PDA

View Full Version : This just in from Coach D'Antoni

dbreiden83080
04-22-2008, 11:31 PM
"We are still the BETTER TEAM"!!! :hat

QuietDynasty
04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
better team in moral victories, 2-0 baby!

leemajors
04-22-2008, 11:33 PM
still 5 to play, but i like where we're at.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-22-2008, 11:34 PM
:lmao

NRHector
04-22-2008, 11:35 PM
still 5 to play, but i like where we're at.that's what he needs to say to keep his job:lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-22-2008, 11:35 PM
"We feel like we've won four straight"

Dex
04-22-2008, 11:37 PM
"The calls just didn't go for us tonight" :cry

PlayoffEx-static
04-22-2008, 11:38 PM
"What's with this fucking water bottle?"

Spurologist
04-22-2008, 11:39 PM
"Don't panic GUYS"

Samr
Well, even the optimistic die eventually. I mean, if you're going down, why not smile? The Titanic is just sinking with the Suns still in their staterooms, that's all.

MagnusKrauss
lets all present the phoenix suns with the Moral Championship Trophy!

:clap:

SpurOutofTownFan
04-22-2008, 11:41 PM
bottom line is the spurs did what they have to do which was to hold serve.. but there's something about this game that reminded me of past playoffs against this same team. I could see phoenix falling apart in the 3rd being totally owned. Classic spurs as well the fact they let them come back a little bit.

If the spurs can play just good enough like tonight, they have these series in 4 or 5.

possessed
04-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Better at choking in the playoffs.

:wakeup

Shaolin-Style
04-22-2008, 11:43 PM
If the Suns get eliminated I bet it will be

"We were the better team, they just executed better."

ShoogarBear
04-22-2008, 11:45 PM

http://www.mandypatinkin.net/PB/sminigo1.jpeg

"You keep using that word . . . "

missmyzte
04-22-2008, 11:45 PM
"You keep using that word . . . "
I do not think it means what you think it means :toast

dbreiden83080
04-22-2008, 11:52 PM
I will be real curious to see if the Suns talk smack in the next 2 days again. You are down 0-2, if i were them i would shut the fuck up and just play ball now.

Capt Bringdown
04-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Steve Nash: "Our confidence is not shaken..."
Then why are you whimpering, bitch?

Joe Schmoogins
04-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Ya, i'm interested to hear what Shaq has to say this time.

SequSpur
04-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Aldridge: Steve, how did you enjoy the Manu/Tony clinic?
Steve: Uhhh...
Aldridge: Didn't you get tired of them spanking your ass?
Steve: uhhhh...

:lol

SpurOutofTownFan
04-23-2008, 12:06 AM
he looked pretty concern... he said... uhhhh not sure if we need to make adjustments...

Leetonidas
04-23-2008, 12:06 AM
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/images/photos/2007/06/13/f762fppa.jpg

=

http://onemansblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/vizzini-the-princess-bride.jpg

???

SpurOutofTownFan
04-23-2008, 12:09 AM
i love those pictures of steve montoya and Mike Vizzini

bdictjames
04-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I found it unhealthy for his team when he was laughing at the press conference.

Im glad Pop isn't like him at all.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-23-2008, 12:12 AM
http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/06/iphone-sizes.jpg
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/magazine/08/03/scorecard0809/p1_lakers.jpg

O-Factor
04-23-2008, 12:13 AM

2-0 says otherwise

boutons_
04-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Suns have to go 4-1 in win this series, with 3 of 5 games still in SA. Pretty damn tough. Very rarely done.

ludda
04-23-2008, 12:14 AM
"we feel like we have more talent"
- Pringles

lhgplaya
04-23-2008, 12:15 AM
sorry about your purchase (shaq) suns. Who is in charge of kicking dumb asses off this site

gameFACE
04-23-2008, 12:17 AM

"COME ON COME ON LET'S GO LET'S GO!!

COME ON LET'S GO............................."

Obstructed_View
04-23-2008, 12:18 AM

This one doesn't even require clown makeup. :lol

baseline bum
04-23-2008, 12:41 AM

Need to rotate that 5 by 180 degrees, and then flip it about its vertical axis.

DarrinS
04-23-2008, 12:42 AM
I have the feeling that Mike D'Antoni's days as an NBA head coach are numbered. I have that same feeling about Avery Johnson.

VinnyTestesVerde
04-23-2008, 12:46 AM

cautiously optimistic is the way to go man :toast

Kyle Smith
04-23-2008, 12:52 AM
You gotta love it.

