PDA

View Full Version : Suns vs. Spurs Bullets (Henry Abbott True Hoop)

duncan228
04-21-2008, 07:52 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-32-82/Suns-vs--Spurs-Bullets.html

Suns vs. Spurs Bullets

Doug Haller of The Arizona Republic: "Mike D'Antoni didn't fully realize it until he looked at the game film. The Suns coach saw it on a couple defensive plays. Grant Hill was hurting. 'He kind of fooled me,' D'Antoni said before Sunday's practice at the AT&T Center. 'I'm going to have to talk with him a little bit. If he's hurting, he's got to tell.' Hill, 35, suffered a groin strain in March, aggravated it last week against Golden State and has yet to recover. Just when he feels fine, he tweaks it, which is what happened during the first quarter of Saturday's 117-115 double-overtime loss to the Spurs.'Throughout the course of the game, it started to wear on me,' Hill said."

Paul Coro of the The Arizona Republic: "The debate of whether the Suns should foul in the final seconds with a 3-point lead or try to defend the 3-point shot raged on today. Apparently, Suns coach Mike D'Antoni caught wind of how many fans assailed his choice not to foul. Or if he didn't know about the postgame radio show or the message boards, he was hearing the questions about it today and defended it. Here is a sample of what he said: 'It's tough. Some players might be able to do it. Some teams might be able to do it. There are some situations that are easier. If there is three or four seconds left and they're taking in an inbounds, you foul immediately. OK, I can understand that. But when they've got the ball with 12 seconds, what do you foul right then and then they're going to foul you and it becomes free throw shooting and you also open yourself up to losing the game. It's just not in our nature.'"

Related to that point, this is a quote from a Jack McCallum Sports Illustrated article about last shots, published last week: "If you're up three, should you deliberately foul to avoid a potential game-tying three-pointer? And no matter what the score is, should you stick with your defensive principles or try to scheme the play, perhaps with a matchup zone? There are no absolutes, but in general NBA teams do not foul and do not use gimmicks. 'Guys in our league get shots off too quickly to deliberately foul,' says an Eastern Conference coach. 'You don't want to put the decision on whether or not a guy was shooting in the hands of a ref. They love to call continuation.'"

TrueHoop reader Isaac: "Watching the games between these two teams is becoming increasingly frustrating. To be fair, I hate the Spurs, and I feel like something is wrong with the world if they win yet another series against the Suns. I don't like the Suns for any reason other than they are enjoyable to watch and I feel that on some level they 'deserve' to win. On to my frustration: the Spurs are huge babies. This applies to Popovich, Duncan, and seemingly every other player on the court. Duncan has his Duncan Face everytime he doesn't get a call. Ginobli lays out every single play that he is even slightly touched as if he is in a soccer match. Oberto definitely does a lot of acting to get Shaq in foul trouble each time these teams play. The trend I've seen is really disturbing though. The players and Popovich complain to the refs in the opening quarter and it seems to make the refs subconsciously favor the Spurs on the calls from then on out. Don't the league execs heavily monitor these games to ensure that the refs are calling the games right? At this point doesn't someone have to crack down on all the bs that the Spurs players employ in order to get cheap fouls called in their favor. These games are all unequivocally amazing to watch and they get ruined because of ridiculous foul calls." UPDATE: I know a lot of people are fired up about this comment, and take is as some evidence that I am a Spurs-basher. Isaac is a Spurs basher, perhaps. Me! No. Honestly, I hate no NBA team, and have particular respect for the Spurs, whom I have lauded again and again as a role model franchise. Off the top of my head, and this. I could go on and on. So why include this? Because it's indicative of the way a lot of people think. Isaac speaks for thousands, and there's no point in pretending it ain't so. You might read that and decide the Spurs are whiners, or you might read that and decide Suns fans are whiners. Or maybe something in between. Up to you. But please don't read that and decide I have some agenda, other than to talk basketball the smartest way I know how. Also -- I'm one of the only sportswriters out there who will actually tell you if I'm rooting hard for a team! No need to be suspicious.

