward marched into Nowitzki’s face, gently tapped his cheek and told him, “You only get one time to do that (expletive).”

Outside the interview room, as West re-told that story to Paul, his point guard was downright giddy. The Mavericks had been a playoff-hardened team that had tried to bully the Hornets, get inside their heads, get them doubting themselves and Paul was thrilled to watch West get into the reigning MVP’s face.

“Did you really?” Paul said, slapping his teammate’s hand and reveling over a night when they had conquered the first test together.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjMjL42uVszifnqE1pQHLZS8vLYF?slug=aw-paul042008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The only way Dirk should retaliate is to dominate the series. Slapping West back isn't going to cure any soft image if he gets suspended or if they lose the series.

sribb43
04-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Michael Cooper is a genius...ya have dirk pimp slap West so he can miss a game. it would make more since for avery to send in the goon Juwan Howard to lay one of his well known playoff flagrant fouls onto D. West in game 2

drunkendan
04-21-2008, 08:07 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAreNz25wqE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PAreNz25wqE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

LOL @ these guys

"You pimp slap him and you pimp slap him hard" :lmao

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 08:21 AM
The responses here are incredible. Let's get 3 things straight:

1) You are NOT going to get fucking suspended for slapping his hand away. Sorry but it's not gonna happen. To think that it's even a possibility is just homerism in defense of Dirk.

We're not talking shoving West, or "pimp slapping" him, or anything else, we're taking about simply removing his hand from Dirk's face. That's it. Absolutely no chance of a suspension.

2) Even if Dirk doesn't want to respond physically, HE DIDN'T EVEN RESPOND VERBALLY. He said NOTHING. He could have at least told that scrub piece of shit to get his hands the fuck off his face. But again Dirk did NOTHING.

3) If Dirk wanted to respond with his game, he sure as shit failed miserably at that in the 4th quarter.

Sorry but unless you're a pure Dirk homer I don't see how this incident doesn't show Dirk to be mentally soft. Maybe it's the Euro mentality, but either way I don't see the Hornets showing Dirk any respect for the rest of his series, and since he's the leader, no respect for the Mavericks as well. Not that the Mavs deserve any at this point.

And I'm back to being convinced that Dirk isn't mentally capable of leading an NBA team to a championship.

It is what it is. West punked Dirk and treated him like a bitch, and Dirk took it up the ass with no resistance whatsoever.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-21-2008, 09:00 AM
I think people are making way too much of this tap to Dirk's face, when it is shown in the video do you not realize that it was in slow-mo? In slow-mo it makes it look much worse than it really was, it happened pretty quickly and Dirk was probably lost in the heat of the moment.

drunkendan
04-21-2008, 09:12 AM
^Yeah, haven't you seen Chapelle's Show.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-21-2008, 09:12 AM
^Yeah, haven't you seen Chapelle's Show.

??

LakeShow
04-21-2008, 09:13 AM
The responses here are incredible. Let's get 3 things straight:

1) You are NOT going to get fucking suspended for slapping his hand away. Sorry but it's not gonna happen. To think that it's even a possibility is just homerism in defense of Dirk.

We're not talking shoving West, or "pimp slapping" him, or anything else, we're taking about simply removing his hand from Dirk's face. That's it. Absolutely no chance of a suspension.

2) Even if Dirk doesn't want to respond physically, HE DIDN'T EVEN RESPOND VERBALLY. He said NOTHING. He could have at least told that scrub piece of shit to get his hands the fuck off his face. But again Dirk did NOTHING.

3) If Dirk wanted to respond with his game, he sure as shit failed miserably at that in the 4th quarter.

Sorry but unless you're a pure Dirk homer I don't see how this incident doesn't show Dirk to be mentally soft. Maybe it's the Euro mentality, but either way I don't see the Hornets showing Dirk any respect for the rest of his series, and since he's the leader, no respect for the Mavericks as well. Not that the Mavs deserve any at this point.

And I'm back to being convinced that Dirk isn't mentally capable of leading an NBA team to a championship.

It is what it is. West punked Dirk and treated him like a bitch, and Dirk took it up the ass with no resistance whatsoever.

Have to say I agree with that. No way would he be suspended for slapping West hand out of his face, if so, suspend me! That is a total disrespect punking move that west got away with.

dickface
04-21-2008, 09:16 AM
??

77_0CNA4Ocg

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 09:19 AM
I think people are making way too much of this tap to Dirk's face, when it is shown in the video do you not realize that it was in slow-mo? In slow-mo it makes it look much worse than it really was, it happened pretty quickly and Dirk was probably lost in the heat of the moment.

