PDA

View Full Version : Let's Get "Fire Avery" Going at the AAC

monosylab1k
04-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Fellow Mavs fans,

If anybody is planning on going to Game 3 or Game 4, I STRONGLY urge you to bring a nice "FIRE AVERY" sign and get the "FIRE AVERY!" *clap clap clapclapclap* chant going. Or better yet, just use the poster board & markers already provided at the arena, that way Cuban is paying for our civil disobedience.

I sure as hell will be doing it.

I dunno if I'm going to Game 3 or 4 yet, but let me know and maybe we can get some Fire Avery solidarity going at the AAC.

ducks
04-22-2008, 07:19 PM
yeah it is avery's fault they changed their starting point guard late in the year
and have had hardly any practice with each other with him

monosylab1k
04-22-2008, 07:19 PM
kill yourself ducks

endrity
04-22-2008, 07:21 PM
yeah it is avery's fault they changed their starting point guard late in the year
and have had hardly any practice with each other with him

Well Avery pushed for the trade, he never let Devin run anything. Ofcourse he is doing the same with Kidd so it goes to show you that there only was one real PG in the NBA history .. Avery Johnson himself.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-22-2008, 07:23 PM
What is Avery doing wrong now? I only saw the final minute of the first half.

ducks
04-22-2008, 07:25 PM
hornets are the better team then dallas
aj should be judged with kidd after trading camp
it is easier to fit in a big man then a point guard during the end of the season

mavs>spurs2
04-22-2008, 07:28 PM
hornets are the better team then dallas
aj should be judged with kidd after trading camp
it is easier to fit in a big man then a point guard during the end of the season

:wtf

kill yourself ducks

mavsfan1000
04-22-2008, 07:29 PM
What is Avery doing wrong now? I only saw the final minute of the first half.
Starting Suckhouse on the last day of regular season, switching the pic and roll as well trapping Paul with Dampier (our slowest player), Kidd going over the pic allowing Paul to get into the lane, and too much isolation on the offense. Kidd only posted paul once and got 2 points. Either Kidd is stubborn to do that or Avery just doesn't mention Kidd to post up. :flipoff to Avery

san antonio spurs
04-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Avery won't get fired this year. I see Cuban giving him the benefit of the doubt and probably firing him after next year if they suck ass again.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-22-2008, 07:31 PM
The bottom line is the fans at the AAC suck, they barely cheer when the Mavs do something good and you expect them to say "Fire Avery"?I can't really blame them though, they are probably just as frustrated as I am.

Crookshanks
04-22-2008, 07:40 PM
I thought you guys wanted the Mavs to win at home - starting "fire Avery" chants sure isn't going to help your team!

monosylab1k
04-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Game 4 when elimination is imminent, all Mavs fans need to let their voice be heard and scream FIRE AVERY till the roof comes off!

Findog
04-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Avery won't get fired this year. I see Cuban giving him the benefit of the doubt and probably firing him after next year if they suck ass again.

Avery has two more games left after this one.

Findog
04-22-2008, 07:51 PM
I want the following to depart this summer after this ouster by New Orleans. These guys are stealing your money Cubes:

Avery Johnson
Josh Howard
Juwan Howard
Eddie Jones
Devean George
Malik Allen
JJ Barea
Jason Terry
Jamaal Magloire
Jerry Stackhouse

These guys can come back:

Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Brandon Bass
Antoine Wright

Don't care either way:

Tyronn Lue

td4mvp21
04-22-2008, 07:52 PM
We'll take Josh Howard off your hands.

The Mavs run too much isolation plays by the way.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-22-2008, 07:54 PM
I want the following to depart this summer after this ouster by New Orleans. These guys are stealing your money Cubes:

Avery Johnson
Josh Howard
Juwan Howard
Eddie Jones
Devean George
Malik Allen
JJ Barea
Jason Terry
Jamaal Magloire
Jerry Stackhouse

These guys can come back:

Dirk Nowitzki
Jason Kidd
Brandon Bass
Antoine Wright

Don't care either way:

Tyronn Lue

Bass is Spurs material.

Findog
04-22-2008, 07:55 PM

He's got an attitude and doesn't want to buy in.

Hopefully the Mavs will trade him to the East. He's not the Josh Howard you've seen the past 3 years.

td4mvp21
04-22-2008, 07:59 PM
He's got an attitude and doesn't want to buy in.

