PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Douche writer complains (yawn...)

Man of Steel
04-22-2008, 08:31 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DanBickley/22043

Phoenix Suns fans are:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s208/firedancer803/comments/douche.gif

ancestron
04-22-2008, 08:36 AM
NBA must end rash of flopping
SAN ANTONIO

If Jose Canseco is the godfather of steroids, then Vlade Divac is the godfather of flopping. Or maybe it was that dastardly Bill Laimbeer.

Whatever, this hideous tactic must be stopped.

Flopping - or exaggerating the effects of physical contact in hopes of drawing a foul on the opponent - is technically a form of cheating. It's more acting than basketball. It's creating an illusion to fool the referees.

It's garbage. It's spineless and wrong. It belongs in professional wrestling. Problem is, it's a central storyline in the Western Conference playoffs, where the Spurs beat the Suns in Game 1 and Shaquille O'Neal claimed, "the floppers prevailed."

"I don't react to players' comments or really anybody's comments," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said Monday. "It's like Hillary (Clinton) and Barack (Obama), you know? So and so said this about you. Let's talk about health care and that sort of thing instead of the bull (expletive)."

Fine, O'Neal says a lot of silly things. But he's right about flopping, and he should know, having been targeted by floppers more than any other player in history. (Because of O'Neal's freakish size and strength, opponents can do nothing but resort to cowardly gamesmanship.)

Stone cold serious about the issue, O'Neal wasn't about to back off comments he made after Saturday's game.

"They weren't defending me," O'Neal said. "All they got to do is flop. It's frustrating that the referees don't allow two guys to fight. It's supposed to be two guys fighting, and one guy is out there flopping. A lot of times, I don't do anything. But I guess all you got to do is walk next to me and fall."

Flopping has become such an issue in American basketball that NBA executive Stu Jackson, who oversees the officiating, claimed last season that he was going to research how other leagues handle the most notorious offenders.

Jackson did not return phone calls Monday, but when informed about the flopping charges here in San Antonio, the guy who answered the phone at NBA headquarters said with great sarcasm: "What a surprise."

Overseas, the problem is so insidious that FIBA referees can assess technical fouls on players for flopping, and with more and more foreign-born players inhabiting the NBA, it's easy to see how the product can suffer.

"They come from the soccer culture where they kind of get elbowed and then they get carried off on the stretcher," Suns General Manager Steve Kerr said. "And then they come back a minute later and they're running at full speed. First, you're worried they're going to die. And then you're worried they're going to score three more goals in the game."

Clearly, the Spurs' Manu Ginobili is the Jack Nicholson of flopping, and that's a shame. Ginobili is a marvelous talent with great courage and toughness. A total team player, he accepted less money and a lesser role (sixth man) just to help his team win. As Popovich noted on Monday, "He got over himself a long time ago."

Yet outside San Antonio, Ginobili has tarnished his reputation by being King Flopper, and he will never be appreciated for the great player he is. But it's not just European players who have mastered the art of flopping. It's not just the Spurs, either. And I hate to tell you this, but the Suns have plenty of floppers, too, including the two-time MVP.

"Raja Bell's a flopper, Kurt (Thomas) is a flopper, Ginobili is probably the king of floppers," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said. "There are levels of flopping. Divac might be the father of flopping. That's gamesmanship . . . you love 'em when you're with them and hate 'em when they're against you. That's normal."

No, normal would be two guys playing basketball, and the best man wins. Instead, flopping rewards inferior players, enrages the victims and makes the officials look stupid. It's why Laimbeer became the most hated athlete in sports, while Dennis Rodman literally learned how to propel himself backward in the air, as if shot out of a cannon. Even great players such as Reggie Miller and John Stockton cheapened their careers through theatrics.

Someone has to put a stop to this. Ever see how NFL referees sneer at punters who lie on the field after flopping? The NBA needs to take the cue, get a clue, and start fining all culprits.

Otherwise, O'Neal may take matters into his own hands, and pity the floppers if that ever happens.

ancestron
04-22-2008, 08:39 AM
just how in the hell is the NBA going to stop flopping?

BonnerDynasty
04-22-2008, 08:43 AM
How can AK47 be left out???

ForeignFan
04-22-2008, 08:44 AM
"They come from the soccer culture where they kind of get elbowed and then they get carried off on the stretcher," Suns General Manager Steve Kerr said." :wtf

This is a stupid reference. France & Argentina -to name a few- also play rugby and French and Argentinan rugby players do not flop despite this "soccer culture". B/S comment.

hater
04-22-2008, 08:44 AM
I have a feeling last year's bitching and crying by suns players, fans and writers was nothing compared to what it will be this year.

be prepared Spurs fans be very prepared

dreamcastrocks
04-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Nobody in Phoenix listens to Bickley. Nobody in San Antonio should either.

Bickley isn't a fan. Don't consider him as such.

SAGambler
04-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Jackson did not return phone calls Monday, but when informed about the flopping charges here in San Antonio, the guy who answered the phone at NBA headquarters said with great sarcasm: "What a surprise."

What he really meant was "What a surprise that the Phoenix Suns would complain after losing a game. Big, Big fuckin surprise.

Why don't the Suns inform the league that they have some major floppers of their own. And poor little "I don't do nothing" Shaq. Hey, sticking that elbow in someones throat, isn't "doing nothing". You dumb shit. Your bowl em over style days are over. Refs are tired of letting you get away with that shit that you have been getting away with for years.

Want the game called "correctly"? Fine. Get ready to foul out of every game by the start of the third quarter. You big dope. Go back and look at some film. See how long you have gotten away with this shit.

SAGambler
04-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Otherwise, O'Neal may take matters into his own hands, and pity the floppers if that ever happens.

The only thing O'Neal is going to "take into his own hands" is a couple of triple patty cheeseburgers, followed by a dozen Krispy Kremes.

Man of Steel
04-22-2008, 09:13 AM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/laurieellis27/christmas07006.jpg

Cry Havoc
04-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Maybe if Shaq would learn some body control, he wouldn't commit so many charges.

... What's that? He never thought to develop his game outside of a 4 foot jumper and literally knocking his man off the court to free himself for a dunk? I guess that's his problem for being a retarded asshole who has exactly three moves in his repertoire, the spin to the hoop under his man, which he can't even do anymore, the turn to the middle with a baby hook, and the elbow-clearing drop step that's the most obvious charge of any player in NBA history.

Let me ask EVERYONE this: If flopping is such a problem, and it's so easy to get called for a charge, how come Mr. Tim Duncan almost NEVER gets rang up with an offensive foul? I mean, I think I can count the number of times (I remember) he's been hit with a charge on one freaking hand this season! Flopping wouldn't be so successful if players learned to control their bodies and to go around their defender or shoot over him.

Elraptor
04-22-2008, 09:31 AM
:lol @ the pics.

Suns fans - Epic Fail.

naico
04-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Overseas, the problem is so insidious that FIBA referees can assess technical fouls on players for flopping, and with more and more foreign-born players inhabiting the NBA, it's easy to see how the product can suffer.

