PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Hill's Status Undetermined

duncan228
04-22-2008, 04:18 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/04/jeff_mcdonald_h_4.html

Jeff McDonald: Hill's status undetermined

It's 2:50 p.m., and Grant Hill's status is still undetermined for Game 2 tonight against the Spurs. Phoenix coach Mike D'Antoni sounded confident that Hill's balky groin would allow him to give it a go, but nobody is totally sure.

Least of all Hill.

"I don't have the answer right now," Hill said after this morning's shootaround. "Usually, by this time of day, I've known whether I'm going to play or not. Really, right now, I think it's a game-time decision."

Hill doesn't quite figure into the Suns' game plan like, say, Steve Nash does. Still, he's a nice piece to have. D'Antoni has been itching to use Hill's length against Tony Parker, but hasn't had a chance.

Hill played a shade more than 28 minutes in Game 1, though his pulled groin obviously bothered him by the end of his shift.

"I just want him to be totally well," D'Antoni said. "It's more important that he's 100 percent. We can't drag him along at 80 percent, 90 percent."

Said Hill: "Playing with pain is OK. But if it's getting worse when you're playing, that's not good for the big picture."

The Spurs, meanwhile, should be close to whole for tonight's game. Even Brent Barry and Robert Horry should be available, coach Gregg Popovich said, though it might take an extenuating set of circumstances for Horry to get in the game.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-22-2008, 04:19 PM
I hope Hill plays

and is healthy

DazedAndConfused
04-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Hill should sit out today's game and rest up till Friday.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Hill should sit out today's game and rest up till Friday.

and help the suns fight back from an 0-2 hole.

They need Hill asap

Cry Havoc
04-22-2008, 04:28 PM
and help the suns fight back from an 0-2 hole.

They need Hill asap

Actually I might agree with Dazed here. If Grant's mobility is limited at all, what are the Suns going to do when Hill has to switch to Parker on a screen and roll? It's going to make penetration for the Spurs a walk in the park. As much as Phoenix needs his savvy, they cannot afford to play someone who they will rely on defending one of the Spurs driving scorers.

The Suns are pretty screwed. They can win tonight, but they're going to have to play nearly flawlessly to do so unless Hill is at 95+%.

statman32
04-22-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure whether or not I want HIll playing. We really need him tonight but Barbosa has looked good in the starting line-up this season. Hopefully Girciek can step up because we could really use a good 20-25 min from him.

Crookshanks
04-22-2008, 04:37 PM
[url]
Brent Barry and Robert Horry should be available, coach Gregg Popovich said, though it might take an extenuating set of circumstances for Horry to get in the game.

Like the need for a hard hipcheck into the scorer's table?! :lmao

hater
04-22-2008, 04:46 PM
dantoni feels Hill is 100% just like he felt Suns won the game on sat :lol

Cry Havoc
04-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure whether or not I want HIll playing. We really need him tonight but Barbosa has looked good in the starting line-up this season. Hopefully Girciek can step up because we could really use a good 20-25 min from him.

Barbs is a good player, but how are you going to match up with the Spurs if Nash is on Bowen?

That means Barbosa has to cover Parker. Yikes. Tony scored 26 last game with a near concussion.

statman32
04-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Barbs is a good player, but how are you going to match up with the Spurs if Nash is on Bowen?

That means Barbosa has to cover Parker. Yikes. Tony scored 26 last game with a near concussion.

Oh I know. With Barbosa in the starting line-up our defense is gonna be horrible. I'm also hoping Giricek can play big minutes and stick to Manu all night. He might not be the greatest defender but he can be feisty at times. We will have to see.

Gino
04-22-2008, 05:02 PM

I don't think the Suns are worried about Tony Parker getting 26 points.

He can have them.

honestfool84
04-22-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't think the Suns are worried about Tony Parker getting 26 points.

He can have them.

they're worried about duncan getting 40+ :lol

Otaku
04-22-2008, 05:39 PM
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n21/OriginalSin78/atw13pz0.jpg

ROFLMAO!!!

Budkin
04-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Hill doesn't have much left in the tank... he needs to get out there now and help his team. He had enough damn rest when he was with the Magic.