PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul: "He can't guard me!"

Tacker
04-21-2008, 05:53 PM
According to S.A.S. after burning Kidd on another basket, Paul was beating his chest and kept yelling out "He can't guard me!". Is this disrespectful to a future hall of famer, or just the passing of the guards from the big older point guard to the super-quick swagged out baby-faced gangster. It was kind of sad watching Kidd trying to chase down Paul the entire game, and if Game 1 was any indication, Kidd is gonna be made looked really bad the rest of the series.

Indazone
04-21-2008, 06:10 PM
According to S.A.S. after burning Kidd on another basket, Paul was beating his chest and kept yelling out "He can't guard me!". Is this disrespectful to a future hall of famer, or just the passing of the guards from the big older point guard to the super-quick swagged out baby-faced gangster. It was kind of sad watching Kidd trying to chase down Paul the entire game, and if Game 1 was any indication, Kidd is gonna be made looked really bad the rest of the series.

Yes Kidd Sucks and Yes CP3 is an trash talking ass.

td4mvp21
04-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Chris Paul is too arrogant for his own good. I can't wait until he gets his humility lesson in this year's playoffs.

atxrocker
04-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Is this disrespectful to a future hall of famer, or just the passing of the guards from the big older point guard to the super-quick swagged out baby-faced gangster.

since when is chris paul a fucking "gangster"? this is honestly the first time i've read about cp3 behaving like this. i wouldn't automatically rate his character based on this one incident. and it's not entirely impossible that this is a reaction to all the negative opinions that he and his team are finished due to lack of experience by nay sayers prior to this series.

Elraptor
04-21-2008, 06:27 PM
See, Paul needs to show some respect.

balli
04-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Paul's a bitch. As if he could guard anyone either. Kidd holds his opposition to a lower FG% than Paul does.

Definitely not a gangster though. Fuckin' racist.

Holmes_Fans
04-21-2008, 06:30 PM
CP3 is one of the more underrated floppers of the league. Manu and Dirk get to much credit

Leetonidas
04-21-2008, 06:32 PM
I can't wait til the Spurs play the Hornets in the next round and beat down the Hornets, send them back to earth.

GuerillaBlack
04-21-2008, 06:46 PM
since when is chris paul a fucking "gangster"? this is honestly the first time i've read about cp3 behaving like this. i wouldn't automatically rate his character based on this one incident. and it's not entirely impossible that this is a reaction to all the negative opinions that he and his team are finished due to lack of experience by nay sayers prior to this series.

You need a history lesson on Chris Paul then.

DaDakota
04-21-2008, 07:06 PM
That nut shot that Paul threw in College was disgusting.

DD

Amare_32
04-21-2008, 07:18 PM
I can't wait til the Suns play the Hornets in the next round and beat down the Hornets, send them back to earth.

Fixed

sribb43
04-21-2008, 07:20 PM

DD

ya punching julius hodge was classless....people want to blame Terry for his nut shot on Finley, they should look back and see who the real originator was

lefty
04-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Chris Paul is too arrogant for his own good. I can't wait until he gets his humility lesson in this year's playoffs.

I hope we'll meet N.O in the playoffs.

CP3 will be Bowened.

And everybody will see how overrated David West is

Bob Lanier
04-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Yes Kidd Sucks and Yes CP3 is an trash talking ass.
:tu

E20
04-21-2008, 07:39 PM
The Mavs are winning so whatever.

ShoogarBear
04-21-2008, 07:49 PM

DD

And he tried to do the same thing to Bruce Bowen on the play that got Bowen suspended. Funny how the media never mentioned that.

CP3 is a great player, but he's also a brawl waiting to happen if he doesn't settle down.

bonzi_isaspurskiller
04-21-2008, 07:51 PM
This should be dubbed the everybody pile on and trash Chris Paul thread!

bonzi_isaspurskiller
04-21-2008, 07:52 PM
I am sure that everybody that has posted in this thread would absolutely love to have Chris on their team.

ShoogarBear
04-21-2008, 07:56 PM
He certainly would be a positive role model for Bonzi.

lefty
04-21-2008, 07:57 PM
I am sure that everybody that has posted in this thread would absolutely love to have Chris on their team.

Really really not.

Budkin
04-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Arrogance sucks no matter who is puking it out.

GuerillaBlack
04-21-2008, 08:34 PM

I'd trade him for Rafer Alston, but CP3 does have a hot-head and needs to settle down. Everytime the Rockets play the Hornets, something always happens between Rafer and CP3. A fight waiting to happen.

balli
04-21-2008, 08:37 PM

Nah. I'd stick with Deron.