Thats bullshit, the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. He's just inventing stuff on the spot, how pathetic can you be.

GSH
04-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Flopping has become such an issue in American basketball that NBA executive Stu Jackson, who oversees the officiating, claimed last season that he was going to research how other leagues handle the most notorious offenders.

Stu Jackson making that comment was totally out of line, and unprofessional. Even if everything Shaq (and that dipshit Bickley) said was 100% correct, Jackson has no business making that comment. And no, he didn't mean "what a surprise" that Phoenix complained. He was saying that it is no surprise that it happened in San Antonio.

Jackson suspended Bruce Bowen this year, ending Bowen's consecutive game streak, largely because of contact from the Suns' organization. He made up his mind about Bowen's guilt before he had even reviewed the game films.

If the Suns felt like they needed to call Stu Jackson after Game 1, then Jackson is obligated to answer the phone. But his comment displays his bias, and there is no place for that in the league's front office. Stu Jackson is a liability to the league, and it's just a matter of time before he gets outed publicly for some of the shit he pulls behind the scenes. There's an old saying that "two people can keep a secret... if one of them is dead". And there are lot more than two people who know about Stu Jackson's tactics.

Stern already demoted him by chopping his duties in half. Jackson is supposed to have no involvement in referee issues anymore. But I'd bet my left...arm... that he's involved in this up to his ass. Stern needs to deal with him in the off season. I don't think he would fire him outright, but he can put him in charge of European development, and get him out of operations. Few people outside of Phoenix would object.

naico
04-22-2008, 09:49 AM
These dumbass writers should learn the b-ball rules..When you get hit close to the basket by ur opponent on offense, you can't move are otherwise its a defensive foul. So as a defender you avoid to move when the player with the ball in his hands attacks you.
So screw the people who complain because KT intelligent enough to keep still on defense and O'Neal nd Stoudamire are dumb enough to keep bumping inside like complete morrons

SpurOutofTownFan
04-22-2008, 09:53 AM
There are several stereotypes here like all those who come from Europe are floppers.

Also they talk about soccer like they know something although some people actually do what Kerr says.

Then you have Manu's character assassination again and again. Repeated over an over again since the times of Karl's infamous comments when he had no way to stop Ginobili.

Then we are going to see the referees calling the game really tight tonight. Players should expect this to happen and act in consequence.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Main problem is that this one is on Shaq alone. If he hadn't said anything about it no one would be talking about flopping today.

What a sore loser, Im gonna fucking eat his soul.

peskypesky
04-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Main problem is that this one is on Shaq alone. If he hadn't said anything about it no one would be talking about flopping today.

What a sore loser, Im gonna fucking eat his soul.

I myself will piss on his grave.

DarrinS
04-22-2008, 09:59 AM
A little bit about the writer...

Dan Bickley's Profile
I am opinionated, overcaffeinated and passionate about all things that interest me. I love Led Zeppelin, Stella Artois and novelist Patrick O'Brian. I'm awed by Johnny Depp, and completely understand why my wife loves Brad Pitt. I have covered the best athletes of our generation (Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods) and the two worst franchises in history (the Cubs and the Cardinals). You can look it up.

http://s.azcentral.com/home/File-/picture/24594/1/0/258/1024/

WTF?

703 Spurz
04-22-2008, 10:03 AM
If flopping was a league-wide problem wouldn't the refs call more blocking fouls then anything else?

Notice how the teams who lose are the ones who always make the flopping claim.

Gee whattasurprise that is

PHXSpursFan
04-22-2008, 10:14 AM

Bickley isn't a fan. Don't consider him as such.

I agree that Bickley is an idiot, but he is surely a fan. He's the biggest Suns homer on the radio.:flag::flag:

ancestron
04-22-2008, 10:17 AM
oh so the writer IS gay. I see.

DePastino
04-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Yet outside San Antonio, Ginobili has tarnished his reputation by being King Flopper, and he will never be appreciated for the great player he is. But it's not just European players who have mastered the art of flopping. It's not just the Spurs, either. And I hate to tell you this, but the Suns have plenty of floppers, too, including the two-time MVP.

"Raja Bell's a flopper, Kurt (Thomas) is a flopper, Ginobili is probably the king of floppers," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said. "There are levels of flopping. Divac might be the father of flopping. That's gamesmanship . . . you love 'em when you're with them and hate 'em when they're against you. That's normal."

1. He doesn't hate to tell you.

2. He's not the first writer to denounce flopping.

DePastino
04-22-2008, 10:23 AM
He's the biggest Suns homer on the radio

You forgot about Al McCoy.

peskypesky
04-22-2008, 10:24 AM
someone needs to send that douchebag the video of Shaq's flop

Obstructed_View
04-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Let me ask EVERYONE this: If flopping is such a problem, and it's so easy to get called for a charge, how come Mr. Tim Duncan almost NEVER gets rang up with an offensive foul? I mean, I think I can count the number of times (I remember) he's been hit with a charge on one freaking hand this season! Flopping wouldn't be so successful if players learned to control their bodies and to go around their defender or shoot over him.

Duncan got called for one on Nash in game 1.

Borosai
04-22-2008, 10:28 AM
The guy is obsessed with flopping... penises, that is.

I'm going to get a job as a sports writer in Phoenix: standards are low.

GSH
04-22-2008, 10:34 AM
I gotta make a comment on the article too:

Yes, Shaq is freakishly large and strong. He looks much more suited for the NFL gridiron than the NBA hardwood. And that's the way he plays the game. I think he pretty much said it all with his comment that "it's supposed to be two guys fighting". And if the rules allowed for that, Shaq really would be as unstoppable as some people claim. Unfortunately, for Shaq, NBA rules do not (officially) allow one player to physically shove another out of his established position.

But there's the rub. They don't "officially" allow for it. But the fact is that on most of his possessions, Shaq's chosen path to the basket is over and/or through the player guarding him. Sure other players do the same thing at times, but Shaq has made a living off of it because he has the size and strength to do it at will. If the rules of the game were enforced, Shaq would be in foul trouble in every game... or else he would be forced to develop some other skills.

They aren't going to limit one of the league's superstars to 10 minutes a game, or foul him out of most contests. So unless he draws blood, or swings an elbow and makes solid contact, he pretty much gets to bulldoze defenders. A lot of the time, what Shaq calls a flop is a defender calling attention to the fouls that Shaq commits nearly every time he gets the ball. Because if the don't act like it hurts, they aren't going to get a call.

Next time you watch Shaq play offense, ask yourself this question: "Is there anything in the NBA rulebook that says it's OK to shove a stationary defender out of the way, as long as you do it with your ass?"

Okay, ask another question too: "Instead of spinning around a defender, is it OK to hook him with your off arm, throw him out of the way, and go through the space he formerly occupied?"

Shaq (and his fans) would have you believe he is some kind of demi-god, because he is physically able to do those things. But it isn't basketball. If he wants to be in a sport that is about "two guys fighting", he should look into the WWF. Or maybe sumo wrestling.

