PDA

View Full Version : So the easy part is over! I sure enjoyed it

td4mvp21
04-22-2008, 11:39 PM
The Spurs did what they were supposed to-protect homecourt. They deserve a lot of credit. They shouldn't have won Game 1, and they turned around an ugly first quarter performance into a dominating effort. They deserve a bunch of credit. They played very well.

Now the series shifts to Phoenix. The Spurs have given up 2-0 leads before, so no one in this fanbase should feel safe until the Spurs have 4 wins in this series. Don't expect things to go our way-the officials, the shots, anything. The Spurs will be tested. They really need to go out and focus on winning one in Phoenix. I don't care how they do it-just get one in Phoenix and show the Suns and their fans why we are the defending champs. Suck the life out of everyone in that damn building. Crush their hopes, crush their dreams, send all that bullshit they spewed about our team right back down their throats. This series isn't over and I sure as hell hope the Spurs realize that and go ALL OUT to win one in Phoenix. Play like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Get one in Phoenix.

TampaDude
04-22-2008, 11:44 PM
The Spurs did what they were supposed to-protect homecourt. They deserve a lot of credit. They shouldn't have won Game 1, and they turned around an ugly first quarter performance into a dominating effort. They deserve a bunch of credit. They played very well.

Now the series shifts to Phoenix. The Spurs have given up 2-0 leads before, so no one in this fanbase should feel safe until the Spurs have 4 wins in this series. Don't expect things to go our way-the officials, the shots, anything. The Spurs will be tested. They really need to go out and focus on winning one in Phoenix. I don't care how they do it-just get one in Phoenix and show the Suns and their fans why we are the defending champs. Suck the life out of everyone in that damn building. Crush their hopes, crush their dreams, send all that bullshit they spewed about our team right back down their throats. This series isn't over and I sure as hell hope the Spurs realize that and go ALL OUT to win one in Phoenix. Play like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Get one in Phoenix.

+1 :toast

bigfan
04-22-2008, 11:45 PM
I agree, the next game will be the toughest of the series. PHX cant afford to lose it and the Spurs know if they can win it, well, the series will be done. It will be a war, thats for sure.

spursfaninla
04-22-2008, 11:45 PM
It would become very dangerous if PHX gets both of the games there, so yes it is important to get one. However, I don't think this team has it in them to come back at this point; our main reason for wanting to get one in PHX is to try to end the series early...if we are up 3-1, we will end it in 5 or 6 games at most, which will help in trying to keep up with the Hornets.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Yes, remember 2003, 2004(Lakers), and 2006 (Kings)

And this Phoenix team could arguably be the toughest of all of those.

Having said that, it's hard not love the hell out of this win!

ShoogarBear
04-22-2008, 11:54 PM
I expect Nash to come out possessed and have maybe his best playoff game ever in Game 3.

I expect Barbosa to at least make some kind of positive contribution for the Suns. And maybe Hill will be healed.

The first quarter, maybe the first half, the Suns are going to be ferocious.

And if they lose and go down 0-3, I expect Shaq to pack it in.

Capt Bringdown
04-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Suck the life out of everyone in that damn building. Crush their hopes, crush their dreams, send all that bullshit they spewed about our team right back down their throats. This series isn't over and I sure as hell hope the Spurs realize that and go ALL OUT to win one in Phoenix. Play like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Get one in Phoenix.

Copy that, brilliant.
Game 3 could be one of those defining moments. The Suns seemingly put everything in one basket this year. If they can't get it done this year, when can they?
It wouldn't be nearly as exciting as winning another title, but destroying the Suns franchise would be pretty damn pleasurable.

Budkin
04-22-2008, 11:56 PM
The fact that we've gotten down in both games at home by 14+ worries me for the road games. But knowing the Spurs in the playoffs, they could actually play better on the road. We'll see what we're made of Friday.

san antonio spurs
Yes, remember 2003, 2004(Lakers), and 2006 (Kings)

And this Phoenix team could arguably be the toughest of all of those.

Having said that, it's hard not love the hell out of this win!
and how about them sonics?

samikeyp

Agreed. Its going to be hostile and nasty but they can win.

DazedAndConfused
04-22-2008, 11:57 PM
This series is OVER. PHX plays no defense unlike the Lakers and Kings.

DespЏrado
04-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Shaq's teams have been known to be swept....Let's clean house boys.
Take their punches and roll with them. Show 'em what the Spurs are all about.

And I agree with the first post. This series is so far from over it's not even funny...We need to get at least one on their court.

san antonio spurs
04-22-2008, 11:58 PM

only the lakers came back and won the series .4:flipoff

td4mvp21
04-22-2008, 11:58 PM
I have faith that the Spurs can get one in Phoenix. The question is: will they? I think they need to focus in on keeping up with the Suns better-getting down 14 points on the road could turn nasty. Just hang with them and turn it up a notch in the fourth quarter.

