PDA

View Full Version : Thompson twins on 1250 right now

Jimmy Bobby
04-21-2008, 03:30 PM
They sound mediocre, I've switched back over to Sports Talk San Antonio with Mike Taylor on Ticket 760. Join me there.

In plane site
04-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I only hear Jason I don't think the other brother ever gets to finish a sentence. It's back to the ticket for me also. At least they read emails.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Did they play Hold Me Now?

peewee's lovechild
04-21-2008, 03:46 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Beat me to it.

TheSuckUp
04-21-2008, 03:47 PM
I've missed the Thompson Brothers and while I know there are some, maybe even many who don't like their show, they can kiss my ESPN radio lovin' ass because this 1250 is about ready to blow. The Duel is in the game and is just starting to get head in the game. Now they've got the 3 hours they so rightly deserved. Paul A. is a class act who tells it like it is. Mike and Mike are refreshing in the morning and a great way to start the day.
Even Dawn's Track Smack is a great hit and I'm not even a NASCAR fan but when you hear about NASAR with a hot, sexy voice it just attracts you.
Yeah, 1250 is the place to be and well, I just can't say enough about the crew over at The Zone and I'm sure the rest of SA will be soon to follow.

PeterBurns
04-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Hey, I want to listen. What's the website again?
Can't find it.....

leemajors
04-21-2008, 03:56 PM

doctor! doctor!

Tonto
04-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Can't find it.....

paleface make tonto raff out loud

Duncan
04-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Can't find it.....

Holy shit you went for the juggler vein right off the bat! :lmao

you forgot the (harmless ribbing)

IceColdBrewski
04-21-2008, 04:30 PM
paleface make tonto raff out loud

Tonto part chinese?

S_A_Longhorn
04-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanx! i'd been listening to Sports Talk Dallas hoping that the Thompson Bros would be coming back soon. Thanx for no announcement, Duel!!!

Can't find it.....

Of course, you could try the radio...you know...the actual device RADIO shows are broadcast on.

T Park
04-21-2008, 04:38 PM
. Thanx for no announcement, Duel!!

Did you read the "Big announcement from ESPN 1250" thread? :lol

FromWayDowntown
04-21-2008, 04:41 PM
I generally like the enthusiasm of the Thompson brothers, but I think: (1) their knowledge is sometimes lacking (there was a night during Game Night React a few years ago that they repeatedly referred to someone like Steve Blake as Dan Dickau, even after being told specifically that Dickau played for another team; that's one "for instance"); and (2) they seem to have little concept of the notion that talking over each other or their guests or callers doesn't make for good radio in most instances -- one voice at a time is enough; if you can't wait to make a point, dump the caller.

S_A_Longhorn
04-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Did you read the "Big announcement from ESPN 1250" thread? :lol

Meant that there was no date given, as far as I know. :flipoff

PeterBurns
04-21-2008, 05:04 PM
I still can't get over how they don't have a website. It's unbelievable to me. They are really doing a lot to make this work, and yet no website.

Hell, even a one page that has info on the shows and times......

I mean, yes. They need a good website, and I'm sure what they are working on is going to be state of the art, but not even anything?

Hell, you can spend 14.95 on Yahoo Geocities and build one in 15 minutes.

Regarding the Thompson's. They are great on air. I think of them as white-collar Sports Talk.

This was a very smart move on behalf of those guys to pick them up. I'm just happy no one knows that the station exists yet.

Hell Colin Cowherd a few days ago was making his predictions on his show between Phoenix-San Antonio.

He picked Phoenix because "We at least have an affiliate in Phoenix"......Ouch.

PeterBurns
04-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Meant that there was no date given, as far as I know. :flipoff

Longhorn....it's an interesting situation.
You don't like Mike Taylor because he's from Dallas, but he lives here now.
Do you like the Thompsons even though they are doing there show from Orlando?

Obviously, with the internet, you can't tell that they are in Orlando, just wondering. Honest question.

Duncan
04-21-2008, 05:37 PM
I rather listen to a man on the Moon do radio if he really is puro San Antonio or at least lived here a year first, then have someone do radio from my living room who is from Dallas.

