PDA

View Full Version : places to eat before the game tonight near ATT Center?

CharlieMac
04-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Downtown will be out of the question due to drunk brown people. Where else do you all suggest?

T Park
04-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Well, theres not much around other than a McDonalds that I know of :lol

florige
04-22-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm always to nervous to eat during, or right before the game. Unless we are playing Memphis or something.

fatsack
04-22-2008, 02:02 PM
isn't there a iceman's pub across the street?

http://www.icemanspub.com/

Soul_Patch
04-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Its not great food, but ive always liked stopping at The Little Red Barn steakhouse on hackberry before a game.

It has a lot of history, and its OK food, but not great.

Los Spurs
04-22-2008, 02:08 PM
There really isn't any good restaurants around the AT&T Center since it's basically located in an Industrial area.

mrsmaalox
04-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Why don't you just eat at the AT&T? Super duper, double whammy, extreme, ultimate nachos are probably the junkiest, most unhealthy food in the world....but, hey, it's the playoffs! :)

RandomGuy
04-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Why don't you just eat at the AT&T?

Answer:

Because I would rather not spend my kids college money on a $10,000 dollar box of Nachos.

I have yet to do a good scouting job of the surrounding area for good restaurants. It would be a good weekend project sometime.

CharlieMac
04-22-2008, 03:45 PM
There really isn't any good restaurants around the AT&T Center since it's basically located in an Industrial area.

Well, I didnt mean anything of Houston and Walters or anything, just nearby or something.

mrsmaalox
04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Answer:
Because I would rather not spend my kids college money on a $10,000 dollar box of Nachos.

:wow I always get them for around $7 !!

thispego
04-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Are you all shitting me?? Grady's BBQ qwithout question is the quintessential eat-before-the-game restaurant

midgetonadonkey
04-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Downtown will be out of the question due to drunk brown people. Where else do you all suggest?

You scared of drunk brown people?

Pussy.

Mixability
04-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Why don't you just eat at the AT&T? Super duper, double whammy, extreme, ultimate nachos are probably the junkiest, most unhealthy food in the world....but, hey, it's the playoffs! :)

:tu

The brownies they have are excellent.

RandomGuy
04-22-2008, 04:02 PM
:wow I always get them for around $7 !!

$7 for 80 cents worth of chips covered in 20 cents worth of Cheeze-Whiz?

Hell for $5, I'd smuggle some in under my hat...

Mmmm hairy nachos...

SpursWoman
04-22-2008, 04:03 PM
You can always get a $10.00 Whataburger dinner for 2 at the at&t center for $30.00! :lol

Mixability
04-22-2008, 04:09 PM

Mmmm hairy nachos...

It because of cheap skates like you, that the Spurs Health Care Plan won't cover Dimoxinil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpson_and_Delilah) for Manu! :madrun

mrsmaalox
04-22-2008, 04:13 PM

Mmmm hairy nachos...

Oh no....the ones I'm talking about have a meat-like substance on them, with jalapenos, black olives, salsa, the cheese, pico degallo and sour cream! Very decadent :hungry: And you could probably find the odd hair or 2!

bus driver
04-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Lord's Kitchen

i am not saying it is the best or the worst.....
it is just a place to eat

http://search.cityguide.aol.com/sanantonio/restaurants/lords-kitchen/v-109232445

curtismedellin
04-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Whoever planned location for the AT&T Center missed out on a golden opportunity to really make San Antonio shine. Can you imagine having some local pubs/resturants/icehouses to hang out at before and after the game.Talk about establishing a sports environment, fan loyalty and fervor. How many stories have people in Spurstalk heard or experienced when visiting places like Wrigley Field, or South Bends Notre Dame Stadium. Peolple take home those memories, tell others and create a type of Mecca (for lack of a better word) where others want to visit.

Oh well I guess getting a good price for the land was worth it. Who doesent want to see some of San Antonios' prime industrial parks?

Jerry Jones for all his egotism gets it. Dalls already has a Super Bowl scheduled within two years of opening the doors of it's new stadium.

Just sayin'...

SAtown
04-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Talk about establishing a sports environment, fan loyalty and fervor. How many stories have people in Spurstalk heard or experienced when visiting places like Wrigley Field, or South Bends Notre Dame Stadium. Peolple take home those memories, tell others and create a type of Mecca (for lack of a better word) where others want to visit.

You're damn right. I went to a Patriots game in Foxboro in 02, the stadium was in the middle of nowhere, and it still had a couple restaurants and bars within walking distance of the stadium.

Billy Cobham
04-22-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm always to nervous to eat during, or right before the game. Unless we are playing Memphis or something.

Your sig would be good...

CharlieMac
04-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Where is this Grady's?

robino2001
04-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Grady's is right off 35 north of AT&T center parkway... southbound access road.

We've never gone before a Spurs game, but wife and I'll do Spaghetti Warehouse for other events - and it's a straight shot to the arena.

Louie Vega
04-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Just walk right across the street to what used to be Icemans. Great burgers and cheap beer. Not draft either ,bottles.