Obstructed_View
04-22-2008, 11:59 PM
If the Spurs start out the game in Phoenix the way they've started out the first two, they'll be down by 25 instead of 15 and won't be able to come back.

phyzik
04-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Spurs play better on the road......

DazedAndConfused
04-23-2008, 12:01 AM
I can see the Suns MAYBE getting the next two games at home. The Spurs haven't been as dominant on the road this season, but once the series goes back to SAS it's all over. Spurs win in 6.

td4mvp21
04-23-2008, 12:02 AM

Nah, the Spurs only have 2 wins. You have to have 4 to win a series.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-23-2008, 12:02 AM
and how about them sonics?

and pistons!

this is far from over! :lol

Whisky Dog
04-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Since the Spurs are a very young team with no playoff experience, I'm sure they're thinking the series is over.

Also, the Spurs have never been able to win in the playoffs in Phoenix.

Here's what you need to know... Manu and TP are taking target practice against this team's horrible team defense. The Suns have had to play flawless basketball in 2 first halves just to get an 8 and 7 point lead, respectively. The key to the series is the Suns D, because if it is like it has been the 1st 2 games it plays right into the Spurs hands. Playing a full flawless shooting game is almost impossible, and its what the Suns are banking on.

bdictjames
04-23-2008, 12:16 AM
I think the Spurs will come out with a BETTER sense of urgency at game 3. Manu is a road warrior.

Allanon
04-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Excellent solid win. However, as they say, the series doesn't start until somebody wins on the road. Both the Spurs and Suns have road difficulties but play well at home.

Spurs have to secure one of the two coming up or else it's back to square one. Enjoy the rest, I'd hate to be a Sun right now.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Spurs can only get better. Their confidence can only build upon this win.

They were still intimidated by the Suns talent in the first quarter. Now the roles have reversed, since Suns realized they have no one to defend Parker and Manu after the Shaq-Marion swap. :lol

easjer
04-23-2008, 12:20 AM
They can't relax. They are too prone to take it easy when they think they've got it in hand - see, 4th qtr tonight's game.

They may not be able to win game 3 = it sure won't be easy= but they need to go out there and try hard for it. Don't give it to them on a golden platter. The Spurs can win it if they play the way they played in the third quarter for at least a full half (preferably the second) - but playing the whole game would be even better.

Phil Hellmuth
04-23-2008, 12:21 AM
suns fans gonna be wildin

i can hear their bitter manu boo's already.

phyzik
04-23-2008, 12:22 AM
I see plastic water battles flying through the air....... Mainly because PHX doesnt know how to fucking drink.

T Park
04-23-2008, 12:25 AM
Spurs are in a fantastic position.

If you can steal game 3 or 4, game 5 is a cakewalk, especially with Shaq packing it in if that happens.

duncan228
04-23-2008, 12:26 AM
In his press conference Duncan sounded like he knew this was far from over. He said he expects the Suns to come out fired up at home, with their crowd pushng them. I liked how he spoke, he's been through this too many times to not know what they're up against. I don't expect them to take anything for granted. This team is battle tested, and they know how to win the war.

VinnyTestesVerde
04-23-2008, 12:29 AM
yeah i'd love to take game 3 but that place is going to be nuts...i'm worried

Whisky Dog
04-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Come on, now. TP alone has played more playoff games than Kobe. Every man in this rotation save Udoka has been in this war and position many, many times. They know the scenario and what is needed.

ShoogarBear
04-23-2008, 12:36 AM
Come on, now. TP alone has played more playoff games than Kobe. Every man in this rotation save Udoka has been in this war and position many, many times. They know the scenario and what is needed.

I had to go look this up because it didn't sound right:

TP 67 playoff games (before this year)
Kobe 119

bdictjames
04-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Tim Duncan has seen probably EVERYTHING happen bad for the Spurs. Murphy's law as it is called.

Last year's game 4 meltdown against the Suns reflected today's game.
That series against the Mavs.

And so much more. This team is going to be ready every darn game.

Whisky Dog
04-23-2008, 01:14 AM
I had to go look this up because it didn't sound right:

TP 67 playoff games (before this year)
Kobe 119

Oops. Thought I heard that somewhere. Either way, still a ton of playoff experience.

jmard5
04-23-2008, 02:13 AM
I think the Spurs can get 1 win and finish the series at home.

ForeignFan
04-23-2008, 05:41 AM
Oops. Thought I heard that somewhere. Either way, still a ton of playoff experience.

I think TP had more PO games than Kobe at a certain age.

m33p0
04-23-2008, 07:03 AM
all the pressure is on the suns at this point. the spurs can afford to play loose for at least one game. one more big punch and the suns will be sent reeling into vacation.