But I agree with Mr.Bruns on the website thing I just don't like to say anything about it Mr.Duel doesn't take criticisms that well.

GoGatos.
04-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Tonto part chinese?

Only from the waist down! :lol

Maybe he thinks he's Chinese from all those years of helping build the railroads.

AlamoSpursFan
04-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Longhorn....it's an interesting situation.
You don't like Mike Taylor because he's from Dallas, but he lives here now.
Do you like the Thompsons even though they are doing there show from Orlando?

Obviously, with the internet, you can't tell that they are in Orlando, just wondering. Honest question.

I'd rather listen to 2 guys from San Antonio doing a San Antonio radio show on a San Antonio radio station from Orlando than a guy from Dallas doing a Dallas radio show on a San Antonio station from San Antonio.

Honest answer.

And Mike Taylor doesn't know what's in Rob's pocket.

:lol

Kori Ellis
04-21-2008, 07:04 PM
I still can't get over how they don't have a website. It's unbelievable to me. They are really doing a lot to make this work, and yet no website.

Hell, even a one page that has info on the shows and times......

This I agree with. I could make them a professional looking website with several pages to it in an hour :lol and I'm not even an expert. Considering their lack of advertising, I'd think they would want to establish a web presence.

Kori Ellis
04-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Oh ... and it's cool that the Thompsons are back on air here. I like them a lot.

04-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Wait a minute, weren't the Thompson's lawyers who did radio as a side gig? I guess that radio has now turned into a full time gig?

I'm real surprised the Gorilla didn't bring them on in a bigger capacity on FSR (They always sounded great when I heard them fill in on national broadcasts).

Kori Ellis
04-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Wait a minute, weren't the Thompson's lawyers who did radio as a side gig? I guess that radio has now turned into a full time gig?

I'm real surprised the Gorilla didn't bring them on in a bigger capacity on FSR (They always sounded great when I heard them fill in on national broadcasts).

One of the Thompson brothers is/was a lawyer - Jason.
They quit radio here and moved to Florida to work hosting EASports online game show. They might still have a national radio show.

Now they are back hosting this show on ESPN 1250 but from Florida.

04-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks Kori, I thought they both were lawyers.

I used to catch them all the time on weekends/overnights with FSR (I mainly listen to XM these days), and I think they were better on a national scale than a local show with a smaller focus.

Chris Duel
04-21-2008, 11:21 PM
But I agree with Mr.Bruns on the website thing I just don't like to say anything about it Mr.Duel doesn't take criticisms that well.

Duncan,

WTF does that mean? For the love of God, how can you possibly say that I don't take criticism well?

Are you freaking KIDDING me?

That is SUCH a cheap shot! Who writes for you, Evan?

That's it! Screw THIS! I am OUT OF HERE!!!

:bang :ihit :flipoff :madrun

dawn
04-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Who is Mr. Bruns...:wakeup

Chris Duel
04-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Who is Mr. Bruns...:wakeup

Some dude who keeps pestering Tom Gebhart for a sales job at ESPN 1250 The Zone

:rollin

dawn
04-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Oh...ok, that is where I had heard the name...I knew it rang a bell...:rollin

Buddy Holly
04-22-2008, 01:05 AM
So what's the latest on the website?

T Park
04-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Didn't you say the other day chris, now it looks like its not loading up till July? :lol

Chris Duel
04-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Didn't you say the other day chris, now it looks like its not loading up till July? :lol

The suits are telling us June, so that must mean October. :depressed :wtf

The Club
04-22-2008, 01:56 AM
Are you saying the "suits" have no boss to answer to? And are you saying that boss does not answer to the stock holders? And are you also saying the stock holders wouldn't want their investment running at it's best with people who know how to create websites to further bring any additional revenue? Maybe someone like you is what they are looking for to run their operations in San Antonio, don't sell yourself short Mr. Duel, move up already to the program director status immediately and stop being Nate Lundy's bitch and show this city who Chris Duel really is! "Mr. San Antonio!"