Shank
04-21-2008, 09:15 PM
And he's built like Kerri Strug.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 09:15 PM
the only reason Paul gets so much positive pub is because he plays in New Orleans and the NBA is desperate for all the good N.O. pub they can get.

If Paul was playing for the Knicks right now he'd be getting called the second coming of Marbury.

ratm1221
04-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm sure Paul's emotions just got the best of him after all the negative media he's gotten lately. I'd probably be worked up too.

Mavs better wake the fuck up though and figure out a way to win a game in NO.

TDMVPDPOY
04-21-2008, 09:17 PM
how is it disrespectful

his just say the truth, wtf has kidd ever shut down?

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm sure Paul's emotions just got the best of him after all the negative media he's gotten lately.

negative media?:wtf the media couldn't possibly be sucking him off any harder.

Marvin Williams has turned into a very nice player, but since he got taken ahead of Chris Paul, he's getting torched by the media as a draft bust of Ryan Leaf proportions. Which is bullshit.

JamStone
04-21-2008, 09:20 PM
I saw nothing wrong with it. In the heat of the game, players talk a lot of shit. There are plenty of players that act that way. And, Paul was right anyway. Kidd can't guard him. Not really disrespectful when he's telling the truth. I figured some Spurs fans dislike Paul because of the incident with Bruce Bowen. But, I'm surprised people won't even give the kid his due. He's incredible. He does have a temper on the court. He does play with an edge and cops an attitude against opponents. I actually like that about him. No defending nut jabs. But, I love his competitiveness and toughness. And, I can't see how anyone wouldn't want him on their team.

Amare_32
04-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Whats wrong with him saying that? He is being truthful Kidd can't guard him.

Shank
04-21-2008, 09:22 PM
I saw nothing wrong with it. In the heat of the game, players talk a lot of shit. There are plenty of players that act that way. And, Paul was right anyway. Kidd can't guard him.

Shit - who has this year, though? He gets his against just about everyone but Deron Williams and the Jazz.

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
so just because it's true means it can't be disrespectful? really?

there's been tons of truthful comments uttered that are plenty disrespectful.

JamStone
04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
If Paul was playing for the Knicks right now he'd be getting called the second coming of Marbury.

Not if he had the Knicks as a second seed in the playoffs.

JamStone
04-21-2008, 09:26 PM
so just because it's true means it can't be disrespectful? really?

there's been tons of truthful comments uttered that are plenty disrespectful.

That's true. I just don't find it disrespectful. It's like running up the score in a blowout. You don't like it. Stop him.

lefty
04-21-2008, 09:28 PM
You guys wouldn't say that if he did it vs your teams

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 09:29 PM
That's true. I just don't find it disrespectful. It's like running up the score in a blowout. You don't like it. Stop him.

Yeah that's true, good point.

Amare_32
04-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Shit - who has this year, though? He gets his against just about everyone but Deron Williams and the Jazz.

That kid is incredible. I seen him play against the Suns he light up Nash. Yes I know is shocking.

ratm1221
04-21-2008, 09:36 PM
negative media?:wtf the media couldn't possibly be sucking him off any harder.

Marvin Williams has turned into a very nice player, but since he got taken ahead of Chris Paul, he's getting torched by the media as a draft bust of Ryan Leaf proportions. Which is bullshit.

I was referring to the "Chris Paul has no playoff experience" and the comments that "the mavs have figured out how to beat NO by shutting down Chris Paul" after that last NO/DAL game of the season.

But yes, most of the time the media lifts up his scrote and gives him a big 'ol tongue bath.

Cry Havoc
04-21-2008, 09:56 PM
I saw nothing wrong with it. In the heat of the game, players talk a lot of shit. There are plenty of players that act that way. And, Paul was right anyway. Kidd can't guard him. Not really disrespectful when he's telling the truth. I figured some Spurs fans dislike Paul because of the incident with Bruce Bowen. But, I'm surprised people won't even give the kid his due. He's incredible. He does have a temper on the court. He does play with an edge and cops an attitude against opponents. I actually like that about him. No defending nut jabs. But, I love his competitiveness and toughness. And, I can't see how anyone wouldn't want him on their team.

+1

His attitude reminds me of a young Michael Jordan -- who used to talk a ton of trash.

I love Paul's game. And when you're THAT good, THAT young, I can understand why he has a cocky swagger about himself. There are few if any players in the league that can guard him.