Hopefully the Mavs will trade him to the East. He's not the Josh Howard you've seen the past 3 years.

A change of scenery (especially to the Spurs?) might do him good. Pop is a good coach who respects his players all the same and isn't a dictator. Howard and Parker could get the Spurs off to fast starts while Ginobili and Duncan can close it off in the fourth :drunk

Findog
04-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Our only hope for returning to contention is for Dirk to put his foot down like Kobe and some of these other franchise guys and start demanding some help. You can't put this on him.

Elraptor
04-22-2008, 08:06 PM
w00t!

www.FireAvery.com

FireAvery!

The Nba Is Rigged
04-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Most superstar players would be demanding a trade right about now, but we have someone like Dirk who will continue to stay in this mess with us. Mavs fans don't appreciate this guy enough, Alot of people on this team have to go - Magloire, Brickhouse, The weed smoker, JJB, Avery Johnson, Devean George, Eddie Jones

mavsfan1000
04-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Players to keep
Dirk-Obviously as he is the franchise player.
Dampier-He needs some help. We need another center with more mobility. Tyson Chandler would be a dream come true. Too bad we couldn't get him in the past.
Howard-Around the right players and he can be awesome but the chemistry is bad right now.
Everyone else is definitely worthy of being traded. Bass is such a horrible team defender. He is always out of position. Maybe give him another year to figure it out since he's only 22. He should lose some weight and extend his range so we can play him at the 3 position. Never the 5 position.

Holmes_Fans
04-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Paul with 5 fouls. If he doesn't foul out Avery should have to find his own ride home.

Findog
04-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Howard absolutely has to go. Fuck him.

mavsfan1000
04-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Howard absolutely has to go. Fuck him.
Howard is our second best player. The chemistry around him is bad. We should have a defender/slasher at the 2 or defender/slasher at the 1. We got neither and Stackhouse looking like he is 40 out there.

dallaskd
04-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Id rather keep avery and cuban sell the team.

Findog
04-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Howard is our second best player.

He's regressed and has a bad attitude.

The chemistry around him is bad.

Actually he's a huge source of the bad chemistry.

Tacker
04-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Fellow Mavs fans,

If anybody is planning on going to Game 3 or Game 4, I STRONGLY urge you to bring a nice "FIRE AVERY" sign and get the "FIRE AVERY!" *clap clap clapclapclap* chant going. Or better yet, just use the poster board & markers already provided at the arena, that way Cuban is paying for our civil disobedience.

I dunno if I'm going to Game 3 or 4 yet, but let me know and maybe we can get some Fire Avery solidarity going at the AAC.

Its not Avery's fault the mavs traded almost half of their team including a young bright PG for 1 player

Elraptor
04-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Its not Avery's fault the mavs traded almost half of their team including a young bright PG for 1 playerHe had something to do with it. :ihit ;)

stretch
04-22-2008, 10:22 PM
I know a lot of people here are wanting Terry gone too, but we have all see how fucking awesome that guy can be. I think he really cannot stand Avery, and the way that Avery doesn't let him play more freely like he used to be allowed to has really held him back. I want Terry back. I think a new coach would help him greatly. But Howard can get the fuck out for all I care. He has always been a bonehead and a choker. Terry has more often than not came through for us in the clutch.

Samr
04-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Go me.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2545/dallasmotivationas8.jpg

Findog
04-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Goddamn the Suns have scored 2 points with 3 minutes left in the third

The Nba Is Rigged
04-22-2008, 10:30 PM
I know a lot of people here are wanting Terry gone too, but we have all see how fucking awesome that guy can be. I think he really cannot stand Avery, and the way that Avery doesn't let him play more freely like he used to be allowed to has really held him back. I want Terry back. I think a new coach would help him greatly. But Howard can get the fuck out for all I care. He has always been a bonehead and a choker. Terry has more often than not came through for us in the clutch.

:toast

monosylab1k
04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Get rid of Avery, Josh, Stack, and Terry. Get fitting pieces around Dirk & Kidd. And go for it one last time.

If it doesn't work next year, then blow this fucking thing sky high.

Findog
04-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Get rid of Avery, Josh, Stack, and Terry. Get fitting pieces around Dirk & Kidd. And go for it one last time.

If it doesn't work next year, then blow this fucking thing sky high.