TrueHoop reader Tim emails: "In the half court, if Duncan continues to get the ball with low position, rather than 12 feet from the hoop, Phoenix has a nightmare on its hands. Shaq and Stoudemire will be in constant foul trouble. When Duncan fronts from 12 feet, O'Neal does a fair job on him, but on the block he'll lose. The Stoudemire/O'Neal block count is deceiving -- typically the block Duncan from their athleticism and not from good position. Most of the time Duncan turns them every which way. Stoudemire is always playing D with his arms and hops and never with his head or legs; O'Neal gives good effort but doesn't move as well as he used to. The refs will be big in every game of this series. Having said that, Phoenix should be optimistic. They should just play their game and hope their bigs stay out of foul trouble and that their coach can clean up the mental goofs. They played a better game the first time around. ... And did you see that Ian Mahinmi killed in the D-League semi-finals? Small thing, but Austin looks like the favorites to win the title. The Spurs have an obsession with winning. Mahinmi's game is much like Stoudemire's -- he's a human pogo stick. Catch, bounce, dunk. Obviously he doesn't have the same ceiling, but he could be a quality rim-attacking rotational big in the not too distant future. That 2005 draft might produce 15 or so legit NBA players, with a few superstars. Good draft."
Buck Harvey of the San Antonio Express-News on Tim Duncan's three-pointer: "If the Spurs go on to lose this series, Duncan's I-just-threw-it-up-there shot will only suggest they should have lost the series earlier. If the Spurs go on to win, then someone will make a few bucks off a revised greatest-hits DVD. Saturday will become part of a stirring series of shots, and, for those who remember the way it used to be, this is some change for the Spurs."

Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News: "Suns center Shaquille O'Neal won't be adjusting his style of play in hopes of avoiding the early foul trouble that limited him to 30 minutes and 20 seconds in Saturday's double-overtime Game 1 of the Spurs-Suns Western Conference first-round series. 'I ain't changing nothing,' O'Neal said Sunday morning. 'I've got 700 days left (on his contract), and I ain't changing a (expletive) thing. Screw that. I got four (rings) doing it my way, and I'm going to continue doing it my way.' O'Neal was still angry Sunday that he had been called for three offensive fouls on what he said were 'flops' by Spurs players. He praised the physical inside play of Spurs power forward Tim Duncan, then promised he would not resort to flopping in hopes of drawing fouls on the Spurs' star."

Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel: "During his Heat tenure, it was one of the things that so frustrated when it came to O'Neal, the refusal to adjust to such situations. By now, every team has a mosquito in the lane, wanting nothing more than to draw contact from O'Neal and the David-vs.-Goliath call that comes every time. To play the blame game, challenge the opponent's manliness, only ducks the issue. It's like those Old Spice deodorant commercials: 'Flopping. Is it right for me?' Answer: 'Yes, Andres, it's right for you.' 'Yes, Kurt, it's right for you.' 'Yes, Argentine guy with the ponytail, it's right for you.' Enough with the excuses. They didn't play well in South Florida during the playoffs. They won't play well in Phoenix. Greatness finds a way. 'I'm not going to change my game,' O'Neal said after Game 1 of Suns-Spurs, 'so hopefully they let me play.' More likely, he'll again be forced to pay."

Scott Bordow of the East Valley Tribune: "The sun came up Sunday morning. The Suns? Yeah, they got up too, although some were more well rested than others. 'We've lost tough games like that before in our career,' Grant Hill said. 'There's nothing we can do about it now. Just learn from it and move on.' Suns coach Mike D'Antoni wasn't quite as pragmatic. He spent much of Saturday night tossing and turning, replaying the plays and decisions that didn't go Phoenix's way in Game 1. Sunday was his day 'of mourning.' 'By Tuesday I'll flush it away, but I'm dying right now,' D'Antoni said."

DespЏrado
04-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I hate the Spurs, and I feel like something is wrong with the world if they win yet another series against the Suns. I don't like the Suns for any reason other than they are enjoyable to watch and I feel that on some level they 'deserve' to win. On to my frustration: the Spurs are huge babies.

