PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone expect the Spurs to be blown out in Game 3?

SoCalSpursFan
04-23-2008, 02:51 AM
I don't see the Suns losing game 3, but that doesn't mean I don't WANT them to lose game 3...I just see them coming out crazy.

They did come out crazy good in both games 1 and 2 though...and the Spurs picked up the slack and got back in it. It's a very different atmosphere this time in Phoenix.

Can anyone justify a Spurs blow out let alone a Spurs victory?

:flag:

sprrs
04-23-2008, 02:54 AM
If the Spurs play for the whole game they way they played in the third quarter, they can't lose.

Loose Cannon
04-23-2008, 02:55 AM
Does anyone expect the Spurs to be blown out in Game 3?

No

alamo50
04-23-2008, 05:05 AM
I expected the blowout yesterday, so I guess we gonna sweep.

ShoogarBear
04-23-2008, 06:01 AM
I expect them to get down big again in the first quarter. If they play tough and smart, though, Phoenix will give them an opportunity to get back in it once again.

m33p0
04-23-2008, 06:12 AM
suns are gonna be fighting tooth and nail in game 3. spurs will have to match their intensity especially early in the game and be sure to have a chance come the last 5 minutes of the game.

the suns' coaching staff will have a hell of a time trying to work out how to defend the spurs' pick-n-roll. if they can't figure it out come game day, they are toast.

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2008, 06:14 AM
spurs are going to go in for the kill

WalterBenitez
04-23-2008, 06:30 AM
If the Spurs play for the whole game they way they played in the third quarter, they can't lose.

Spurs will play with their usual ups and lows, probably Suns will go harder to make a statement the first half.

Don't forget the house factor and how suddenly refs start to hear the fans' voice.

I see our big boy, including TD, going in foul trouble fast; all charges will be called against spurs.

Anyhow, don't see PHX wining 4-0 like Lakers did.

m33p0
04-23-2008, 06:41 AM
game 3 is the spurs' best chance to win 1 in phx. i predict a monster game from duncan just like he did in last year's semi-finals. he practically stole game 1 from the suns. unfortunately, that game will always be remembered for nash's bloody nose and not for tim's brilliance.

Mark in Austin
04-23-2008, 06:59 AM
remember the blowout loss to the Jazz last year in the WCF?

It's possible, but I think it will be another close game.

LoveMySpurs
04-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Friday is Duncan's birthday- the team won't let him down! Playing in the Sun's gym is going to be tough though...

gospursgojas
04-23-2008, 07:25 AM
If the Spurs loose a game this series I would bet it would be game 3.

The Spurs may get a little too comfortable, like they tend to do...see last night's 4th quarter.

And the Phx crowd is going to be nuts.

I don't think they will get blown out though.

Spurs in 5!

gameFACE
04-23-2008, 07:44 AM
It's going to be so crazy in Phoenix that it's going to be an extremely difficult place to play. Thanks God there are two days in between games 2 and 3. But at least against the Suns the Spurs have historically done what they have to do. Both in '05 and '07 the Spurs took the first game in Phoenix even though it was a game 1. And with the resolve they seem to have I don't see a blow out.

You can't lose on Tim's birthday dammit!!

xtremesteven33
04-23-2008, 07:49 AM
knowing the Spurs they will look at this as a Game 7. They know what happens when you take your foot off the pedal for just a little bit. YOU DONT want to give this team any kind of confidence. Right now they are scared and desperate. Spurs have all the cards and can shut this series on Friday. I just get a feeling Manu might be limited due to his nagging groin injury

hater
04-23-2008, 08:08 AM
I can see them getting blown out any game.

SpursFanFirst
04-23-2008, 08:55 AM
so I guess we gonna sweep.

What the hell?!?!?! Are you TRYING to jinx them :frying:

degenerate_gambler
04-23-2008, 08:57 AM
My favorite part of the playoffs is watching the Spurs go into enemy territory for a ballgame.

They are assassins...

1Parker1
04-23-2008, 09:01 AM
I don't know if it'll be a huge victory, but I do give the Suns about an 80% chance to win Game 3. :lol

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 09:03 AM
its in the Spurs history to give up 2-0 leads, and it cost them in 04

they need to play like they did in 05 and get that 3-0 lead

Supergirl
04-23-2008, 09:07 AM
History tells me there's a reasonably good chance Game 3 will be the game the Spurs stink up the joint, and then rebound back with a strong Game 4 and close it out in 5 or 6 games.

But there's no reason why that HAS to happen. Parker often has one off game a series, but he's also a lot better than he ever has been in his series, and has more experience.

ancestron
04-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Phoenix's problem is they don't respect the Spurs.

I look for the split in Phoenix, and a wrap-up back here in game 5.

Borosai
04-23-2008, 09:38 AM
No.

Elraptor
04-23-2008, 09:39 AM

Spurs will win game 3 again.

PHXSpursFan
04-23-2008, 09:41 AM
We'll lose Game 3 by about 15 points. History dictates that. If 15 points is a blowout, then yes, we'll be blown out.

Budkin
04-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Maybe for part of the game, but they can come back just like the first two.

peskypesky
04-23-2008, 09:59 AM
nope. Spurs love to kill teams on their home courts. they've been doing it for years.

oboymeetsogirl
04-23-2008, 10:08 AM
If we go by what we saw during the playoffs last year and so far this year, the Spurs find a way to address their issues and improve each and every game. A lot of it is coaching, and a lot of it is the discipline and mental toughness of the players.