Slomo
04-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Pop outcoached D'Antoni so much tonight, that I thought he would have the common sense to STFU.

I guess not...

Louie Vega
04-23-2008, 12:55 AM

Hip Hop Hooray Hoooo Heyyyyyy Hoooooooooo

Naughty by Nature Rules!

ShoogarBear
04-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Pop outcoached D'Antoni so much tonight, that I thought he would have the common sense to STFU.

I guess not...
The OP was a joke . . . I think.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-23-2008, 01:15 AM
He fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this: never call four straight post plays for Boris Diaw when a playoff game is on the line! HA HA HA HA HA HA....

SPARKY
04-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Maybe I missed it but did he not have Shaq on the bench while he was running the post through Diaw?

ShoogarBear
04-23-2008, 01:18 AM
He fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this: never call four straight post plays for Boris Diaw when a playoff game is on the line! HA HA HA HA HA HA....

I didn't see the blue tights and cape tonight, either.

DAF86
"let's go, let's go, let's go!!!"

BiZNicK
"We're still the better team, we just feel they dodged a bullet....4 straight games"

freemeat
04-23-2008, 01:55 AM
I wonder what the Suns would be like if they finally realized the problem with the team is D'Antoni. He's a terrible coach. It's unfortunate that someone like Steve Kerr will probably lose his job over this, because if they got rid of Mustache Man and brought in someone like Larry Brown -- who could teach defense and accountability to his players -- they could go all the way.

jmard5
04-23-2008, 02:20 AM
never call four straight post plays for Boris Diaw when a playoff game is on the line! HA HA HA HA HA HA....

Yup. Those were an interesting sequence of plays.

MannyIsGod
04-23-2008, 02:29 AM

LOL!

Win.

missmyzte
04-23-2008, 02:33 AM
Suns are going to lose YET ANOTHER playoff series to San Antonio...

Tim Duncan: You must be that little Canadian brat I taught a lesson to all those years ago. You've been chasing me your whole life only to fail now? I think that's about the worst thing I've ever heard. [pause] How marvelous.

timvp
04-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Diaw must be Michael Jordan in practice because D'Antoni goes to him as option 1A.

missmyzte
04-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Shaq: You never said anything about playing defense.
Kerr: I've hired you to help me win a championship. It's an prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition.
Shaq: I just don't think it's right, actually playing defense.
Kerr: Am I going MAD, or did the word "think" escape your lips? You were not hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land mass.
Nash: I agree with Snaq.
Kerr: Oh, the sot has spoken. What happens is not truly your concern. And remember this, never forget this: when they found you, you so sucked so bad the city of Dallas was officially changed to _allas!
[turning to Shaq]
Kerr: And you: friendless, brainless, helpless, hopeless! Do you want me to send you back to where you were? On the bench in Miami! Or in the shadow of Kobe?

(having fun with the Princess Bride story line, we could actually really do something with this)

mojorizen7
04-23-2008, 03:14 AM
Fuck D'Antoni.
Pack your bags for Europe you piece of shit....and thanks for pissing away the best group of players this franchise has arguably ever put together.
Awesome

MONTENEGRINO
04-23-2008, 04:10 AM
"We are still the BETTER TEAM"!!!
LOL reminds me of Pat Ewing every time Knicks ended their playoffs road...:D

nashzilla
04-23-2008, 04:12 AM
Well, even the optimistic die eventually. I mean, if you're going down, why not smile? The Titanic is just sinking with the Suns still in their staterooms, that's all.

knock on wood, don't count your chickens motherfucker.

MONTENEGRINO
04-23-2008, 04:14 AM
Kerr: I've hired you to help me win a championship. It's an prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition.
Kerr: Am I going MAD, or did the word "think" escape your lips? You were not hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land mass.
Kerr: Oh, the sot has spoken. What happens is not truly your concern. And remember this, never forget this: when they found you, you so sucked so bad the city of Dallas was officially changed to _allas!
[turning to Shaq]
Kerr: And you: friendless, brainless, helpless, hopeless! Do you want me to send you back to where you were? On the bench in Miami! Or in the shadow of Kobe?

(having fun with the Princess Bride story line, we could actually really do something with this)

LOL!:lmao:p::lmao

nashzilla
04-23-2008, 04:14 AM

"COME ON COME ON LET'S GO LET'S GO!!

