PDA

View Full Version : Monroe: Spurs notebook: O'Neal says he 'ain't changing nothing'

some_user86
04-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Spurs notebook: O'Neal says he 'ain't changing nothing'

Web Posted: 04/20/2008 11:07 PM CDT

Mike Monroe
Express-News

Suns center Shaquille O'Neal won't be adjusting his style of play in hopes of avoiding the early foul trouble that limited him to 30 minutes and 20 seconds in Saturday's double-overtime Game 1 of the Spurs-Suns Western Conference first-round series.

"I ain't changing nothing," O'Neal said Sunday morning. "I've got 700 days left (on his contract), and I ain't changing a (expletive) thing. Screw that. I got four (rings) doing it my way, and I'm going to continue doing it my way."

O'Neal was still angry Sunday that he had been called for three offensive fouls on what he said were "flops" by Spurs players. He praised the physical inside play of Spurs power forward Tim Duncan, then promised he would not resort to flopping in hopes of drawing fouls on the Spurs' star.

"He got a lot of points," O'Neal said, "but I was on the bench a lot yesterday. But he's going to do the same thing: Jump hook, fade, jump hook. He has all the moves on both blocks, but I've seen them before. And I'll be there. But I'm going to play him like a man, though. Not falling like I just got (expletive) shot. None of that bull. That's how you're supposed to play.

"That (flopping) is some bull. Then you all write like these (expletive) guys can play. Give me a (expletive) break."

Aches and pains: The medical report on Spurs point guard Tony Parker's sore head on Sunday: Nothing to report.

A team spokesman declared Parker was feeling fine by Sunday afternoon after he had complained of impaired vision and a pounding headache after he was accidentally struck near the left temple by Amare Stoudemire's knee as he dove for a loose ball on the first play of Saturday's game.

Despite his discomfort, Parker played 51 minutes, 28 seconds. He sported a visible lump on his head afterwards.

Meanwhile, Parker's Phoenix counterpart, Steve Nash, said he was feeling better after playing Saturday's game with flu-like symptoms. Having to play two overtime periods, he said, was not what the Suns' team doctors ordered.

"I was sick yesterday, so that was tough," Nash said. "But I feel pretty good today, and by Tuesday, I think I'll be all right."

Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said forward Grant Hill, battling a sore groin, reported feeling better Sunday after experiencing a lot of discomfort during Game 1.

[email protected]

LINK: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA042108.06D.BKNspurs.notebook.387ba9e.html

honestfool84
04-20-2008, 11:44 PM
shaq is such a (expletive) :D

gmanrulz
04-20-2008, 11:50 PM
let his fatass get in foul trouble again. Of course he isnt gonna change his style, the only way he can get to the basket is lowering those fat shoulders and elbowing people in the face.

BonnerDynasty
04-20-2008, 11:59 PM
wow. He just keeps talking.

Holt's Cat
04-21-2008, 12:01 AM
I've got 700 days left (on his contract)

ROFL. He's counting down the # of days until he can get out of Phoenix.

ludda
04-21-2008, 12:02 AM
LOL Spurs are inside Snaq's head. So much talk after game one.

easjer
04-21-2008, 12:03 AM
I hope he does. That would be about the best thing to happen, since it appears the Spurs are more likely to take advantage of the early foul trouble he'll bring on himself.

Shaolin-Style
04-21-2008, 12:03 AM
(expletive) Shaq.

BonnerDynasty
04-21-2008, 12:04 AM
"That (flopping) is some bull. Then you all write like these (expletive) guys can play. Give me a (expletive) break."

That's some shit though. I hope this turns Manu green.

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 12:05 AM
He "ain't changing nothing?" Does...does that mean that he's *going* to change?

Brutalis
04-21-2008, 12:07 AM
We are going to squeeze his balls tighter than his ex wife did.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-21-2008, 12:12 AM
A healthier Nash and Hill will be very scary for SA

Hopefully they can work on some things defensively for game 2

Xylus
04-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Hopefully Hill can recover from that groin injury soon enough to help us out in this series. Otherwise, I don't see us winning 4 times in 6 games.

m33p0
04-21-2008, 12:16 AM
then promised he would not resort to flopping in hopes of drawing fouls on the Spurs' star.
like he could sell that anyway.

Supergirl
04-21-2008, 12:17 AM
Gimme a break. Shaq got away with a hell of a lot more than he got.
Game 1 was one of the WORST officiated games I have seen in a long time, and credit to the Spurs for playing through it.

I nearly flew threw my TV set when Thomas and Parker were fouled out, each on BULLSHIT non-calls. Yet the Spurs have more class than Shaq, they play through it and move on.

makedamnsure
04-21-2008, 12:26 AM
so he's going to continue to get into foul trouble? works for us.

K-State Spur
04-21-2008, 12:33 AM
i don't know why anybody acts surprised on this. when you can't move your fatass on offense or defense, you're only option is to play THROUGH people. at that point, you have to hope that the refs let you do it - so you accuse the other team of flopping.

he's firing about the bullet that he has left.

BiZNicK
04-21-2008, 12:45 AM
lol Shaq sounds worse than the whining Suns fans we got here...

I have lost all respect for Shaq...what a (expletive x10)

Dave McNulla
04-21-2008, 01:14 AM
so shaq is going to keep missing free throws? shaq, i wouldn't ask you to change. i love you just the way you are.