And this describes exactly why suns fans (the bad ones) are so hated around here.

1) A sense of entitlement
2) Not knowing why they root for the Suns
3) Little knowledge of the game and what it takes to win.
4) Not knowing the difference between working the refs while the game is played and in the media.
5) Not seeing the traits in your own team that you supposedly detest in your opponent.

boutons_
04-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Spurs PF 30 - 27.

2 key Spurs fouled oul

Where's the favoritism towards the Spurs?

Like Oberto, Shaq and Amare commit stupid fouls, always have, always will. Suckering them, not FORCING them, to commit stupid fouls is part of the game.

When the Spurs win this series, the Suns/fans will absolutely not accept the results.

PlayoffEx-static
04-21-2008, 09:15 PM
The sun came up Sunday morning. The Suns? Yeah, they got up too, although some were more well rested than others. 'We've lost tough games like that before in our career,' Grant Hill said.
In your career, Grant? That's BEEN your career...first round bustouts.

BonnerDynasty
04-21-2008, 09:36 PM
And this describes exactly why suns fans (the bad ones) are so hated around here.

4) Not knowing the difference between working the refs while the game is played and in the media.
5) Not seeing the traits in your own team that you supposedly detest in your opponent.

dead on.

statman32
04-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Spurs PF 30 - 27.

2 key Spurs fouled oul

Where's the favoritism towards the Spurs?

Like Oberto, Shaq and Amare commit stupid fouls, always have, always will. Suckering them, not FORCING them, to commit stupid fouls is part of the game.

When the Spurs win this series, the Suns/fans will absolutely not accept the results.

There was no favoritism towards the refs in Game 1. The refs were equally as bad for both teams. In the past they might have a complaint but nothing that they didnt have a chance to overcome.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 09:47 PM

1) :rolleyes

2) This ones just funny. I think everyone knows why they root for the Suns. Probably because they play the best brand of basketball on the planet. Do you like how people are saying this could be the best first round seires EVER? Suns fans have already experienced this in their series vs. the Lakers. Its no coincidence that two Suns games this year cracked the top five of ESPN's most watched basketball games.

The better question is why would anyone living outside of San Antonio root for the Spurs? My only guess is that they are foreign and cheer for one of the Spurs' foreign players.

3) Ah yes, the "only people in San Antonio understand basketball" argument. Nice arrogance. Everyone else is wrong and you are right.

4) Funny. "Working the refs". Is that what you call it? Everyone else calls it WHINING. But, again, everyone else is wrong and you are right.

5) This is probably true for all teams, but you guys are the best example. Calling the Suns whiners when you have Tim Duncan on your team. Calling teams classless when you have Robert Horry on your team. Calling team floppers when you have the guy who's synonymous with flopping:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=mun&q=%22Ginobili+flops%22&btnG=Search

Try finding someone with more google hits.

Saying that the Spurs are boring because they don't have "rappers" when you have Tony Parker on your team.

BonnerDynasty
04-21-2008, 09:51 PM
2) This ones just funny. I think everyone knows why they root for the Suns. Probably because they play the best brand of basketball on the planet. Do you like how people are saying this could be the best first round seires EVER? Suns fans have already experienced this in their series vs. the Lakers. Its no coincidence that two Suns games this year cracked the top five of ESPN's most watched basketball games.

I thought the Suns changed their game though? The game is not really fast tempo when you guys play the Spurs anyways???

wtf does google hits prove lmfffao. Are you seriously trying to say the vocal masses have intelligence?

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 09:53 PM
I thought the Suns changed their game though?

wtf does google hits prove lmfffao.

Who says the Suns changed their game?

And the hits show that its common knowledge Ginobili is, BY FAR, the biggest flopper in the game.

EDIT: You added on "you think the vocal masses have intelligence?"

This goes back to the "everyone else is wrong and we're right" cliche. Whats next? Are you going to point out how people watch "American Idol"? Thats usually what follows.

