04-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Your Game 2 officiating crew.

We can beat them too. :)

Trainwreck2100
04-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Bavetta gets up for playoff games, he'll jump around and shit/

timvp
04-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Bavetta will make sure this is a close game.

Bob Lanier
04-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Get Oberto and Kurt into flop mode early. If Shaqam start to bitch Mauer will be more than happy to T them up.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
04-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Know your enemy.

T Park
04-22-2008, 01:14 AM
Fuck you NBA its on.

Salvatore in game one, bavetta in game 2?

Better have Danny Crawford lined up for 3 or 4.

J.T.
04-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Well, Phoenix is a getting a parade, all right. A parade to the FT line in Game 2.

Princess Pimp
04-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Good News for Suns fans: NO TIM DONAGHY!

Bad News for Spurs Fans: Dick Bevetta Loves Shaq, Hates Duncan (remember the hamburger bet?)

Amuseddaysleeper
04-22-2008, 02:47 AM
yeah, and Bevetta gave him the burger

if he hated him, he woulda given him a doggy bag full of dog shit

Princess Pimp, what are some things the Spurs need to do in order to win game 2?

Princess Pimp
04-22-2008, 02:50 AM
yeah, and Bevetta gave him the burger

if he hated him, he woulda given him a doggy bag full of dog shit

Princess Pimp, what are some things the Spurs need to do in order to win game 2?

Nothing! They should have lost Game 1 but since the Spurs are the "defending" Champ the refs made sure the Spurs would win at least 1 game and don't become the 2006 Heat.

Princess Pimp
04-22-2008, 02:52 AM
Doesn't really matter the Spurs WILL LOSE GAME 2, it is WRITTEN in stone

some_user86
04-22-2008, 02:57 AM
What was the hamburger bet?

Princess Pimp
04-22-2008, 03:02 AM
What was the hamburger bet?

It happened long time ago, Bevetta whistled a foul agaisnt Duncan, and Timmy (as usual) whined about the call and told Bevetta he would bet a Hamburger it wasn't the correct call.

Duncan lost the bet.

polandprzem
04-22-2008, 03:05 AM
Bavetta will make sure this is a close game.

haha excactly

One of the refs that gives preferable whistles to the losing team.

But the squad is not that bad, still I don't know the wood's officiating

Princess Pimp
04-22-2008, 03:08 AM
haha excactly

One of the refs that gives preferable whistles to the losing team.

But the squad is not that bad, still I don't know the wood's officiating Didn't he used to be a spurs player, or being part if the spurs staff at some point?

He doesn't call Spurs games in their favor though

Princess Pimp
04-22-2008, 03:11 AM
Yep! He used to be a Spurs Player...Go Figure!

Leon Wood
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the author, see Leon J. Wood.
Leon Wood Position Shooting guard
Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
Weight 185 lb (84 kg)
Born March 25, 1962 (1962-03-25) (age 46)
Columbia, South Carolina
Nationality USA
College Arizona
Cal-State Fullerton
Draft 10th overall, 1984
Philadelphia 76ers
Pro career 1984–1991
Former teams Philadelphia 76ers (1984-1986)
Washington Bullets (1986)
New Jersey Nets (1986-1987, 1989-1990)
San Antonio Spurs (1987-1988)
Atlanta Hawks (1988)
Sacramento Kings (1990-1991)
Olympic medal record
Men's Basketball
Gold 1984 Los Angeles United States
Osie Leon Wood III (born March 25, 1962 in Columbia, South Carolina), is an American former professional basketball player who was selected by the Philadelphia 76ers in the 1st round (10th overall) of the 1984 NBA Draft. A 6'3" shooting guard from California State University-Fullerton, Wood played in six NBA seasons for six different teams. He played for the 76ers, Washington Bullets, New Jersey Nets, San Antonio Spurs, Atlanta Hawks and Sacramento Kings.

In his NBA career, Wood played in 274 games and scored a total of 1,742 points. He also won a gold medal as a member of the 1984 U.S. Olympic basketball team coached by Bobby Knight.