Shaq and Bickley can talk all they want about people flopping. But there is nothing cowardly about forcing the refs to make the calls they ought to be making all the time. When you're being shoved by a 330 lb giant, is there something noble about doing your utmost to remain vertical? Is anyone going to say, "Hey, he let Shaq score... but at least he didn't fall down"? Bullshit! Force the refs to enforce the rules. Shaq generates more than enough contact to justify it.

Supreme_Being
04-22-2008, 10:35 AM
I laughed.

PHXSpursFan
04-22-2008, 10:35 AM
You forgot about Al McCoy.

LOL your right. He sounds like a dad calling his third grader's YMCA games.

TMTTRIO
04-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I think it's interesting that nobody was talking and making a big deal about Manu's flopping until George Karl opened up his stupid mouth saying all those things about Manu and now Manu is the 'King of floppers' with everyone when there are other players that flop more than he does. By the way I just brought this out for fun from last season from 82games.com. Both Nash and Bell were both in the top ten but none of our players were even close to that and the Suns led the NBA for charges drawn. I wish they did one for this year though.

Leading 2006-07 NBA Players in drawing Offensive Fouls
1 CLE Varejao 58
2 MIL Bogut 55
3 CHI Nocioni 46
4 DAL Harris 41
5 PHO Bell 41
6 PHO Nash 37
7 IND O'Neal 36
8 HOU Battier 32
9 NJN Collins 28
10 NOK Mason 28
11 GSW Ellis 27
12 GSW Dunleavy 25
13 LAL Parker 25
14 SAC Bibby 25
15 SAC Martin 24
16 CHI Wallace 23
17 MIA Posey 23
18 NJN Moore 23
19 SAS Bowen 23
20 TOR Garbajosa 23
21 CHA Wallace 23
22 CHI Hinrich 22
23 TOR Parker 22
24 UTA Fisher 22
25 NJN Nachbar 21
26 SAS Ginobili 21
27 MIA Haslem 20
28 PHI Iverson 20
29 PHO Barbosa 20
30 ATL Claxton 19

Team by Team Leaders in drawing Offensive Fouls
Off.Foul Top Three in drawing the Offensive Foul
Phoenix 166 102 +64 Bell 41 - Nash 37 - Barbosa 20
Chicago 154 115 +39 Nocioni 46 - Wallace 23 - Hinrich 22
New Jersey 139 96 +43 Collins 28 - Moore 23 - Nachbar 21
Indiana 135 109 +26 O'Neal 36 - Daniels 17 - Armstrong 16
Utah 130 110 +20 Fisher 22 - Williams 19 - Collins 18
Toronto 129 93 +36 Garbajosa 23 - Parker 22 - Bargnani 17
Milwaukee 126 100 +26 Bogut 55 - Ilyasova 16 - Williams 15
Miami 125 110 +15 Posey 23 - Haslem 20 - Walker 17
Golden State 122 79 +43 Ellis 27 - Dunleavy 25 - Davis 16
Philadelphia 118 93 +25 Iverson 20 - Korver 15 - Joe.Smith 14
Cleveland 117 97 +20 Varejao 58 - James 14 - Snow 13
Memphis 116 114 +2 D.Jones 17 - Warrick 14 - Atkins 13
Denver 115 110 +5 Evans 19 - Najera 17 - Camby 16
Dallas 113 94 +19 Harris 41 - Howard 17 - Terry 14
San Antonio 111 92 +19 Bowen 23 - Ginobili 21 - Oberto 19
Sacramento 102 101 +1 Bibby 25 - Martin 24 - Williamson 13
Atlanta 100 119 -19 Claxton 19 - Lue 12 - Smith 12
Washington 100 107 -7 Daniels 19 - Haywood 17 - Arenas 14
L.A. Lakers 98 113 -15 Parker 25 - Evans 10 - Bryant 10
Charlotte 97 105 -8 Wallace 23 - Okafor 15 - Felton 12
Orlando 96 105 -9 Arroyo 15 - Hill 13 - Dooling 10
New Orleans 92 107 -15 Mason 28 - Pargo 11 - Chandler 11
Houston 90 82 +8 Battier 32 - Howard 13 - Hayes 12
New York 88 170 -82 Lee 15 - Frye 12 - Rose 11
Minnesota 85 115 -30 Davis 15 - Smith 14 - Garnett 8
Boston 75 116 -41 Pierce 11 - Jefferson 10 - Telfair 7
Seattle 72 112 -40 Collison 16 - Ridnour 10 - Watson 10
Detroit 70 85 -15 Prince 12 - Delfino 11 - Maxiell 11
L.A. Clippers 65 120 -55 Cassell 18 - Maggette 9 - Ross 7
Portland 65 150 -85 Roy 10 - Jack 9 - Udoka 8

dreamcastrocks
04-22-2008, 10:37 AM

You suck. I went to California a month ago, and bought some Krispy Kreme. They are bankrupt here in AZ, so you have to travel out of the state to get them.

That's pretty f'd up.

GSH
04-22-2008, 10:37 AM
A little bit about the writer...

Dan Bickley's Profile
I am opinionated, overcaffeinated and passionate about all things that interest me. I love Led Zeppelin, Stella Artois and novelist Patrick O'Brian. I'm awed by Johnny Depp, and completely understand why my wife loves Brad Pitt. I have covered the best athletes of our generation (Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods) and the two worst franchises in history (the Cubs and the Cardinals). You can look it up.

http://s.azcentral.com/home/File-/picture/24594/1/0/258/1024/

WTF?

It's easier to understand once you realize that those are his bottom teeth. Inbreeeder.

dreamcastrocks
04-22-2008, 10:38 AM
I agree that Bickley is an idiot, but he is surely a fan. He's the biggest Suns homer on the radio.:flag::flag:

True, I should have rephrased. He gives us fans a bad name.

Whisky Dog
04-22-2008, 10:48 AM
I don't hold these worthless sports writers against the Suns or thief fans. Really, is there much of a need for sports writers? Everything I need to know I can see by watching the game or at least catching the highlights and scores. I don't need the opinion of some pompous little pudgy guy.

Borosai
04-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Those doughnuts look amazing.

Banzai
04-22-2008, 11:04 AM

:hungry::eyebrows

Str8Ballin
04-22-2008, 11:08 AM
you spurs fans are some ignorant arrogant asses!

Cry Havoc
04-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Since when are the Cubs and Cardinals the worst franchises in sports? The Cubs have one of the most fanatic, loyal fanbases in the nation (every game is nearly a home game for them), and the Cardinals just recently won the World Series, not to mention having one of the most knowledgeable fan bases in all of sports. Wtf is he talking about?

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Ya know... As much as you all bitch about Suns fans, the team and media, you sure are obsessed with them.

How many new threads a day are posted at spurstalk bashing them? There are more Suns bashing threads on spurstalk than Spurs bashing threads on all of the Suns boards combined.