Shaolin-Style
04-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Oh yeah...And lets hope Nash gets to feeling better.

Dude played out of his mind being sick, I don't suppose he'll do the same healthy.

caŽlo
04-21-2008, 01:55 AM
sad to see shaq resorting to that kind of stuff... all bark no bite.

he's shaq and has proven a lot of things.

he can just shut the (expletive) up and prove his thing on the court.

spursfan09
04-21-2008, 03:08 AM
I can't believe people actually understand Shaq. All i here is "mumble mumble mumble, the diesel, mumble, mumble, Shaq"

Supreme_Being
04-21-2008, 03:34 AM
Good for us, then.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-21-2008, 06:00 AM
Shaq should just STFU and play like Tim does. Tim may whine a bit on the court, but you NEVER see him complain afterwards, no matter what the result. Tim has integrity... Shaq just has a big mouth.

florige
04-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Shaq is just saying that so the refs can take note. Expect the refs to start calling alot more blocking fouls on us verses charging fouls on Shaq in game 2. I know Shaq likes to talk alot of BS, but at the same time he knows what he's doing too.

SAGambler
04-21-2008, 08:00 AM
Shaq has gotten away with those fouls for years. Now, because he has became so slow and plodding, they are calling them the way they should have been called forever. Shaq can't believe the refs are "disrespecting" him that way. "Bawaaaaa. I'm Shaq. That's the only way I can score. That's the only way I could ever score. Why won't you guys let me play my game. Shoving everyone out of the way so I have a clear path to the goal."

Did Shaq take some whining lessons from Kobe? Seems that way.

Hey Shaq.. Timmy put up 40 on your fat ass. Get over it.

PerforatedNeckline
04-21-2008, 08:09 AM
shaq's just cranky because he was well inside the restricted area when he tried to take a charge from duncan during the first half, failed miserably as a result, and got called out by JVG on national TV for not actually trying to challenge the shot.

ancestron
04-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Shaq mouthing off to the media after a big loss? I'm shocked!

romsho
04-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Nice try, Shaq. Flopping happens, but when seven feet and 350 pounds tries to go right through you, you are going down- no flop necessary. Simple physics, jackass. Mix in a few post moves.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-21-2008, 09:28 AM

After this comment I know he's going to get owned tomorrow. They are going to make him pay for that.

Budkin
04-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Shaq is a fat lazy turd these days - but he's still a prick. Sorry Shaq. Timmy owns you.

florige
04-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Shaq is a fat lazy turd these days - but he's still a prick. Sorry Shaq. Timmy owns you.

I hate to say it, but that fat lazy turd played helluva good defense on Timmy down the stretch. That right there is enough to have me concerned if Shaq is able to stay out of foul trouble.

Jimcs50
04-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Everything Shaq says is tongue in cheek...you can not take him seriously. He is trying to set up the officiating for game 2, and that is all he is doing.....chill out.

Solid D
04-21-2008, 10:00 AM
If Shaq doesn't change where he sets up in the lane, he will get called for a blocking foul. He has been setting up too deep and inside the inner circle and could have been called for a lot more than he was on Saturday.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-21-2008, 10:02 AM
I hope this bitching and crying about the refs backfires

*watches Manu take 15+ FT*

Cry Havoc
04-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Aches and pains: The medical report on Spurs point guard Tony Parker's sore head on Sunday: Nothing to report.

A team spokesman declared Parker was feeling fine by Sunday afternoon after he had complained of impaired vision and a pounding headache after he was accidentally struck near the left temple by Amare Stoudemire's knee as he dove for a loose ball on the first play of Saturday's game.

Thanks, Eva. :eyebrows

mbass
04-21-2008, 10:10 AM
let his fatass get in foul trouble again. Of course he isnt gonna change his style, the only way he can get to the basket is lowering those fat shoulders and elbowing people in the face.

Can you imagine if Shaq flopped - he would destroy the court.

dbreiden83080
04-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Standard operating procedure for Shaq when his team loses and he plays like shit.

A) Blame everything on everyone else

B) Take no accountibility whatsoever for his own poor play

C) Talk lots of shit

Has been that way his whole career non-stop. In the 2004 finals when the Pistons were just whipping up on them, every post-game press conference he sat there and gave the Pistons no credit for anything. Just bitched about the refs over and over again taking ZERO blame for anything that was going wrong. The man has no class as a competitor in my view and he never will.

carina_gino20
04-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Manu: What does 'expletive' mean? And why do they keep on putting them in these brackets?

Tim: Let me put it this way. When Fin hit the three, and I hit the three, and you hit the gamewinner, I think we (expletive) them three times over.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Tim has integrity... Shaq just has a big mouth.

I have to disagree with you on that one, Ruff. Shaq has a big head, a big ass, a big ego... the list goes on and on.

Shaq keeps playing like the tub of shit that he is and it won't be a matter of things not changing from game to game, but from year to year for that sorry bitch.

Cry Havoc
04-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Manu: What does 'expletive' mean? And why do they keep on putting them in these brackets?

Tim: Let me put it this way. When Fin hit the three, and I hit the three, and you hit the gamewinner, I think we (expletive) them three times over.

:lmao

Sig worthy.