Currently Wood is an NBA official.[1]

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-22-2008, 03:15 AM
Pimp you moron, the first game wasn't called in the Spurs' favour. Even Charlie Rosen had the Suns getting the favour of 8 bad calls to the Spurs 1, and Rosen is not a Spurlova at all.

Our team simply out-gutted yours, but you're not enough of a man to admit it.

polandprzem
04-22-2008, 03:23 AM
Although Ken Mauer sometimes can be a Dick

hmm

mojorizen7
04-22-2008, 03:38 AM
The Good: Bavetta
The Bad: Mauer
The Ugly: Stern

SouthernFried
04-22-2008, 05:07 AM
1987-1988 Wood was a Spur? Geesh, I usta play pickup ball with him when he joined the same gym...didn't realize it was 20 freakin' yrs ago.

Leon was a fitness freak, would do inclined situps the entire time between games. Then he'd only shoot 25' shots during the games. Guess he didn't want to get hurt. Pretty good guy tho. Surprised when I saw he'd become a ref. I never recognized him until someone said his name. He looks different in stripes.

Dunno if he's good or bad, doesn't seem to get noticed when he's on the court...which is probably a good thing for a ref.

1987. Damn.

travis2
04-22-2008, 06:11 AM
It happened long time ago, Bevetta whistled a foul agaisnt Duncan, and Timmy (as usual) whined about the call and told Bevetta he would bet a Hamburger it wasn't the correct call.

Duncan lost the bet.

Duncan WON the bet, Common Cunt...

travis2
04-22-2008, 06:14 AM
Hamburger bet...http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2004-02-19-bavetta_x.htm

Das Texan
04-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Yup. Better practice free throws sometime today before the game.

DarrinS
04-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Dick Bavetta?

Crap. Oh well, at least we're not playing the Mavs. Dick loves Dirk.

TwAnKiEs
04-22-2008, 10:05 AM
"Tim came out and said, 'I'm really going to eat good tonight.' "

:lmao

peskypesky
04-22-2008, 10:05 AM
We can beat them too. :)

:lol:downspin::lol

statman32
04-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Bavetta and Wood arent bad but Mauer hands out way too many techs. Lets see if he lets the players play the game instead of ejecting anyone.

TampaDude
04-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Bavetta and Wood arent bad but Mauer hands out way too many techs. Lets see if he lets the players play the game instead of ejecting anyone.

vBookie for ejections tonight? :lol

easjer
04-22-2008, 10:33 AM
OMFG. Just fucking kill me now.

BAVETTA? BAVETTA?

I was praying for a game similar to the Cleveland game last night, where the home team comes out and dominates. There is no fucking way that happens with Bavetta on the floor. Expect a swinging pendulum of no-calls to hit both teams and a variety of fouls/whistles on one until the momentum shift occurs in their favor, then reverse.

At least I can say that Bavetta screws over both teams, usually equally.

But still. Fuck me.

Oh, well, same old tune, different words - Spurs need to come out and play well from beginning to end, and then it doesn't matter what the officiating is like. Officiating can't hurt them if they play above it. You can't rely on refs to bail you out. Play smart, play efficiently, play with heart, and they'll win handily.

Steve_Javie
04-22-2008, 10:41 AM
The Spurs ain't winnin shit! Me and my boys are ready to take out the dirty floppers once and for all. Down with Euro-ball!!!

slayermin
04-22-2008, 10:55 AM
I will have to check the records again but I believe the Spurs have a decent winning pct. in the playoffs with Bavetta on the floor.

But the game won't be nearly as physical as game one.

rAm
04-22-2008, 11:13 AM
I will have to check the records again but I believe the Spurs have a decent winning pct. in the playoffs with Bavetta on the floor.

But the game won't be nearly as physical as game one.

I think the spurs have a decent winning percentage in the playoffs no matter what. That would coincide with whatever refs are reffing.

Bavetta is how old? The league can't seriously think he can make calls with accuracy, or breakdown a play inside of his head to make the correct call in a close decision. Get some refs that can actually run the court and SEE for christ sakes.