What would you do w/o us?? :lmao:lmao

dreamcastrocks
04-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Since when are the Cubs and Cardinals the worst franchises in sports? The Cubs have one of the most fanatic, loyal fanbases in the nation (every game is nearly a home game for them), and the Cardinals just recently won the World Series, not to mention having one of the most knowledgeable fan bases in all of sports. Wtf is he talking about?

Arizona Cardinals. Need I say more. :)

maxpower
04-22-2008, 11:21 AM
I think it's interesting that nobody was talking and making a big deal about Manu's flopping until George Karl opened up his stupid mouth saying all those things about Manu and now Manu is the 'King of floppers' with everyone when there are other players that flop more than he does. By the way I just brought this out for fun from last season from 82games.com. Both Nash and Bell were both in the top ten but none of our players were even close to that and the Suns led the NBA for charges drawn. I wish they did one for this year though.

Leading 2006-07 NBA Players in drawing Offensive Fouls
1 CLE Varejao 58
2 MIL Bogut 55
3 CHI Nocioni 46
4 DAL Harris 41
5 PHO Bell 41
6 PHO Nash 37
7 IND O'Neal 36
8 HOU Battier 32
9 NJN Collins 28
10 NOK Mason 28
11 GSW Ellis 27
12 GSW Dunleavy 25
13 LAL Parker 25
14 SAC Bibby 25
15 SAC Martin 24
16 CHI Wallace 23
17 MIA Posey 23
18 NJN Moore 23
19 SAS Bowen 23
20 TOR Garbajosa 23
21 CHA Wallace 23
22 CHI Hinrich 22
23 TOR Parker 22
24 UTA Fisher 22
25 NJN Nachbar 21
26 SAS Ginobili 21
27 MIA Haslem 20
28 PHI Iverson 20
29 PHO Barbosa 20
30 ATL Claxton 19

Team by Team Leaders in drawing Offensive Fouls
Off.Foul Top Three in drawing the Offensive Foul
Phoenix 166 102 +64 Bell 41 - Nash 37 - Barbosa 20
Chicago 154 115 +39 Nocioni 46 - Wallace 23 - Hinrich 22
New Jersey 139 96 +43 Collins 28 - Moore 23 - Nachbar 21
Indiana 135 109 +26 O'Neal 36 - Daniels 17 - Armstrong 16
Utah 130 110 +20 Fisher 22 - Williams 19 - Collins 18
Toronto 129 93 +36 Garbajosa 23 - Parker 22 - Bargnani 17
Milwaukee 126 100 +26 Bogut 55 - Ilyasova 16 - Williams 15
Miami 125 110 +15 Posey 23 - Haslem 20 - Walker 17
Golden State 122 79 +43 Ellis 27 - Dunleavy 25 - Davis 16
Philadelphia 118 93 +25 Iverson 20 - Korver 15 - Joe.Smith 14
Cleveland 117 97 +20 Varejao 58 - James 14 - Snow 13
Memphis 116 114 +2 D.Jones 17 - Warrick 14 - Atkins 13
Denver 115 110 +5 Evans 19 - Najera 17 - Camby 16
Dallas 113 94 +19 Harris 41 - Howard 17 - Terry 14
San Antonio 111 92 +19 Bowen 23 - Ginobili 21 - Oberto 19
Sacramento 102 101 +1 Bibby 25 - Martin 24 - Williamson 13
Atlanta 100 119 -19 Claxton 19 - Lue 12 - Smith 12
Washington 100 107 -7 Daniels 19 - Haywood 17 - Arenas 14
L.A. Lakers 98 113 -15 Parker 25 - Evans 10 - Bryant 10
Charlotte 97 105 -8 Wallace 23 - Okafor 15 - Felton 12
Orlando 96 105 -9 Arroyo 15 - Hill 13 - Dooling 10
New Orleans 92 107 -15 Mason 28 - Pargo 11 - Chandler 11
Houston 90 82 +8 Battier 32 - Howard 13 - Hayes 12
New York 88 170 -82 Lee 15 - Frye 12 - Rose 11
Minnesota 85 115 -30 Davis 15 - Smith 14 - Garnett 8
Boston 75 116 -41 Pierce 11 - Jefferson 10 - Telfair 7
Seattle 72 112 -40 Collison 16 - Ridnour 10 - Watson 10
Detroit 70 85 -15 Prince 12 - Delfino 11 - Maxiell 11
L.A. Clippers 65 120 -55 Cassell 18 - Maggette 9 - Ross 7
Portland 65 150 -85 Roy 10 - Jack 9 - Udoka 8

This should be :spam:ed on every board or to every "sports"writer who
complains about the Spurs or uses them as the poster child for flopping
just because some idiot with no offensive skills cries about a loss.

Str8Ballin
04-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Ya know... As much as you all bitch about Suns fans, the team and media, you sure are obsessed with them.

How many new threads a day are posted at spurstalk bashing them? There are more Suns bashing threads on spurstalk than Spurs bashing threads on all of the Suns boards combined.

lol!!! no shit!!! All these cocky spur fans with their holier than thou attitudes all they do is talk shit on us cuz they know we have the better team and there scared.

dreamcastrocks
04-22-2008, 11:24 AM
This should be :spam:ed on every board or to every "sports"writer who
complains about the Spurs or uses them as the poster child for flopping
just because some idiot with no offensive skills cries about a loss.

Drawing charges isn't the only way that people are considered floppers.

Ginobili's extra contact that he initiates with his flailing arms for example is part of the reason why he has that label.

Nash is good at drawing offensive fouls. I'd say 35 of his 37 offensive fouls were legit. Bell on the other hand is a flopper.

Str8Ballin
04-22-2008, 11:26 AM
ALl the Spurs do is fall down if you just breath on them

K-State Spur
04-22-2008, 11:29 AM

trust me, you won't hear another peep about the suns in another week or so.

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 11:32 AM
trust me, you won't hear another peep about the suns in another week or so.

Oh yes you will... Even if the Spurs beat the Suns y'all will be creating threads about the Suns and their fans well through the summer. It's happened every year these teams have played and there's no reason it'll change.

Spurs fans are just as obsessed w/ the Suns and their fans as Suns fans are w/ them.

carina_gino20
04-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Next time you watch Shaq play offense, ask yourself this question: "Is there anything in the NBA rulebook that says it's OK to shove a stationary defender out of the way, as long as you do it with your ass?"

Okay, I literally laughed out loud at this one. :lol

PHXSpursFan
04-22-2008, 11:47 AM

Ginobili's extra contact that he initiates with his flailing arms for example is part of the reason why he has that label.

Nash is good at drawing offensive fouls. I'd say 35 of his 37 offensive fouls were legit. Bell on the other hand is a flopper.

Unless you have video of all 37 fouls, how are you going to argue that? Are we just supposed to take your word. From the bits I've seen, Nash is the biggest flopper in the league. You can't tell me a pro athlete can be on the floor that much unless he's acting some.

I believe the hip check at the end of Game 4 last year, was Nash flopping into the scoring table. No hip check does that much damage. If it did, you'd see a lot of dead NHL players.

