PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we gained any fans saturday?

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-22-2008, 04:54 PM
I was just thinkin maybe the way we came back in such stunning fashion and the balls and emotion that tim and the guys showed, maybe we won over some fans that were previously "on the fence" as far as the spurs go.
If not i guess we are even more hated goin in to tonight. I kinda like bein the bad guys

Jimcs50
04-22-2008, 05:11 PM
I was a Raptors fan, but now I am a Spurs fan.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-22-2008, 05:12 PM
I was a Raptors fan, but now I am a Spurs fan.

:lol

Ocotillo
04-22-2008, 05:26 PM
It would be nice to be noticed. It doesn't matter if they hate the Spurs or root for us, as long as they have a rooting interest. Otherwise, the Spurs get less prime time exposure.

Billy Cobham
04-22-2008, 05:27 PM
No.

balli
04-22-2008, 05:30 PM
I dislike the Spurs as much as ever, but I am watching them at least. Which is more than could be said of last years finals. I think Spurs/Suns is by far the most compelling series.

SpursFanFirst
04-22-2008, 05:39 PM
I was just thinkin maybe the way we came back in such stunning fashion and the balls and emotion that tim and the guys showed, maybe we won over some fans that were previously "on the fence" as far as the spurs go.
If not i guess we are even more hated goin in to tonight. I kinda like bein the bad guys

Doubtful. If anything, it probably pissed more people off. They LOVE to hate the Spurs!

T Park
04-22-2008, 05:41 PM
The haters will continue to live in ignorance.

FromWayDowntown
04-22-2008, 05:50 PM
I wrote a response to Henry Abbott yesterday about the editorial choices involved in selecting that e-mail from Isaac to include in his bullets about the Spurs/Suns series. In that process, I explained to him (whether he cares or not) that "my enjoyment of this team [the Spurs] grows with the knowledge that they are basically despised beyond their own fanbase. It’s as though I’m privy to this wonderful secret that nobody else can really get their arms around."

At this point, I don't care if anyone else likes the Spurs or not. I take umbrage with those who suggest that the Spurs successes have been given to them or are otherwise unearned (ala Isaac's infamous e-mail to Abbott) but, frankly, if people choose to dislike the Spurs -- no matter how irrational their reasons for disliking the Spurs might be -- I'm cool with that. It's gotten kind of fun to root for a team that pisses off the rest of the world.

Budkin
04-22-2008, 05:51 PM
If they're not a fan already, they're not going to be one.

T Park
04-22-2008, 05:51 PM
I wrote a response to Henry Abbott yesterday about the editorial choices involved in selecting that e-mail from Isaac to include in his bullets about the Spurs/Suns series. In that process, I explained to him (whether he cares or not) that "my enjoyment of this team [the Spurs] grows with the knowledge that they are basically despised beyond their own fanbase. It’s as though I’m privy to this wonderful secret that nobody else can really get their arms around."

At this point, I don't care if anyone else likes the Spurs or not. I take umbrage with those who suggest that the Spurs successes have been given to them or are otherwise unearned (ala Isaac's infamous e-mail to Abbott) but, frankly, if people choose to dislike the Spurs -- no matter how irrational their reasons for disliking the Spurs might be -- I'm cool with that. It's gotten kind of fun to root for a team that pisses off the rest of the world.

Its also gotten fun to be thought of as the big bad asses cominig to rape your wives and pillage your damn homes.

Time to kick some ass espuelas :)

remingtonbo2001
04-22-2008, 05:54 PM
I doubt we gained any fans, but I definitely would say we earned the respect of basketball fans in general. Kinda like Jordan and the Bulls. You never really liked them, but you admired and respected their determination.

Galileo
04-22-2008, 06:04 PM
I've been a Bobcats fan for 40 years, until Duncan came along.

Elraptor
04-22-2008, 06:45 PM
I was a Raptors fan, but now I am a Spurs fan.FTW! :lol

BillsCarnage
04-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Do you think we gained any fans saturday?

Hopefully you gained enough to sell out the game.. :lmao:lmao

curtismedellin
04-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Who cares, they're all bandwagon fans at this point.

O-Factor
04-22-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't care if we "gained" any fans. I want to gain another championship or 3

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-22-2008, 07:35 PM
well i got some expected answers
i was just wonderin if there where some haters out there that saw that game and were just like " damn, the spurs really dont F around"
then maybe root for us this game

Amuseddaysleeper
04-22-2008, 07:39 PM
It's just nice to win.

Period.

reddog 99
04-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Hopefully you gained enough to sell out the game.. :lmao:lmao

Boy, life must really be frickin boring in that oasis you call a city. To troll here when you could be smackin' up your own board is pretty pathetic.

BTW. There are a few quality places with mega festivities going on to watch our Spurs.

You must understand that we consider this a part of our culture to be in the Playoffs and to be celebrating with a mighty Fiesta the independence of the greatest frickin State in the Union.

Don't hate the player........

Respect our game.............

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

O-Factor
04-22-2008, 07:43 PM
well i got some expected answers
i was just wonderin if there where some haters out there that saw that game and were just like " damn, the spurs really dont F around"
then maybe root for us this game

Im sure that may be true of fans who have a real appreciation for the game of basketball.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-22-2008, 07:59 PM
What the idiots don't understand out there is that from now on to the end of this post-season, any series the Spurs play is going to be the most watched, most interesting series. Think about it, if the Spurs beat the Suns and play against NO or Dallas, that series will be more interesting than LAL/Utah, etc and so on. The Spurs are now in the big stage.

Supreme_Being
04-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Spurs fan through and through.

JoeTait75
04-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Maybe it's because I'm in the East and we don't see a whole lot of the Spurs, but I really don't see this supposed hatred. As far as I can see the Spurs generate respect and acknowledgement for their achievements, but not a whole lot of passion one way or another.

Maybe it's a Western thing?

ShoogarBear
04-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Who Cares Forum.

In case you haven't noticed, non-Spur fans are losers who still hang out in Spurs forums. ;)

MagnusKrauss
04-22-2008, 11:31 PM
i think that where i work, they always root for whoever the Spurs face. That was annoying during my first six months, but i got them in the end. :D

hopefully my officemates are wrong this year too. (they all bet phoenix wins)

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
the world is learning

NRHector
04-22-2008, 11:39 PM
If not i guess we are even more hated goin in to tonight. I kinda like bein the bad guysyou know what we don't need those part-timers fans, we are fine the way we are

NRHector
04-22-2008, 11:40 PM

NRHector
04-22-2008, 11:43 PM

At this point, I don't care if anyone else likes the Spurs or not. I take umbrage with those who suggest that the Spurs successes have been given to them or are otherwise unearned (ala Isaac's infamous e-mail to Abbott) but, frankly, if people choose to dislike the Spurs -- no matter how irrational their reasons for disliking the Spurs might be -- I'm cool with that. It's gotten kind of fun to root for a team that pisses off the rest of the world.:tu

703 Spurz
04-23-2008, 12:13 AM

Fuck that bullshit. It's all about Spurs Nation. I don't want any bandwagon motherfuckers on this boat man.

Bob Lanier
04-23-2008, 12:17 AM
What about bandwagon-ass cats?