So Paul has some growing to do -- so what? He's young. He's got a lot of time to gain his composure. There aren't many players in the league as good as Duncan that don't have a lot of arrogance to their games. Larry Bird used to walk into the 3 point shooting competition and ask, "Okay, who's going to finish in second?" And NO one to my knowledge has EVER accused Bird of having a bad attitude.

JamStone
04-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Agree, Havoc. Plus, while we don't really know for sure, Chris Paul doesn't appear to be that same way off the court. He's reportedly very well liked throughout the NBA and by players of other teams. I think he's one of those types of players that is completely different off the court than he is on the court.

female sports fan
04-21-2008, 10:03 PM
+1

His attitude reminds me of a young Michael Jordan -- who used to talk a ton of trash.

I love Paul's game. And when you're THAT good, THAT young, I can understand why he has a cocky swagger about himself. There are few if any players in the league that can guard him.

So Paul has some growing to do -- so what? He's young. He's got a lot of time to gain his composure. There aren't many players in the league as good as Duncan that don't have a lot of arrogance to their games. Larry Bird used to walk into the 3 point shooting competition and ask, "Okay, who's going to finish in second?" And NO one to my knowledge has EVER accused Bird of having a bad attitude.

Completely agree with every word. Mavericks fans sure seem to take offense to this non-story. Beginning of the end reaction perhaps?

monosylab1k
04-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Completely agree with every word. Mavericks fans sure seem to take offense to this non-story. Beginning of the end reaction perhaps?

yeah because Spurs fans were giddy about him after the move he pulled on Bowen:rolleyes

Amare_32
04-21-2008, 10:23 PM
yeah because Spurs fans were giddy about him after the move he pulled on Bowen:rolleyes

What did he do to Bowen?

ShoogarBear
04-21-2008, 10:31 PM
w8WXVJQ06Sk

lefty
04-21-2008, 10:37 PM
w8WXVJQ06Sk

Paul fucking cry baby

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-21-2008, 10:48 PM
+1
There aren't many players in the league as good as Duncan that don't have a lot of arrogance to their games. Larry Bird used to walk into the 3 point shooting competition and ask, "Okay, who's going to finish in second?" And NO one to my knowledge has EVER accused Bird of having a bad attitude.

hmmm... I don't know, I think it depends on who can get away with the cocky attitude. Bird's trash-talking was as a competitor, and even in one game, the Hawks bench ended up rooting for him in his 60 point game by the end of it and the coach got on. That three point shooting competition, comment he could get away with because he could back it up. Same thing with MJ.

CP3 hasn't proved anything yet, but who knows. He could either go the way of the cocky greats, or cocky assholes.

Findog
04-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Being cocky and having swagger is one thing, showing up and disrespecting your opponents is another. They can be mutually exclusive, or both those elements can be present.

JamStone
04-21-2008, 11:11 PM
hmmm... I don't know, I think it depends on who can get away with the cocky attitude. Bird's trash-talking was as a competitor, and even in one game, the Hawks bench ended up rooting for him in his 60 point game by the end of it and the coach got on. That three point shooting competition, comment he could get away with because he could back it up. Same thing with MJ.

CP3 hasn't proved anything yet, but who knows. He could either go the way of the cocky greats, or cocky assholes.

You think Bird only got cocky after winning a title? Think Gary Payton didn't start talking shit until making the NBA Finals? Think Michael was humble before getting past the Bad Boys?

If you don't like cocky, then it's not justifiable even when it's by a legendary player. Cocky is lame when a player can't back it up. Chris Paul backs it up and more specifically backed it up in game 1 when he was acting cocky.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Yo JamStone, nice sig!

Any reason for it? :lol

JamStone
04-21-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm pissed at the team I usually root for.

Manu is one of my favorite players anyway. So I switched sigs for now.

ShoogarBear
04-21-2008, 11:25 PM
I saw a lot of Larry Bird games. I must have missed the ones where he swung at the guys' nuts.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-21-2008, 11:32 PM
You think Bird only got cocky after winning a title? Think Gary Payton didn't start talking shit until making the NBA Finals? Think Michael was humble before getting past the Bad Boys?

If you don't like cocky, then it's not justifiable even when it's by a legendary player. Cocky is lame when a player can't back it up. Chris Paul backs it up and more specifically backed it up in game 1 when he was acting cocky.
Cocky isn't lame. You're either humble or you're not. You either got a swagger or you're low-key.
But there is a certain amount of respect competitors give each other, and trash-talking a vet is questionable.
Chris Paul hasn't won the series yet.
And CP3 hasn't proven anything yet except gawdy stats.
I guess I'm not sold on CP3, no doubt he's a great MVP calibre player, but a lot more comments are coming up from fans/observers that the praises are getting to his head. Also Deron Williams has had more success in the post-season than CP3 so far.