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
From the bits I've seen, Nash is the biggest flopper in the league. You can't tell me a pro athlete can be on the floor that much unless he's acting some.

You're nuts and I'd expect nothing less from a spurs fan. It's widely known throughout the rest of the nba that Gino is the biggest flopper in the league.

Everyone and their mom knows that and you're foolish to deny it.

PHXSpursFan
04-22-2008, 11:57 AM
You're nuts and I'd expect nothing less from a spurs fan. It's widely known throughout the rest of the nba that Gino is the biggest flopper in the league.

I never denied that Manu flops. Hell, the Bad Boys perfected it way back in the 80s. However, I'm not sure he's the biggest flopper in the league. My evidence for Steve Nash, is that he took a light graze from Horry's hip, flung himself into a table, got a flagarant called on Horry, and stifled a laugh while on the ground.

If anything, Manu's reputation works against him. We aren't talking about a great 2 OT game, if the refs would have called that foul on Shaq, as he raped Manu going to the hole, late in the 4th.:flag:

Gino
04-22-2008, 11:58 AM

There's this game called "football".

Str8Ballin
04-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Manu flops more than a dead fish. well an almost dead fish. cuz if the fish was dead it couldnt flop, but you get the idea

Gino
04-22-2008, 12:00 PM
I never denied that Manu flops. Hell, the Bad Boys perfected it way back in the 80s. However, I'm not sure he's the biggest flopper in the league. My evidence for Steve Nash, is that he took a light graze from Horry's hip, flung himself into a table, got a flagarant called on Horry, and stifled a laugh while on the ground.

Homer forum. I wonder if Suns fans believe that Kobe limbo-ed under Raja's arm on purpose and stifled a laugh on the ground.

Put DOWN the kool-aid!

travis2
04-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Bills Carnage: Fallacy. Appeal to Belief. You fail.

Str8Ballin: Unmitigated idiocy. You fail.

Spurminator
04-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Flopping annoys me too, but a lot of times a player draws a legitimate charge and people call it a flop. For example, Kurt Thomas on Amare's sixth foul.

Oberto is the worst flopper on the Spurs... I don't remember Manu flopping at all in Game 1 but I could be wrong.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-22-2008, 12:06 PM

That was a result of character assassination by Karl in 2005. He came up with the concept Manu was a flopper because he couldn't find any way to stop him on the court in a legitimate way.

That's the worst you can do as a coach to a player and the results are out now. Karl is a loser and Manu is a winner and talking about things their moms know and you are foolish to deny it - well that's one!!!

So get the your fucking facts straight first.

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 12:09 PM

If anything, Manu's reputation works against him. We aren't talking about a great 2 OT game, if the refs would have called that foul on Shaq, as he raped Manu going to the hole, late in the 4th.:flag:

So you've determined Nash is the biggest flopper based on once incident?? :lmao:lmao

And btw, Shaq got all ball and the replays showed it. If we're thinking of the same play.

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 12:12 PM
So get the your fucking facts straight first.

What facts are you referring to???

Sorry, but outside of the Spurs kool-aid circle Gino is known as this biggest flopper in the league. That is a fact jack!

Flopping annoys me too, but a lot of times a player draws a legitimate charge and people call it a flop. For example, Kurt Thomas on Amare's sixth foul.

Oberto is the worst flopper on the Spurs... I don't remember Manu flopping at all in Game 1 but I could be wrong.

Flopping has become the en vogue art form of the NBA. Whether it's good or bad just depends on which side you sit on.

dbreiden83080
04-22-2008, 12:17 PM
What i find funny about Shaq and the media is that they take everything he says like it is BIG NEWS and it is so serious. When the HELL has SHAQ EVER taken responsibility for a loss or his own poor play?? He is the king of excuses this man. "I had a bad game because everyone flopped like crazy", "The Pistons kicked our ass in the finals because the refs just sucked" he almost never shows any class after a loss. He rarely even shows respect to an opponent. He mainly just talks shit, and bitches about who's fault it is when his team loses and he does not get his job done.

PHXSpursFan
04-22-2008, 12:18 PM
So you've determined Nash is the biggest flopper based on once incident?? :lmao:lmao

And btw, Shaq got all ball and the replays showed it. If we're thinking of the same play.

Shaq had a foot and a half inside the restricted zone, contact was made, blocking foul should have been called. And of course Manu's "ball" extends all the way up to his elbow. :lmao

You are a Suns' fan, so I expect you to be stupid, but I guess I also have to resort to hysteria and name calling like on your forums, so here it goes:

OMG STFU AND LEARN NBA RULES YOU FAT FAGGOT

:lmao

dbreiden83080
04-22-2008, 12:19 PM

What replays were you watching?? He got Manu's arms and he got the ball. That was a foul, Manu should have been shooting 2 FT's. They put Nash on the line late when Tony barely grazed his elbow and he got 3 ft's.

DePastino
04-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Look, for good or bad, flopping is a necessity.

For a flop to be successful, the defender must be in the right position with his feet set. When executed properly, it's a legit defensive play and forces the charge to be called.

Just as in any other judgement call during the heat of battle, the refs don't always get it right.

Spurminator
04-22-2008, 12:22 PM
What facts are you referring to???

Sorry, but outside of the Spurs kool-aid circle Gino is known as this biggest flopper in the league. That is a fact jack!

Flopping has become the en vogue art form of the NBA. Whether it's good or bad just depends on which side you sit on.

I don't think flopping is any worse today than it was ten years ago. The subject comes up every year, usually started by a team that is losing.

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Shaq had a foot and a half inside the restricted zone, contact was made, blocking foul should have been called. And of course Manu's "ball" extends all the way up to his elbow. :lmao

You are a Suns' fan, so I expect you to be stupid, but I guess I also have to resort to hysteria and name calling like on your forums, so here it goes:

OMG STFU AND LEARN NBA RULES YOU FAT FAGGOT

And as a Spurs fan i'd expect you to resort to childish tactics once you have nothing left to bring. Come back, Noob, when you learn how to have an NBA discussion. Go back to the ASF forum.

Spurminator
04-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Look, for good or bad, flopping is a necessity.

For a flop to be successful, the defender must be in the right position with his feet set. When executed properly, it's a legit defensive play and forces the charge to be called.

Just as in any other judgement call during the heat of battle, the refs don't always get it right.

You've illustrated the point I made earlier. 99% of the time, that's not a flop, that's drawing a charge. If you're standing with your feet set and a player collides with you, you are going to fall. It's simple physics.

True flopping usually happens when a player is being backed down on the post, or off the ball where incidental contact is embellished.

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 12:25 PM
What replays were you watching?? He got Manu's arms and he got the ball. That was a foul, Manu should have been shooting 2 FT's. They put Nash on the line late when Tony barely grazed his elbow and he got 3 ft's.

Oh, a Spurs fan whining about calls or no calls. I guess you can be added to the hypocrite list.

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't think flopping is any worse today than it was ten years ago. The subject comes up every year, usually started by a team that is losing.