The Club
04-22-2008, 02:11 AM
Duncan,

WTF does that mean? For the love of God, how can you possibly say that I don't take criticism well?

Are you freaking KIDDING me?

That is SUCH a cheap shot! Who writes for you, Evan?

That's it! Screw THIS! I am OUT OF HERE!!!

:bang :ihit :flipoff :madrun

^ This may be the funniest shit I have seen on the www in months! :lmao

mouse
04-22-2008, 02:31 AM
One of the Thompson brothers is/was a lawyer - Jason.
They quit radio here and moved to Florida to work hosting EASports online game show. They might still have a national radio show.

Now they are back hosting this show on ESPN 1250 but from Florida.

Since you seem to be the only one in this topic I feel with the best knowledgeable trivia of the Thompson Bros I have a question............if you have time!

If Jason is an attorney then why would you be on the radio when you could be gathering evidence for your next big case? If I was on death row or burned myself with hot coffee from Mc Donald's I would want him devoting his time earning his 100.00 an hour I pay him instead of him making 40.00 an hour on the AM radio telling the listeners Avery Johnson is not a coach. Really where was all this talk when they made it to the finals? Doesn't every coach have a bad season or get fired? Does that mean he is not a coach?

And if you don't know that should you be in the court room unprepared?

How many Ex attorneys waist all those years in law school and past the BAR exam just for 2 hours on the AM radio? Sorry Kori but some of the puzzle pieces are not fitting, and I find that rather fascinating to say the least!
And I also apologize, maybe it's just my 9/11 way of thinking I guess but I would still like your take on the question never the less.

:wakeup

Kori Ellis
04-22-2008, 03:09 AM
When Jason lived in San Antonio, he was a practicing attorney. (I called him at his office before, so I know he was actually an attorney :)) At that time, Rob was working in sales for WOAI. In addition to these regular jobs, they were both doing the radio show here.

Since they moved to Florida, I am not sure if Jason is still practicing law. He seems to be very busy with that EASports show and now with this new ESPN 1250, so I'm not sure how he'd have time for a day job (Maybe he works 20 hours a day, I don't know for sure :lol). I haven't talked to them since they moved to Florida. When they lived here, I talked to them almost weekly, but we haven't kept in touch.

mouse
04-22-2008, 03:25 AM
Thank you for that last piece of my puzzle. so tell me do they post here @ st?

Kori Ellis
04-22-2008, 03:38 AM
No they do not.

PeterBurns
04-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Some dude who keeps pestering Tom Gebhart for a sales job at ESPN 1250 The Zone
:rollin

:lmao

Hmm...Selling for WOAI and Ticket, or KTSA and ESPN.

That's like asking, do I want to selling Jaguars or Hyundai's
Both have similiar body styles, yet one's like Grey Poupon, and the other Heinz Mustard Packet's

Do I want to Sell Spurs, Cowboys, UT Football, A&M Football, Rush Limbaugh, and the flagship station for Clear Channel Broadcasting......or a station with no website.

Can I phone a friend....?

(PS....Tell Geb to call me after work hours, he knows that big brother is listening)

T Park
04-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Yes yes yes Woai is sold out.,

We got that the first 500 freakin times that was said.

Lord..

pkbpkb81
04-22-2008, 04:04 PM
I'd rather listen to 2 guys from San Antonio doing a San Antonio radio show on a San Antonio radio station from Orlando than a guy from Dallas doing a Dallas radio show on a San Antonio station from San Antonio.

Honest answer.

look i wanna listen to a show that goes to the games ant talkes to the players. when the thompsons where here thay were great and still are, i just perfer my sports host to i dont know make it to a game, it also saddens me that the thompson had to go to a 3rd rate staion screw espn there national shows dont even take phone calls, and chris dule is a ass bag

NateL
04-22-2008, 04:49 PM
:lmao

Hmm...Selling for WOAI and Ticket, or KTSA and ESPN.