COME ON LET'S GO............................."

what the fuck are you using? shots from last year??? that's motherfucking James Jones in the background bitch!

nashzilla
04-23-2008, 04:17 AM
If the Suns get eliminated I bet it will be

"We were the better team, they just executed better."

fuck you madam cleo.:toast:fight

anakha
04-23-2008, 04:31 AM
Well, finally, a Suns troll shows up.

And no, Louis doesn't really count as a Suns troll.

m33p0
04-23-2008, 04:34 AM
[turning to Shaq]

Tim Duncan: You must be that little Canadian brat I taught a lesson to all those years ago. You've been chasing me your whole life only to fail now? I think that's about the worst thing I've ever heard. [pause] How marvelous.

m33p0
04-23-2008, 04:36 AM
someone with the time and patience can make a very funny animated gif with that.:downspin:

spurscenter
04-23-2008, 05:06 AM
Dantoni, "Dont worry guys, thats why I leave shaq out there, he can make them."

break

(shaq on bench)

GSH
04-23-2008, 08:04 AM

I want to be a part of it... New York, New Yoooorrrk!

hater
04-23-2008, 08:10 AM
Dantoni's brilliant game 2 strategy was to exploit Diaw vs. anyone matchup. but Diaw could not even post Parker :lol

SAGambler
04-23-2008, 08:20 AM
I'll feel a whole lot more at ease, if the Spurs can nab game 3. Until then, I'm not celebrating a victory just yet.

Phoenix has a lot to overcome. The Spurs have to be in their heads to some extent. Twice they have given up double digit leads and lost. So even if they get out to a good start, which I'm not sure will happen, their gut still has to tighten up with ever Spur basket.

Actually, I think the Spurs are beating them at what used to be "their game". Run, run, run. Tire the other team out. It's obvious that just kills Shaq.

angel_luv
04-23-2008, 08:26 AM

:lol Nice work on each post!

Suns are "mostly dead" and are about to be all dead.
It is the Spurs true love for the trophy that will prevail.

And as for D' Antoni: : " Liar!"

hater
04-23-2008, 08:29 AM
I'll feel a whole lot more at ease, if the Spurs can nab game 3. Until then, I'm not celebrating a victory just yet.

Phoenix has a lot to overcome. The Spurs have to be in their heads to some extent. Twice they have given up double digit leads and lost. So even if they get out to a good start, which I'm not sure will happen, their gut still has to tighten up with ever Spur basket.

Actually, I think the Spurs are beating them at what used to be "their game". Run, run, run. Tire the other team out. It's obvious that just kills Shaq.

exactly. spurs became the old suns and suns can't because they got fat ass shaq and a terrible fast break defender Diaw.

all I know if is D'antoni keeps going to Diaw and Barbosa for production, Spurs will win easily and might sweep.

xtremesteven33
04-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Dantoni is F****N clown shoes....

angel_luv
04-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Misti- I found a good one!

Nash: [as he is unsuccessfully trying to escape Bruce's defense]: Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
Bruce: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

ancestron
04-23-2008, 08:50 AM
D'antoni: First things first, to the death.
Pop: No. To the pain.
D'antoni:: I don't think I'm quite familiar with that phrase.
Pop: I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon.
D'antoni: That may be the first time in my life a man has dared insult me.
Pop: It won't be the last. To the pain means the first thing you will lose will be your point guard's assist ratio. Then your shooting guards confidence and ppg average. Next your transition game...
D'antoni: then my small forward I suppose....I tried to beat you too quickly the last time. A mistake I don't mean to duplicate tonight.
Pop: I wasn't finished. The next thing you will lose will be your General Manager followed by your Trainer.
D' antoni: And then my Center, I understand let's get on with it.

Pop: WRONG! Your center you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing his hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at his approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God! What is that thing," will echo in your perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.
D'anoti: I think your bluffing.
Pop: It's possible, Pig, I might be bluffing. It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm only the 3 seed because we lack the strength to dominate.... But, then again... perhaps we have the strength after all.....
[slowly rises and points finger directly at D'antoni]
Pop: Bench. Your. Stars.
D'antoni: [mouth hanging open, removes Nash, Amare, and Shaq from the game]

Dingle Barry
04-23-2008, 09:01 AM

Superb

angel_luv
04-23-2008, 09:03 AM
The Princess Bride is a great movie. So many quotable parts.

Tony: [pushing his way through a crowd] Excuse me... Excuse me... Teemy, please?
Timmy: EVERYBODY MOVE!
Tony: [everybody clears a path] Thank you.

Post game:
D'Antoni: I will never coach again.

A Spurs Time out:
Brent: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.
Finley: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.
Timmy: Probably he means no *harm*.
Gino: He's really very short on *charm*.
Timmy: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Gino: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Pop: Enough of that.
Brent: Timmy, are there bad calls ahead?
Gino: If there are, we all be dead.
Pop: No more rhyming now, I mean it.
Gino: Anybody want a peanut?
Pop: DYEEAAHHHHHH.

Suns players wonder: Why can't we advance? Why are we up against this wall?
Game tape shows: You've been mostly-dead all series.

For Misti:

Rob: I challenge you to a battle of wits.
Shaq: For the Trophy?
Rob: [nods]
Shaq: To the death?
Rob: [nods]
Shaq: I accept!
( We all know who won that match. :) )

Suns: Surrender.
Spurs: You mean you wish to surrender to us? Very well, we accept.

The Spurs: You can't beat me. The Trophy and I are joined by the bonds of love. And you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords.

Sean Marks: I just work for the Suns to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge.

Timmy ( to Shaq): I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awake to the fact that you've lost to me again. But for now, rest well and dream of large women. "

Shaq= a P.O.U.S. :)
( Player Of Unusual Size)

Spurs fans: Ever since Popovich outcoached D' Antoni, his confidence has been shattered.
D' Antoni: Why'd you say that name? You promised me you would never say that name!
Spurs Fans: What, Popovich?
D'Antoni: Aahaahh!
Spurs Fans: Popovich! Popovich! Popovich!
D'Antoni: I'm not listening!

Message to Spurs players as they leave for Phoenix: Have fun storming the U.S Airway Center!

Manu: I win cars for local charities and stuff.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-23-2008, 09:17 AM
D'antoni: First things first, to the death.
Pop: No. To the pain.
D'antoni:: I don't think I'm quite familiar with that phrase.
Pop: I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon.
D'antoni: That may be the first time in my life a man has dared insult me.
Pop: It won't be the last. To the pain means the first thing you will lose will be your point guard's assist ratio. Then your shooting guards confidence and ppg average. Next your transition game...
D'antoni: then my small forward I suppose....I tried to beat you too quickly the last time. A mistake I don't mean to duplicate tonight.
Pop: I wasn't finished. The next thing you will lose will be your General Manager followed by your Trainer.
D' antoni: And then my Center, I understand let's get on with it.

Pop: WRONG! Your center you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing his hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at his approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God! What is that thing," will echo in your perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.
D'anoti: I think your bluffing.
Pop: It's possible, Pig, I might be bluffing. It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm only the 3 seed because we lack the strength to dominate.... But, then again... perhaps we have the strength after all.....
[slowly rises and points finger directly at D'antoni]
Pop: Bench. Your. Stars.
D'antoni: [mouth hanging open, removes Nash, Amare, and Shaq from the game]

LOL this was awesome

Elraptor
04-23-2008, 09:37 AM
You wish homo...

WildcardManu
04-23-2008, 10:11 AM
someone with the time and patience can make a very funny animated gif with that.:downspin:

:lol make his head split off from his mouth when he talks like Terrance and Philip from South Park.

jack sommerset
04-23-2008, 10:14 AM
This series is long from over.

Cry Havoc
04-23-2008, 10:20 AM
[turning to Shaq]

D'antoni: Nash, Shaq, come in here.
D'antoni: You guys just did an incredibly brave thing. You walked into San Antonio and outplayed them for most of the game. But you don't own that court, the taxpayers do! (to Shaq) Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash! You're a buster, you've lost your ability be a team leader three times! Put intact twice by me. With a history of elbow-throwing dunks, over hapless centers, and one Tony Parker!
Nash: (Whispering) Eva Longoria.
D'antoni: And you, asshole. You're lucky to be here!
Nash: Thank you, sir!
D'antoni: Now let's not screw around with this Shaq, your family name ain't the best in the NBA. You're bigger, and stronger than the other guy, now what is it with you!?
Shaq: I' m just... uhhh.... like a mathematical theorum, Sir.
D'antoni: Off the script. And that's bullshit. I've had a hell of a lot of fat ass centers in my career. Maybe too many. I'd like to bust your butt but I can't, I've got another problem here. I've gotta send someone from this team to US Airways Center! I've gotta do something here.... I just, I just can't believe it.
*pause*
You two characters... are going to have to beat the Spurs.
Nash: Shit.
Shaq: (Thinking) *Theeeeeeeeeeee wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round!* "Wait... what'd you say?"
D'antoni: Uh.... I said let's go get em. Play hard. You know, deep coaching stratagems for winning 4 of 5.
Nash: He said we have to beat the Spurs.
Shaq: Shit. Aristotle don't like doing nothing that's hard.
D'antoni: Nash, what the hell! I almost had someone actually convinced that I know how to use strategery!
Nash: Sorry coach. Say, why don't you let me handle things from here on out?
D'antoni: Good idea. But let's get one thing straight, if you screw up just THIS much, I'll have you flying a rubber cargo plane full of dog shit outta Hong Kong!
Nash: ....O..... kay..... but I dont have a pilot's-
D'antoni: And gentlemen?
Shaq: Uh?
D'antoni: Good luck, gentlemen.
Nash: Thank you Sir.
Shaq: Thank you.
*Nash and Shaq exit, closing the door*
D'antoni: You're going to freaking need it.