It didn't seem bad to me at the time.....but I also assumed that Dirk would turn West into Tim Thomas Part 2. That didn't happen, and that makes it a lot worse IMO.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-21-2008, 09:22 AM
It didn't seem bad to me at the time.....but I also assumed that Dirk would turn West into Tim Thomas Part 2. That didn't happen, and that makes it a lot worse IMO.

At least wait and see what happens in game 2.

Findog
04-21-2008, 09:42 AM

There was 2 minutes left in the game and the Hornets were up by double digits. Pretty soon after that, Avery waved the white flag and removed the starters. Let's see what Dirk does in G2. You get West back by delivering a hard foul and going off on him, scoring-wise. Remember when Shaq drew blood on Stack in G1 of the Finals? That hard foul on the breakaway in G4 was Stack's revenge. Bavetta seperated them almost immediately before Dirk could really do anything to respond.

stretch
04-21-2008, 09:45 AM
There was 2 minutes left in the game and the Hornets were up by double digits. Pretty soon after that, Avery waved the white flag and removed the starters. Let's see what Dirk does in G2. You get West back by delivering a hard foul and going off on him, scoring-wise. Remember when Shaq drew blood on Stack in G1 of the Finals? That hard foul on the breakaway in G4 was Stack's revenge. Bavetta seperated them almost immediately before Dirk could really do anything to respond.

yea i think Dirk is going to have a nice 40+ point game on tuesday...

Findog
04-21-2008, 09:54 AM
I had the opposite reaction as mono. I was dismayed when I first saw it, which was in a crowded bar with the sound off. I wasn't paying that much attention at that point because the game was effectively over.

Seeing it again, Bavetta seperates them before Dirk really has a chance to do anything. By way of example, one time when I was in high school, me and this guy were insulting each other all throughout biology class. The bell rings and I get up to go to another class and he says to me "Yeah, you better keep walking." And I say back "Whatever, bitch." He then hauls off and suckerpunches me right then and there. I've been in fights before and I didn't think it was at that point yet, and the punch didn't hurt, he got me on the side of my head. But I kinda stood there for a few seconds kinda stunned, like "Did I really just get punched?" By this point, a crowd had gathered and witnessed the punch. Then I went at him. Honestly, I really do think West looked like the bitch in that exchange. It looks to me like the Hornets like to dish it out but get pissy when they get it back. Let's not forget that's why West got so upset in the first place: The Hornets decided to push Dirk around and he's giving it right back to them.

DazedAndConfused
04-21-2008, 09:57 AM
I really want DAL to obliterate NOH. This fucking Cinderella team needs to get sent back home early.

CP3 = Punk ass little bitch
West = You dumbshit this is the NBA not MMA
Chandler = I think I'm hot shit because I can dunk the ball
Peja = No problems with you
Mo Pete = Who the fuck is this guy again?

stretch
04-21-2008, 10:07 AM
I had the opposite reaction as mono. I was dismayed when I first saw it, which was in a crowded bar with the sound off. I wasn't paying that much attention at that point because the game was effectively over.

Seeing it again, Bavetta seperates them before Dirk really has a chance to do anything. By way of example, one time when I was in high school, me and this guy were insulting each other all throughout biology class. The bell rings and I get up to go to another class and he says to me "Yeah, you better keep walking." And I say back "Whatever, bitch." He then hauls off and suckerpunches me right then and there. I've been in fights before and I didn't think it was at that point yet, and the punch didn't hurt, he got me on the side of my head. But I kinda stood there for a few seconds kinda stunned, like "Did I really just get punched?" By this point, a crowd had gathered and witnessed the punch. Then I went at him. Honestly, I really do think West looked like the bitch in that exchange. It looks to me like the Hornets like to dish it out but get pissy when they get it back. Let's not forget that's why West got so upset in the first place: The Hornets decided to push Dirk around and he's giving it right back to them.

yea refs had gotten there pretty quickly before dirk really had a chance to react. plus, i think he was shocked more than anything that he would just gently touch his face like that, which looked rather gay to me. most people would be yelling or pushing or something. i cant remember the last time someone got accidentally elbowed in the face, and just gently stroked the other guys face... it was really strange.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 10:10 AM
the soft touch was more showing that he viewed Dirk as a woman or small child. and Dirk took it.

sorry but he absolutely punked the shit out of Dirk, and Dirk did dick about it. Even if the refs got there, you're telling me he can't at least yell back at West?