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Geeezus H Christ people..

Hours before gm2 and yer already bitchin and moaning about the refs just like gm1.

WTF?!?!:lmao:lmao:lmao

statman32
04-22-2008, 11:18 AM
I think the spurs have a decent winning percentage in the playoffs no matter what. That would coincide with whatever refs are reffing.

Bavetta is how old? The league can't seriously think he can make calls with accuracy, or breakdown a play inside of his head to make the correct call in a close decision. Get some refs that can actually run the court and SEE for christ sakes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IA4LZLTrpGA&feature=related

T Park
04-22-2008, 11:20 AM

Hours before gm2 and yer already bitchin and moaning about the refs just like gm1.

Theres the fucking door if its so bad.

No one wants nor wanted you hear, BITCH.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-22-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm ok with this crew. The Spurs need to really attack the rim with this group and they should get 30+ looks at the charity stripe.

Real Tomato Ketchup
04-22-2008, 11:29 AM

67 or 68, according to that USA Today article he was 64 in 04.

rAm
04-22-2008, 11:33 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IA4LZLTrpGA&feature=related

seriously, how do you lose a race to Charles Barkley hahaha

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Theres the fucking door if its so bad.

No one wants nor wanted you hear, BITCH.

Hmmm, someone must be past their diaper change...

Str8Ballin
04-22-2008, 11:42 AM
It must be nice to root for a team where constant whining and complaining actually works for you.

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
It must be nice to root for a team where constant whining and complaining actually works for you.

And frustrating to root for a team where constant whining and complaining never seem to materially change the result.

rAm
04-22-2008, 11:52 AM

They might whine a lot, but seriously, I feel we get the short end of the stick when it comes to refs more often than not.

Don't be mad that the league suspended your players for being black.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-22-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm ok with this crew. The Spurs need to really attack the rim with this group and they should get 30+ looks at the charity stripe.

The problem is with Bavetta in the house if we even breathe on Nash it's going to be free throws for Team Canada. :td

At least we know who the league wants to win. Salvatore in game 1, Bavetta in game 2? Why not just give D'Antoni the damn whistle?

statman32
04-22-2008, 12:38 PM
You guys should be more worried about Mauer/Wood than Bavetta

Spurs are -3

Record of home team against the spread:

Bavetta: 36-33-2
Mauer: 32-41-0
Wood: 31-36-1

The home team is also 3-8 when the spread is 0-4.5 with the home team being the favorite when Mauer is reffing while the home team is 9-4 when Bavetta is reffing in that situation.

easjer
04-22-2008, 12:44 PM

Well, yeah. It means I get it out of my system before the game starts. And if I bitch beforehand, it means that I'm not making excuses later, I'm being proven right. ;)

Seriously though, I get pissed about refs. I do not like that I can name refs and predict the course of officiating through the game before the tip off. There are some definite problems with certain of officials.

Regardless, as I said above, and as I say every.blinking.time I talk about refs. The onus is on the Spurs to play so that officiating does not matter. If you foul out on a bogus call - well, you shouldn't have committed the other obvious fouls. If the team plays well, then the way the game is called won't matter. Even Bavetta can't swing momentum in a blowout game. If they are hoping that the refs will bail them out, then they are already in the wrong mentality. They need to play well, and then the officiating is null.

Zarko's Ghost
04-22-2008, 01:53 PM
This is not bad for the Spurs. You don't want to be the road team when Bavetta is doing a game. I think the crowd gets to him a bit.

samikeyp
04-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Who cares who the refs are? If the Spurs play like they are capable, they win the game, period.

T Park
04-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Not with Bavetta..

Goddamn NBA F you.

Princess Pimp
04-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Not with Bavetta..

Goddamn NBA F you. Fatboy you are a Cry Baby...!

Jimcs50
04-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Not with Bavetta..

Goddamn NBA F you.

Chill out.:rolleyes

The refs do not matter in this series. The refs have been doing a great job this year compared to years past, IMO. I think the whole gambling scandal really helped clean up the officiating.