That's like asking, do I want to selling Jaguars or Hyundai's
Both have similiar body styles, yet one's like Grey Poupon, and the other Heinz Mustard Packet's

Do I want to Sell Spurs, Cowboys, UT Football, A&M Football, Rush Limbaugh, and the flagship station for Clear Channel Broadcasting......or a station with no website.

(PS....Tell Geb to call me after work hours, he knows that big brother is listening)

Ok, how about this question: Would you rather sell Mike Taylor or The Thompson Brothers?

And don't answer that honestly ... because big brother is watching.

:toast Cheers.

NateL
04-22-2008, 04:50 PM
The suits are telling us June, so that must mean October. :depressed :wtf

:bang

I'll see if EA has a couple old Commodore 64s laying around that we could hack together.

PeterBurns
04-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Pretty...Pretty...Pretty Uncalled For.

And most surely, Mike Taylor. I just saw the ESPN Trend and they didn't even register as existing.

GoGatos
04-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Ok, how about this question: Would you rather sell Mike Taylor or The Thompson Brothers?

And don't answer that honestly ... because big brother is watching.

:toast Cheers.

Well, to be fair, Taylor's numbers in his first book were higher than the Thomspon's when they were on Ticket and currently the Ticket is sold out...so it appears that selling Mike Taylor isn't as hard as some make it out to be...

T Park
04-22-2008, 05:24 PM
:bang

I'll see if EA has a couple old Commodore 64s laying around that we could hack together.

BTW Nate L.

Congrats to your boy E.

Thanks to him, Im officially portesting anything related to Electronic arts.

Thanks.

GoGatos
04-22-2008, 05:28 PM
double post

Dude
04-22-2008, 05:35 PM
No they do not.

I thought you said they was friends! :lmao

Dude
04-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Why do people in radio and TV think their shit don't stink?

GoGatos
04-22-2008, 06:04 PM
BTW Nate L.

Congrats to your boy E.

Thanks.

Dude, giving up Madden? That's would be tough...at least for me anyway.

Kori Ellis
04-22-2008, 06:11 PM
I thought you said they was friends! :lmao

My friends and family don't post here :lol

NateL
04-22-2008, 07:29 PM
BTW Nate L.

Congrats to your boy E.

Thanks.

Oh please. If I had a dollar for every person who has been angry at Eric I'd already be retired.

Come to think of it, if I had a buck for every person who's been angry at me I'd be rollin with courtside seats at the AT&T Center and have taken Clear Channel private on my own. Hell, Mouse counts for at least $100 of that.

NateL
04-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Pretty...Pretty...Pretty Uncalled For.

And most surely, Mike Taylor. I just saw the ESPN Trend and they didn't even register as existing.

Ah yes. But remember, "Cheers" was dead last in the ratings its first season.

"Who Wants to Be a Millionare?" was supposed to be the second coming and died in two years.

Am I saying Mike Taylor is Regis Philbin? No. But, I'd be careful if Jim Bob starts breaking into song on the deck of a cruise ship. (That's a Kathy Lee Gifford reference for those of you under the age of 21 or who are a bit slow.)

Uncalled for? Maybe.
Thought-provoking? Definitely.

Patience and time will tell what happens. Two things that many radio stations don't have.

Jimmy Bobby
04-22-2008, 07:40 PM
The product at Ticket 760 has improved dramatically with the arrival of Big Mike Taylor. This is a man who knows his sports and his Head2Head Hotties. And because he comes from a big market (Dallas), he's not a po-dunk homer like all of the crappy local broadcasters in this town.

GoGatos
04-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Ah yes. But remember, "Cheers" was dead last in the ratings its first season.

"Who Wants to Be a Millionare?" was supposed to be the second coming and died in two years.

Am I saying Mike Taylor is Regis Philbin? No. But, I'd be careful if Jim Bob starts breaking into song on the deck of a cruise ship. (That's a Kathy Lee Gifford reference for those of you under the age of 21 or who are a bit slow.)

Uncalled for? Maybe.
Thought-provoking? Definitely.

Patience and time will tell what happens. Two things that many radio stations don't have.