Findog
04-21-2008, 10:11 AM
the soft touch was more showing that he viewed Dirk as a woman or small child. and Dirk took it.

Just give Dirk till the end of the series to either give West a hard foul or go off on him.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Just give Dirk till the end of the series to either give West a hard foul or go off on him.

I'd hope so but I just don't see it happening.

Hook Dem
04-21-2008, 10:18 AM
I honestly thought West looked like the bitch and the bigger idiot in that exchange. He's made it be known that he can lose his cool and get annoyed with an elbow. That will come in handy later in the series.

Absolutely! I don't know if I could have held myself back like Dirk did. Props to Dirk!

LEONARD
04-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Think Tim Thomas...West is gonna get torched...

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 11:09 AM
CP3 = Punk ass little bitch

I agree 100% here. After the Bowen incident and then seeing the way he acted all game long on Saturday, Chris Paul is definitely one of the biggest punk bitches in the NBA.

mrsmaalox
04-21-2008, 11:19 AM
I think Dirk did the right thing by not reacting, but man it hurt me to watch him stand there and take it. Hopefully, payback will come soon in some form or another.

Holmes_Fans
04-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Tim Thomas v.2

But if Dirk doesn't go off for 40+ and win the game he will look really bad because that vid will be replayed before the game.

stretch
04-21-2008, 11:53 AM
I'd hope so but I just don't see it happening.

you hop ship too much and too often for anyone to take you seriously.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 11:56 AM
you hop ship too much and too often for anyone to take you seriously.

I've stuck with this team a lot longer than you have so you can shove that right back up your ass. I'm just calling it like it is, if you would rather be a blind homer and claim that playoff experiences from 2 years ago still apply today, go right ahead and be stupid enough to believe it.

DarrinS
04-21-2008, 11:58 AM
He shouldn't have thrown a punch, but he definitely should have reacted.

hVYjjCKeaRg

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 11:59 AM
If Dirk goes off for 40+ and the Mavs win on Tuesday, I'll gladly stop posting for an entire month. No TPark promises here, the real deal.

If Dirk goes for less than 25 and the Mavs lose, then stretch should be a man and shut his homer ass up for a month.

If Dirk goes anywhere between 25 and 40, then we can just agree that he had a decent game.

Findog
04-21-2008, 12:01 PM
If Dirk goes off for 40+ and the Mavs win on Tuesday, I'll gladly stop posting for an entire month. No TPark promises here, the real deal.

None of that shit. Your takes are too entertaining for that. If Dirk goes off, just bump this thread and admit you were wrong to call out Dirk.

MajorMike
04-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Soft.

Findog
04-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Soft.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 12:11 PM
I really would love to see Dirk go off on David West the way he did to Tim Thomas, but I think even massive homers like stretch will agree that it's one thing to go off for 50 on a lazy career underacheiver who hates playing defense, and going off on a hard-nosed scrappy PF like West.

MajorMike
04-21-2008, 12:11 PM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Musta took lessons from you. Soft.

Findog
04-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Musta took lessons from you. Soft.

A guy plays on a high ankle sprain and saves the Mavs from the lottery and somehow is soft. You should root for the Suns and Duhmare instead of the Spurs.

Stupid.

Oh and...

stretch
04-21-2008, 12:19 PM
I've stuck with this team a lot longer than you have so you can shove that right back up your ass. I'm just calling it like it is, if you would rather be a blind homer and claim that playoff experiences from 2 years ago still apply today, go right ahead and be stupid enough to believe it.

you are also entirely too defensive.

but seriously, every week, you have a new outlook on Dirk. one week he is your hero, the next week you want KG, then its "fuck KG" its Howard, Terry, etc's fault, and it goes on...

Dirk has done more for this team than anyone has ever done. It's not his fault that he doesn't get a plethora of superstars to help him out, like Shaq, Magic, Bird all have.

Howard and Terry are by far the worst 2nd options when compared to any other superstars in NBA history that won championships. Duncan had guys like Robinson and Manu. Jordan had Pippen. Magic had Kareem and Worthy and McAdoo, and whoever the hell else was in LA all those years. Isaiah had Aguirre and Dumars. Bird had McHale, Parish, and globs of others. Dr. J had Moses. Come on... if Dirk even had the luxury of Manu Ginobili instead of Howard, we already would have at least 1, probably 2 or more championships in Dallas. Fact is, Dirk needs a reliable second scorer who can make meaningful plays, and has never had one since Nash, but as we all know, those were the Nelly days with no defense or rebounding, so it didn't really help much anyways...

