PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield Tomorrow!

TwAnKiEs
04-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Any like\dislike the movie? I liked it and plan on getting it tomorrow. :toast

NASpurs
04-21-2008, 11:53 AM
I liked it but not enough to warrant a purchase.

Besides I think it's one of those movies better watched in the theaters.

florige
04-21-2008, 12:01 PM
I might get it. I really wanted to see it, but I couldn't get through it in the theaters without feeling motion sickness. Maybe watching it on a smaller screen will dull the effects some.

Shelly
04-21-2008, 12:21 PM
I couldn't watch it. I can't stand watching movies that are filmed with handheld cameras. Crank was another one that I couldn't watch because of that.

florige
04-21-2008, 12:23 PM
I couldn't watch it. I can't stand watching movies that are filmed with handheld cameras. Crank was another one that I couldn't watch because of that.

I couldn;t stand Crank because of the jerkoff Jason Stantham.

Shelly
04-21-2008, 12:29 PM
I couldn;t stand Crank because of the jerkoff Jason Stantham.

Ahh...I loved him in Snatch

Borosai
04-21-2008, 12:57 PM
The only semi-positive things about Cloverfield were the special effects--that's all.

Avitus1
04-21-2008, 01:32 PM
I think I would of enjoyed it more if there was less hype.

MannyIsGod
04-21-2008, 02:00 PM
It was entertaining. I downloaded it a while back and I've watched it a couple of times. I enjoyed the premise.

GinobiliLooms
04-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Cloverfield is definitely one to experience in the theater. It wont hit nearly as hard on DVD. I think it would have been a more successful movie overall if they just didn't tell you ANYTHING about it beforehand. Its definitely more appreciable just going into it blind.

All in all I thought it was a great movie. Awesome effects, good story, good characters, using the camcorder was a great idea. big budget movie without a big budget movie feel. It worked for me.

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 03:08 PM
I was sad that it wasn't Cthulhu.

GinobiliLooms
04-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Maybe it is....
we still don't know jack about what the monster was or where it came from.

I am going with the "Tagruato corporation's genetic experiment gone horribly wrong" theory.

Sonia_TX
04-21-2008, 03:22 PM
I loved it and will probably get the DVD tmw or this weekend.

Sense
04-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I liked this movie... everything I expected from it... can't wait for the "sequel"

S_A_Longhorn
04-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Why no BluRay release???

Heath Ledger
04-21-2008, 05:06 PM
why put hi 8 footage on Blu Ray it would make zero sense.

TwAnKiEs
04-21-2008, 05:20 PM
On Heath's reply: I agree, I think the movie would look shitty on BluRay. I cannot wait for the sequel. I read it is going to take place out in LA.. Or maybe its just Shaq visiting....:p:

Nbadan
04-21-2008, 10:04 PM
I am so there...Cloverfield and then the Spurs tomorrow night...

:toast

MannyIsGod
04-22-2008, 02:29 AM
Those of you who get the DVD should pay close attention to the scene where they're in the ferris wheel at the very end.

Barbarian
04-22-2008, 03:10 AM
Those of you who get the DVD should pay close attention to the scene where they're in the ferris wheel at the very end.

Thats probably the biggest reason i'll buy it. I missed it at the theater and heard about it afterwards.

ancestron
04-22-2008, 09:21 AM
I've seen this movie about 5 times already and always watch very closely at the ferris wheel scene at the end and I don't see shit. I see what possibly could be a big splash on the right side, but it happens so fast, and it doesnt look out of the ordinary at all, like it could be a speed boat or something. I dont see anything fall out of the sky like others have said. Is this what everyone says is the big secret at the end of the movie? A distant could-be splash?

TwAnKiEs
04-22-2008, 10:26 AM
I've seen this movie about 5 times already and always watch very closely at the ferris wheel scene at the end and I don't see shit. I see what possibly could be a big splash on the right side, but it happens so fast, and it doesnt look out of the ordinary at all, like it could be a speed boat or something. I dont see anything fall out of the sky like others have said. Is this what everyone says is the big secret at the end of the movie? A distant could-be splash?

Its there. Theres a big boat the a smaller one to the left of it. Something falls ans hit the water above the smaller of the 2 just b4 he pans away. The splash is right at the horizon and you can see a black spec falling. I missed it in the theater but if you tried to see is on a website that isnt dvd ripped, then you wont see it

TwAnKiEs
04-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Thought it was funny that a monster tearing up a city is released on Earth Day. :toast: