PDA

View Full Version : Fire D'Antoni

Xylus
04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm sick of his bullshit. Fire this motherfucking idiot.

DDS4
04-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Umm....don't you have a 'better' team?

DespЏrado
04-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Damnit no....Then you might actually be closer to beating us.

D'Antoni is the best coach in the nba bar none. He is a god amongst mere mortals. All hail the stache.

MrChug
04-22-2008, 11:20 PM
He was outcoached plenty...strategically, etc.

Too talented a team to never advance. Damn.

MannyIsGod
04-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Bitch this isn't a Suns forum. Go complain about your shitty coach on your own forum. This place is for fire Pop threads only.

WTF?

Phil Hellmuth
04-22-2008, 11:21 PM
NBA forum

Xylus
04-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Bitch this isn't a Suns forum. Go complain about your shitty coach on your own forum. This place is for fire Pop threads only.

WTF?

It's relevant to the current series, because D'Antoni's being outcoached up the ass by Popovich.

ClingingMars
04-22-2008, 11:22 PM
no this is relevant to Spurs fans, we must convince Suns fans that D'Antoni must stay!

- Mars

Xylus
04-22-2008, 11:22 PM
New Topic, then: Let's talk about how D'Antoni is getting outcoached by Pop. I'll start us off...

D'Antoni is getting outcoached by Pop. Thoughts?

ClingingMars
04-22-2008, 11:23 PM
New Topic, then: Let's talk about how D'Antoni is getting outcoached by Pop. I'll start us off...

D'Antoni is getting outcoached by Pop. Thoughts?

when has this not happened in the playoffs?

- Mars

Sigz
04-22-2008, 11:24 PM
fuck

naico
04-22-2008, 11:24 PM
D'Antoni has always been waaaayyyy overrated. Only team he would have some succes with now is Atlanta. Kerr should fire his ass.

samikeyp
04-22-2008, 11:25 PM

WTF?

:lol

DespЏrado
04-22-2008, 11:28 PM
D'Antoni has always been waaaayyyy overrated. Only team he would have some succes with now is Atlanta. Kerr should fire his ass.

Ixney on the erifey talk....We want D'Antoni to coach the Suns for as long as the Spurs have Duncan. I personally enjoy making them our bitch.

O-Factor
04-22-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm sick of his bullshit. Fire this motherfucking idiot.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep him around Kerr.
:fro

DAINTX
04-22-2008, 11:29 PM
D'Antoni is a crybaby and his players tend to fall into that too. The fans certainly do. Honestly, I blame a lot of the Suns reputation around the league as whiners on their coach. He constantly looks like he's ready to weep.

Findog
04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
You know, ironically enough, I think D'Antoni and Avery would do great switching places.

mavsfan1000
04-22-2008, 11:33 PM
I would take D'antoni over Avery. At least D'antoni's offense looks good.

Findog
04-22-2008, 11:36 PM
D'Antoni would do a better job in Dallas than Avery. He'll be out of a job too in a couple of weeks, and by no means am I advocating Dallas pick him up, but D'Antoni > Avery.

Trainwreck2100
04-22-2008, 11:41 PM
The time he did the smart thing and left Shaq in.

sickofnextyear
04-22-2008, 11:41 PM
I hate the Spurs worse than anything. But right now my wrath is directed at D'Antoni. We have too much talent to lose to these Spurs, this way. What does Pop do that D'Antoni does not that causes the Suns to piss away the third quarter every time we play the Spurs.

The season is nearly lost, and D'Antoni does not have what it takes. FIRE D'Antoni tonight and have Kerr coach Game 3!

sprrs
04-22-2008, 11:46 PM
If D'Antoni and Avery somehow fused together they would make a pretty damn good coach.

mavsfan1000
04-22-2008, 11:48 PM
If D'Antoni and Avery somehow fused together they would make a pretty damn good coach.
They both like small ball so I don't think it would get much better.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-22-2008, 11:55 PM
how awesome will this offseason be. At least 3 playoff coaches will likely be fired (George Karl, Avery Johnson and D'Antoni)

:clap

Matchman
04-22-2008, 11:56 PM
I dont know if i want to fire D'Antoni.... can a defensive-minded coach get the current suns over the hump?
Lets say the suns hire Jeff Van Gundy or Larry Brown, will Amare or Shaq play D all of a sudden or will they get a one-way ticket to the Dawg House because they refuse to listen to the coach?
sometimes, you need to blame the players, especially those who are physically capable of playing defense *cough* Amare *cough*

DespЏrado
04-23-2008, 12:09 AM
how awesome will this offseason be. At least 3 playoff coaches will likely be fired (George Karl, Avery Johnson and D'Antoni)

I'd add Flip from the Pistons, but they aren't down 0-2 yet.

VaSpursFan
04-23-2008, 12:18 AM
d'antoni is a great offensive coach...dare i say brilliant. his problem is that he completely ignores the defensive end...treats it like a necessary evil instead of a critical component of a game plan.

sabar
04-23-2008, 12:20 AM
D'antoni is dumb (benching shaq for hack-a-shaq, not intentionally fouling in game 1's end) and plays no defense. Pop would not have lost that game 1 with the Suns' players. Flip/Larry Brown/JVG or even Avery would have coached smarter.

Findog
04-23-2008, 12:21 AM
d'antoni is a great offensive coach...dare i say brilliant. his problem is that he completely ignores the defensive end...treats it like a necessary evil instead of a critical component of a game plan.

He also refuses to develop his bench and rides his main guys way too much over the course of an 82-game season + playoffs.

I'm not saying anything new, but I wonder what both Phoenix and Dallas are going to look like in October. I think they'll both have new coaches for sure, whereas I think the Mavs might look very different. Suns on the other hand are probably going to give it another go with Shaq + a new coach like Carlisle.

Findog
04-23-2008, 12:22 AM
even Avery would have coached smarter.

Borosai
04-23-2008, 12:38 AM
He is really stubborn with that bench. I mean, I know many coaches (if not most) shorten their rotation to 8 or so, but the Suns really have no bench. Pop played 11 players tonight (even if only for a few minutes). That takes balls, or just confidence in your bench.

DarrinS
04-23-2008, 12:43 AM
D'Antoni sucks.

Hmmm, let's keep feeding Diaw in the post. What a fuckturd.

dbreiden83080
04-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Truth is he is a good coach but POP is a great coach and it shows in the playoffs.

baseline bum
04-23-2008, 01:13 AM
D'Antoni's been a sitting duck since they traded for Shaq. He's gone by the draft.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Boris Diaw fails you once with the game on the line, shame on him.

Boris Diaw fails you twice with the game on the line, shame on him, and a little bit on his coach.

Boris Diaw fails you thrice with the game on the line, shame on him, and his coach.

Boris Diaw fails you four times with the game on the line, shame on Steve Kerr for not taking D'Antoni out back and putting a bullet in him after game 1.

Boris Diaw travels, failing you for the fifth time in two games in the clutch while you have no less than 3 star talents on the floor with him, shame on every last bastard who has to live the shame that they once voted such a talentless ass clown Coach of the Year in 2005.

JMarkJohns
04-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm hoping Carlisle is holding out for the Suns gig.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-23-2008, 12:46 PM

Man I hope not. The last thing I need in my life as a fan is someone competent running the Suns.

Do you think D'Antoni would take the ESPN job he'd vacate or would Mike be too proud to be one of those coaches who aren't coaching right now for a reason who question playoff coaches calls?:downspin:

MajorMike
04-23-2008, 12:47 PM
All hail the stache.

Don't forget the beautifully capped and gleamingly white teeth.

naico
04-23-2008, 12:57 PM
What about Jon Barry? The Suns are a wet dream to him.

rAm
04-23-2008, 01:14 PM

That would be the best decision IMO.

Taking D'Antoni away removes a lot from their great offensive system. However, I am curious as to how much effect he actually has on their offense.

Plus, Flustered Italians do not make good decisions.

ludda
04-23-2008, 01:40 PM

Boris Diaw fails you twice with the game on the line, shame on him, and a little bit on his coach.

Boris Diaw fails you thrice with the game on the line, shame on him, and his coach.

Boris Diaw fails you four times with the game on the line, shame on Steve Kerr for not taking D'Antoni out back and putting a bullet in him after game 1.

Boris Diaw travels, failing you for the fifth time in two games in the clutch while you have no less than 3 star talents on the floor with him, shame on every last bastard who has to live the shame that they once voted such a talentless ass clown Coach of the Year in 2005.

ancestron
04-23-2008, 01:53 PM
"come on!" "Let's go!" "Thats bullshit!" "Seven seconds or less!" "Go Go Go!"

Reggie Miller
04-23-2008, 01:56 PM

Spurs Fan in Exile is my hero. :toast

dbreiden83080
04-23-2008, 02:28 PM
He is gone for sure if Suns lose this series. It will be one of those deal where the organization will feel he has taken them as far as he can as the coach and they need a new voice. I think it is title or bust for the Suns to be honest with D'Antoni.

bus driver
04-23-2008, 02:32 PM
:tu

Bitch this isn't a Suns forum. Go complain about your shitty coach on your own forum. This place is for fire Pop threads only.WTF?

:flipoff chompers and the suns

Steve_Javie
04-23-2008, 02:37 PM
lol @ the Suns

Amare_32
04-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Too early for this thread. If by some chance the series is tied come Sunday you will be the first one to hail his greatness. Lets wait and see. But yeah I think this is his last shot.

ShoogarBear
04-23-2008, 11:10 PM

George Karl. Now there would be a good pickup for the Suns.

:devil

ShoogarBear
04-23-2008, 11:14 PM

I just can't see Carlisle and Nash co-existing. Carlisle calls EVERY play from the bench.

Reggie Miller
04-24-2008, 08:36 AM
I just can't see Carlisle and Nash co-existing. Carlisle calls EVERY play from the bench.

And the back-up play, and the play list for the PA, and Kid 'N' Play, and...

ancestron
04-24-2008, 09:27 AM
The Suns have all their chips up against the wall

Reggie Miller
04-24-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm not the real Reggie Miller. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but the dumb things he says can't hurt me.

ancestron
04-24-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm sure. Truthfully I like Reggie Miller a lot, and find the way he butchers common sayings to be quite funny and endearing.

Reggie Miller
04-24-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm sure. Truthfully I like Reggie Miller a lot, and find the way he butchers common sayings to be quite funny and endearing.

Actually, I fibbed. The dumb things he says mildly embarass me.

What I don't get about Reggie is how the best interview/guest host in the NBA could be so BAD on television. It's like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Butthead.

ancestron
04-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah. Cool thing is though, if you were to point out any of his mistakes he surely would just laugh about them too.