I'm not the one who brought it up. I rarely get into the flopping debate because it's a waste. Every team has a player or two who do it more than others.

It was the dumbass spurs fan who proclaimed Nash the biggest flopper in the league based on one incident that happened last year.

Spurminator
04-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm not the one who brought it up. I rarely get into the flopping debate because it's a waste. Every team has a player or two who do it more than others.

It was the dumbass spurs fan who proclaimed Nash the biggest flopper in the league based on one incident that happened last year.

Technically neither of you brought it up. Shaq and your writers did.

Borosai
04-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Kirilenko has to be considered the most absurd flopper in the league. When he flops, he FLOPS.

roycrikside
04-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Stu Jackson making that comment was totally out of line, and unprofessional. Even if everything Shaq (and that dipshit Bickley) said was 100% correct, Jackson has no business making that comment. And no, he didn't mean "what a surprise" that Phoenix complained. He was saying that it is no surprise that it happened in San Antonio.

Jackson suspended Bruce Bowen this year, ending Bowen's consecutive game streak, largely because of contact from the Suns' organization. He made up his mind about Bowen's guilt before he had even reviewed the game films.

If the Suns felt like they needed to call Stu Jackson after Game 1, then Jackson is obligated to answer the phone. But his comment displays his bias, and there is no place for that in the league's front office. Stu Jackson is a liability to the league, and it's just a matter of time before he gets outed publicly for some of the shit he pulls behind the scenes. There's an old saying that "two people can keep a secret... if one of them is dead". And there are lot more than two people who know about Stu Jackson's tactics.

Stern already demoted him by chopping his duties in half. Jackson is supposed to have no involvement in referee issues anymore. But I'd bet my left...arm... that he's involved in this up to his ass. Stern needs to deal with him in the off season. I don't think he would fire him outright, but he can put him in charge of European development, and get him out of operations. Few people outside of Phoenix would object.

Read the article again. Jackson didn't answer the phone and make that sarcastic comment, some office person who answered it said that.

BlackSwordsMan
04-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Gotta admit flopping is retarded. It cost houston the game last night.

Man of Steel
04-22-2008, 12:37 PM
That damn asshole Shaq is starting to piss me off.

And Fat Boy Mr. Krispy Kreme Shaq--it isn't smart to piss off the Man of Steel...

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm312/pattie85/superman-2.gif

hater
04-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Manu flops more than a dead fish. well an almost dead fish. cuz if the fish was dead it couldnt flop, but you get the idea

hahaha nice touch with the Timmy milk bottle

and sorry but your boy Bell flops just as much or more than Manu.

and steve nash is not too far behind.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-22-2008, 12:40 PM

Did you even read the fucking paragraph? It wasn't Stu Jackson who answered the phone. Just some random receptionist or something. Damn.

dbreiden83080
04-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh, a Spurs fan whining about calls or no calls. I guess you can be added to the hypocrite list.

Here is the difference, you don't hear Manu crying to the press for 3 hrs about the no call. Shaq gets a few fouls and he and the Suns organization want to put the league on trial.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-22-2008, 12:41 PM

Nash and Raja flop just as much as Manu. Lame article, and lame responses by the Phoenix homers.

DazedAndConfused
04-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Kurt Thomas was actually the biggest flopper on the floor in Game 1.

Oberto probably annoys me the most because of that silly look he gets on his face whenever he gets called for a foul. Not only does he flop excessively, he's constantly hooking players, holding jerseys, and pushing them in the back as they go up for rebounds or alley-oops. Ginobli is not as bad, but his offensive flopping is downright ridiuclous sometimes. Just take the shot man, stop flailing your arms and body trying to draw contact on every play. Bowen I can deal with, he doesn't flop.

The players I have the most respect for are Duncan and Parker. They are straight old school. They play the game straight up and take tons of abuse each night.

jack sommerset
04-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Fine the player and team. I would love to see instant replays, maybe one replay per half. I don't care who says it or said it first, flopping is for pussys. Any player that does it is a pussy. Period.

"tehehehe, I pretended someone knocked me down,tehehehe"

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Here is the difference, you don't hear Manu crying to the press for 3 hrs about the no call. Shaq gets a few fouls and he and the Suns organization want to put the league on trial.

Psst.. I was talking about the fans, not the players ya dummy.

Man of Steel
04-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Hey Shaq--

YOU FAT FUCK!!!

Maybe if you would have guarded the shooter who is ripping your fat ass to shreds instead of slobbering all over the media crying about "flopping" you'd be more successful.

Look at this photo--who the fuck is Shaq guarding?!

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/johnpaulwall/77bbb3b043d3896b2c72882ee1e40b6e-ge.jpg

dbreiden83080
04-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Psst.. I was talking about the fans, not the players ya dummy.

No shit sherlock, i am pointing out to you the difference between these organizations as well. Suns seem to feel the more we bitch publically the better off we will be. Spurs have class, Suns don't.

dreamcastrocks
04-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Unless you have video of all 37 fouls, how are you going to argue that? Are we just supposed to take your word. From the bits I've seen, Nash is the biggest flopper in the league. You can't tell me a pro athlete can be on the floor that much unless he's acting some.

I believe the hip check at the end of Game 4 last year, was Nash flopping into the scoring table. No hip check does that much damage. If it did, you'd see a lot of dead NHL players.

Wow. No hip check does that much damage?

Now you are just being silly.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Kurt Thomas was actually the biggest flopper on the floor in Game 1.

Yep, clearly when a 350 pound fat ass gets a head of steam coming and runs into you, you should be able to hold your ground. Thanks for the insight :tu

DazedAndConfused
04-22-2008, 12:57 PM
If you think Thomas was trying to guard O'Neal straight up you are a moron. He was flopping like his life depended on it.

dbreiden83080
04-22-2008, 12:59 PM
If you think Thomas was trying to guard O'Neal straight up you are a moron. He was flopping like his life depended on it.

Guard a 7'1 350 PD big man and than let me know if you were flopping every time you hit the deck. :rolleyes

T Park
04-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Well the Lakers have Fisher Radmonovic Gasol and others, so a Laker fan WOULD know flopping.

T Park
04-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Ignore him, dumb and dumber has proven what a moron loser he is.

So best just to ignore short bus.

DarrinS
04-22-2008, 01:09 PM

I think Nash just likes getting teabagged by bigger players driving in the lane.

DazedAndConfused
04-22-2008, 01:12 PM
That's my point, if KT tried to guard O'Neal straight up he'd get owned. His only recourse is to flop, I never said it was a bad thing.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-22-2008, 01:14 PM
That article is such bullshit,

The grief about is overblown, and its all just a bunch of sore-loser shit. Fans of losing teams (and loser teams) complain about it the most, because they have to make excuses for why they can't beat the other team.

Steve Kerr makes the stupidest comments. He doesn't even know what he's talking about. "Soccer culture" wtf? Stereotypes and assumptions.

WildcardManu
04-22-2008, 01:17 PM
wah wah wah wah!!