Fillmoe
04-21-2008, 12:22 PM
pimp slap with a backhand!

stretch
04-21-2008, 12:24 PM
I really would love to see Dirk go off on David West the way he did to Tim Thomas, but I think even massive homers like stretch will agree that it's one thing to go off for 50 on a lazy career underacheiver who hates playing defense, and going off on a hard-nosed scrappy PF like West.

No, he only went off for 39 against your hero, Kevin Garnett which in your opinion KG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dirk x 53415784589023475890273458943725890473258904758902 4564790234 and swept his ass in the playoffs. Also went off for 38 and 42 against Duncan in his prime, who is one of the greatest defensive PF's ever.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 12:29 PM
No, he only went off for 39 against your hero, Kevin Garnett which in your opinion KG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dirk x 53415784589023475890273458943725890473258904758902 4564790234 and swept his ass in the playoffs. Also went off for 38 and 42 against Duncan in his prime, who is one of the greatest defensive PF's ever.

Then he should have no problem dropping 40+ on West on Tuesday. And if he doesn't, then it means he let West make a bitch of him.

Fillmoe
04-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Pimp Slap Wif A Backhand Hoe!

stretch
04-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Then he should have no problem dropping 40+ on West on Tuesday. And if he doesn't, then he let West make a bitch of him.

if he has a good game and a win, then im fine with that. and if he wins the series, and plays around his average level, then West is the one that looks like the bitch, because Dirk is still playing, and West will not be, despite being the favorites, having HCA, etc...

Indazone
04-21-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm still waiting for Jason Kidd to score over 20 pts. LOL

Findog
04-21-2008, 01:10 PM

Last Wednesday, TwatJuice.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 01:11 PM

He already did. I'm still waiting for T-Mac to get out of the first round. LOL

DarrinS
04-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Last Wednesday, TwatJuice.

Ewwww.

Tacker
04-21-2008, 03:35 PM
I want know where the German in Dirk was, he should have took west over his shoulders and suplexed him into the court on some street fighter Alpha Zangief R1 + triangle + quarter-circle-forward shit.

Findog
04-21-2008, 03:37 PM
I want know where the German in Dirk was, he should have took west over his shoulders and suplexed him into the court on some street fighter Alpha Zangief R1 + triangle + quarter-circle-forward shit.

Hornets in 4.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 03:37 PM

Zangief is Russian.

SAtown
04-21-2008, 03:39 PM

:lol

Shank
04-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Zangief is Russian.

Totally - and also the easiest guy to beat.

Just keep jumping straight up and down and kick when he comes near. Two perfect rounds. Cake.

leemajors
04-21-2008, 03:54 PM

Just keep jumping straight up and down and kick when he comes near. Two perfect rounds. Cake.

blog!

stretch
04-21-2008, 04:03 PM

LOL

thats exactly what I would do to him all day with Ryu.

jack sommerset
04-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I am surprised this is a topic on alot of sport shows nationally. I watched the game. I thought West was just being a punk, upset with Dirk and Dirk walked away. Its obvious Dirk did the right thing. To give West some credit all he did was touch him., Literally. With all the great games over the weekend this is a top 5-6 story. Give me a break..

Indazone
04-21-2008, 04:29 PM
Really when did Jason Kidd score more than 20 pts in a playoff game?? 7 pts 9 ast 9 boards. Yes How I love that All Star of Mine!

Kudos to your Rafer Clone.

Oh and yes I'll take some of that juice. You sellin?

Findog
04-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Really when did Jason Kidd score more than 20 pts in a playoff game??

Now you're changing your terms. I'll look it up, but I wouldn't all be surprised if he did it last year as a Net.

7 pts 9 ast 9 boards. Yes How I love that All Star of Mine!

Damn near a triple-double.

Kudos to your Rafer Clone.

Kudos on Tracy going AWOL again in the 4th Quarter.

Findog
04-21-2008, 04:34 PM
I am surprised this is a topic on alot of sport shows nationally. I watched the game. I thought West was just being a punk, upset with Dirk and Dirk walked away. Its obvious Dirk did the right thing. To give West some credit all he did was touch him., Literally. With all the great games over the weekend this is a top 5-6 story. Give me a break..

Kobe had a similar moment yesterday when he got fouled hard on a breakaway and then Carter shoved him hard because of an inadverdant elbow when Kobe was getting up. Kobe didn't do anything, he slapped his hands but he didn't approach or say anything to Carter.