DDS4
04-21-2008, 10:14 PM

:rolleyes:rolleyes

"Suns play the best brand of basketball on the planet." That's a highly subjective and homerish statement to make. I would counter that the Spurs have a pretty good brand of their own with their ball movement on offense that begins with the best PF of all time, and the best defensive rotations/help defense in the NBA. You do know basketball is 50% defense right?

The better question is why would anyone living outside of San Antonio root for the Spurs? My only guess is that they are foreign and cheer for one of the Spurs' foreign players.

I don't live in San Antonio. I live in Northern California. I root for them because they play unselfish basketball and they best exemplify team. If you've played organized basketball in any capacity, you appreciate what the Spurs do from near or far.

3) Ah yes, the "only people in San Antonio understand basketball" argument. Nice arrogance. Everyone else is wrong and you are right.

His statement was blanket. So was yours.

4) Funny. "Working the refs". Is that what you call it? Everyone else calls it WHINING. But, again, everyone else is wrong and you are right.

Blanket statement again. All teams are guilty of whining to the refs. All teams have floppers (take note Shaq).

5) This is probably true for all teams, but you guys are the best example. Calling the Suns whiners when you have Tim Duncan on your team. Calling teams classless when you have Robert Horry on your team. Calling team floppers when you have the guy who's synonymous with flopping:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=mun&q=%22Ginobili+flops%22&btnG=Search

Try finding someone with more google hits.

Saying that the Spurs are boring because they don't have "rappers" when you have Tony Parker on your team.

Point me to an instance where the Spurs players or their coaches (not their fans) have complained PUBLICALLY to the media that the opposing team has "floppers that prevailed" (Shaq)? Or, they're a "better team (D'antoni)," or plays "dirty" (Stoudamire). And guess what? Suns fans eat this shit up and treat it as gospel.

IMO, the only classy guy on the Suns is Nash. He's very humble and calls it like it is through the media. His teammates surely don't follow him in that regard like they do on the court.

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Who says the Suns changed their game?

And the hits show that its common knowledge Ginobili is, BY FAR, the biggest flopper in the game.

EDIT: You added on "you think the vocal masses have intelligence?"

This goes back to the "everyone else is wrong and we're right" cliche. Whats next? Are you going to point out how people watch "American Idol"? Thats usually what follows.

Were...Were you frequently dropped on the head as a child, or are you just the reason why some people need to be sterilized?

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 10:40 PM
1) :rolleyes:rolleyes

2) "Suns play the best brand of basketball on the planet." That's a highly subjective and homerish statement to make. I would counter that the Spurs have a pretty good brand of their own with their ball movement on offense that begins with the best PF of all time, and the best defensive rotations/help defense in the NBA. You do know basketball is 50% defense right?

3) I don't live in San Antonio. I live in Northern California. I root for them because they play unselfish basketball and they best exemplify team. If you've played organized basketball in any capacity, you appreciate what the Spurs do from near or far.

4) His statement was blanket. So was yours.

5) Blanket statement again. All teams are guilty of whining to the refs. All teams have floppers (take note Shaq).

6) Point me to an instance where the Spurs players or their coaches (not their fans) have complained PUBLICALLY to the media that the opposing team has "floppers that prevailed" (Shaq)? Or, they're a "better team (D'antoni)," or plays "dirty" (Stoudamire). And guess what? Suns fans eat this shit up and treat it as gospel.

IMO, the only classy guy on the Suns is Nash. He's very humble and calls it like it is through the media. His teammates surely don't follow him in that regard like they do on the court.

1) :rolleyes ^ :rolleyes

2) The Spurs "Ball movement" generates a moderate assist ratio at best. Teams with a better assist ratio include Suns, Jazz, Lakers, Detroit, Toronto, Boston, Denver and New Jersey.

In fact, they're currently LAST of the sixteen teams in the playoffs:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats?sort=ast&league=nba

Great "ball movement." :rolleyes

3) Agreed.

4) Agreed. He shouldn't use so many blanket statements.

