PDA

View Full Version : Blanco Road outside 1604

spurschick
04-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Is completely screwed right now. There was an accident directly in front of the Mays YMCA and they blocked off the entire road - no traffic allowed to move. I was able to park my car at a nearby school and walk over, but a cop said it would be another hour or two til they cleared everything and let traffic move again.

04-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Is completely screwed right now. There was an accident directly in front of the Mays YMCA and they blocked off the entire road - no traffic allowed to move. I was able to park my car at a nearby school and walk over, but a cop said it would be another hour or two til they cleared everything and let traffic move again.

You parked at Wilderness Oak ES and walked to Mays? That's a pretty good walk.

spurschick
04-21-2008, 08:01 PM
You parked at Wilderness Oak ES and walked to Mays? That's a pretty good walk.

It was either that or sit in my car with the engine running for who knows how long.

My neighbor just came home and said they've opened the road, but it's slow going.

04-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Still, that's a good walk. I live about a mile from Wilderness Oak and run that road.

I hate that hill on the way back from Blanco.

Twisted_Dawg
04-21-2008, 09:15 PM
There is an old Latin saying for those people that bought out there:
Caveat emptor....let the buyer beware.

macdude06
04-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Still, that's a good walk. I live about a mile from Wilderness Oak and run that road.

I hate that hill on the way back from Blanco.

i wonder if i have ever seen you running before??

i live right by the pool across wilderness oak and run down to golf canyon alot

CharlieMac
04-21-2008, 09:20 PM
There is an old Latin saying for those people that bought out there:
Caveat emptor....let the buyer beware.

I'll move back to living off MLK and Pecan Valley before I ever live anywhere near 1604.

04-21-2008, 09:31 PM
i wonder if i have ever seen you running before??

i live right by the pool across wilderness oak and run down to golf canyon alot

Could be, but I haven't been running for a few weeks due to a raging case of shin splints though.

I'm going to start training shortly for the SA marathon in November, so we may see each other.

I'll be the bald dude looking like he's in the final stages of hypoxia.

Sunshine
04-21-2008, 09:31 PM
I HATE HATE HATE that area. My sister lived in Timberwood Park wayyy back before any of that stretch of Blanco was developed. They moved primarily because of the development out there. The road does not support the number of people who live and work out there.

macdude06
04-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Could be, but I haven't been running for a few weeks due to a raging case of shin splints though.

I'm going to start training shortly for the SA marathon in November, so we may see each other.

I'll be the bald dude looking like he's in the final stages of hypoxia.

wha route do u run?

mrsmaalox
04-21-2008, 10:17 PM
That intersection at Huebner is terrible! But since the new Target opened at Stone Oak/281, I haven't had to venture out there in months!

Nbadan
04-21-2008, 10:25 PM
you can go Wilderness Oak to Hardy Oak to Stone Oak Parkway can't you?

mrsmaalox
04-21-2008, 10:30 PM
you can go Wilderness Oak to Hardy Oak to Stone Oak Parkway can't you?

Yep, you can even do Wilderness Oak to Canyon Golf to Stone Oak Parkway.

macdude06
04-21-2008, 10:31 PM
or wilderness oak to knights cross to stone oak

Sunshine
04-21-2008, 10:37 PM
That intersection at Huebner is terrible! But since the new Target opened at Stone Oak/281, I haven't had to venture out there in months!

Even though I hate that there is a big shopping center there, I love that I dont' have to get on 1604 to go to Target and other shops anymore.

mrsmaalox
04-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Even though I hate that there is a big shopping center there, I love that I dont' have to get on 1604 to go to Target and other shops anymore.

Oh I know! A few days ago I zipped over to Target for a new shower curtain liner and was back home in like 20 minutes, couldn't believe it. Just tonight my daughter was writing a paper and my printer was getting light, so I just took off to the Office Max there for some cartridges and got back home before the paper was done! That retail area has made a huge difference in my life.

Sunshine
04-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Oh I know! A few days ago I zipped over to Target for a new shower curtain liner and was back home in like 20 minutes, couldn't believe it. Just tonight my daughter was writing a paper and my printer was getting light, so I just took off to the Office Max there for some cartridges and got back home before the paper was done! That retail area has made a huge difference in my life.

A little off-subject, but what do you think about HEB building a new HEB Plus at Evans and abadoning the current store? I'm a little nervous about what could go in there.

mrsmaalox
04-22-2008, 08:51 AM
A little off-subject, but what do you think about HEB building a new HEB Plus at Evans and abadoning the current store? I'm a little nervous about what could go in there.

Well at this point, I'm pretty much existing for that new HEB! Our little, old one is just terrible! And for as long as old grocery stores remain vacant here, I'm also concerned. Someone (I don't remember who) told me they had heard a rumor that Home Depot would link the 2 buildings and open one of their Expo Design Centers. I don't know if they have those here in Texas, but I've been to them on the east coast and it's a pretty nice, upscale store.

Sunshine
04-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Well at this point, I'm pretty much existing for that new HEB! Our little, old one is just terrible! And for as long as old grocery stores remain vacant here, I'm also concerned. Someone (I don't remember who) told me they had heard a rumor that Home Depot would link the 2 buildings and open one of their Expo Design Centers. I don't know if they have those here in Texas, but I've been to them on the east coast and it's a pretty nice, upscale store.

Well, it's not as bad as some of the HEB's, but I agree, it's due for some expanding and updating. I dread trying to get in and out of it though. Hopefully there will be a grand masterplan design for traffic and parking.

That would be great if Home Depot did that. *fingers crossed*

Oh, don't forget to take 5 grocery bags today and get one of those green shopping bags free :tongue

remingtonbo2001
04-22-2008, 10:13 AM
I love the NW side of town.