View Full Version : Word of the Day: Duncan Face

magui86770
04-22-2008, 01:18 PM
From...

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/

Funny... :lol

Bartleby
04-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Wouldn't be complete without that quote from Isaac at TruePoop.

Str8Ballin
04-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Basketbawful is good page. I look at it often

Xylus
04-22-2008, 01:29 PM
The "But I'm Tim Duncan's Teammate!" Face. Because I really am Tim Duncan's teammate! (Starring Manu Ginobili as himself.)'

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2289/2433443809_653189604d_o.jpg

:lmao

T Park
04-22-2008, 01:40 PM
should we bust out the Amare

"But i done didn't fowl him do"

Gino
04-22-2008, 01:48 PM

"But i done didn't fowl him do"

Dumbass....because Amare's speaks in ebonics, right? :rolleyes

SAtown
04-22-2008, 03:40 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/wsttlw.jpg

ROFL

Cry Havoc
04-22-2008, 03:51 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3163/2434922734_dc6074c67d_o.jpg

5. The "I've grown a second, evil head!" face. Because oh my God, IT'S ALIVE!! (And it looks just like Kevin Garnett. Huh. That's pretty weird.)

:lmao

:lol

balli
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Pretty damn good. If how accurate it was didn't disgust me so much I might have even laughed. Tim Duncan's great at basketball, but because of these antics, I have a hard time seeing him for anything other than just a crying little bitch. Too bad, because me and millions of other people might have actually liked him and the Spurs otherwise.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-22-2008, 03:56 PM
:lol "You fucked with the wrong marine!"

Str8Ballin
04-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Pretty damn good. If how accurate it was didn't disgust me so much I might have even laughed. Tim Duncan's great at basketball, but because of these antics, I have a hard time seeing him for anything other than just a crying little bitch. Too bad, because me and millions of other people might have actually liked him and the Spurs otherwise.

:tu

Finally a voice of reason.

Bartleby
04-22-2008, 04:04 PM

Nah, you'd still be hating on TD and the rest of Spurs, just like all those other crybaby fans whose teams got bitchslapped by the Spurs in the playoffs.

ClingingMars
04-22-2008, 04:06 PM
they can whine all they want while we win more championships.

- Mars

mbass
04-22-2008, 04:09 PM

Who cares whether you like Duncan or not - most on this board do so go away.

Str8Ballin
04-22-2008, 04:14 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/wsttlw.jpg

ROFL

I'd say Dirk has the Duncan face down.

DAF86
04-22-2008, 04:39 PM
This thing is funny, but I could do the same with every team and every player with pics from one single game. This guy clearly's something against the Spurs.

balli
04-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Who cares whether you like Duncan or not - most on this board do so go away.

Listen Fucko. My point wasn't to say I dislike Duncan. If that was my point in posting on this board I'd just create thread after thread saying how much I dislike him. My point was that his constant bitching and moaning is a turn-off to me and many other fans who might have liked him otherwise. Considering this specific thread is about said issue of Duncan bitching and moaining all the time, I thought it was pretty damn apt and appropriate to say what I did. Sorry you didn't like my dissent. Must have be awful for you.

Also, I hate this fucking attitude people have about all sorts of stuff, which you're employing now in relation to Tim Duncan. It's like, if you think differently than the majority, go away. It's simple minded and obtuse. Just like you in general mbass.

spursfan09
04-22-2008, 05:23 PM
I really don't give a shit if other fans like Duncan and the Spurs. Stay off the bandwagon and let the other true fans have room to party with eachother.

balli
04-22-2008, 05:36 PM
I was just reading a post that Kori wrote to someone telling them to shut up when it comes to telling non-spurs fans to get off the spurs forum. I can't find it, but I think it was in classics. I don't get it? My post had everything to do with the nature of the thread. Everything. Do some of you Spurs fans really just want to sit around sucking each other's dicks over how great the Spurs are? These are great boards and I'd guess that admin has worked pretty damn hard to make this place attractive for fans of other teams to come and post here. If you can't take a little diversity in opinion I'd suggest that's it's not me that should be staying out of the forum.

spursfan09
04-22-2008, 05:41 PM
I have no problem with fans posting here. They bring good diversity. It's just wierd that fans hate us so much, I wonder why they even bother posting here.

thispego
04-22-2008, 05:43 PM
This thing is funny, but I could do the same with every team and every player with pics from one single game. This guy clearly's something against the Spurs.