I'm not sure if having my name in a Kathy Lee Gifford reference is a good thing or not....

I'm gonna go with no.

NateL
04-22-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure if having my name in a Kathy Lee Gifford reference is a good thing or not....

I'm gonna go with no.

I was gonna go with Kelly Ripa, but that would have been even more uncalled for than my jab at Peter.

Even I have standards. Not many. But I have a couple.

GoGatos
04-22-2008, 08:05 PM
I was gonna go with Kelly Ripa, but that would have been even more uncalled for than my jab at Peter.

Even I have standards. Not many. But I have a couple.

And for that, I thank you...

http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/mlib/694/04/694_1208549145.jpg

pkbpkb81
04-23-2008, 03:35 PM
how come noone is talking about these loseres today

PeterBurns
04-23-2008, 03:44 PM

Because we are still transfixed with Ripa Cameltoe

Jimmy Bobby
04-23-2008, 03:47 PM

Because the novelty has already worn off and the entire city is tuned-in to Sports Talk San Antonio with Big Mike Taylor on Ticket 760. The Thompson twins are old news and S.A. has fallen in love with Taylor.

Currently, Taylor is breaking down last night's game and will certainly be getting to Head2Head Hotties before six o'clock.

Jimmy Bobby
04-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Oh, and one more thing. That E.S. Pee N. web site really kicks ass, don't it?

pkbpkb81
04-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Oh, and one more thing. That E.S. Pee N. web site really kicks ass, don't it?

HAY THEY HAVE THE BEST WEBSITE NOONE HAS EVER BEEN TO

remingtonbo2001
04-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Listened to Rob and Jason on the way home. Good show.

Not sure what the deal was with PHX fan...

pkbpkb81
04-23-2008, 04:18 PM
i am at work right now and listening to the ticket on there web site, its great i can listen to stsa and get my work done with out having a radio taking up space on my desk wonderful

losers at espn

AlamoSpursFan
04-23-2008, 05:03 PM
i am at work right now and listening to the ticket on there web site, its great i can listen to stsa and get my work done with out having a radio taking up space on my desk wonderful

losers at espn

We get it already.

You sure sound desperate to listen to ESPN 1250 The Zone.

And you should be. You're missing out.

Buy a radio, jackass.

T Park
04-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Oh please. If I had a dollar for every person who has been angry at Eric I'd already be retired.

Come to think of it, if I had a buck for every person who's been angry at me I'd be rollin with courtside seats at the AT&T Center and have taken Clear Channel private on my own. Hell, Mouse counts for at least $100 of that.

Nate I love you, but your not understanding, that theres a difference between mad at someone for insulting or saying something bad about a sports team.

And mad at someone for insulting you and what you do for a living, your family, and then laughing about it on air.

Ask Chris Cause how it happened. Eric brought it up out of the blue, Cause chuckled and thought it was funny himself, and yet I'm glad to see you don't care, that your employees insult the customers, and don't care if you lose business.

I honestly wish, I could run my business that way.

Whatever, it seems to be growing, I love the concept, but honestly, insulting blindly and stuff like that, is message board stuff.

Doing it on the radio, being serious about it, and not at least apologizing or ANYTHING? Thats different, and I'm sorry YOU don't see it that way.

PeterBurns
04-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Damn it Nate, Control your people.
First Eric pissed off Allen Iverson, and now the greatness that is T-Park.

WTF?

T Park
04-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Honestly Peter, I can take joking around, but, when someone says something personal like that, insults your family?

I'm sorry that its interpreted as funny, but I was a tad hurt.

Yeah Im a puss blah blah blah, get it out of your system people.

BTW, I know you were kidding, but I'm far from great. I'm just a moron on a message board that calls into shows.
I know its a play off of mouse, but, its kinda cool when Duel and some think of your basketball takes as good. As someone
who grew up in SA wanting to do that for a living, and wishing there was all the time sports stations so that I could work
in SA talking Spurs all the time and what not, its kinda cool.

Sorry to babble and take up bandwidth.

TheTruth
04-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Damn, that is a lot of fucking commas.