DAINTX
04-21-2008, 11:34 PM
No one knows what is being said to Paul out there, so I wouldn't be too judgemental. Chris Paul sees Kidd continuing to get big-time press...and he knows he is a much better player than Kidd is at this point. Kidd is about done...1 more productive year at most. Paul and Darren Williams are the 1-2 young stars at PG in the West with Parker a close 3.

dude1394
04-21-2008, 11:38 PM
I really dislike this gangsta' crap that's prevalent in the nba these days. So paul runs around saying that crap while he's getting a double pick from chandler/west..

Chandler moving half of the time. If you are such a bad ass take him one-on-one, not getting him picked off with your center.

Crap...same old sportscenter sh*t. Look at me, look at me, look at me.

Burn531
04-21-2008, 11:52 PM
I really dislike this gangsta' crap that's prevalent in the nba these days. So paul runs around saying that crap while he's getting a double pick from chandler/west..

Chandler moving half of the time. If you are such a bad ass take him one-on-one, not getting him picked off with your center.

Pick and roll should not be allowed in the NBA.

:lol

dude1394
04-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Pick and roll should not be allowed in the NBA.

Of course it should. But what are you saying when some guy picks off the guy guarding you and you run around screaming how that guy can't guard you?

let's see...Let's put chris paul on duncan. You'd never see duncan running around like some sort of idiot screaming how he can't guard me.

In fact chris paul doesn't guard anybody worth a crap anyway.

Matchman
04-22-2008, 12:49 AM
if there is one player that i would like Bruce Lee Bowen to send flying into the stand it would be Chris Paul da arrogant asshole

balli
04-22-2008, 01:01 AM

Gangster was a word used in the first post of this thread. And now you too huh? I don't see what's so "gangsta" about it? Quite frankly it's people wrongly accusing black players of being gangsters that's ruining this league. Not the players themselves. I'm no Chris Paul fan and I don't like the way he yaps, but I'm pretty damn sure the concepts of bravado, arrogance and screen-rolls were around well before Tupac. Gangsters are drug dealers who murder people. Not NBA players who are full of themselves and like to talk about it.

ludda
04-22-2008, 01:06 AM
It's not a big deal, but Paul, West, and Chandler from game one seemed to be very arrogant. Win the series first.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-22-2008, 01:50 AM
Honestly anytime any player breaks out that comment all I can think about is the Lil Penny commercials with Chris Rock's voice.

"You can't guard me! Secret Service couldn't guard me!"

atxrocker
04-22-2008, 02:21 AM
I guess I'm not sold on CP3, no doubt he's a great MVP calibre player

:dizzy

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-22-2008, 02:29 AM
:dizzy

NBA-fan wise I meant.

SpursDynasty
04-22-2008, 02:31 AM

Paul is a fake midget.

SAtown
04-22-2008, 02:34 AM
(fluke post)

Everyone's been waiting for you. Where the fuck have you been? :hat

Kriz-Maxima
04-22-2008, 02:43 AM
I like Paul a lot, at first his on the court attitude bothered me, then i realized that he gets so into the game that it completely takes him over. The kid hasnt won a series because he hasnt yet been through one but every test that has been placed before him he has passed. Even if they lose the series no one can deny that this year Paul's play at point guard has been second to none.

atxrocker
04-22-2008, 02:48 AM
Even if they lose the series no one can deny that this year Paul's play at point guard has been second to none.

of course you could........ if you're a mav fan. :lmao

kingsfan
04-22-2008, 06:21 AM
Oh good grief get that thug of the streets now, he's a menace to society.:rolleyes I've heard him say when he's playing he gets totally in a zone which is why he doesn't smile. He probably doesn't even remember saying that. It's not arrogant, it's true.

mojorizen7
04-22-2008, 07:08 AM
Players calling attention to themselves at the expense of others isn't a "gangsta" problem.
Its a youth of today problem......no respect for their elders........or the man standing next to him either.
It's just that the majority of NBA players are black(news flash) and therefore we get to see young black players acting like arrogant clowns more often than white guys.
Not everyone can be Steve Nash or Tim Duncan.

monosylab1k
04-22-2008, 08:04 AM
of course you could........ if you're a mav fan. :lmao

for the record, atxcocker would take Brad Miller over Dirk so that shows what little basketball IQ he's got.

