PDA

View Full Version : Barkley: Lakers and Jazz, best teams in West

Xylus
04-21-2008, 11:41 PM
What say you?

I'm sorry, but after watching the Suns and Spurs go at each other on Saturday, I'm still of the opinion that the winner of this series will take the West. The Lakers looked very beatable against the Nuggets, and the Jazz didn't look so hot, either, against a Yao-less and Rafer-less Rocket squad.

statman32
04-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Its Barkley what do you expect. Hes easily influenced by them beating lower level opponents.

ShoogarBear
04-21-2008, 11:42 PM
The Jazz are a pathetic road team. No way they win the West.

Shaolin-Style
04-21-2008, 11:44 PM
I bet the Hornets fans are mad.

Strike
Barkley is entertaining but doesn't seem to have anything to offer in the way of intelligence.

I tire of him talking about how things are "turrble" and what it takes for teams to win a "champiship".

ducks
be intersting to see what he says tomorrow

MaNu4Tres
Jazz have basically the same team as last year. For Kenny and Charles to say this is a different team because they are mentally tough for going into Houston and taking two games is hilarious. Lakers Spurs and the Suns are the obvious favorites in my eyes.

Shaolin-Style
04-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Nevermind the fact the Jazz got routed in the final reg season game.

They "tanked" that though. Of course its hip to note our regular season records when it comes to predictions, but not the other way around.

DAF86
04-21-2008, 11:48 PM
Barkley is entertaining but doesn't seem to have anything to offer in the way of intelligence.

I tire of him talking about how things are "turrble" and what it takes for teams to win a "champiship".

In terms of BB knowledge I think he's one of the best, but I don't agree with him on this one. To me the Suns and the Spurs'd beat the Jazz in a series.

ducks
04-21-2008, 11:48 PM
would not suprise me if barkely says spurs are the best team tomorrow if spurs win tomorrow

BonnerDynasty
04-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Two most rested fo sho.

DazedAndConfused
04-22-2008, 12:04 AM
It makes the most sense when you think about it. PHX and SAS will probably go the distance and the winner of that series will prob. go the distance again against NOH/DAL. I predict the Lakers beat the Nuggz in 4-5 and then beat the Jazz in 5-6, they will be very fresh coming into the WCF should they make it.

This is not to mention Trevor Ariza making his return and an outside possibility of Bynum making a comeback.

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2008, 12:15 AM
an outside possibility of Bynum making a comeback.

I thought that was a certainty -- and a certainty several weeks ago, particularly according to a poster whose name rhymes with Mazed and Defused.

Cry Havoc
04-22-2008, 12:35 AM
I thought that was a certainty -- and a certainty several weeks ago, particularly according to a poster whose name rhymes with Mazed and Defused.

Didn't that same user post that he or she guaranteed Bynum was ahead of schedule and would be back before the end of the regular season?

SpurOutofTownFan
04-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Barkley saying this is a good thing for the Spurs

Elraptor
04-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Oh that's just Barkley being Barkley :lol

bdictjames
04-22-2008, 10:14 AM
I dont see the Jazz as a title contender at all.

ancestron
04-22-2008, 10:26 AM
would not suprise me if barkely says spurs are the best team tomorrow if spurs win tomorrow

thats what I think. Barkley just says shit to fill time. He did give a big "GINOBILI!" last night, though.

K-State Spur
04-22-2008, 10:28 AM
i can see why everybody likes the Lakers - even if I don't completely agree with them.

but while the Jazz look good on paper - they went 17-24 on the road! the Pacers almost matched that mark.

TampaDude
What say you?

I'm sorry, but after watching the Suns and Spurs go at each other on Saturday, I'm still of the opinion that the winner of this series will take the West. The Lakers looked very beatable against the Nuggets, and the Jazz didn't look so hot, either, against a Yao-less and Rafer-less Rocket squad.

+1 The winner of this series will win the West. Book it.

easjer
I disagree, but as soon as he finished talking, I turned to SFIE and said that I bet tomorrow (tonight now) he would be praising Spurs/Suns and NO, and talking about how whoever wins our series will go on to win the West. He plays to the audience he thinks is watching.

Allanon
04-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Barkley has said all year that Utah was the best team in the West or something like that...he's just sticking to his guns.

I know it sounds ridiculous but one of the things that Utah has done well is beat opponents by wide margins. I think they were #2 or #3 in winning point differential during the season. Translated it pretty much means they blow out teams regularly.

As for the Lakers, there's not much to argue against them being best in the West.

Top 3 teams in the west: Lakers, Spurs, Mavs

Top team in Spurs/Suns Matchup: Suns (Suns are good against the Spurs but not great against any other West team)

statman32
04-22-2008, 12:46 PM
I disagree, but as soon as he finished talking, I turned to SFIE and said that I bet tomorrow (tonight now) he would be praising Spurs/Suns and NO, and talking about how whoever wins our series will go on to win the West. He plays to the audience he thinks is watching.

Even if the Suns win the next 2 he wouldnt say they were the favorites. Hes very pessimistic about the Suns.

Allanon
04-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Even if the Suns win the next 2 he wouldnt say they were the favorites. Hes very pessimistic about the Suns.

"I don't trust those guys Ernie"

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 12:51 PM
i can see why everybody likes the Lakers - even if I don't completely agree with them.

but while the Jazz look good on paper - they went 17-24 on the road! the Pacers almost matched that mark.

Yeah, but they're 2-0 in the PO's on the road. Just shows that the regular season don't mean much anymore.

The Jazz are a solid team. 1-6 in the west is solid an could represent the west. Although Houston is in a world of hurt right now.

WildcardManu
04-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Jazz-Rockets series would have been 1-1 if (crackhead) Kirilenko hadn't flailed his arms they way he did.

K-State Spur
04-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah, but they're 2-0 in the PO's on the road. Just shows that the regular season don't mean much anymore.

The Jazz are a solid team. 1-6 in the west is solid an could represent the west. Although Houston is in a world of hurt right now.

i know they had that long streak. but without Yao, and when they're not red hot, I'm not buying Houston as one of the top 8 teams in the West.

jack sommerset
04-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Jazz just won 2 games on the road in the playoffs. Road record is the question.The home record.....Good luck West beating them there. I can see why Barkley would say that. I thinkks its the Suns and Lakers.

Harry Callahan
04-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Barkley picked the Jazz against the Spurs LAST year. We know how that turned out. It's showbiz for Chuckster. That's OK.

My team probably won't be the favorite in the first round or any other round this year, but if someone takes the Spurs out, they will have a couple of pounds of flesh taken out of them in the process.

Mavs<Spurs
04-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Barkeley is knowledgeable about basketball.

Clearly, this is just a stupid thing to say.

Same Jazz team that we beat in 5 last year.
They won't beat the Lakers.

Lakers, Spurs and Suns are manifestly the best 3 teams in the West.

NOH, Dallas, Jazz are all good teams, but on the second rung.

Nuggets are the least of the West.