T Park
04-22-2008, 01:18 PM
That's my point, if KT tried to guard O'Neal straight up he'd get owned. His only recourse is to flop, I never said it was a bad thing.

You have now showed what an idiot you are.

Go away.

WalterBenitez
04-22-2008, 01:21 PM

Dead fish flops??? :wow

DazedAndConfused
04-22-2008, 01:22 PM
You have now showed what an idiot you are.

Go away.

No and no.

T Park
04-22-2008, 01:46 PM
No and no.

:lol

Nothing like living in stupidity.

I notice you totally ignored the comment about Fisher.

typical of a retarded headupass laker fan though.

DazedAndConfused
04-22-2008, 01:47 PM
I make more money than you. Douche.

ChumpDumper
04-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Interesting hijack -- and I'm not sure you are correct on this one.

T Park
04-22-2008, 01:55 PM

:lol

I make more than 7.50 an hour inandout boy

so nice try.

T Park
04-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Interesting hijack -- and I'm not sure you are correct on this one.

Usually when said troll is wrong, and keeps getting owned, they go to the "i have more money than you"

dbreiden83080
04-22-2008, 01:56 PM

Tips are that good for Bell-Boys these days??

slayermin
04-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Like others have posted here, avoiding a charge is all about body control. TD avoided several charges in game one by pulling up and using his length to release his shots.

DazedAndConfused
04-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Tips are that good for Bell-Boys these days??

You bet :toast

DePastino
04-22-2008, 02:29 PM

Why does someone always resort to this?

:owned

DazedAndConfused
04-22-2008, 02:35 PM
^It's called a joke idiot. I guess sarcasm must not exist over in SA.

SpursWoman
04-22-2008, 02:41 PM

(He's in Phoenix ;) )

Oh, Gee!!
04-22-2008, 02:42 PM
I don't like the flopping either, even though it definitely benefits Manu.

PM5K
04-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Manu won't be known as a great player because of this?

I bet to disagree, he'll be just like Divac, hated but respected for his talents.

And yeah, no flopping article should be written without including AK-47

As for the first game, I don't know who flopped but I know Kurt Thomas drew legit offenive fouls.

Galileo
04-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Elvin Hayes was great at flopping. He'd wheel back like a freight train hit him.

jack sommerset
04-22-2008, 02:55 PM
"tehehehehehehehehe, me fall down and you got blamed for it,tehehehehehehehehehe"

Flopping is for wussies. I was laughing at the refs when KT flopped the 3rd time. The refs usually say enough is enough after the 2nd one.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-22-2008, 02:56 PM
This is just partisan hate. How do I know? Because this thread has gone 5 pages calling everyone on the other team "the league's worst flopper" with a single mention of Anderson Varejao. I fucking hate that ass clown. He falls down more than a drunk bitch with inner ear problems.

Str8Ballin
04-22-2008, 03:05 PM
One thing that sucks about the flopping is like, when a dude gets legitmately fucked up by an elbow or something, and the commentators are all, "Oh nice flop there...he totally flopped and the refs bought it." and the dude's jaw is dislocated from his skull and he's bleeding from both eyes.

Cry Havoc
04-22-2008, 03:11 PM
One thing that sucks about the flopping is like, when a dude gets legitmately fucked up by an elbow or something, and the commentators are all, "Oh nice flop there...he totally flopped and the refs bought it." and the dude's jaw is dislocated from his skull and he's bleeding from both eyes.

One thing that sucks about posters is when they fail to comprehend how to make complete sentences in English.

romad_20
04-22-2008, 03:32 PM

And I was like...then he was like....then it was like, OMG :bang

You don't have to use crutch words in forums. Just stop typing, think about what you want to say and like type it.

dreamcastrocks
04-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Come on guys. This forum is filled with people who would rather curse, than try to articulate their thoughts. We are pretty bad in the Suns forum about grammar, but this place is filled with grammar feux pas. Relax a little.

StrangeCheez
04-22-2008, 03:37 PM

That's because all of the Suns fans are too busy posting on Spurstalk.

Bartleby
04-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Come on guys. This forum is filled with people who would rather curse, than try to articulate their thoughts. We are pretty bad in the Suns forum about grammar, but this place is filled with grammar feux pas. Relax a little.

pssst . . . it's "faux pas"

Man of Steel
04-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Re-written version:

One thing that sucks about Nash flopping is it detracts legitimacy of other calls which are not flops. However, because of Nash' constant flopping, the commentator thinks that everyone who falls to the ground is a pussy like Nash.

sasysmith
04-22-2008, 03:43 PM
That's because all of the Suns fans are too busy posting on Spurstalk.

Damn straight. It's more fun here anyway! :D

Say now. I have a solution to all the fighting:

Giant orgy.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Cry Havoc
04-22-2008, 03:48 PM
There are more Suns bashing threads on spurstalk than Spurs bashing threads on all of the Suns boards combined.

There are more threads on Spurstalk than on all of the Suns boards combined, period.

It's called demographics.

ClingingMars
04-22-2008, 03:50 PM

sounds like this guy isn't a reliable source.

- Mars

SPARKY
04-22-2008, 03:56 PM
It's not superior flopping, it's superior coaching.

Sun fan needs a crutch for why the Spurs have dominated their team in the postseason of late. The Spurs are a fucking machine. Certainly not the most athletic or talented team, but they know how to execute. Why? Because their coach knows how to prep a team for postseason basketball.

DarrinS
04-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Damn straight. It's more fun here anyway! :D

Say now. I have a solution to all the fighting:

Giant orgy.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Naked pics first. Then I'll decide.

PHXSpursFan
04-22-2008, 04:16 PM

When adults discuss sports, a little adult language might slip out. Sorry if that offends you. I don't think adult language, means that we have to suffer through idiot, unintellible troll banter, though.

Also, you realize Bickley has a big audience, right? :lmao:flag:

PHXSpursFan
04-22-2008, 04:17 PM

Dude it's the internet, imagine her to be whoever you want her to be.

sasysmith
04-22-2008, 04:19 PM

Aren't you the one who asked me that in my first post? Or am I hallucinating again? Ah well!

Either way, who says I was going to praticipate? Maybe I was just planning on filming it and selling the video for a small profit on the internets?...

Str8Ballin
04-22-2008, 04:24 PM
And I was like...then he was like....then it was like, OMG :bang

You don't have to use crutch words in forums. Just stop typing, think about what you want to say and like type it.

Blow me assnuts this is an internet message board not a fucking English class. You guys see one person who isn't a Spurs fan voice their opinion on something in your precious little forum and you get your panties in a wad. You arrogant Spur fan assholes are going to eat so much crow this year I can't wait.

Agitator
04-22-2008, 04:26 PM

What's a "joke idiot"? Is that like someone who doesn't know how to use commas?

