PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gordon to Spurs??

Tacker
04-21-2008, 03:36 PM
The Bulls can only keep Gordon or Deng. Im assuming theyre sticking with Deng and letting Gordon go. Do you guys think Gordon would fit in with the Spurs?

manufor3
04-21-2008, 03:37 PM
umm... maybe to replace fin. we'll see how the off-season works out.

Xylus
04-21-2008, 03:38 PM
No. Ben Gordon's a chucker, and the Spurs are chucker-free.

ThomasGranger
04-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Gordon is British, right? Spurs are not far from having an all-international roster so, yes, he would be a great fit.

ancestron
04-21-2008, 03:41 PM
No.

Don Quixote
04-21-2008, 03:52 PM
I am totally unconcerned about next year. Winning titles is what the Silver & Black are all about, and so long as we're in the playoffs, it's next year, schmext year.

That said, Deng, Nocioni, or Gordon would look mighty fine in Silver & Black. As would ... a trio of Clippers (Ross, Maggette, Kaman), and maybe Villanueva from the Bucks. Good players from teams that have sucked and could be broken up.

Bartleby
04-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Deng, Nocioni, or Gordon would look mighty fine in Silver & Black. As would ... a trio of Clippers (Ross, Maggette, Kaman), and maybe Villanueva from the Bucks.

I was at UConn when Villaneuva was there and never was too impressed with his game. He didn't seem to play with much heart. Maybe he has picked it up since then though.

CubanSucks
04-21-2008, 04:12 PM
It's so funny how there is always someone who thinks we are going to pick up any big names just because their contract is up. GET OVER IT. The Spurs hadn't gotten any big names since Duncan. (Parker and Ginobili were unknown at the time)

ICE3000
04-21-2008, 05:40 PM
We need to do something next year because this is the last year we will get by with the tweaking the spurs FO likes to do. we have to make a BIG or TWO this off season

yavozerb
04-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Contract will be to much $ for the spurs....

Tacker
04-21-2008, 05:43 PM
It's so funny how there is always someone who thinks we are going to pick up any big names just because their contract is up. GET OVER IT. The Spurs hadn't gotten any big names since Duncan. (Parker and Ginobili were unknown at the time)

Actually, theres a difference when youre talking about signing expensive players such as Josh Smith, Gilbert Arenas for an example and when youre talking about players who aren't worth that much (Ben Gordon). Ben Gordon isn't going to get enough money from the Bulls because he choked this season. His numbers were down meaning his contract isn't going to be that big either. He might get better when he is on another team.

Jdspur20
04-21-2008, 05:50 PM
The Bulls can only keep Gordon or Deng. Im assuming theyre sticking with Deng and letting Gordon go. Do you guys think Gordon would fit in with the Spurs?

i was waiting for someone to post this. i was thinking about this the other day. i think your right, the bulls want deng over gordon if they had to choose. the question is how much cap room will the spurs have and how much can they throw at gordon? just thinking of manu/gordon 1,2 punch gives me chills.

btw Tacker, welcome to the forum. i hope the wizards beat the cavs this year.

Tacker
04-21-2008, 05:52 PM
btw Tacker, welcome to the forum. i hope the wizards beat the cavs this year.

Thank you

td4mvp21
04-21-2008, 05:55 PM
I think Cleveland should go after him.

Elraptor
04-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Yea he'd replace Finley really well.

AFBlue
04-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Gordon is British, right? Spurs are not far from having an all-international roster so, yes, he would be a great fit.

Pretty sure that's Deng.

And to the originator of the thread....no the Bulls are not likely to keep both Deng and Gordon, but they'd be idiots not to match an MLE offer for Gordon, which is the best the Spurs could do.

And Deng will get far more than that.

Bottom Line: It's a nice thought to add a scorer and shooter of Gordon's calibur, but it's not likely at all.

Tacker
04-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Pretty sure that's Deng.

And to the originator of the thread....no the Bulls are not likely to keep both Deng and Gordon, but they'd be idiots not to match an MLE offer for Gordon, which is the best the Spurs could do.

And Deng will get far more than that.

Bottom Line: It's a nice thought to add a scorer and shooter of Gordon's calibur, but it's not likely at all.

Nope both were born in British

boutons_
04-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Ben really impressed me a couple years when he had a rep as Mr 4th Qtr, coming in and winning games with 10 - 15 pts in the 4th.