SenorSpur
04-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Why is CP3 getting all this grief? It's not like he's lying or anything? The Mavs in general, and Kidd in particular, are getting roasted by this guy.

Kobe does the exact same thing in big games - he did it this past Sunday when being guarded by Kenyon Martin. He's been in the league for 11 years. No one says anything.

This guy is a young, dedicated and very talented player, who is getting his first taste of playoff success. He's just come off what is considered an MVP season. Face it. CP3 IS a superstar in this league and is proving his mark now. Give him a break.

Think the Hawks still believe they made the right decision choosing Marvin Williams ahead of Paul?

nkdlunch
04-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Like Manu Ginobili, Paul did not come to the NBA to make friends

Crookshanks
04-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Many of these young players have an arrogant attitude. They come into the NBA much younger than players in years past and they are told over and over again how great they are. Throw in all the money from endorsements - and it's a disaster waiting to happen. I kept waiting to see if LeBron would crash and burn - but he's surprised me. However, I think the beat-down he took in last year's finals was probably the best thing to happen to him. It humbled him when he realized he hadn't reached the greatness of Tim Duncan - and he's worked even harder this year to elevate his game.

We'll just have to wait and see with CP3. But I do agree that these young players don't show the respect they should to the older guys. Yes, Jason Kidd is getting older and slower, but he was great in his prime - and CP3 should respect that.

peskypesky
04-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Chris Paul has mad game, but this type of trash-talk (if true) is not a sign of class and character.

Indazone
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
If and when the Hornets end up playing the Jazz, Deron Williams is going to take CP3 apart.

mavsfan1000
04-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Paul is an incredible player but arrogance is the thing I hate most out of players. Especially if they trash talk with arrogance and beat their chest. Fuck Paul.

Pero
04-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Like Manu Ginobili, Paul did not come to the NBA to make friends

Yeah, but unlike Paul, Manu would never say something like that.

Soul_Patch
04-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Players calling attention to themselves at the expense of others isn't a "gangsta" problem.
Its a youth of today problem......no respect for their elders........or the man standing next to him either.
It's just that the majority of NBA players are black(news flash) and therefore we get to see young black players acting like arrogant clowns more often than white guys.
Not everyone can be Steve Nash or Tim Duncan.

I agree with this fully. it is fucking disgusting how youth today have so much disrespect for everyone.

It is my biggest pet peave by a fucking mile...Makes me pissed off just thinking about it.

I honestly blame the "instant" culture of today for this stuff. Instant messaging, messageboards, texting, internet in general. dont get me wrong, great tool, but it has caused a whole generation of people to not know how to communicate in a civil manner in a face to face situation. Kids grow up being bullies and dickheads in chat rooms and through texting...and cant figure out that shit doesnt work in the real world.

Tacker
Gangster was a word used in the first post of this thread. And now you too huh? I don't see what's so "gangsta" about it? Quite frankly it's people wrongly accusing black players of being gangsters that's ruining this league. Not the players themselves. I'm no Chris Paul fan and I don't like the way he yaps, but I'm pretty damn sure the concepts of bravado, arrogance and screen-rolls were around well before Tupac. Gangsters are drug dealers who murder people. Not NBA players who are full of themselves and like to talk about it.

No you see, youre the racist one here. Why are you assuming that we are referring gangsters to black people only?? Just because I called Chris Paul a gangster doesnt necessarily mean Im only referring it to the black people. I've called many white players gangsters wannabe (Brad Miller). Youre the racist one here buddy not me.

samikeyp
Why is CP3 getting all this grief? It's not like he's lying or anything? The Mavs in general, and Kidd in particular, are getting roasted by this guy.

Kobe does the exact same thing in big games - he did it this past Sunday when being guarded by Kenyon Martin. He's been in the league for 11 years. No one says anything.

This guy is a young, dedicated and very talented player, who is getting his first taste of playoff success. He's just come off what is considered an MVP season. Face it. CP3 IS a superstar in this league and is proving his mark now. Give him a break.

Think the Hawks still believe they made the right decision choosing Marvin Williams ahead of Paul?

You are right, CP3 is a superstar....he needs to act like one, and that goes for anyone. When you are as good as he is, and IMO he is the best at his position, you should let your game do the talking. You don't need to call attention to yourself, your game does that for you.

Tacker
04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Paul is a fake midget.