5) Every team has floppers, but the Ginobili is the epitome of flopping. Say the word "flopper" and who comes to mind? Spurs fans have a lot of nerve accusing any player from any team of flopping.

6) "FIBA Sucks".....I win. :lol

O-Factor
04-21-2008, 10:43 PM

:lol Only 2??? I attribut that to who they were playing. What argument are you even making here? Still bitter I see.

We really don't care. We win. Thats all that matters. I guess once you lose and lose and lose, your attacks on a winning, better, more respected team become more asinine year after year

3)
Ah yes, the "only people in San Antonio understand basketball" argument. Nice arrogance. Everyone else is wrong and you are right.

Another asinine comment. There is no elitist attitude here. Just the sense to call bullshit when bullshit is posted. No, there are people all over the nation that enjoy this game and understand what it takes to win. But there are ALOT of suns fans disallusioned with the fact there team has not been good enough to win a championship. So they blame everything, every ref, make ridiculous conspiracy theories and what not. You all want a championship GIVEN, not one EARNED.

Working the refs is blaming them AFTER the game. Not pleading your case during the game. AFTER, much like your coach, shaq and company have been doing. Trying to put pressure on them so that they can get unfair calls in the next game. You never see the Spurs attack the refs publicly. Too classy for that.

The Suns are all of the above. Believe it. Nash is the best flopper in the league also.

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 10:43 PM
If you look in a dictionary of metaphors, d_s_f's picture is next to "The pot calling the kettle black." Strangely enough, the same picture can be found next to the definitions in a standard dictionary for "fuckwit", "obnoxious", and "inane."

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 10:48 PM
:lol

1) Only 2??? I attribut that to who they were playing. What argument are you even making here? Still bitter I see.

2) We really don't care. We win. Thats all that matters. I guess once you lose and lose and lose, your attacks on a winning, better, more respected team become more asinine year after year

3) Another asinine comment. There is no elitist attitude here. Just the sense to call bullshit when bullshit is posted. No, there are people all over the nation that enjoy this game and understand what it takes to win. But there are ALOT of suns fans disallusioned with the fact there team has not been good enough to win a championship. So they blame everything, every ref, make ridiculous conspiracy theories and what not. You all want a championship GIVEN, not one EARNED.

4) Working the refs is blaming them AFTER the game. Not pleading your case during the game. AFTER, much like your coach, shaq and company have been doing. Trying to put pressure on them so that they can get unfair calls in the next game. You never see the Spurs attack the refs publicly. Too classy for that.

5) The Suns are all of the above. Believe it. Nash is the best flopper in the league also.

1) Funny that the only two games to crack the top five this season (you do realize Im talking ALL TIME on ESPN) both featured the Suns. What an amazing coincidence! Dumbass.

2) You (all) really don't care yet devote endless threads to why everyone is wrong and the Spurs arent boring.

3) There are people all over the nation that watch the Spurs? Not during the finals!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings

The Spurs currently own the first, second and third worst rated finals in league history. That must be another coincidence, though, right?

4) "FIBA Sucks"

Too easy!

5) Not according to google! :lol

Strike
04-21-2008, 10:50 PM

I'm not a foreigner. I was born in this country but outside San Antonio. I'm a Spurs fan because they are a team, not just 12 players cashing a paycheck. You can have the flash and flair if you want. But what has it gained the city of Phoenix and Suns fans around the country besides disappointing shortcomings?

I've been a Spurs fan for 20 years because of their ideals and philosophy. And I will continue to be a Spurs fan as long as that doesn't change.

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I'm from Chicago, and I like the Spurs. Granted, I lived in SA for two years, but I liked the Spurs before I moved down there, shit, before I found out I was gonna move down there. Stupid troll.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm not a foreigner. I was born in this country but outside San Antonio. I'm a Spurs fan because they are a team, not just 12 players cashing a paycheck. You can have the flash and flair if you want. But what has it gained the city of Phoenix and Suns fans around the country besides disappointing shortcomings?

I've been a Spurs fan for 20 years because of their ideals and philosophy. And I will continue to be a Spurs fan as long as that doesn't change.

