PDA

View Full Version : Suns fan here...Read before you post

statman32
04-21-2008, 01:54 AM
I'm a Suns fan that posts on Insidehoops and as of a couple weeks ago, arizonasportsfan. :wow

I'm not here to get into silly arguments with anyone but I'm all for discussing the game and the players. It seems to me that a lot of Suns fans that come on here just troll and bitch about EVERYTHING. I'm used to this. Most of them just jumped on the bandwagon when the Suns re-acquired Nash anyways. He can do no wrong in there eyes.

I was upset about the suspensions just liek any true fan would have been, but I had to move on. It sucked but oh well. As you know, you guys pretty much own us in the playoffs. Lets hope that changes this year.:madrun

But anyways I came on here so Spurs fans dont think that every Suns fans is as whiny as the ones that come on here and the ones over on the Suns board.

Something that have pissed me of lurking on this board as of late.

The constant hating of Amare Stoudemire. He might say some stuff that pisses you off, but even you guys have to acknowledge greatness when you see it. In 02-03/04-05/06-07 he has went toe 2 toe with the greatest power forward of all time. At least give him credit for that.

Another thing that pissing me of is the constant insults about his intelligence. He might not have went to high school but this is a guy who suffered through a TOUGH childhood. Even after he got into the league, his brother shot someone and his mom has been in and out of jail. Throughout all this he has been taking classes at ASU and working on his game so that one day he can maybe beat Duncan and the Spurs. Lets not forget that he overcame microfracture surgery even though almost everyone thought he was done. If that doesnt take mental strength I dont know what to tell you.

Now I will move onto the Spurs. I used to hattttee Duncan but I have grown to respect the man. Dude steps it up on both ends when his team needs it. One of the greatest players I have ever seen.

There is no denying that the Spurs are one of the best run franchises in sports. I might not like Manu because of his flops(Yes Raja flops too) :lol but I will acknowledge that he is one of the clutchest players in the NBA today.

So lets hope this lives up to the hype of one of the greatest 1st round matchups anyways and please try to refrain from stopping down to the level of some Suns fans.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-21-2008, 01:56 AM
:tu

SAtown
04-21-2008, 02:02 AM
The constant hating of Amare Stoudemire. He might say some stuff that pisses you off, but even you guys have to acknowledge greatness when you see it. In 02-03/04-05/06-07 he has went toe 2 toe with the greatest power forward of all time. At least give him credit for that.

Another thing that pissing me of is the constant insults about his intelligence. He might not have went to high school but this is a guy who suffered through a TOUGH childhood. Even after he got into the league, his brother shot someone and his mom has been in and out of jail. Throughout all this he has been taking classes at ASU and working on his game so that one day he can maybe beat Duncan and the Spurs. Lets not forget that he overcame microfracture surgery even though almost everyone thought he was done. If that doesnt take mental strength I dont know what to tell you.

First of all, Welcome.

Secondly, please spare us the history of "Stat." People might question his actions and intelligence, but they have the right to. We are people also. Some people here have had it harder, and without the Tens of Millions of dollars. Also, I'm sure people really don't aim to insult him as a person, but just how he comes off as a player. The shit he says and has complained about gets really annoying after a while.

Now I will move onto the Spurs. I used to hattttee Duncan but I have grown to respect the man.

Hilarious. Here you are talking about our alleged "hate" for Amare but you say you used to "hate" Duncan. You never "hated" him, you just disliked him because he was better than any player your team has ever seen. You probably don't know his history; what he's been through, the shit he's faced throughout his career, etc... The fact that you come in here and try to lecture people is a little hypocritical and pathetic, don't you think?

statman32
04-21-2008, 02:10 AM
First of all, Welcome.

Secondly, please spare us the history of "Stat." People might question his actions and intelligence, but they have the right to. We are people also. Some people here have had it harder, and without the Tens of Millions of dollars. Also, I'm sure people really don't aim to insult him as a person, but just how he comes off as a player. The shit he says and has complained about gets really annoying after a while.

It has nothing to do with you guys questioning what he says and everything to do with silly insults that you guys throw out. Lets not forget that hes only 25. Yesterday there was a quote about him not agreeing with Shaq and saying that the refs were fair. If that doesnt show someone maturing from one year to the next, I dont know what does.

Hilarious. Here you are talking about our alleged "hate" for Amare but you say you used to "hate" Duncan. You never "hated" him, you just disliked him because he was better than any player your team has ever seen. You probably don't know his history; what he's been through, the shit he's faced throughout his career, etc... The fact that you come in here and try to lecture people is a little hypocritical and pathetic, don't you think?

No I actually hated him, but I was also alot younger and not very mature. I didnt understand the game fully at that point. That was the past, the insults thrown at Amare are the present. SO no I'm not being hypocritical. I do find it funny that you thought I was trying to lecture you guys. I was giving you background info, if you want to do the same with Duncan thats fine. I wouldnt consider that to be lecturing and like I said I respect Duncan as a player immensely now.