EXACTLY, that is the funniest part about it

magui86770
04-22-2008, 05:46 PM
I also wonder about the hate. I notice this in quite of number of sports blogs. I chalk it up to the same hate the patriots received. Imagine the hate spewed if these blogs/forums exist during the lakers/celtics/bulls runs!

balli
04-22-2008, 05:47 PM
I have no problem with fans posting here. They bring good diversity. It's just wierd that fans hate us so much, I wonder why they even bother posting here.

Because it's a really good board, with very good rules and logistics, with a lot of very knowledgable people, who represent a lot of different teams. If there was a Jazz board that was this good I'd post there, but there isn't. I can't help but dislike the Spurs, I can only feel the way I feel. But I also can't help but like this forum. It's far better than most.

rAm
04-22-2008, 05:48 PM
I was just reading a post that Kori wrote to someone telling them to shut up when it comes to telling non-spurs fans to get off the spurs forum. I can't find it, but I think it was in classics. I don't get it? My post had everything to do with the nature of the thread. Everything. Do some of you Spurs fans really just want to sit around sucking each other's dicks over how great the Spurs are? These are great boards and I'd guess that admin has worked pretty damn hard to make this place attractive for fans of other teams to come and post here. If you can't take a little diversity in opinion I'd suggest that's it's not me that should be staying out of the forum.

Not at all, I love the outside commentary.

Personally Ballijuana, I think you are dead on about most topics.

About the whole Duncan whining thing. Fact is, Duncan is very good at not fouling. So when he thinks fouls are called incorrectly, he expresses it. The only problem is, people commiting the foul are biased towards themselves and don't feel like they made a mistake.

Everyone in the league is guilty of complaining when they think they didn't foul someone, the thing is, Duncan is just a very good defender and holds a high standard for himself. So when he thinks he didn't make a mistake, he shows it, and it happens a lot.

I agree the Spurs "whine" a lot and sometimes its justified, but it happens so much that when they actually don't deserve to have a foul called against them it doesn't matter. They need to cut it out so they don't get distracted from the game.

Reffing in todays game is too ticky tacky, minimal contact should be allowed so the game isn't decided by fucking freethrows.

duncan228
04-22-2008, 05:52 PM

The best part of ST is the mix of people. If it was just Spurs fans it would get old quick.

The trolls of other teams bug me, not the fans. Anyone who's here to simply be nasty is a waste of time to me. The trolls that bring humor and are here to add something are great, but the ones who just want to rile people up I don't get. It seems like a lot of work on their part just to piss people off. I guess they feed on that anger.

What I've seen in my time here is that people come and go, fans, trolls, even Spurs bandwagoners. Some find a home here and stay. It's that core group of regulars that made me stay. And that group is not just Spurs fans.

duncan228
04-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Oh, and this is the best board going. There's a reason that people find it and stay. Their own teams boards aren't in the same league as ST.

Cherry
04-22-2008, 06:02 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2064/2422509737_46ea8282b1_o.jpg

find Gasol and Scola :rollin

balli
04-22-2008, 06:15 PM
The trolls of other teams bug me, not the fans. Anyone who's here to simply be nasty is a waste of time to me. The trolls that bring humor and are here to add something are great, but the ones who just want to rile people up I don't get. It seems like a lot of work on their part just to piss people off. I guess they feed on that anger.

I do realize that and maybe I should use more discretion and choose my words more carefully when I label or talk about the Spurs and/or their players. I mean, despite the diversity here, I guess I do have to realize that this is in fact a Spurs board at heart and I should respect that more than I have. Certainly, in this thread for example, I could have gotten my original and worthwhile point across without calling Duncan a crying bitch, but I'd like to think that it was still a good point and that usually I'm adding something, not taking away. I guess I'll have to work on not being inflammatory while making my anti-spur arguments.

And yes, this board pretty much blows everything else out of the water.

And rAm, I get what you're saying about Duncan's high standards for himself and his defense and how he often feels let down by the refs, but I also, like you, think it goes too far sometimes. In fact, most of the time. It would be better for him and me alike if he'd just learn to chill out about the refs. As a guy who's disliked the Spurs going back to the early 90's it really, really does bug me. I can't help it. But like I said, I really respect Duncan's game and thus understand completely why it is that he bitches so much, even if it does make it near impossible for me to witness sometimes.