Explain

Tacker
04-22-2008, 11:01 AM

All lies, I watched the whole game, he didn't do any taunts or anything similiar to what Paul did to Kidd.

daslicer
04-22-2008, 11:03 AM
CP3 is a grade A asshole simple as that. I watched him back when he played college ball at Wake Forest. I live in NC and I have to say he was a pretty classless kid back then and not much has changed since. This is the same guy who punched Julius Hodge in the nuts on senior night during Hodges last game at NC State. What was even worse after that Paul first denied that he never punched Hodge in the nuts and then later came out when it was shown on tape that he did that he did do it but then made up another lie to cover it up. He lied and stated the State fans chanted that they killed his grandpa and he couldn't handle it and thats why he punched Hodge in the nuts. That was also confirmed a lie that it never happened. He also was punk at the end of the game after hitting a game winning shot he screamed at the State fans and taunted them along with laughing right at them.

Thats just one of the many stunts he pulled off when he was in college.

This kid has loads of talent but he always been immature punk. I would love to see him get a flagrant foul like the one Haywood did to Lebron. Just hate that kid. I'm actually hoping Avery gets them to committ a hard foul on him just like he has gotten the mavs to commit hard fouls on Manu and Tony.

Indazone
04-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Actually after the Hornets and the Jazz win, the Spurs have to take on the Hornets. I'm sure that the Lakers are gonna demolish the Nuggets so that means a second round series between the Lakers and the Jazz. So here's to Tony Parker and Manu taking CP3 to school.

oh and that's if they get past the Suns.

SpursDynasty
04-22-2008, 11:31 AM
DALLAS WILL WIN THIS SERIES. And this is coming from the biggest Mav hater around. Chris Paul is an idiot.

FNO. FCP. FTH.

Go Mavs Go. For now at least.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-22-2008, 11:36 AM
DALLAS WILL WIN THIS SERIES. And this is coming from the biggest Mav hater around. Chris Paul is an idiot.

FNO. FCP. FTH.

Oh shit what are you doing here?

monosylab1k
04-22-2008, 11:39 AM

FNO. FCP. FTH.

die.

Indazone
04-22-2008, 12:43 PM
die.

LOL Mavs are doomed now.

Spursdynasty just weighed in with his classic jinx post. LOL

mavsfan1000
04-22-2008, 12:52 PM
LOL Mavs are doomed now.

Spursdynasty just weighed in with his classic jinx post. LOL
Except the Spurs have won 4 championships. Spursdynasty isn't that bad. lol

jack sommerset
04-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Chris Paul reminds me of Chad Johnson of the NFL Bengals. Everyone thinks it "cute" refering to his arrogance, his competitive nature but after a few years its gets very annoying and people grow to hate them. They end up putting themselves before the team. I see Paul not winning shit in his carreer. Maybury was a bad ass too. You saw what happened to him. Noone wants to play with him.

Findog
04-22-2008, 12:56 PM

FNO. FCP. FTH.

Thanks for the kiss of death, Jeff. I guess I can start catching up on my netflix queue.

Cry Havoc
04-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Chris Paul reminds me of Chad Johnson of the NFL Bengals. Everyone thinks it "cute" refering to his arrogance, his competitive nature but after a few years its gets very annoying and people grow to hate them. Maybury was a bad ass too. You saw what happened to him. Noone wants to play with him.

Not cute. Understandable.

They end up putting themselves before the team. I see Paul not winning shit in his carreer.

Yeah, man, taking that Hornets team that wasn't expected to even make the playoffs to a #1 seed for nearly the entire season in the most loaded conference in NBA history is a surefire indication that he's bad for the teams he plays for. :rolleyes

Next up on Spurstalk: Criticizing players with over 10 dimes per game - Are they too selfish?

1Parker1
04-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Didn't Paul scream something similiar at Pop during a game against the Spurs this season??

1Parker1
04-22-2008, 02:59 PM
EDIT; Not neccesarily at Pop, but at the Spurs bench.

balli
04-22-2008, 03:03 PM
No you see, youre the racist one here. Why are you assuming that we are referring gangsters to black people only?? Just because I called Chris Paul a gangster doesnt necessarily mean Im only referring it to the black people. I've called many white players gangsters wannabe (Brad Miller). Youre the racist one here buddy not me.

Dude, I'm not going to get into a debate over this garbage. You are unintelligent. Quit calling NBA players you don't like "gangsters" & if you can't do that, just shut the fuck up in general.

thispego
04-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Who the fuck gives a shit about Paul it's DAVID WEST who should have all the Mav's fans pissed off. He COMEPLTELY direspected the mavs and the Reigning MVP. West should have been suspended for tonight games for making contact with an opponent after the whistle

Mavs<Spurs
04-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Paul is now better than Kidd by a lot.