Cosigned

MrChug
04-22-2008, 11:04 PM
...sound of MavsFan jumping off the bandwagon, but said bandwagon is moving so fast that the only sound of them hitting the road it's traveling on is SPLAT

Findog
04-22-2008, 11:35 PM
...sound of MavsFan jumping off the bandwagon, but said bandwagon is moving so fast that the only sound of them hitting the road it's traveling on is SPLAT

We're just criticizing our team for an appalling embarrassment. We've earned the right to do that. This isn't about jumping off a bandwagon. I care about this team, probably way more than I should as it relates to what's important. I've spent a ton of money on tickets, apparel, etc. I want this team to succeed.

I've been through Roy Tarpley and Quinn Buckner, and this is just another painful chapter. I don't know if you're talking about me or not, but I'll say this: I can handle almost any insult towards my team, but I won't stand for being called a bandwagoner.

MajicMan
04-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Why not start a Dirk Novitski is a pussy chant? I mean, Avery took you all the way to the Finals. A coach can only do so much.

Findog
04-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Why not start a Dirk Novitski is a pussy chant? I mean, Avery took you all the way to the Finals. A coach can only do so much.

Dirk took Avery to the Finals. You got it backwards. Of course, Avery agrees with you, which is his biggest problem.

Findog
04-23-2008, 12:03 AM
I said this in pm to a kind Spurs fan consoling me on the Mavs curbstomping tonight, but it basically sums up how I feel:

"I'm not even really that mad. Hopefully this is bottoming out and Cuban starts making changes. I hope this is rock bottom anyway. I would rather root for a hustling, overachieving team like Philly than a really talented team that still manages to be a laughingstock.

That's probably what is most frustrating of all: Being a laughingstock. When we had Finley and Nash, there was no way we were going to beat the Spurs or the Lakers in the playoffs, and those teams played with a lot of heart and passion and you could be proud of them win or lose. I don't like our coach and it looks like our players don't either. You're right in that they don't seem to care. Losing is one thing, completely folding and not competing is another.

One thing I will say is that Dirk deserves better and I hope they get rid of some of the cancers and surround him with high-character guys that are professional. That's one thing I admire about the Spurs: they may have their ups and downs during the regular season, and they even mail in a few regular-season games, but they're always ready for the money season and they simply DO NOT GO DOWN without a fight. The way they battled back and took care of Phoenix in the second half reminded me of how we used to play. Guys going for loose balls, hustling, just basically taking pride in what they're doing. If you're going to beat the Spurs, you're going to have to take their best shot. Right now you can't say that about the Mavs.

I'd love more than anything to cheer for a title team, but first things first, I want to root for a team that competes and is professional, and isn't a joke. Dallas may not be as bad as the Grizzlies or the Kings, but they're a joke."

MajicMan
04-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Dirk took Avery to the Finals. You got it backwards. Of course, Avery agrees with you, which is biggest problem.

If that makes you feel better. I guess so.

Findog
04-23-2008, 12:16 AM
If that makes you feel better. I guess so.

It's just the truth. Mavs suck either way.

MajicMan
04-23-2008, 12:23 AM

I agree with you there. Up 2-0 in the Finals. I don't know what to say bro. Doesn't look like you're getting out of the first round either this year. Might have been an easier match up against the Lakers. :fro

Findog
04-23-2008, 12:24 AM
I agree with you there. Up 2-0 in the Finals. I don't know what to say bro. Doesn't look like you're getting out of the first round either this year. Might have been an easier match up against the Lakers. :fro

In some ways, I kinda wish we never went to the Finals. It's tougher when you come as close as you possibly can and don't get it done. Probably what Al Gore feels like.

SpursDynasty
04-23-2008, 12:31 AM
NOH ain't winning this series.

Findog
04-23-2008, 12:31 AM
NOH ain't winning this series.

They're absolutely winning the series now, if it wasn't already clear.

The SpursDynasty jinx is in.

baseline bum
04-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Fellow Mavs fans,

Not AJ's fault that Kidd's done.

jmard5
04-23-2008, 01:57 AM
I thought you guys wanted the Mavs to win at home - starting "fire Avery" chants sure isn't going to help your team!

I agree.

It is probably better to wait for game 4 when the Mavs are down 0 - 3. =p

freemeat
04-23-2008, 02:15 AM
Avery is an overrated coach for sure, but it was the front office that sold the team's soul for Kidd. If you get rid of AJ, who would you want that's available? I can't see another coach do a better job than he is, even if he isn't great.