It's because of Dirk and the fact that his team blew a 2-0 Finals lead and were upset last year by GS. If that happens to anybody else, then nobody cares. If the Mavs had held onto the lead and won the game, it would be a non-issue, but they lost and so there has to be more significance attached to this than it merits.

endrity
04-21-2008, 04:44 PM
^It's because he is white, German, and not 'street'.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Kobe had a similar moment yesterday when he got fouled hard on a breakaway and then Carter shoved him hard because of an inadverdant elbow when Kobe was getting up. Kobe didn't do anything, he slapped his hands but he didn't approach or say anything to Carter.

Big difference between Kobe & Dirk.

Kobe has skins on the wall. He's got 3 rings. He's proven he's mentally tough. He's proven that he can't be rattled by shit like that. When Raja Bell or another other asshole tries to take him on, he doesn't have to do anything - he's still got scoreboard because he's Kobe Fuckin Bryant.

Dirk doesn't have that reputation, and frankly he's done nothing to deserve it. I love Dirk, I know he's physically tough, but he hasn't proven to anybody that he is mentally tough and that people can't rattle him.

Findog
04-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Big difference between Kobe & Dirk.

Kobe has skins on the wall. He's got 3 rings. He's proven he's mentally tough. He's proven that he can't be rattled by shit like that. When Raja Bell or another other asshole tries to take him on, he doesn't have to do anything - he's still got scoreboard because he's Kobe Fuckin Bryant.

Dirk doesn't have that reputation, and frankly he's done nothing to deserve it. I love Dirk, I know he's physically tough, but he hasn't proven to anybody that he is mentally tough and that people can't rattle him.

Oh, I completely understand why people view that incident the way they do, and the juxtaposition between Kobe and Dirk. I understand that because it's Dirk and his toughness has been called into question before, his critics will seize on anything as evidence to back that up. All I"m saying is that if Kobe had stood there and done the exact same thing, just stared at West, we'd be like "Uh oh, West is a dumbass, Kobe is going to drop 60 on his ass in G2."

I don't think there's anything wrong at all with how Dirk handled the situation. He's just in a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't spot.

Findog
04-21-2008, 06:45 PM
I also think that if the Mavs had won the game, not near as much would be made of that little incident. But just as it always is with the Mavs, Dirk is the scapegoat when they lose, no matter to which degree he bears blame.

GuerillaBlack
04-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Who are you, and what have you done with DazedandConfused? I'm actually starting to like you.

Actually, Anthony Peeler punched him in that Kings-Wolves series and KG walked away.

And D&C is actually not that bad anymore. He used to whine a lot and be considered SpursDynasty's twin.

Findog
04-21-2008, 08:10 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-32-90/Dirk-Nowitzki--David-West--and-Revenge.html

"I watched that whole thing," observes ESPN's David Thorpe. "If you watched their body language before and after the event, I don't think they even dislike each other. I don't think there was animosity. They are both hard-working, classy dudes. And I'm not even sure Dirk knew his elbow had hit David West. He looked more stunned than anything. I heard from some coaches who said 'Dirk's gotta punch that guy!' My view is so different."

I don't think Dirk knew what was going on. I don't think he was aware he'd hit David West. I think he was a little bit stunned by the reaction.

The smartest thing Dirk can do is nothing. If Dirk throws a punch, how do his teammates react? Does he break a finger?

And Dirk -- the player everyone has been trying to stop for years but hasn't been able to -- has to prove that he's a tough guy? Even if you buy into that, and I don't, with the referee standing right there is not the time. Never.

If you need some retaliation, you wait four or five plays and then set a hard screen, or initiate a tough drive.

But all that happened to Dirk, remember, was that some dude rubbed his face. The punishment has to fit the crime.

Also, isn't the goal to win the series? You don't do that by getting caught up like 16-year-olds in some stupid thing. I don't think the Lakers of the eighties were tougher than the Detroit Bad Boys, or Kevin McHale's Celtics. But they won five rings! If it was a battle royale, the Lakers would lose. But it's basketball, and they won.