LMAO! The guy who claims he loves the Spurs for their "ideals" has an embedded video of Horry's dirty hipcheck.

Im sure youre a class-less punk just like Horry. No wonder YOU like the Spurs.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I'm from Chicago, and I like the Spurs. Granted, I lived in SA for two years, but I liked the Spurs before I moved down there, shit, before I found out I was gonna move down there. Stupid troll.

So you lived in San Antonio but like the Spurs before then?

:rolleyes

Hey I can't disprove that. But I can prove that the Spurs were the least watched team in NBA finals history. Not many people outside San Antonio even know who the Spurs are.

Even with Eva's latest help. :lol

Strike
04-21-2008, 10:55 PM
If Horry was still a Sun and did that to Ginobili or Bowen, you'd love it.

By the way, the reason I have that in my sig is two reasons...

One: it embodies the Suns every time they face the Spurs: OWNED.
Two: It's just damn funny.

Strike
04-21-2008, 10:56 PM

Hey I can't disprove that. But I can prove that the Spurs were the least watched team in NBA finals history. Not many people outside San Antonio even know who the Spurs are.

Wow. Ratings. Good thing you've got that card to play, otherwise you'd have nothing.

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 10:57 PM

Again, with the exception of the *2 years* I lived in SA, I've been in the Chicago area, which, this June, will be 18 years of living in and around Chicago. Was I a Bulls fan during their dynasty days? Hell, yes, I was. But that didn't stop me from liking the Spurs.

Xylus
04-21-2008, 10:58 PM
I hate the Spurs, and I feel like something is wrong with the world if they win yet another series against the Suns. I don't like the Suns for any reason other than they are enjoyable to watch and I feel that on some level they 'deserve' to win. On to my frustration: the Spurs are huge babies.
I thought it was pretty obvious that this statement wasn't written by a Suns fan. :rolleyes

Amuseddaysleeper
04-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Xylus, props on you stepping up on that other Suns board. I might be a little late, and not sure if you saw the thread on here that gave you props in it, but that was good stuff on your part :tu

random, I know

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 11:00 PM
If Horry was still a Sun and did that to Ginobili or Bowen, you'd love it.

By the way, the reason I have that in my sig is two reasons...

One: it embodies the Suns every time they face the Spurs: OWNED.
Two: It's just damn funny.

Actually no. When Raja dragged down Kobe, I was pissed at Raja. Not just because he got himself suspended, but because it was stupid and childish.

This is just the difference between people like you and me. I have class.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-21-2008, 11:01 PM
da suns fan, who do you like better

Duncan or Ginobili?

Strike
04-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Actually no. When Raja dragged down Kobe, I was pissed at Raja. Not just because he got himself suspended, but because it was stupid and childish.

Really? I couldn't see it underneathing your whining and conspiracy theories.

Xylus
04-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Xylus, props on you stepping up on that other Suns board. I might be a little late, and not sure if you saw the thread on here that gave you props in it, but that was good stuff on your part :tu

random, I know

Thanks man, I appreciate that :tu

By the way, what thread was this? :lol

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 11:03 PM

:depressed I must need my eyes checked. I didn't see anything as clear as whining or conspiracy theories. All I see when I read d_s_f's post is a thick haze of delusion and stupidity.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-21-2008, 11:05 PM
let me see if I can find.

I think the search is down which sucks, but someone linked to a thread on one of the other Suns board, and people over there were calling you and JMarkJohns out for posting on here, and you dished that shit right back at them, which was awesome.

I'll do my best to find the thread. A couple of Spurs fans were giving you props.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 11:05 PM
da suns fan, who do you like better

Duncan or Ginobili?

Duncan. But I don't hate Ginobili either unless he's playing the Suns.

We've played this game before.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 11:06 PM

What conspiracy theories? I never said there was a conspiracy against the Suns.

What else you got?

O-Factor
04-21-2008, 11:08 PM
1) Funny that the only two games to crack the top five this season (you do realize Im talking ALL TIME on ESPN) both featured the Suns. What an amazing coincidence! Dumbass.