1usamotorsports.com
04-22-2008, 04:29 PM
EVERY BODY flops .
Spurs derserved the win . It wasnt a miracle that tim made that shot . Its called skill .
Was it a miracle that they over came the 16 points they were down? Hell naw , its the spurs .
Suns earned them fouls on there own . They came in the game playing extra hard and agressive and paid the price . The suns played there asses off while the spurs started off very cold with missing alot of there shots . Now what if the shots where going in for the spurs . Then it would of been a boring game with the spurs on top at the end .

dreamcastrocks
04-22-2008, 04:33 PM
When adults discuss sports, a little adult language might slip out. Sorry if that offends you. I don't think adult language, means that we have to suffer through idiot, unintellible troll banter, though.

Also, you realize Bickley has a big audience, right? :lmao:flag:

It doesn't offend me at all, it just seems a little pot kettle black around here.

Bill Simmons has a big national audience. It doesn't mean that he doesn't see things though large celtic green colored glasses.

Like I said, Bickley gives us Suns fans a bad name.

O-Factor
04-22-2008, 04:44 PM
One thing that sucks about posters is when they fail to comprehend how to make complete sentences in English.

+1

O-Factor
04-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Blow me assnuts this is an internet message board not a fucking English class. You guys see one person who isn't a Spurs fan voice their opinion on something in your precious little forum and you get your panties in a wad. You arrogant Spur fan assholes are going to eat so much crow this year I can't wait.

O-Factor
04-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Its funny how Suns fans throw out flopping as if their team never does it. Nash is the King of it, followed by Bell.

Hell, it was Nash's flop that led Amares suspension. Not that it mattered. We were still the better team last year.

GoGatos
04-22-2008, 04:49 PM
This douche writer will be on STSA to explain himself and get lambasted at 5:30.

Gino
04-22-2008, 04:57 PM
This douche writer will be on STSA to explain himself and get lambasted at 5:30.

Whats STSA?

Link?

cornbread
04-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Just when I had become comfortable with the "dirty" monicker/excuse, the Suns and their media have labled the Spurs as floppers to justify defeat. I can't keep up with all of their excuses. They should pick one and stick to it.

sprrs
04-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Even great players such as Reggie Miller and John Stockton cheapened their careers through theatrics.

'Cause seriously, you always hear how Reggie and Stockton were never bonafide superstars because they flopped.

sprrs
04-22-2008, 05:08 PM

Suns are our opponent and this board is more active than all the other Suns boards combined? Tone down the ego buddy.

word
04-22-2008, 05:16 PM

Well THIS can certainly be interpreted two ways. :lol

SAtown
04-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Whats STSA?

Link?

Sports Talk San Antonio

http://www.ticket760.com/main.html (Click listen live).

SAtown
04-22-2008, 05:34 PM
I forgot what the playoffs were all about: Pissing and Moaning.

spursfan09
04-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Seriously out of all the teams the Spurs have kicked out I have never seen a team and its fanbase whine and cry and bitch and moan. Get over it. Sometimes when you lose to the same team 3 times in the playoffs, you have to accept that maybe, just maybe they are the better team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Hot off the presses from 82games, here's this year's flopping, err 'offensive fouls drawn' ranks:

http://www.82games.com/FSORT10.HTM

Of note:

Nash, 34
Oberto, 33
Bell, 31
Hill, 30
Bowen, 28
Manu, 27
Diaw, 20
Barbosa, 15
Vaughn, 14
Skinner, 10
Amare, 9
Duncan, 7
Parker, 7
Thomas, 7

Now, I'm sure some of those in there are legit, but really, Phoenix, their team and their fans, need to shut the fuck up about flopping. They were right there with the Fakers and Mavs as far as most offensive fouls drawn, and it's comical to suggest that they were all legit.

T Park
04-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Niiiice Aggie :tu

Owned as always Sun bitches :lol

td4mvp21
04-22-2008, 06:09 PM
All I know is that the Suns draw a lot of charges and flop a lot. It's really annoying and angering when it happens to your team, but it can be a smart tactic to help your team out. It can get out of control but honestly, I haven't seen either the Suns or the Spurs get out of control this year with flopping. Oberto tends to be the Spurs' biggest flopper (yes, even more so than Ginobili!) Ginobili actually flopped more earlier in his career than he does now. On the Suns, Nash and Bell are huge floppers. I've seen Grant Hill flop. I've even seen Shaq flop against Parker! It's part of the game and if the Suns want the Spurs to stop, they need to stop too.

LakerMagic
04-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Hot off the presses from 82games, here's this year's flopping, err 'offensive fouls drawn' ranks:

http://www.82games.com/FSORT10.HTM

Of note:

Nash, 34
Oberto, 33
Bell, 31
Hill, 30
Bowen, 28
Manu, 27
Diaw, 20
Barbosa, 15
Vaughn, 14
Skinner, 10
Amare, 9
Duncan, 7
Parker, 7
Thomas, 7

Now, I'm sure some of those in there are legit, but really, Phoenix, their team and their fans, need to shut the fuck up about flopping. They were right there with the Fakers and Mavs as far as most offensive fouls drawn, and it's comical to suggest that they were all legit.

I've got to get the Spurs back on this one. Alot of gall that Suns media, fanbase, and players bring up flopping. The most skilled flopper in the league resides in Phoenix in Nash.

And as the above poster noted above. Look at the offensive fouls drawn. Flopping is everywhere in the league. Every team does it. Hell, my team does on occasion too.

This whinning by Phoenix gets old.

SAtown
04-22-2008, 06:19 PM
And as the above poster noted above. Look at the offensive fouls drawn. Flopping is everywhere in the league. Every team does it. Hell, my team does on occasion too.

It's no surprise that whatever the Spurs do gets analyzed under a microscope; it happens every successful post-season. I don't remember anyone doing this when the Lakers were (most recently) dominant, or even when the Bulls were dominant. Oh well, ultimately it leads to a much bigger meltdown once they get eliminated from the playoffs, and that's always enjoyable.

BHodges
04-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Suns fans think that Manu flops but I remember watching Reggie Miller shooting a three and kick his leg out and make contact against defender and always get away with it. I never heard anybody screaming about him. NBA is about making adjustments. If Shaq doesn't make the adjustment than he'll be watching the game on the sideline most of the time.

romad_20
04-24-2008, 09:05 PM

:rollin "assnuts"

BTW keep waiting :flag:

CosmicCowboy
04-24-2008, 09:47 PM
LOL

Shaqs problem is that his down low post spin move where he came up against the defenders chest with his shoulder as he elevated 6 or 8 inches and finished it with the elbow to the throat/head on the way was unstoppable...there was nobody in the NBA that could hold their ground without moving their feet and resetting for the block...

Now he gets tired and can't elevate...he just spins against them and knocks the crap out of them, throws the elbow and shoots flat footed or on his toes...it's just so much harder for a ref to justify...

get over it big boy...your window is closing...that move is gone...you might want to polish some more basic fundamentals like...uhhh...shooting free throws...LOL

Strike
04-24-2008, 11:01 PM

Actually, we don't rail on ANY fans of other teams. There's Mav fans, Suns fans and others that get along with 99% of the Spurs fans on this site. Most of us only rail on the trolls.

Kind of like you.