And think about the current Lakers ... Anthony Carter put a little shove into Kobe, but Kobe doesn't punch him back! That's not the way to retaliate.

mFFL03
04-21-2008, 11:11 PM
"If dirk throws a punch....does he break a finger?"

are you fucking kidding me.......sad to see the white man get the bad rap in NBA......maybe that's why they are all going to hockey

dude1394
04-21-2008, 11:46 PM

Crap dude, there was 1:53 seconds left. You expect dirk to score 20 in 110 seconds? Sorta shows a lack of being able to pay attention I think.

monosylab1k
04-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Crap dude, there was 1:53 seconds left. You expect dirk to score 20 in 110 seconds? Sorta shows a lack of being able to pay attention I think.

I know exactly what the fuckin time on the clock was. But were you paying attention? They were down 11 at the time, and it wasn't a complete stretch to think that if Dirk went off right then that they had an outside shot at tying the game. He could have done something to at least put some fear into the Hornets for game 2. Instead he did nothing. Nothing in every way possible.

monosylab1k
04-22-2008, 08:17 AM
sad to see the white man get the bad rap in NBA

this is the most bullshit cop-out in Mavs fandom.

"If Dirk wasn't white...."

It doesn't have one fucking thing to do with Dirk being white. Anybody who was the leader of a team that choked in the Finals the way the Mavs did and then flamed out against GS the way the Mavs did will get this type of criticism, regardless of color.

Findog
04-22-2008, 09:42 AM
I know exactly what the fuckin time on the clock was. But were you paying attention? They were down 11 at the time, and it wasn't a complete stretch to think that if Dirk went off right then that they had an outside shot at tying the game. He could have done something to at least put some fear into the Hornets for game 2. Instead he did nothing. Nothing in every way possible.

C'mon mono. Sometimes I think you do schtick. Avery pulled his ass out of the game almost right after. I think it IS a stretch to think they could outscore the Horents by 11 in 2 minutes with a 24 second shot clock and Chris Paul doing whatever the fuck he wanted.

monosylab1k
04-22-2008, 09:44 AM
C'mon mono. Sometimes I think you do schtick. Avery pulled his ass out of the game almost right after. I think it IS a stretch to think they could outscore the Horents by 11 in 2 minutes with a 24 second shot clock and Chris Paul doing whatever the fuck he wanted.

Still, if he hits a couple 3's right away, puts a move on West, does something to say "you may have beaten us tonight but on Tuesday I am going to fuck you up" it would have looked a lot better for him.

monosylab1k
04-22-2008, 09:47 AM
either way, what's done is done, and Dirk has a chance to redeem himself tonight.

Plus, I really don't see how this team wins without him dropping 40 a night from here on out.

Findog
04-22-2008, 09:48 AM
either way, what's done is done, and Dirk has a chance to redeem himself tonight.

Plus, I really don't see how this team wins without him dropping 40 a night from here on out.

Will Avery be smart enough to put Kidd on Peja and Josh on Paul? I doubt it. If Josh's ankle is as bad as they say, it probably doesn't make a difference.

Elraptor
04-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Will Avery be smart enough to put Kidd on Peja and Josh on Paul? I doubt it. If Josh's ankle is as bad as they say, it probably doesn't make a difference.Ah Avery bugs me for so many reasons. He just does. :lol

monosylab1k
04-22-2008, 09:50 AM
The big thing is getting something out of Damp. Anything at all. How bout just box out Chandler and don't let him get nonstop tip-in dunks? I know we riff on Amare for it, but Tyson Chandler literally has ZERO offensive moves and does nothing but catch and dunk. Which is easily preventable if Damp will give a shit out there.

Findog
04-22-2008, 09:53 AM
The big thing is getting something out of Damp. Anything at all. How bout just box out Chandler and don't let him get nonstop tip-in dunks? I know we riff on Amare for it, but Tyson Chandler literally has ZERO offensive moves and does nothing but catch and dunk. Which is easily preventable if Damp will give a shit out there.

There's literally no reason at all that the series can't be like the first half. The Hornets shoot more jumpers than we do and get to the FT line even less, and you can at the very least attack Paul on defense...but in my heart of hearts I don't trust this team and fear it will be more like the second half. Losing is one thing, but completely coming unglued? They had a golden opportunity to get HCA and they completely fuckin' blew it.

Findog
04-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Ah Avery bugs me for so many reasons. He just does. :lol

You don't know the half of it from our perspective. Even dallasbasketball.com has turned on him. That's a good sign, since Cuban pays the server bills.

Elraptor
04-22-2008, 09:56 AM
You don't know the half of it from our perspective. Even dallasbasketball.com has turned on him. That's a good sign, since Cuban pays the server bills.http://www.fireavery.com/ lol did you see that blog? :lol

Just google "Fire Avery" wow just wow.