NateL
04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Damn it Nate, Control your people.
First Eric pissed off Allen Iverson, and now the greatness that is T-Park.

WTF?

(Cue cheesy anti-drug ad music)

I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!!!! ... (sob) ... I learned it by watching you.

...aaaaaand scene.

NateL
04-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Nate I love you, but your not understanding, that theres a difference between mad at someone for insulting or saying something bad about a sports team.

And mad at someone for insulting you and what you do for a living, your family, and then laughing about it on air.

Ask Chris Cause how it happened. Eric brought it up out of the blue, Cause chuckled and thought it was funny himself, and yet I'm glad to see you don't care, that your employees insult the customers, and don't care if you lose business.

I honestly wish, I could run my business that way.

Whatever, it seems to be growing, I love the concept, but honestly, insulting blindly and stuff like that, is message board stuff.

Doing it on the radio, being serious about it, and not at least apologizing or ANYTHING? Thats different, and I'm sorry YOU don't see it that way.

Hey, for what it's worth, E came into my office the day after and said he felt bad for pissing off a regular GameShow player. Sorry.

But, my point still stands. It's impossible to be in a public forum, and radio and GameShow are ones as much as this board is, and not annoy/insult/piss off people. Rush and Hannity do it on a daily basis and are still the most listened to people on radio. The only difference in today's media between radio and this message board is that here I can drop the Seven Deadlies if I want to.

For every person on here who loves Jason and Rob, there's someone who hates them. For every listener who likes Taylor, there's someone who wishes he'd go back to Dallas. You can't please everyone.

I hope you come back and play GameShow again sometime. Maybe I can put a little "EFZ" in the corner of the screen guaranteeing an 'Eric Free Zone'...we could invite Iverson.

BonnerDynasty
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM

Honest answer.

I think you people really overestimate people giving a shit who is from San Antonio hahaha Taylor seems like a good enough guy. They are pretty funny and can tell a joke without going 10 minutes into the joke lol

I just listen to you all.

T Park
04-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Hey, for what it's worth, E came into my office the day after and said he felt bad for pissing off a regular GameShow player. Sorry.

But, my point still stands. It's impossible to be in a public forum, and radio and GameShow are ones as much as this board is, and not annoy/insult/piss off people. Rush and Hannity do it on a daily basis and are still the most listened to people on radio. The only difference in today's media between radio and this message board is that here I can drop the Seven Deadlies if I want to.

For every person on here who loves Jason and Rob, there's someone who hates them. For every listener who likes Taylor, there's someone who wishes he'd go back to Dallas. You can't please everyone.

I hope you come back and play GameShow again sometime. Maybe I can put a little "EFZ" in the corner of the screen guaranteeing an 'Eric Free Zone'...we could invite Iverson.

Im not beefing about not liking him.
I like E, hes funny and what not, but what he said wasn't something political or anything, it was an outright insult.
Totally different than saying something that I wouldn't agree with, or that Pop is an idiot, I mean personally insulted me.

GoGatos
04-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Im not beefing about not liking him.
I like E, hes funny and what not, but what he said wasn't something political or anything, it was an outright insult.
Totally different than saying something that I wouldn't agree with, or that Pop is an idiot, I mean personally insulted me.

Dude, why do you care if someone you've never met in person (i'm just guessing you didn't, could be wrong) insulted you on a personal level to a bunch of people on an internet gameshow? Who gives a rats ass?! OK, so it was insulting...but in all likelihood, the people listening A) don't know who you are and B) will never meet you. And if they DO know who you are, they know whatever E said wasn't true... So why give a rat's ass?

The Club
04-24-2008, 02:30 AM
Dude, why do you care if someone you've never met in person (i'm just guessing you didn't, could be wrong) insulted you on a personal level to a bunch of people on an internet gameshow? Who gives a rats ass?! OK, so it was insulting...but in all likelihood, the people listening A) don't know who you are and B) will never meet you. And if they DO know who you are, they know whatever E said wasn't true... So why give a rat's ass?

