PDA

View Full Version : Arena Sound Effects

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Having heard the Ric Flair "Whoooo!" in New Orleans for the millionth time this year, I thought I ask what some of you guys favorite and least favorite arena songs and sound bites are.

I'm a big fan of any arena that uses Nelson's "Ha ha!" after a bricked FT.

I'd like to see the use of 24's Beep, Boop, Beep, Boop followed by a signature Jack Bauer, "Dammit!", on shot clock violations.

And where's "Ya'll Ready for This" when you need it?!?

Thunder Dan
04-22-2008, 04:27 PM
I like when they play Soulja Boy (that part where he goes 'ohhhh') after Deshawn Stevenson misses shots here in Cleveland

balli
04-22-2008, 04:34 PM
I fucking hate Arena noise and thus, I hate the live NBA experience. Unless I'm sitting in the 12th row or below I'd just assume stay at home. I've said it a few times before, but if I wanted to watch games in an abnoxiously noisy & fluorescent environment surrounded by a bunch of clueless assholes, I'd set up a TV in the laundry room, turn on the dryer and invite the neighbors.

SAtown
04-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Least Favorites:

All NBA arenas need to stop the "Everybody clap your hands" immediately.

Hornets "Ric Flair" shit is incredibly annoying.

I think it's time to change Stan Kelly here in SA. I don't think he sounds too bad when I'm at the arena, but when I see a home game on TV, he sounds fucking terrible.

Favorites:

I always liked how Lakers and Knicks kept the piano/organ music.

Whenever certain Spurs players make a 3, you hear Andres Cantor's famous "Goooooooooooooooooooool"

Amuseddaysleeper
04-22-2008, 04:38 PM
I wish arenas wouldn't use any sound effects during a basketball game ever.

Same goes for music over the PA

rAm
04-22-2008, 05:06 PM
The way Stan Kelly sounds sometimes makes me cringe.

Holmes_Fans
04-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Same goes for music over the PA
Have you ever been to a game where there were no sounds played? I was at the one in Dallas when they tried it and it was horrible.

Want to experience it? Watch the game tonight with the TV on mute and that's basically it.

Budkin
04-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Organ music is the best. It's classic and it just works. But I like when the Spurs play the beginning to the song "Car Wash" that leads into the clapping.

T Park
04-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Boy you guys are some of the biggest kill joys I've ever seen.

balli
04-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Boy you guys are some of the biggest kill joys I've ever seen.

I'm not into doing that fixed shit, but I will say that the term is "purists"

I actually don't mind noise if it's kept at a minimum, but some of this shit is just garbage. I don't need to watch some bendable kook crawl out of a 2x2 plexiglass box or bunch of pre-pubescent girls wriggling to Lil' Jon to keep me entertained. Likewise I understand basketball to the point that I don't need a musical cue or a PA recording to let me know when something happens. I just want to see some good basketball and I'll know it when I see it.

I've never been to a Laker game, but what I can gather from TV, they do an excellent job of showing discretion and good taste when it comes to that shit. Every so often they'll pump a beat over the PA, but for the most part they turn the lights down and let the crowd just chill and enjoy the game. In other words, they trust their consumers enough that they don't try to guide their entertainment with a bunch of shitty music and freak acts.

Elraptor
04-22-2008, 06:51 PM
I wish arenas wouldn't use any sound effects during a basketball game ever.

Same goes for music over the PAThey gotta to something to keep people enertained though. :lol

I kinda like the Arena Sound Effects/Movies sometimes.

mrsmaalox
04-22-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm not real big on "Day-o" or the "Hokey-Pokey". But I was damned impressed the other night when I heard them playing The Smithereens!!! :tu

n0s4_PKJKbU&feature=related

dallaskd
04-22-2008, 09:48 PM
nothing beats TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!