jn77
04-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Bye Bye Boys...have fun winning the series...

Do you think it 'll work??

It would take a miracle!

Bye Bye!!

Strike
04-23-2008, 10:54 AM
lets all present the phoenix suns with the Moral Championship Trophy!

:clap:

Add that to the ratings championship trophy! :lmao

ShoogarBear
04-23-2008, 08:51 PM
D'Antoni: You are using a balance man-to-man defense against me, ah?
Pop: I thought it fitting considering you like to fast break.
D'Antoni: Naturally, you must suspect me to attack with pick-n-rolls?
Pop: Naturally... but I find that switching cancels out pick-n-rolls. Don't you?
D'Antoni: Unless the enemy has a wealth of three-point shooters and a monster power forward ... which I have.

D'Antoni: You are wonderful.
Pop: Thank you; I've worked hard to become so.
D'Antoni: I admit it, you are better than I am.
Pop: Then why are you smiling?
D'Antoni: Because I know something you don't know.
Pop: And what is that?
D'Antoni: I... have just traded for Shaq!

Pop: You are amazing.
D'Antoni: I ought to be, after 4 years of you kicking my ass.
Pop: Oh, there's something I ought to tell you.
D'Antoni: Tell me.
Pop: Tim Duncan can hit threes.

D'Antoni: Who are these guys???
Pop: No one of consequence . . . Kurt Thomas, remember him?
D'Antoni: I must learn about defense...I'm about to get fired.
Pop: Get used to unemployment.

missmyzte
04-23-2008, 09:09 PM
This has now become the official Princess Bride thread, lol. Love that movie!

ShoogarBear
04-23-2008, 09:10 PM
The Princess Bridesmaid, more like it.

T Park
04-23-2008, 09:14 PM

awesome

"Come on lets lets go comeon!!!!

Nash-"You keep saying those words, I dont think you know what they mean"

Manu_Ginobili
04-23-2008, 09:16 PM
D'Antoni: You are using a balance man-to-man defense against me, ah?
Pop: I thought it fitting considering you like to fast break.
D'Antoni: Naturally, you must suspect me to attack with pick-n-rolls?
Pop: Naturally... but I find that switching cancels out pick-n-rolls. Don't you?
D'Antoni: Unless the enemy has a wealth of three-point shooters and a monster power forward ... which I have.

D'Antoni: You are wonderful.
Pop: Thank you; I've worked hard to become so.
D'Antoni: I admit it, you are better than I am.
Pop: Then why are you smiling?
D'Antoni: Because I know something you don't know.
Pop: And what is that?
D'Antoni: I... have just traded for Shaq!

Pop: You are amazing.
D'Antoni: I ought to be, after 4 years of you kicking my ass.
Pop: Oh, there's something I ought to tell you.
D'Antoni: Tell me.
Pop: Tim Duncan can hit threes.

D'Antoni: Who are these guys???
Pop: No one of consequence . . . Kurt Thomas, remember him?
D'Antoni: I must learn about defense...I'm about to get fired.
Pop: Get used to unemployment.

Is this supposed to be funny?

ClingingMars
04-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Is this supposed to be funny?

only if you've seen the movie

- Mars

missmyzte
04-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Nash-"You keep saying those words, I dont think you know what they mean"

You gotta quote it right! "You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means."

missmyzte
04-23-2008, 09:24 PM
only if you've seen the movie

- Mars

Yeah, if you haven't seen Princess Bride none of this thread will make much sense. :lol

dbreiden83080
04-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Far and away the better team indeed Mike great Job. :lmao:hat:lol

spurscenter
04-26-2008, 05:05 AM
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/919/shaqbearxy8.jpg

sendman
04-26-2008, 06:22 AM
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/919/shaqbearxy8.jpg

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Shred
04-26-2008, 07:38 AM