MannyIsGod
04-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Bad trade comes back to haunt Dallas Mavs

News at 11

I won't lie. It makes me happy when the Mavs stink it up, but I honestly don't even care much because the Mavs are so damn mediocre right now.

Shank
04-23-2008, 08:41 AM
I about shit myself in the 1st quarter last night (I had Whataburger, but whatever) when I saw Josh Howard drive a wide-open lane from the left and kick it out for a missed 16-footer from Stackhouse.

stretch
04-23-2008, 08:43 AM
I about shit myself in the 1st quarter last night (I had Whataburger, but whatever) when I saw Josh Howard drive a wide-open lane from the left and kick it out for a missed 16-footer from Stackhouse.

oh god that pissed me off so fucking badly... i noticed at least 3 or 4 times he had a wide open lane to the basket and he either dribbled it in a circle, stepped back and shot an 18 footer, or passed.

sribb43
04-23-2008, 08:46 AM

Dear Avery....Thanks for ruining Jason Terry's career offensively

MajorMike
04-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Again, typical mavs thread.

Findog
04-23-2008, 10:20 AM

Again, typical CaptMike non-contribution. Get your ass back to the college forum.

monosylab1k
04-23-2008, 10:25 AM

I'm reporting your oversized sig to Kori.

Dickhead.

monosylab1k
04-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Avery is on with Norm right now, and he seems all but resigned to the fact that he's going to be fired. But like typical Avery, nothing is his fault.

MajorMike
04-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Again, typical CaptMike non-contribution. Get your ass back to the college forum.

And your constant obsession with proving me wrong instead of proving your point simply proves only that your point in worthless.

Findog
04-23-2008, 11:03 AM
And your constant obsession with proving me wrong instead of proving your point simply proves only that your point in worthless.

How do you feel about the Cowboys new basketball coach?

Stick to what you know, which isn't much.

Findog
04-23-2008, 11:09 AM
Avery is on with Norm right now, and he seems all but resigned to the fact that he's going to be fired. But like typical Avery, nothing is his fault.

I'm not about to argue that the players don't deserve blame themselves, but Avery hasn't done a good job either, and yet he can't take any responsibility for his shortcomings. Outside of his stubbornness, his mediocre sideline strategy, or his inability to make adjustments over the course of a 7-game series, his refusal to man up and take responsibility is his worst trait by far.

SAGambler
04-23-2008, 11:34 AM

Nope. I want to see Brandon Bass in a Spurs uniform.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Nope. I want to see Brandon Bass in a Spurs uniform.

:nope:nope:nope

MajorMike
04-23-2008, 12:46 PM
How do you feel about the Cowboys new basketball coach?

Stick to what you know, which isn't much.

Hemotivo
04-23-2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.fireavery.com/images/shirt_s.jpg
:wtf

Findog
04-23-2008, 01:51 PM

Ooh, is this your "America, eatin' my lunch..."?

Fail.

MajorMike
04-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Yeah; except mine is actually original and shows thought and speaks directly to the point, unlike you when you are being a mono-wannabe.

So yet again, your constant obsession with proving me wrong instead of proving your point simply proves only that your point in worthless.

monosylab1k
04-23-2008, 03:44 PM
unlike you when you are being a mono-wannabe.

:lmao clueless dumb okie

Shank
04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Coaching options for next season:

1. Donnie Nelson - Ugh, I've heard this name come up quite a bit recently. Please. No.
2. Jeff Van Gundy
3. Del Harris
4. Bill Laimbeer

Only problem is - they have to get along with Cuban. Del tells Mark to shove it up his ass, much more than Avery does. Most of the others on that list, aside from Donnie, won't have the nicest relationship in Dallas. Two unnamed others have already shot down Cuban in a casual, feeling out, off-the-record proposal. But, that sort of marriage has worked before (Cowboys with Jimmy) so it's possible the "clashing" sort of owner/coach relationship can work with the Mavericks. As it stands, though, Cuban will have to change his ways and do some asskicking if he wants to get someone competent to come to the Mavericks.

For me, I'm all about Laimbeer coming to the Mavs.

Findog
04-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah; except mine is actually original and shows thought and speaks directly to the point, unlike you when you are being a mono-wannabe.