SAtown
04-21-2008, 02:17 AM
It has nothing to do with you guys questioning what he says and everything to do with silly insults that you guys throw out. Lets not forget that hes only 25. Yesterday there was a quote about him not agreeing with Shaq and saying that the refs were fair. If that doesnt show someone maturing from one year to the next, I dont know what does.

It's obvious what you're trying to say/do, and it's cool. You, as a Suns fan, aren't responsible for stuff that's done or said by the team, just like I myself didn't "hipcheck" Nash or suspend your players. But what you're trying to do is almost as ridiculous as me signing up to PHXSUNS.NET and telling them to stop making fun of Manu's nose, or to stop saying that Duncan walks like a gorilla, or any of the other "clever" shit they say.

If you stick around for a little while, you'll see past the FEW posters that resort to personal insult, and you'll see that most posters actually talk ball.

2centsworth
04-21-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm a fan of Amare. He's got mad game and he seems to be pretty cool and stays out of trouble. He doesn't say the smartest of things, but he is only 25 and doesn't seem to have much guidence.

This series should be epic.

btw, most suns fans are whiney just like the coach.

statman32
04-21-2008, 02:19 AM
It's obvious what you're trying to say/do, and it's cool. You, as a Suns fan, aren't responsible for stuff that's done or said by the team, just like I myself didn't "hipcheck" Nash or suspend your players. But what you're trying to do is almost as ridiculous as me signing up to PHXSUNS.NET and telling them to stop making fun of Manu's nose, or to stop saying that Duncan walks like a gorilla, or any of the other "clever" shit they say.

If you stick around for a little while, you'll see past the FEW posters that resort to personal insult, and you'll see that most posters actually talk ball.

Sounds good. :toast

SAtown
04-21-2008, 02:26 AM
And never, I mean never go on the enemies site and disrespect your fellow fans. I see why your team succs. Winning isnt that important to you Suns

Wait, what are you doing here again? :lmao

jmard5
04-21-2008, 02:27 AM
Nice post. Welcome.

freemeat
04-21-2008, 02:29 AM
I'm sure that Stoudemire had a really tough childhood and all that and he did show some toughness in coming back from that surgery...but that doesn't mean he's not an idiot.

He's a really good player, but he will be far from great until he learns how to play defense against players like Tim Duncan. And for that matter, Stoudemire will be in the NBA long after Duncan has retired, so he'll have to face guys like Dwight Howard and whomever else might come along...but he has to learn to move his feet -- almost as if it's instinctual -- on defense.

He has the potential to be great, but with D'Antoni as a coach (who doesn't know anything about defense) and a front-office bailing out his defense as a player by paying $60 Mil to Shaq to cover him!?!? Not gonna happen...

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I'd much, much rather see him progress in a place like Salt Lake City under Sloan. A guy like Stoudemire could use a coach like Sloan.

spursfan09
04-21-2008, 02:59 AM
Sorry to hear Amare had it tough. So did Tim....Did you know his mom died of cancer when he was like 14 years old. He was a swimmer originally, but a hurricane pretty much wiped out his life when it destroyed the pool on the island. Turned him to basketball so it worked out. His father died right before the playoffs in 2002. He could of missed it, but played that game. It was interesting to learn about Amare, now you can learn about Timmy... :)

SAtown
04-21-2008, 03:03 AM
A lot of people here (including myself) respect Nash immensely, but you can also have a good laugh about it. :D http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35951

DespЏrado
04-21-2008, 03:12 AM
Seriously Amare makes decisions on a regular basis that are dumb as dirt. He may not be literally dumb but he sure acts the part, so much so that Arizona's own fan site has a huge thread questioning the nick name Duhmare.

Let's look back shall we, and look at his history with the Spurs:

Push ups before free throw attempts in a clutch situation?
Personally campaigning to be the league MVP?
Not staying near the bench during an altercation?
Comments to the media calling the Spurs dirty?

Those are just off the top of my head...and they don't even include how he always makes the worst decisions whenever the game is on the line. I mean come on driving right at a set Kurt Thomas? That was dumb even if you have zero fouls.

statman32
04-21-2008, 03:15 AM
Sorry to hear Amare had it tough. So did Tim....Did you know his mom died of cancer when he was like 14 years old. He was a swimmer originally, but a hurricane pretty much wiped out his life when it destroyed the pool on the island. Turned him to basketball so it worked out. His father died right before the playoffs in 2002. He could of missed it, but played that game. It was interesting to learn about Amare, now you can learn about Timmy... :)
Interesting. Even more reason to respect him and how he got to where he is.

gmanrulz
04-21-2008, 03:16 AM
shaq lately has said way more stupid things than amare and has acted far worse. I hate that arrogant fatass

Supreme_Being
04-21-2008, 03:18 AM
Interesting post, to say the least.

spursfan09
04-21-2008, 03:22 AM
Interesting. Even more reason to respect him and how he got to where he is.

