PDA

View Full Version : Few Observations from St. Croix

STX_21
04-22-2008, 08:43 AM
I've been on Spurstalk reading and observing for just over a year. I'm from St. Croix and I've been a Spurs fan since they drafted him in '97, and Duncan fan since he first stepped on a court in Wake Forest. Few things I'd like to point out:

1. There's been a ton of threads (from Spurs fans) questioning Tim's ability to lead this team in the playoffs. Some pointed out that we would need strong and consisten efforts by Manu and Tony to have a chance. I believe that if we are to repeat Manu and Tony will have to take over some games, but I'm hoping this would be the last time we question Tim's role on this team.

2. Like most Spurs fans, I've grown very wary of the crying, excuses, lame accusations, and outright stupidity of SOME Suns fans....and players. If I were a Suns fan, I would be completely upset at our management/coach for bringing out a team every year that believes you can win without defending, boxing out, and playin with grit. My point? Direct your anger where it will matter. Its the oldest basketball cliche' in the world. "Defense wins championships." (Its really hilarious when you get mad because Manu boxes out). Be mad that D'Antoni is still coaching this very talented team. Fools gold.

3. What the hell is wrong with Snaq? "Those who can will win, those who can't will make excsues"----Shaquille O'neal.......Do I need to say more?

4. Why is everyone sitting down in the Arena? Damn you spoiled fans piss me off. I wish they would play one game in the Virgin Islands.........

SAGambler
04-22-2008, 08:57 AM
3. What the hell is wrong with Snaq? "Those who can will win, those who can't will make excsues"----Shaquille O'neal.......:lmao:lmao:lmao

Soul_Patch
04-22-2008, 09:05 AM
please, ill give you season tickets to the spurs, if you give me a house in the Islands for a year.

deal?

STX_21
04-22-2008, 09:12 AM
lol...damn, I had no idea I would've been able to find available tickets mehn. If I had a crib to spare the swap would've been on.

04-22-2008, 09:17 AM
So you're not at the at&t watching the game, but you can still catch it at Windy's or Cheeseburger In Paradise, can't you?

STX_21
04-22-2008, 09:20 AM
So you're not at the at&t watching the game, but you can still catch it at Windy's or Cheeseburger In Paradise, can't you?

Well I watched the last game at Sharky's....Place was wild. No one in the bar was sitting for the whole second half. I was wonderin what the hell happened to SA fans in the arena mehn. It was a lot of fun. Went home without a voice.

peskypesky
04-22-2008, 09:23 AM
"Those who can will win, those who can't will make excuses"----Shaquille O'Neal..

:lol:lol:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Well I watched the last game at Sharky's....Place was wild. No one in the bar was sitting for the whole second half. I was wonderin what the hell happened to SA fans in the arena mehn. It was a lot of fun. Went home without a voice.

Good to hear!

Welcome! :toast

Summers
04-22-2008, 09:45 AM
You introduce yourself by calling us ungrateful and spoiled? :tongue

STX_21
04-22-2008, 10:51 AM
You introduce yourself by calling us ungrateful and spoiled? :tongue

Hey, I had to call it out. This is probably the best series we'll play in this year. That was the best game I've seen in a long time...and the fans at the ATT center seemed bored stiff.

braeden0613
04-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Hey, I had to call it out. This is probably the best series we'll play in this year. That was the best game I've seen in a long time...and the fans at the ATT center seemed bored stiff.
I was there and it was actually really loud. I prob annoyed most of the people around me standing up most of the 2nd half but oh well they will get over it.

remingtonbo2001
04-22-2008, 11:02 AM

I blame the rising beer prices.

STX_21
04-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I was there and it was actually really loud. I prob annoyed most of the people around me standing up most of the 2nd half but oh well they will get over it.

Yea, I was hoping it was just my perception and not that the whole stadium was actually sitting still.....I think I would have pissed them off too.

spurspf
04-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Yea, I was hoping it was just my perception and not that the whole stadium was actually sitting still.....I think I would have pissed them off too.

Your perception was right. I was there and the crowd was sitting down most of the time. Very loud though. The only time I remember a crowd being louder was game 7 against Detroit when I left the game with my ears hurting. The guy I feel bad for... the one sitting behind David Robinson, he had to keep peeking from one side of David's head to the other to see the game, all game long, made me laugh after a while seeing that.

spurastic
04-22-2008, 12:00 PM

I was at the game and there were no bored fans! I also went home with a sore throat and headache from the yelling. Where do you get the idea that the fans weren't responsive? I can tell you that ABC mutes the background crowd noise to some degree as I can tell this when I watch the game again at home.

Sportcamper
04-22-2008, 12:03 PM
I think it was absolutely horrible how the NBA handicapped Shaquille with those ridiculous offensive fouls…Just to level the playing field for Duncan…:bang

Bartleby
04-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Another Laker fan afraid of the Spurs