2) You (all) really don't care yet devote endless threads to why everyone is wrong and the Spurs arent boring.

3) There are people all over the nation that watch the Spurs? Not during the finals!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Basketball_Association_Nielsen_ratings

The Spurs currently own the first, second and third worst rated finals in league history. That must be another coincidence, though, right?

4) "FIBA Sucks"

Too easy!

5) Not according to google! :lol

Your obsession with ratings is fucking hilarious. We have said time and time again. WE DONT GIVE A FUCK! We care about Championships. Like posting that we get bad ratings is going to rain on our parade or make us feel bad after we've won championship after championship after championship after championship. We are champions. Get over it. Love it. Something your casual fan ignorant ass will never experience.

O-Factor
04-21-2008, 11:11 PM

The difference is Kobe didn't flop and Nash did. Really selling a hipcheck that was nothing more than a tap really.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Your obsession with ratings is fucking hilarious. We have said time and time again. WE DONT GIVE A FUCK! We care about Championships. Like posting that we get bad ratings is going to rain on our parade or make us feel bad after we've won championship after championship after championship after championship. We are champions. Get over it. Love it. Something your casual fan ignorant ass will never experience.

All evidence on this board says you do!:lol

GaryJohnston
04-21-2008, 11:14 PM
This da_suns_fan kid is easily the worst Suns poster/troll I've seen on this board.

More Suns fans should be like Xylus

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 11:14 PM

Ok, I don't know if anyone mentioned this to you, but there is a difference between irritation-to-disguise-tremendous-amounts-of-give-a-fuck, and irritation-at-constant-and-neverending-stupidity.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
This da_suns_fan kid is easily the worst Suns poster/troll I've seen on this board.

More Suns fans should be like Xylus

More Spurs fans should be like Amuseddaysleeper.

O-Factor
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM

Really? What evidence? What part of "I don't give a fuck about ratings only championships" did your ignorant ass not understand troll?

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: > Ratings

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Really? What evidence? What part of "I don't give a fuck about ratings only championships" did your ignorant ass not understand troll?

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: > Ratings

Yet you and ATRAIN are the two Spurs posters who have defended the Spurs against the boring label more than anyone.

You obviously care or you wouldn't have posted. If you didn't care, you would just say "I could care less about ratings". Instead you scream on and on (I DON'T GIVE A FUCK, WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!!!)

Its kind of like Pops comments about not repeating ("I don't give a shit"). His answer gives away the fact that he feels exactly the opposite of what he's saying.

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Yet you and ATRAIN are the two Spurs posters who have defended the Spurs against the boring label more than anyone.

You obviously care or you wouldn't have posted. If you didn't care, you would just say "I could care less about ratings". Instead you scream on and on (I DON'T GIVE A FUCK, WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!!!)

Its kind of like Pops comments about not repeating ("I don't give a shit"). His answer gives away the fact that he feels exactly the opposite of what he's saying.

[img]http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/Demotivators/failu
...You know what? No. You're not worth the DVD rewinder picture.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 11:23 PM
[img]http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/Demotivators/failu
...You know what? No. You're not worth the DVD rewinder picture.

ShagiaFrost: The master of Ad hominem.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Ah...Findog has shown up.

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 11:24 PM
ShagiaFrost: The master of Ad hominem.

I'd rather be that than being the master of obnoxious douchefuckery.

Xylus
04-21-2008, 11:26 PM
da_suns_fan and I disagree somewhat often, but he makes some good points sometimes, and he's pretty funny, too. :lol

DSF annoys the shit out of you guys, but there was definitely a DSF-shaped hole in his absence.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 11:27 PM
I'd rather be that than being the master of obnoxious douchefuckery.

I thought I was "the cancer that was killing SpursTalk?"

That one was much more clever.

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 11:29 PM
I thought I was "the cancer that was killing SpursTalk?"

That one was much more clever.