I saw some games where Ben + Andres would just rip up the floor in the 4th qtr. Haven't seen much of that recently.

Ben shoots both 3Gs at a very good 41%+ so he'd help spread the floor for Tim, Ian, Iago. Probably too much $$.

Tacker
04-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Ben really impressed me a couple years when he had a rep as Mr 4th Qtr, coming in and winning games with 10 - 15 pts in the 4th.

I saw some games where Ben + Andres would just rip up the floor in the 4th qtr. Haven't seen much of that recently.

Ben shoots both 3Gs at a very good 41%+ so he'd help spread the floor for Tim, Ian, Iago. Probably too much $$.

Nope not as much of money at all actually. He was just a rookie a couple of years ago in (2005) so if he was to get an extension it wont be that big

T Park
04-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Spurs have nothing to offer for Gordon.

I'd rather have Nocioni though honestly.

Solid D
04-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Ben Gordon is a "wick". He can light it up on offense but he gets equally lit-up on defense, if not moreso.

T Park is spot-on. Nocioni is the Bulls player that the Spurs would be most interested in but he is coming off of an $8.5M contract.

boutons_
04-21-2008, 06:20 PM
oops, Brent and Bruce both shoot 3Gs better than Ben :)

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Scoring.jsp?league=00&season=22007&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&sortOrder=3&splitDD=All%20Teams

T Park
04-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Nocioni is the Bulls player that the Spurs would be most interested in but he is coming off of an $8.5M contract.

Doable if the Bulls were willing to take back a Matt Bonner or,
ah hell I dunno what the package would have to be :lol

PlayoffEx-static
04-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Contract will be to much $ for the spurs....

+1 He ain't coming here for MCE money.

Jdspur20
04-21-2008, 06:33 PM
if maggette opts out the spurs could make a run for him. it would be hard to get him. did the spurs try to trade for maggette in the middle of the season a couple of years ago and it fell through the last minuate? correct me if i'm wrong.

WalterBenitez
04-21-2008, 06:41 PM
If POP almost got a heart attack with Manu, with Ben Gordon he will use a gun machine, the rambo one.

BiZNicK
04-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Gordon would give us another scoring threat, which we need.

WalterBenitez
04-21-2008, 06:45 PM

and a dozen of turnovers per minute :rolleyes

Tacker
04-21-2008, 06:57 PM

Turnovers? Thats Hinrich that turns the ball all the time not Ben.

tav1
04-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Not doable. Cost too much. If we want a guard like that our options are offering the full mid-level to someone like Childress, Delfino or Vujacic--to name a few off the top of my head. And Siskauskas has been mentioned. But I doubt we can do that. We'll have more than one hole to fill. We'll probably have to split the mid-level on a couple of "second-tier" options. Think Tony Allen. And don't go thinking about the draft as a way to fill holes. There is no one in the draft that will crack the rotation next year. Brandon Rush, or some such player, will become very acquainted with the city of Austin.

ss1986v2
04-21-2008, 07:24 PM
actually, gordon averages less turnovers per game than manu or parker. just saying...

but ben might not be the best of fits here. besides the fact that its entirely impossible for us to get him (hes a RFA, so chicago can match or MLE offer, and they would, plus hes going to want somewhere in the 8-10 mil range anyway), he doesnt match the rest of our team. well, his game does, but his build doesnt. he a rather short shooting guard, who really cant guard his position. which is why hinrich usually end up covering the opposing teams off-guard, instead of their point. kirk has the size and ability to do that on a nightly basis, parker doesnt.

now if we didnt have parker, and had the money to spend, i think ben would make a decent fit alongside manu in the starting line-up, for the same reasons id like ben alongside roy in portland (great 3pt shooter, very good scorer, doesnt have to be primary ball handler, doesnt have to defend the opposing off-guard). maybe not the most ideal or traditional situation overall, but its probably making the best of gordons talents, while keeping him happy not as a 6th man.

dg7md
04-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Wet dreams forum.

Bob Lanier
04-21-2008, 07:47 PM
On on-ball scoring threat. The Spurs already have two ball-dominant guards; I don't know if your offense could survive a third. Gordon isn't nearly as effective with his jumpshot coming off of screens.

Nocioni would be a much better fit. So would Ricky Davis, for that matter.