Kidd is a better rebounder and a little better at the defensive end.
However, Kidd can't shoot at all.

Kidd should be a HOFer. Will Paul maintain this level of play for as long as Kidd has?

Trash talking is part of the game, whether we like it or not.

Game 1 was important for New Orleans' confidence.

Now, it will be difficult for the Mavs to win the series.

Hornets had a great road record, but they are young.

Game 2 is pretty much a must win for both teams.

:flag:

Tacker
04-22-2008, 03:59 PM

.............umm theres a reason why the nuggets are one of the worst defensive teams in the nba

Tacker
04-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Paul is now better than Kidd by a lot.

Kidd is a better rebounder and a little better at the defensive end.
However, Kidd can't shoot at all.

Shooting Guards are supposed to shoot
Point guards are supposed to hand out assists

Jason Kidd is a Point Guard

Case Closed

Cry Havoc
04-22-2008, 04:10 PM

Case Closed

Yes. Because when you're at the highest level of basketball in the world, you should only be able to do one thing well. In fact, it's BAD if a point guard can actually score... you wouldn't want him attempting to help his team other than by getting dimes, would you? :downspin:

Oh, and for the record:
2007-2008 season
Chris Paul - 11.6 assists per game.
Jason Kidd - 10.4 assists per game.

balli
04-22-2008, 04:29 PM

Case Closed

Are you simple or something? Autistic? I'd seriously like to know so I won't argue with or make fun of you in the future.

JamStone
04-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Shooting guards are supposed to shoot.

Point guards are supposed to point.

Small forwards are supposed to be small.

Centers are supposed to stay in the center. Why do they ever leave the half court circle?

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Does this mean that Ginobili can actually be the sixth man on the court for the Spurs now that he has that award?

Shank
04-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Who the fuck gives a shit about Paul it's DAVID WEST who should have all the Mav's fans pissed off. He COMEPLTELY direspected the mavs and the Reigning MVP. West should have been suspended for tonight games for making contact with an opponent after the whistle

Heywood has now set the standard for what you can do to take someone out with little/no penalty. Should be fun to see some full-on tackles out there now.

lefty
04-22-2008, 04:48 PM
I can't wait to meet the Hornets in the playoffs.

We are so going to kick their asses.

I hate Paul.

And David West is an overrated piece of shit.

Thy'll come down to Earth quickly, and it's gonna hurt.

I hope Mavs kick their asses and that Kobe wins MVP.
(I can't believe I just wrote that :wow)

thispego
04-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Heywood has now set the standard for what you can do to take someone out with little/no penalty. Should be fun to see some full-on tackles out there now.

yeah well ya'll need to get damp to lay the fuckin wood to david wests' bitch ass. kid got real full of himself real fast. Last year it was David West Who?

A.H 21-50
04-22-2008, 08:26 PM
The guy is showing why he talks a lot tonight

he plays very very well , it's just a game but i'm impressed by Paul

icem
04-22-2008, 08:28 PM
say what you want about paul, but anyone who thinks the hornets will be an easy out needs to put the pipe down.

TDMVPDPOY
04-22-2008, 08:48 PM
jkidd wheres the defense?

ShoogarBear
04-22-2008, 09:58 PM

FNO. FCP. FTH.

Congratulations on your sweep, New Orleans!

resistanze
04-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Paul is a fake midget.
[/thread]

DAINTX
04-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Actually, Paul is being kind. He is understating the fact. He should be saying, "He can't guard me, I can fuck him whenever I feel like it, and I can make him say he likes it!".

SpursDynasty
04-23-2008, 12:26 AM
All Chris Paul is doing in this series is getting his shots to go down. Anyone in the NBA can't get on a shooting streak. No talent required to do that.

Obstructed_View
04-23-2008, 12:28 AM
...and Chris would appear to be correct in his assertion.

sabar
04-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Josh Howard needs to wake up, Dallas needs to stop playing Nuggets-style defense and the Mavs need to bring that team back down to earth.

Findog
04-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Josh Howard needs to wake up, Dallas needs to stop playing Nuggets-style defense and the Mavs need to bring that team back down to earth.

Josh isn't asleep, he's just quit on his team. Ain't gonna happen.

SenorSpur
04-23-2008, 01:12 AM
You are right, CP3 is a superstar....he needs to act like one, and that goes for anyone. When you are as good as he is, and IMO he is the best at his position, you should let your game do the talking. You don't need to call attention to yourself, your game does that for you.

I agree completely.