Link? I don't recall using that phrase, though, it's entirely possible. And, please, don't give me too much credit. That, like most internet memes, is extremely formulaic. Easy to use, versatile, and adaptable to almost any situtation, but sadly formulaic.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 11:29 PM
da_suns_fan and I disagree somewhat often, but he makes some good points sometimes, and he's pretty funny, too. :lol

DSF annoys the shit out of you guys, but there was definitely a DSF-shaped hole in his absence.

:toast

Im always here in spirit. However, Ive tried to stay away and actually focus on work when Im at work.

Findog
04-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Ah...Findog has shown up.

Hello DSF. Good luck to your team in the playoffs. Please curbstomp Chris Paul and David West for me.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Link? I don't recall using that phrase, though, it's entirely possible. And, please, don't give me too much credit. That, like most internet memes, is extremely formulaic. Easy to use, versatile, and adaptable to almost any situtation, but sadly formulaic.

You know what? I think thats my mistake. I believe it was Soul Patch.

Mister Sinister
04-21-2008, 11:33 PM
You know what? I think thats my mistake. I believe it was Soul Patch.

I have no idea. The only reason I think it may have been me is because AFAIK, that meme originated on 4chan, and I have their comics/cartoons board as my home page, so...Yeah.

da_suns_fan
04-21-2008, 11:34 PM
Hello DSF. Good luck to your team in the playoffs. Please curbstomp Chris Paul and David West for me.

:wow

Can't....post...anymore......killed......with..... .kindness.

DSF out.

O-Factor
04-21-2008, 11:39 PM
:wow

DSF out.

Okay Seacrest.

ATRAIN
04-21-2008, 11:53 PM

Your gone for a long time and then you come back and bring up my name. Its obvious that you love how I taste because my NUTS are still in your mouth. You are pathetic just like your sorry ass team. Just like the way most of your fans are obsessed with the Spurs, its funny how your still obsessed with Ofactor and myself. As always, your arguments are weak and all you will ever have is THE SPURS ARE BORING and don't bring in the ratings. When are you going to get it through your head, ratings don't matter. This is the goal :lobt:, BOTTOM line and guess what, we have 4 you have a big fat ZERO!!

JMarkJohns
04-23-2008, 11:52 AM
let me see if I can find.

I think the search is down which sucks, but someone linked to a thread on one of the other Suns board, and people over there were calling you and JMarkJohns out for posting on here, and you dished that shit right back at them, which was awesome.

I'll do my best to find the thread. A couple of Spurs fans were giving you props.

So... they mock/dislike those of us who post here why?

JMarkJohns
04-23-2008, 12:02 PM
So... they mock/dislike those of us who post here why?

Nevermind... I read it. LMAO!!!

I'd like to know who here thinks I'm a kiss ass. Just for the record.

Should have guessed that many in that forum would have a problem with fans telling it like it is. Bitches...

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Nevermind... I read it. LMAO!!!

I'd like to know who here thinks I'm a kiss ass. Just for the record.

Should have guessed that many in that forum would have a problem with fans telling it like it is. Bitches...

You're not a kissass

fuckhole

JMarkJohns
04-23-2008, 12:07 PM
You're like a more profane version of the annoying, "Jackass" spouting crazed fan from Happy Gilmore.

Maybe if you do it as often as he did I'll gain that all important and Suns fan affirming street cred from PHXsuns.net.

I *sniffle* would *sniffle* be *sniffle* just so damn happy!

ATRAIN
04-23-2008, 12:56 PM
SO where is da_suns_fan now, in hiding again like the little bitch that he is?

DarrinS
04-23-2008, 01:04 PM
To be fair, I hate the Spurs, and I feel like something is wrong with the world if they win yet another series against the Suns:cry. I don't like the Suns for any reason other than they are enjoyable to watch and I feel that on some level they 'deserve' to win . On to my frustration: the Spurs are huge babies. This applies to Popovich, Duncan, and seemingly every other player on the court. Duncan has his Duncan Face everytime he doesn't get a call. Ginobli lays out every single play that he is even slightly touched as if he is in a soccer match. Oberto definitely does a lot of acting to get Shaq in foul trouble each time these teams play.