Then why did you get all bent out of shape when folks were ragging on Mike Taylor?
why give a rat's ass?

The Club
04-24-2008, 02:34 AM
GoGatos[/b]]ESPN 1250 on Sports Sunday with David Chancellor
What's funny is when people do it to the Ticket, most of the time they are taking personal shots at Taylor or myself. Calling someone a salad-tossing lap dog isn't good-natured ribbing.

Why do you give a rats ass what folks you never met say?

pkbpkb81
04-24-2008, 09:59 AM
look the ticket is the best sports station in town, the zone is moving in the right direction they need a website and to fire that idiot chris drool and they will be a close 2nd but right now there 3rd behind the ticket and 1420 sporting news (which sucks ass by the way)

The collector
04-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Dude, why do you care if someone insulted you on an internet? Who gives a rats ass?! the people don't know who you are and will never meet you. So why give a rat's ass?

This will be a great quote to post next time you have another mini meltdown about rude comments you read in here.

It's comments like the quote above that show how the Ticket radio really feels about SpursTalk and the (No life having) posters.

That is marketing 101 at it's best!

pkbpkb81
04-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Collector Your An Ass Bag

All He Is Trying To Say Is Who Fucking Cares If Someone That Dosent Know You Talks Shit About You On The Internet, It Dosent Mean The Ticket Dosent Care For The Fans Or Even Ass Bags Like You

Also For The Guy Crying About E He Was The Best Part Of That Show When Walter And Vex Where On There, Thay Sucked Thats When We Could Have Really Used The Zone, But now The Ticket Is Good Again And All Is Right With The World

MoSpur02
04-24-2008, 02:46 PM
The Thompson brothers are cool. I like that they are back on the radio here in San Antonio. I honestly prefer listening to ESPN than the ticket ever since they brought in Mike Taylor. I will listen to STSA when there is a commercial on ESPN. I guess it still works for STSA.

Like Nate stated though, Taylor has his fans and has his haters. Same with Duel and the Thompson brothers. They have their devoted listeners and those who cannot stand them. Can't please everyone.

Duncan
04-24-2008, 03:47 PM
I have to disagree with part of your post. 98% of San Antonio really had no idea who Mike Taylor was until he moved here. It wasn't until he started talking about how he is a Spur at heart and his so called "puro" San Antonio that many could see right thorough his fake sellout personality and it bothered many that the Ticket could not find anyone from San Antonio to do "San Antonio" sports.

Keep in mind the ticket has lied so many times to the listeners and has acted as though they have no idea what you are talking about when you mention Jay Howard, Jeff Vexler,
and add to the fact people like Nate Lundy come into town with huge egos and treat everyone who doesn't kiss his ass like 2nd class only adds to the bitterness.

There are only so may listeners and posters in San Antonio sooner or later your not going to have any milkshake left to drink.

pkbpkb81
04-24-2008, 03:59 PM
they went in a dirrent direction thats why jay was fired and vex sucked he should have never been put on the air

Duncan
04-24-2008, 04:09 PM
they went in a dirrent direction thats why jay was fired and vex sucked he should have never been put on the air

I never said i didn't know what happened to Jay Howard i said the ticket acted like he never existed and would run the callers on the radio if you mentioned his name. very professional.

As for Veff Vexler, if he sucked so bad why did he spend so many years on the radio? this shows your only proving my point about the people that run the Ticket.

pkbpkb81
04-24-2008, 04:13 PM
if it was up to me vex would have never been on the radio

Duncan
04-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Well if we are going to talk about our own personal fantasies or wishes aka woulda ,shoulda coulda? we could be here all night. You still haven't given me a solid reason why I am wrong with my opinions. Further more i just called the station 4 times since posting here in this forum and the phone has a busy signal that can only mean 3 things.

1) The call screener is not doing his job

2) The T brothers are not taking calls like they say they do.

3) All of above

Dude
04-24-2008, 05:00 PM
I just heard them say "hey lets go to Ciballo Rob! we have to take his call!"

That means not only do they know callers are on hold for over 45 minutes (many on cell phones) they know who they are. :lmao