However, remember that basketball is an EGO sport. To excel at that level you have to believe you're the best. When CP3 is "dressing down" a future HOFer like Kidd, it's got to be a greater feeling than sex. He's intoxicated with his skill and unfortunately it comes out with the "chest beating". We see it all the time. I'm not excusing CP, but perhaps when he's older and has had more success, he'll calm his act down.

SouthernFried
04-23-2008, 06:19 AM
Your either a humble person or your not. I've coached 14 yr olds that are great and humble, and I've seen 30 yr olds who are great and are jerks. You don't have to be cocky and have a swagger to be great. People are different. Some become more humble as they age, some don't. It is what it is.

CP3 is an incredible talent. Any team would love to have him. I haven't watched enough of him to know about his attitude. I prefer the low-keyed type over the braggart, but I think most people do. Since the 90's there has been a change in attitudes of basketball players, and mebbe all US sports. I don't personally like it, but more and more people do, and accept it. It is what it is. CP3 is just part of these times I guess.

There's also been more whining about the attitude changes. Bragging and whining, whining and bragging.

The 60's mantra has been amended in the last 20 yrs.

Sex, Drugs, rap, bragging and whining.

Think I'll move to Mars.

samikeyp
04-23-2008, 06:35 AM
I agree completely.

However, remember that basketball is an EGO sport. To excel at that level you have to believe you're the best. When CP3 is "dressing down" a future HOFer like Kidd, it's got to be a greater feeling than sex. He's intoxicated with his skill and unfortunately it comes out with the "chest beating". We see it all the time. I'm not excusing CP, but perhaps when he's older and has had more success, he'll calm his act down.

You have to believe you are the best but you don't have to run around telling everyone you are the best...that is where you let your game talk.

Shank
04-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Spurs sweep the Hornets

all cp3 needs is a good robert horry hip check

What's going to be amazing is when the Spurs hold CP3 to about 12/6 a game with players that may not be any more talented or more athletic than anyone on the Mavericks roster. All of us will ask - "well, why couldn't our team do that?". It's because our coaching staff is full of idiots and the players couldn't give a shit.

stretch
04-23-2008, 08:59 AM
What's going to be amazing is when the Spurs hold CP3 to about 12/6 a game with players that may not be any more talented or more athletic than anyone on the Mavericks roster. All of us will ask - "well, why couldn't our team do that?". It's because our coaching staff is full of idiots and the players couldn't give a shit.

couldn't agree more.

MajorMike
04-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Ya'll are getting pretty uppitty about Spurs owning NO. They did a pretty decent job against us during the year and even during the stretch run.

baseline bum
04-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Dallas looks like they've quit in this series. This thing is over. Hornets in 4.

monosylab1k
04-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Dallas looks like they've quit in this series.

You've got a team playing like they want to get their coach fired, and a coach acting like he wants to be fired.

JamStone
04-23-2008, 10:58 AM

Doubtful.

And, what if the Spurs do that and the Hornets still win?

SAGambler
04-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I think Dallas is done for the year. They act like they don't want it. Howard has all but disappeared on them.

But I also think the Spurs have the ability to lay it on NO and put CP3 in his place. Yes, he is a great point guard. Yes, he is quick and makes good decisions. But I think with a little adversity he can also be shaken and start losing it. And remember, we have a pretty good and tested little point guard ourselves. And the toughness to get through the finals. Remember, Parker is battle tested and Paul is not. The farther the playoffs go, the more pressure he is going to feel. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to it.

Actually I hope the Mavs get their act together for at least a couple of games, and put some rough play on the Hornets. Mavs aren't playing playoff type ball. They are being too soft on them. No hard fouls. Maybe that will change now that they are in front of their home crowd.

thispego
04-23-2008, 12:17 PM
All Chris Paul is doing in this series is getting his shots to go down. Anyone in the NBA can't get on a shooting streak. No talent required to do that.

:lmao

Obstructed_View
04-23-2008, 01:03 PM
I hope the Spurs take care of business in this round, because if last night's game is any indication, a Paul/Parker matchup would be epic.

mavs>spurs2
04-24-2008, 11:04 AM
for the record, atxcocker would take Brad Miller over Dirk so that shows what little basketball IQ he's got.

He also says Dirk is a choker and thinks Kevin Martin is a superstar.

Capt Bringdown
04-24-2008, 12:48 PM
I haven't seen CP play much, but the incident reported by the OP pales in comparison with the camera whore antics of Garnett and Kobe IMO.

MannyIsGod
04-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Man - I really don't know about the Spurs holding CP3 down at all excpet maybe in stretches. He's pretty fucking unguardable.