I do not think there will be 50 FT attempts tonight like Dallas had against us a few years back. (A Bavetta game, I think)

Jimcs50
04-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Fatboy you are a Cry Baby...!

A whiner, more than a crybaby, I think. :)

T Park
04-22-2008, 02:13 PM

The refs do not matter in this series. The refs have been doing a great job this year compared to years past, IMO. I think the whole gambling scandal really helped clean up the officiating.

I do not think there will be 50 FT attempts tonight like Dallas had against us a few years back. (A Bavetta game, I think)

Your nuts.

Dick Bavetta and Violet Palmer are some of the worst refs in the league.

Get a clue.

Jimcs50
04-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Your nuts.

Dick Bavetta and Violet Palmer are some of the worst refs in the league.

Get a clue.

You get a clue, ask anyone who knows basketball and they will tell you that Bavetta is one of the top officials in the league.

Do you see him doing Finals games every year???

Do you think the NBA puts horrible refs in the showcase for the NBA???

TPark, you are a total moron.....you make all Spurs fans look like fat dorks...thanks for that. :rolleyes

T Park
04-22-2008, 02:18 PM
You get a clue, ask anyone who knows basketball and they will tell you that Bavetta is one of the top officials in the league.

Do you see him doing Finals games every year???

Do you think the NBA puts horrible refs in the showcase for the NBA???

TPark, you are a total moron.....you make all Spurs fans look like fat dorks...thanks for that. :rolleyes

And you make all fans look like fucknuts asswhipe.

Dick Bavetta, one of the best refs in the league?

What freakin bottle of jackdaniels are you drinking at work?

Good lord.

Jimcs50
04-22-2008, 02:25 PM

Dick Bavetta, one of the best refs in the league?

What freakin bottle of jackdaniels are you drinking at work?

Good lord.

TPark, you are a miserable soul, you know that. You should just kill yourself....I would if I were you, seriously....nobody likes you at all, and that should give you a clue, ya think?

Crookshanks
04-22-2008, 02:36 PM

Definition? :wtf

TPark, you are a miserable soul, you know that. You should just kill yourself....I would if I were you, seriously....nobody likes you at all, and that should give you a clue, ya think?
He's like boutons in the political forum - no one takes him seriously! :lmao

slayermin
04-22-2008, 03:19 PM

In a perfect world, that would be the case. But if you take a look at playoff games with Salvatore, Nies, and Rush, you will know what I am talking about.

As much as Joey Crawford get criticized around here for ejecting Duncan last season, our playoff record with him on the floor is excellent. I believe our playoff winning pct. is the highest when either Crawford works a game.

Jimcs50
04-22-2008, 03:26 PM
The last two playoff games that Bavetta officiated, the Spurs won the game, including the series clincher against Phoenix last year.

Suck on that TPark!

Harry Callahan
04-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Jack Nies is the devil. Blind and incompetent.

Bavetta is just old. He is so old he farts dust. I don't think he sees well either.

Budkin
04-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Princess Pimp won't be heard from again until Friday after tonight.

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2008, 03:44 PM
I agree with Jim that Dick Bavetta is one of the best officials in the game.

I also don't think the measure of an official's ability is the Spurs' record with that official on the floor in playoff games.

ClingingMars
04-22-2008, 03:48 PM
thank god i have pimp ignored...i shudder thinking about the kind of idiocy that faggot is posting.

- Mars

50 cent
04-22-2008, 03:48 PM

That was Salvatore, not Bavetta in the 50 DAL FT game. I was there. :pctoss

GoGatos
04-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Dick loves Dirk.

Really? I thought it was the other way around...

Jimcs50
04-24-2008, 09:00 AM
I thought that this game was officiated very very well. Bavetta dida hell of a job.

FromWayDowntown
04-24-2008, 10:41 AM
If anyone's wondering, I'm fairly confident in thinking that the lead official for Game 3 is likely to be one of these guys: Steve Javie, Joey Crawford, Joe Derosa.

And I'm actually almost certiain that it will be either Javie or Joey.