I don't even hate Amare. I think he actually showed alot of maturity when he disagreed with Shaq about the flopping and so on.

gmanrulz
04-21-2008, 03:23 AM
I don't even hate Amare. I think he actually showed alot of maturity when he disagreed with Shaq about the flopping and so on.

whatd amare say?

yourtehclay
04-21-2008, 03:25 AM
Do they call Amare 'Stat' because he's only worried about stats....count that.

Seriously the dude's a dream boat and all the Suns fans should be very much in love, but come on now....the dude is dumber that a sack of rocks.

SAtown
04-21-2008, 03:25 AM
whatd amare say?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92514

gmanrulz
04-21-2008, 03:29 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92514

thanks...wow

Ginofan
04-21-2008, 06:49 AM
He may have had a tough life growing up, but that no excuse to act like a complete jackass.

Xolotl
04-21-2008, 08:04 AM
that was a good post, welcome....personally I have no problem with Amare, he's a great player there's no denying that. I'm just not a fan of what today's NBA seems to become, there's no much self promotion IMO. Which is something I love about Duncan he'll cut your heart out just like in that 3 point shot, give a fist pump and run down to the other end of the court and D up....Imagine if Kobe makes a shot like that, he'd be running all the way back shaking is head talking shit while the other team runs by him...well maybe not but you get my point

Demo Dick Marcinko
04-21-2008, 08:34 AM
No problem here with the messenger, just the message. Kinda sounds like you're trying to lecture us. Remember this a very liberal Spurs fan board so you're going to get everything and everyone from a janitor (no offense to janitors) to NASA scientists and everything in between. One thing for sure is that one has to have thick skin, because like all families we sometimes fight amongst ourselves. Appreciate what you're trying to do, so welcome statman and here's to a good series, though I hope the Spurs win.:toast:toast

btw, I''ve personal always admired Amare, but fat boi on the other hand is dumber then a bag of rocks.

He is universally despised in San Antonio, from the time he showed contempt for David Robinson. Yes the Admiral of all people to recently when he dissed Timmy.
About 4-5 years ago, being that he's from San Antonio and went to school at Cole High School, the Lakers were in town to play the Spurs and he gave a free dance in Live Oak, Tx and no one, I mean absolutely no one showed up. That killed.

ancestron
04-21-2008, 08:45 AM
die.

O-Factor
04-21-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm a Suns fan that posts on Insidehoops and as of a couple weeks ago, arizonasportsfan. :wow

I'm not here to get into silly arguments with anyone but I'm all for discussing the game and the players. It seems to me that a lot of Suns fans that come on here just troll and bitch about EVERYTHING. I'm used to this. Most of them just jumped on the bandwagon when the Suns re-acquired Nash anyways. He can do no wrong in there eyes.

I was upset about the suspensions just liek any true fan would have been, but I had to move on. It sucked but oh well. As you know, you guys pretty much own us in the playoffs. Lets hope that changes this year.:madrun

But anyways I came on here so Spurs fans dont think that every Suns fans is as whiny as the ones that come on here and the ones over on the Suns board.

Great post so far. You seem like a true fan of your team.

We are conditioned to hating Amare. Dude has talent and skill, but he benefits greatly from playing with Steve Nash, who spoon feeds him much of his points. He also benefits greatly from playing with Shaq, as his stats soared. He also plays extreamly poor defense. Im sorry he is far from great........What is he going to do when he has to carry a team on his own like Duncan? I don't think he can do it.

We are very well aware of his childhood. He still doesn't get a free pass from me.

Now I will move onto the Spurs. I used to hattttee Duncan but I have grown to respect the man. Dude steps it up on both ends when his team needs it. One of the greatest players I have ever seen.

Why did you use to hate Duncan? The guy has been a constant profesional since the day he entered the league.

There is no denying that the Spurs are one of the best run franchises in sports. I might not like Manu because of his flops(Yes Raja flops too) :lol but I will acknowledge that he is one of the clutchest players in the NBA today.

Don't forget Steve Nash here. You are kidding yourself if you mention flopping and don't bring Nash's name up.

So lets hope this lives up to the hype of one of the greatest 1st round matchups anyways and please try to refrain from stopping down to the level of some Suns fans.

All being said, I hope to see you post more.
:flag:

DazedAndConfused
04-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Seriously this is the motherfucking playoffs. There are no niceties allowed. Don't be a fucking punk ass little bitch Suns fan.

Elraptor
04-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Glad we have someone that likes the suns here on this forum that isn't a total bitch.

