PDA

View Full Version : And props to Fin, too.

ShoogarBear
04-23-2008, 12:40 AM
He came out and set the tone offensively at the beginning of the second half, giving the Spurs a much-needed additional scorer to complement the Big Three. And defensively was much better than normal.

The box score doesn't look like much, but without Finley, that third quarter wouldn't have happened.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-23-2008, 12:41 AM
agreed :tu

If anything I wanted him to play more minutes.

Udoka did nice in the 3rd quarter too. He had a +/- of +15

T Park
04-23-2008, 12:41 AM
The guy should be on the inactive list.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Yup, loved how the rest of team came along to help our big guns.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 12:44 AM
agreed :tu

If anything I wanted him to play more minutes.

Udoka did nice in the 3rd quarter too. He had a +/- of +15

I thought Udoka was freakin' horrible today. He was just the beneficiary of being in the game at the right time when the other players went on a run. I know he scored a couple gift baskets, but in general he wasn't good at all.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 12:45 AM
Oh and Finley was a huge boost to start the 3rd. They wouldn't have won without that.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-23-2008, 12:45 AM
Well then Kori, thanks for SLAMMING THE PRECIOUS PLUS MINUS STAT!

jeez!

:lol

You could be right, but it seemed like he was a big part of the third quarter.

It'd be nice for him to hit a 3 once in a while

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-23-2008, 12:46 AM
I thought Udoka was freakin' horrible today. He was just the beneficiary of being in the game at the right time when the other players went on a run. I know he scored a couple gift baskets, but in general he wasn't good at all.
I agree.
I like Barry getting his minutes better. Udoka's the only one who has no playoff experience.

Trainwreck2100
04-23-2008, 12:47 AM
I agree.
I like Barry getting his minutes better. Udoka's the only one who has no playoff experience.

And he sure is playing like he doesn't

ShoogarBear
04-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Udoka's jumper has looked terrible. And he almost blew a gift-wrapped layup from Tim. I think he's just really nervous.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Right now Pop is wildly subbing the wing players. It's like he has too many players that he wants to use and gets frantic. I know that the Spurs have won these two games, but Pop's substitutions were getting crazy. He went 11 deep in this game. He never goes 11 deep in a game like this.

I thought Bowen played a really good second half tonight and there was a point that I thought Pop should have kept him in. But you can tell Pop is trying desperately to find the line between needing O and needing D.

T Park
04-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Bowen was decent to good.

He has GOT to start making some shots though.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-23-2008, 12:51 AM
I know, but Pop does have a lot to work with, I was confused in the third quarter, when Fin was hot, how he would sub Manu in, for Finley or Bowen? Because Bowen was playing tenacious Defense on Nash..

I think Barry will help better than Udoka, because we'll get more fast break points. I don't know if Udoka has a high offensive IQ or not.

loveforthegame
04-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Fin stepped up nicely again tonight. I can't believe he only took 5 shots though. And he never took another shot after hitting those 4 in a row early in the 3rd.

And his defense was better tonight. Not great but better than game 1. We'll need more of that in Phoenix if we hope to steal a game there.

T Park
04-23-2008, 12:52 AM
I know, but Pop does have a lot to work with, I was confused in the third quarter, when Fin was hot, how he would sub Manu in, for Finley or Bowen? Because Bowen was playing tenacious Defense on Nash..

I think Barry will help better than Udoka, because we'll get more fast break points. I don't know if Udoka has a high offensive IQ or not.

Udoka is just pressing like a mofo right now.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Bowen was decent to good.

He has GOT to start making some shots though.

He only shot twice. So it wasn't that bad - he didn't play that much. But I'm sure he'll hit some big 3's before it's over.

marini martini
04-23-2008, 12:54 AM
I thought he was gonna win me some v-bookies, for a minute there in the third:greedy

:lol

TMTTRIO
04-23-2008, 12:54 AM
yeah Finley hit some huge shots that got us back into the game. I hope he can keep it up.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 12:55 AM

I'm not sure if Udoka should play at all right now. I just think it's too difficult to shuffle Bowen/Finley/Manu/Barry/Udoka and ask them to be productive. You have to give them enough time to get a rhythm. If Barry is well enough to get minutes, then Udoka can just ride the pine/get garbage minutes.

sabar
04-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Udoka needs some confidence and to make sure to not force the issue. He's passed up a ton of open shots from the arc this year and then I guess he gets the message to take those later and he ends up taking shots that are much more contested.

Hopefully he shakes off the jitters.

BonnerDynasty
04-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Udoka looked scared to shoot early on. I only remember one really nice rebound put back by him.

bdictjames
04-23-2008, 01:00 AM
Pop is putting his trust on Udoka right now, its time for him to deliver.

Udoka should always make those open threes. He did a good job on defense though.

jmard5
04-23-2008, 01:03 AM
Udoka's 3 point shot is off lately. Probably playoffs jitters.

carina_gino20
04-23-2008, 01:38 AM
props to Finley. He really set the tone early in the 3rd. It helped the team's confidence alot when he hit those back-to-back J's. :tu

timvp
04-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Finley's four jumpers to begin the third quarter were huge. It was an impressive stretch, especially considering he was doing it against Raja Bell.

beachwood
04-23-2008, 03:17 AM
Findog was awesome tonight. Sometimes, he seems like you can just stick a fork in him, but on nights like these, I'm glad he's on our team.