LakerMagic
04-22-2008, 06:20 PM
I do realize that and maybe I should use more discretion and choose my words more carefully when I label or talk about the Spurs and/or their players. I mean, despite the diversity here, I guess I do have to realize that this is in fact a Spurs board at heart and I should respect that more than I have. Certainly, in this thread for example, I could have gotten my original and worthwhile point across without calling Duncan a crying bitch, but I'd like to think that it was still a good point and that usually I'm adding something, not taking away. I guess I'll have to work on not being inflammatory while making my anti-spur arguments.

And yes, this board pretty much blows everything else out of the water.

And rAm, I get what you're saying about Duncan's high standards for himself and his defense and how he often feels let down by the refs, but I also, like you, think it goes too far sometimes. In fact, most of the time. It would be better for him and me alike if he'd just learn to chill out about the refs. As a guy who's disliked the Spurs going back to the early 90's it really, really does bug me. I can't help it. But like I said, I really respect Duncan's game and thus understand completely why it is that he bitches so much, even if it does make it near impossible for me to witness sometimes.

See you next round........We shall have lively discussion Im sure.

sprrs
04-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Too bad, because me and millions of other people might have actually liked him and the Spurs otherwise.

Doubtful, because then you'd hate 90% of all NBA players and their teams.

balli
04-22-2008, 06:23 PM
See you next round........We shall have lively discussion Im sure.

What motherfu... Nah just playin'. I'll see you then. :toast

Spurminator
04-22-2008, 06:26 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56988&highlight=duncan+whining+petition

ballijuana, a little more than a year ago even Spurs fans agreed with you on this.

duncan228
04-22-2008, 06:28 PM

It is a Spurs board, I think everyone finds it because of the Spurs, whether we're Spurs fans or fans of a team they're playing. But a fan of any team gets welcomed here if they bring conversation. Not being inflammatory will make your points easier to listen to. If you come at someone strong you usually put them on defense before they can even think to respond to your point.

BiZNicK
04-22-2008, 06:33 PM

Everyone whines and cries about calls, it's part of the game. If you'd watch basketball you would know that. Get over it now, it's really old, thanks.

balli
04-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Everyone whines and cries about calls, it's part of the game. If you'd watch basketball you would know that. Get over it now, it's really old, thanks.

Okay. I will. But did you bother to read the entire thread?

Elraptor
04-22-2008, 06:37 PM

"But i done didn't fowl him do":lol Amare Amare :lmao

PlayoffEx-static
04-22-2008, 06:46 PM

Tim's only really gotten whiney in maybe the last 3 seasons after his bad ankle sprain and plantar fasciatis, and nobody liked him before that, so you'll pardon me if I take what you said with a grain of salt.

It's also funny that a Utah Jazz fan calls out ANY player on ANY other team for being a crying bitch.

balli
04-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Tim's only really gotten whiney in maybe the last 3 seasons after his bad ankle sprain and plantar fasciatis, and nobody liked him before that, so you'll pardon me if I take what you said with a grain of salt.

Actually I was lying. I'm no Keith Van Horn fan, but when he was a Runnin' Ute I sure was. I was just a stupid kid, but I really didn't like Duncan ever, beginning at the time he was still at Wake Forest. So I guess you rightfully can take what I said with a grain of salt. The complaining doesn't help though.

It's also funny that a Utah Jazz fan calls out ANY player on ANY other team for being a crying bitch.
In reference to AK? Fuck AK. I want him out of here.

spurs2012
04-22-2008, 06:52 PM
i thought basketbawful was damn funny.

FlAVaK
04-23-2008, 04:04 AM
i thought basketbawful was damn funny.

It is. And they are makin fun of everbody, not only Duncan and the Spurs!
It`s the second place I visit daily, after ST :king

angel_luv
04-23-2008, 08:04 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/del9x5.jpg

8. The "Cheaters really do prosper" goofy grin face. Because it feels sooooo good to cheat and win. [From an anonymous Spurs fan.]

:wtf

angel_luv
04-23-2008, 08:05 AM
:lol Cherry!

Hold me, Pau!

carina_gino20
04-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Tim also annoys me a bit when he lets the calls get to him and distract him from the game. But what I really like about him is that when Pop tells him "Stop whining", Tim follows. When he puts his mind to it, he can go through a game with only legit complaints.

Now what really bothers me more is when players whine after the game. I can understand whining during a game to a certain extent because emotions are running high. And there's still something that can be done to correct the calls (rarely, but there's at least a chance). But whining to the media after the game doesn't accomplish anything. One of the things I love about the Spurs is that no matter how banged up they are during a game, when it's finished, they leave it there. They don't cry to the media about the unfairness of life. When other teams do that, it's just weak.