Steve_Javie
04-24-2008, 11:27 AM
HaHaHa!!1! The cheating dirty floppers are gonna lose the next game! We have direct orders from Stern to insure a Phoenix reverse sweep!

FromWayDowntown
04-24-2008, 11:44 AM
HaHaHa!!1! The cheating dirty floppers are gonna lose the next game! We have direct orders from Stern to insure a Phoenix reverse sweep!

So you're admitting that you're corrupt?

I guess I can just stop worrying about the possibility that you're just incompetent!

Steve_Javie
04-24-2008, 11:59 AM
of course I'm corrupt. I'm an NBA official. Wake up and smell the make-up Will Smith.

easjer
04-24-2008, 01:06 PM
If anyone's wondering, I'm fairly confident in thinking that the lead official for Game 3 is likely to be one of these guys: Steve Javie, Joey Crawford, Joe Derosa.

And I'm actually almost certiain that it will be either Javie or Joey.

Thanks for the heads up. I have to admit that I was very pleasantly surprised by Bavetta and co - they really let them play. Impressed me, even though I thought they could have been more active. I walked away pretty happy with the officiating.

Hoping for more of that in Phoenix Friday.

FromWayDowntown
04-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I have to admit that I was very pleasantly surprised by Bavetta and co - they really let them play. Impressed me, even though I thought they could have been more active. I walked away pretty happy with the officiating.

Hoping for more of that in Phoenix Friday.

I agree, though I've definitely come around to the idea that Bavetta is actually a really, really good official. For all of the kvetching about Bavetta, he's been on the floor for as many good Spurs moments as bad; and I certainly don't think that the Spurs' successes have a damned thing to do with understanding that he's among the best in the business at what he does.

As for Game 3, that's just an educated guess. To this point, every crew that has done a playoff game has had a Finals-level official as a crew chief (at least insofar as the officials who've been crew chiefs have officiated at the Finals level in the past). So far, the crew chiefs have been:

Dick Bavetta (NO/DAL, Gm. 1; SA/PNX, Gm. 2)
Dan Crawford (HOU/UTH, Gm. 1; CLE/WAS, Gm. 2; ORL/TOR, Gm. 3(tonight))
Joey Crawford (LAL/DEN, Gm. 1; NO/DAL, Gm. 2)
Bob Delaney (CLE/WAS, Gm. 1; ORL/TOR, Gm. 2; HOU/UTH, Gm. 3(tonight))
Joe Derosa (ORL/TOR, Gm. 1; BOS/ATL, Gm. 2)
Steve Javie (BOS/ATL, Gm. 1; DET/PHIL, Gm. 2)
Ed Rush (DET/PHIL, Gm. 1; CLE/WAS, Gm. 3 (tonight))
Bennett Salvatore (SA/PNX, Gm. 1; LAL/DEN, Gm. 2)

I'd think the only other officials who might be crew chiefs in the playoffs are Ken Mauer, Mike Callahan, Jim Clark, and Joe Forte.

Of those guys, the Spurs have obviously already seen Salvatore and Bavetta, so they're unlikely (in fact, I'd say it's not possible) to see them again in this series. And we've seen Mauer and Callahan, so they're in the same boat in terms of the other possible crew chiefs.

Of the 8 remaining possibilities, Danny Crawford, Ed Rush, Jim Clark, and Bob Delaney are all working tonight, so you can count them out. That leaves Joey Crawford, Joe Derosa, Steve Javie, and Joe Forte as the possible crew chiefs.

I don't really think Forte will be a crew chief, so I'm eliminating him as a possible lead official for tomorrow night, leaving us with Joey, Derosa, and Javie.

Derosa worked last night in Boston, so I'm thinking a cross-country trip is unlikely for him. Javie also worked last night in Detroit, but DET-PNX is more likely than BOS/PNX, I think.

Regardless, I actually think that Joey Crawford is most likely to be the lead official in Game 3 and I would think that there's a good chance that Joe Forte will be on that crew as well.

We'll see if I'm right or if I'm completely full of crap.

As a side note for those who mentioned him earlier in this thread, Jack Nies has not called a single playoff game to this point.