Welcome to SpursTalk :D

CubanMustGo
04-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Seriously this is the motherfucking playoffs. There are no niceties allowed. Don't be a fucking punk ass little bitch Suns fan.

Says punk ass little bitch Laker fan. :lmao

Sec24Row7
04-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I'll give the Suns and Amare credit for all kinds of things that they deserve it for...

Amazing basketball skills, athletic ability, improved jumpshooting, clutch play (not amare)...

Intelligence isn't one of those things. I don't care if his mother's brother's dog died in front of him when he was 3... Stupidity is not a product of environment.

The kid has LOW basketball IQ, and that fact has cost you BIG TIME in the playoffs.

The reason you are a threat is because Nash is so extremely intelligent on the court and uses the idiot that can cut to the basket and dunk better than anyone else in the league could.

Amare is a Nash puppet. When Nash is gone... you'll appreciate that.

statman32
04-21-2008, 09:35 PM

:lol

Its called being civil and giving credit where credit is due.

statman32
04-21-2008, 09:38 PM
The reason you are a threat is because Nash is so extremely intelligent on the court and uses the idiot that can cut to the basket and dunk better than anyone else in the league could.

Amare is a Nash puppet. When Nash is gone... you'll appreciate that.

Spurs fans of all people should know that Amare was a force before Nash got to Phoenix. Somehow a guy that put up 25/10 in the 2nd half of the 03-04 season with a rookie Barbosa as the starting point guard is a puppet. :sleep

Of course having Nash there helps Amare in his efficency but he would still be one of the top players in the NBA without him.

SequSpur
04-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Wgaf. Fts.

statman32
04-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Wgaf. Fts.

I have no clue what you just said. First Skrullz now this :lol

midgetonadonkey
04-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Fuck you. Amare is a retard. Nash is a fucking pussy Canadian and all the Suns are pussies.

statman32
04-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Fuck you. Amare is a retard. Nash is a fucking pussy Canadian and all the Suns are pussies.

How the hell have they allowed you to have 20000 posts here?

Trainwreck2100
04-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Midge is drunk again

MaNuMaNiAc
04-22-2008, 12:58 AM

What the hell does his rough childhood have to do with him being dumb as brick?? If having the strength to persevere through harsh times like that microfracture surgery shows anything, its strength of character, not intelligence, and his actions have pretty much dismissed that possibility...

by the way, welcome to the board.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-22-2008, 01:03 AM
How the hell have they allowed you to have 20000 posts here?

because over here we're not ban-happy idiots like arizonasportsfan forum posters. As a result of this, we have an assortment of jackasses that abuse the leniency of this board. This is unfortunate, but quite more acceptable than the alternative. (See ASFN (http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7))

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Who cares about Amare's personal background. The guy's athletically gifted and skilled through the roof, but it's just sports smack.

I doubt Amare is crying, "They just don't understand me and the life I've been through!! " on account of opposing fans calling him a 'retard'.

MaNuMaNiAc
04-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Who cares about Amare's personal background. The guy's athletically gifted and skilled through the roof, but it's just sports smack.

I doubt Amare is crying, "They just don't understand me and the life I've been through!! " on account of opposing fans calling him a 'retard'.

Probably not smart enough to realize he's being dissed...

GSH
04-22-2008, 01:31 AM
I can give you 3 quick reasons why there is no love lost for Amare:

1. First of all, he nicknamed himself STAT. You have to be a bit of a tool to nickname yourself at all. (Too much like the dumbass character from Bull Durham who nicknamed himself "Nuke".) But then to give yourself a nickname that is short for "Standing Tall And Talented"? Sorry, but that alone is enough to earn him the Tool Of The Year Award.
2. We all remember a few seasons ago when he dunked on Tim and then dropped to the court and did push-ups. If you're gonna disrespect the best PF in history like that, you better be good enough to back it up with a trophy. STAT wasn't. He was first and second in the balloting for Tool Of The Year that season.
3. In Game 1, he got called for a much-deserved foul, and as he was running up the court he threw himself to the floor as if he had been hit by a truck, to demonstrate the "flop" that had gotten him the whistle. (Too reminiscent of the push-up disrespect mentioned above.) His comments about the good officiating after the game were pathetic, after seeing him roll around on the court during the game. It's hard to Stand Tall And Talented when you're rolling on the court like a loser. He's obviously the front-runner for Tool Of The Year this season, too.

You can't blame it all on Amare, though. He's just about as smart and mature as my 12-year-old son. So you would have to expect him to be impressionable. If Amare had been on a team with a good role model, he might have turned out differently. Instead, he's had that drama-queen D'Antoni giving him pointers. They say a child learns what he lives. And Amare has lived around a guy who does and says dumb-shit, and focuses on the wrong things in crunch time.

ATRAIN
04-22-2008, 11:08 AM

Something that have pissed me of lurking on this board as of late.

Welcome