PDA

View Full Version : Big Fans of Post Season Play....Boston Herald

howbouthemspurs
04-21-2008, 03:13 AM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1088586&srvc=rss

By Steve Bulpett

They are adults. They are old enough to vote. Yet all it took was Game 1 of the San Antonio-Phoenix first-round playoff series to turn the Celtics [team stats] into giddy children.

The Celts’ playoff run began last night with a 104-81 pasting of the Atlanta Hawks, but as Saturday afternoon rolled into early Saturday evening, the Spurs’ 117-115 double-overtime victory had them in the mood early.

“I felt like a little kid, like when I was 12 or 13 watching the playoffs,” Leon Powe said. “I love basketball, and a game like that tells you why. I can’t turn it off. I was glued to the TV with the TV turned up. I think that was an instant classic right there. I think it’s going to be a classic series. You’ve just got to love that. If you don’t love that, I don’t know if you’re a basketball player or a basketball fan.”

Watching the Spurs come back at the end of regulation and the first OT, and then seeing Manu Ginobili’s drive to win it in the second extra period, was inspirational.

“You’ve got to (love that),” Kendrick Perkins [stats] said. “I mean, I’m a fan of the game. I’m not going to lie to you; I’m a fan of the game. I just play in the league. The nights I’m not playing, I’m sitting home watching other games and getting excited.

“I’m not really cheering for nobody, but just the competitiveness is getting me pumped up. That was crazy, but that’s a playoff game. That’s two good teams playing the playoffs that really want it.”

Ray Allen thinks it’s a bit of a shame that Phoenix didn’t win.

“It was unfortunate that the Suns lost it, because they had it in control,” he said. “It’s a lesson to everybody that it’s not over with until the game’s over with. You know, guys make big shots.”

And those shots were thoroughly entertaining, even to the guys who do this for a living. Even for a 15-year veteran.

“I enjoyed every second of it,” P.J. Brown said. “I was a fan before I came into the league, and I always will be when I’m long gone. It just shows what the league has been about the whole year. It’s been an exciting year, and I thought that game showed that.

“It was just a pleasure to see something like that in the first round. Usually you don’t get a first-round matchup like that. That’s a Western Conference championship matchup, man - or an NBA championship matchup. And that’s in the first round. You’re like, ‘Wow.’ And you’re probably going to see that five or six more times. I’m going to be glued to the television like everybody else.”

[email protected]

Ray Allen still hating on the Spurs

DespЏrado
04-21-2008, 03:16 AM
One can only hope they remain star struck while we clobber them in the finals.

Hey a man can dream can't he?

ShoogarBear
04-21-2008, 03:21 AM
F you, Ray Allen. It's going to be a shame when you don't win it, too. Again.

spursfan09
04-21-2008, 03:27 AM
:lol Ray. You should want to knock out the champs yourself...Probably just don't want to see Bowen.

Princess Pimp
04-21-2008, 03:37 AM
And all of this thanks to the entertaining Suns, not the Spurs.

DespЏrado
04-21-2008, 03:38 AM

You're not even trying on that one 0/10 on the troll scale.

spursfan09
04-21-2008, 03:53 AM

Yeah its all about the excitement i agree! Screw the win!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-21-2008, 05:48 AM

You are such a COMPLETE TOOL.

Let's see... the big shots all came from the Spurs. The grit to come back from 16 down came from the Spurs. And the Spurs outscored the Suns 117-115. Why don't you just fuck off?

timvp
04-21-2008, 06:02 AM
Dear Everything Holy,

Please do not let the Boston Celtics win the championship.

Thank You.

CubanMustGo
04-21-2008, 06:15 AM
Is anyone surprised that a crybaby like Ray-Ray wanted to see Phoenix win?

jmard5
04-21-2008, 06:44 AM
Or maybe Allen is just telling it as it is. Suns were indeed in control most of the ball game.

1Parker1
04-21-2008, 07:45 AM
Dear Everything Holy,

Please do not let the Boston Celtics win the championship.

Thank You.

:lol i'd rather anyone but them

DDS4
04-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Wouldn't it be cool if the Patriots AND the Celtics end up NOT winning a championship?

Suck it Boston.

Jimcs50
04-21-2008, 12:06 PM
:lol i'd rather anyone but them

Oh hell no. I will be rooting for Boston over the Lakers with every ounce of my soul.

How can anyone not root for Doc and root for Phil Jackson??????

ShoogarBear
04-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Oh hell no. I will be rooting for Boston over the Lakers with every ounce of my soul.

How can anyone not root for Doc and root for Phil Jackson??????

Sorry, I will flashback to my college years and remember who is sitting in the stands in Boston.

Obstructed_View
04-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Gotta love Ray rooting against having to see Bowen in the finals.

Xylus
04-21-2008, 01:04 PM
So Ray Allen likes the Suns more than the Spurs...

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bfd2.gif

Thanks Maddox.

spursfan09
04-21-2008, 01:06 PM
So Ray Allen likes the Suns more than the Spurs...

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bfd2.gif

Thanks Maddox.

It's a big deal because it shows how scared he is of Bowen. :toast

Xylus
04-21-2008, 01:06 PM
It's a big deal because it shows how scared he is of Bowen. :toast
Or he'd rather not get kicked in the back.

spursfan09
04-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Or he'd rather not get kicked in the back.

oh thats right Bowen has the Suns fans scared to, i forgot who I was talking to.

Xylus
04-21-2008, 01:15 PM
oh thats right Bowen has the Suns fans scared to, i forgot who I was talking to.

You're right, he was such a huge factor in Game 1. I mean, the Suns might have won if Bowen hadn't played so many minutes...

The Suns are one of the only teams where Bowen isn't a big factor. This is our order of worries:

Duncan > Manu > Parker > Barry > Finley > Oberto > Longoria > Coyote > Bowen

spursfan09
04-21-2008, 01:23 PM
:lol

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 02:31 PM

Fail/10

nkdlunch
04-21-2008, 03:14 PM
why does ray allen always ends up looking like a pussy on every article?