So yet again, your constant obsession with proving me wrong instead of proving your point simply proves only that your point in worthless.

Except your point is wrong, I offered a rebuttal, and now you're going with autotext instead of acknowledging I won the argument.

Peter Piper proving proving point proves point

And I take credit for originating America, eatin... it wasn't mono. Well, that's not entirely true, I guess original credit goes to Patton Oswalt, but I'm responsible for it making its first appearance here.

Enjoy that big sig while you can. I have a feeling its hours are numbered.

Shank
04-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Chant "Fire Avery" all you want

But when your team leader and best player is also your softest, you shouldn't be surprised.

Well, that and your continuous meddling owner

Thank you to CaptMike's alter ego.

:bking

Findog
04-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Two unnamed others have already shot down Cuban in a casual, feeling out, off-the-record proposal

PM me those names. Problem with Cuban is that not everybody is going to want to work for him. He has Steinbrenner syndrome.

Findog
04-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Chant "Fire Avery" all you want

But when your team leader and best player is also your softest, you shouldn't be surprised.

Well, that and your continuous meddling owner

Peter Piper proving proving point proves point

monosylab1k
04-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Del tells Mark to shove it up his ass, much more than Avery does. Most of the others on that list, aside from Donnie, won't have the nicest relationship in Dallas. Two unnamed others have already shot down Cuban in a casual, feeling out, off-the-record proposal.

If one were to guess that Larry Brown was one of those two, would they be making a wise guess?

And kill me with death if Van Gundy comes here.

Findog
04-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Any chance we get this guy?

http://www.nba.com/coachfile/tom_thibodeau/index.html

Shank
04-23-2008, 03:59 PM
If one were to guess that Larry Brown was one of those two, would they be making a wise guess?

And kill me with death if Van Gundy comes here.

I actually don't know the specific names.

Findog
04-23-2008, 04:01 PM
I call them as I see them

Stay tuned on Around The Horn where I will continue to question the amount of sand in Dirk's vagina

Jay Mariotti would be an expert on having a vagina.

remingtonbo2001
04-23-2008, 04:03 PM
I really don't think Avery is your issue. It's Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse.

Both of these players have difficulties defining themselves to specific roles.

IMO, I think both are terrible fit with Dirk and Avery's coaching style. Dallas needs some workhorse players, someone like a Ronny Turiaf. Dallas should've kept Jamison. They should've also resigned Nash.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Any chance we get this guy?

http://www.nba.com/coachfile/tom_thibodeau/index.html

I would definitely want him in dallas, his defense is flat out excellent.

Findog
04-23-2008, 04:10 PM
I would definitely want him in dallas, his defense is flat out excellent.

That's who Dallas should go after.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Hey can somebody please tell me how to change the "believe" on top of my avatar into something else?

monosylab1k
04-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Bill Laimbeer is an intriguing prospect but I know nothing about his coaching except that he's dominating the WNBA. Going from coaching women to coaching the Mavericks shouldn't be a tough transition either.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-23-2008, 04:12 PM
That's who Dallas should go after.

I agree but I wonder about his offense though, most coaches who are defensive minded have low scoring offenses and slow tempo games which is hard for me to watch

The Nba Is Rigged
04-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Bill Laimbeer is an intriguing prospect but I know nothing about his coaching except that he's dominating the WNBA. Going from coaching women to coaching the Mavericks shouldn't be a tough transition either.

When the Wnba season starts I usually watch the Detroit Shock alot(Laimbeer is there coach), he always gets them to play with heart in every game I wonder if he could do the same here.

Findog
04-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey can somebody please tell me how to change the "believe" on top of my avatar into something else?

there's a titles and flags thread in the spurs section. I think Kori put a tuesday deadline in for requests. I'd pm her.

u2sarajevo
04-23-2008, 04:31 PM
I don't think a chant will be necessary. Cuban sits on the sidelines and looks like a child that has had his lollipop stolen after every made opponent bucket. It's just a matter of time....

MrChug
04-24-2008, 04:18 PM

How, if your previous premise holds (see your reply post)...can going from "Mavs are superior to the Spurs,etc" (paraphrasing of course, forseeing your "I have never said that" post coming) to the "Mavs suck" not qualify as jumping off the bandwagon.

Are you a true fan? Sure, but to say you're at least not abandoning ship would be a contradiction in terms.