The issues I see in the first two games is the Spurs coming out a little flat against the Suns, like Muhammed Ali taking the blows while camping out on the ropes.

So in game 3, I actually see the Spurs coming out firing, matching the intensity of the Suns, who will be playing like crazed, cornered animals. Whereas halftimes so far saw the Suns with 7 and 8 point leads, I think the Spurs will actually have a 2 or 3 point lead. Then the Spurs will make their usual halftime adjustments, and up their lead to 8 or 9 by the end of the third quarter. Fourth quarter, Nash will do his usual thing, taking over the offense and narrowing down the lead to 2 or 3, but by the end he'll run out of gas and the Spurs will "escape" with another 5, 6 point win.

So much for the "better" team from the Valley of the Sun...

sa_butta
04-23-2008, 10:15 AM
I think the Spurs could lose game 3, but it depends which Spurs team shows up. If we play good D and control the pace, we have a great chance. Game 3 will be the Suns best chance to win a game. Even if we lose game 3, I am confident Spurs close it out in 5.

Russ
04-23-2008, 10:15 AM
My concern is that Shaq addresses the team before Game 3 and says:

"When I was with the Lakers, we were down 0-2 coming home against this team in '04. We intimidated them and took 4 in row. How? We put Parker on his ass every time he got close to the paint."

The Suns may want to go down in a "blaze of glory" and injuries are a real concern.:nope

WildcardManu
04-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Phoenix is like the Spurs second home, I expect an intense game, that's all.

jag
04-23-2008, 10:24 AM
I dont think the Spurs are gonna be able to match the intensity in that building. Phoenix by 10+.

jman3000
04-23-2008, 10:27 AM
i actually see the opposite of games 1 and 2 happening.

spurs shoot high 60's to start the game. build up a double digit lead early, maybe like 18-6 to start the game out. a bit of foul trouble and some inspired play by nash causes the tide to turn and after a close game throughout they pull away a bit in the last few minutes for a double digit victory.

boutons_
04-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Spurs know they can and have won big @PHX (remember a Jan. game of -17 to start the 4th and Manu's 48 pts?)

Impossible to say how Game3 will go, but a Spurs W is not a bad bet.

The Spurs want to finish this ASAP and get some rest, but Mavs need to cooperate.

Russ
04-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Has anyone cited this stat yet?

The last two times Shaq's teams have been down 0-2 going home, they have won 4 straight to take the series.

That would be '06 against the Mavs and '04 aganst our Spurs. ( I can't recall if anything last year broke that streak.)

The point is, Shaq will be the elder statesman that gives the Suns hope based on his track record when up against the wall. If and when Shaq gives up, it's over.

jman3000
04-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Has anyone cited this stat yet?

That would be '06 against the Mavs and '04 aganst our Spurs. ( I can't recall if anything last year broke that streak.)

The point is, Shaq will be the elder statesman that gives the Suns hope based on his track record when up against the wall. If and when Shaq gives up, it's over.

the last time shaq was 0-2 in the playoffs he got his ass swept.......last year.

boutons_
04-23-2008, 10:59 AM
I hope Chicken Man makes a guest appearance.

boutons_
04-23-2008, 11:00 AM
"If and when Shaq gives up"

Shaq's playing pretty well, but he's so far from down from his peak that he's not much of a factor.

Strike
04-23-2008, 11:02 AM
I never expect the Spurs to get blown out. I expect them to win every game and I'm disappointed when they don't.

With that said, As much as I'd like to see San Antonio sweep the Suns, I can't see it happening. IF the Spurs lose game 3, I'll be disappointed but not defeated.

I'm sticking with Spurs in 6.

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2008, 11:05 AM
History tells me to expect that the Spurs will lose Game 3 -- here's the record when going on the road up 2-0 since 2003:

@ CLE (07 Finals) -- W (75-72)
@ UTH (07 WCF) -- L (83-109)
@ SAC (06 WCFR) -- L (93-94)
@ DET (05 Finals) -- L (79-96)
@ SEA (05 WCSF) -- L (91-92)
@ LAL (04 WCSF) -- L (81-105)
@ MEM (04 WCFR)-- W (95-93)
@ LAL (03 WCSF) -- L (95-110)

rascal
04-23-2008, 11:10 AM
knowing the Spurs they will look at this as a Game 7. They know what happens when you take your foot off the pedal for just a little bit. YOU DONT want to give this team any kind of confidence. Right now they are scared and desperate. Spurs have all the cards and can shut this series on Friday. I just get a feeling Manu might be limited due to his nagging groin injury

Spurs have a bad record in elimination games (games they must win or they get eliminated). So if they are looking at this as a game 7 they would lose.

No way they are looking at this as a game 7. They know they are up 2-0 so how can they be looking at this as a game 7?

Ronaldo McDonald
04-23-2008, 12:12 PM
I think our history of lettng teams get back into the series after beimg up 2-0 will actually be an advantage for us. By now, they know that they can't do that. We're to experienced and good for that.

I think we take game 3 in a really close one, lose game 4 and win it in 5 at home.

I have a hunch that Big Shot will be used in game 3 and will give us another one of his memorable last second shots. That's my fantasy.

Supreme_Being
04-23-2008, 12:30 PM
We can't help but win, so I guess, a big W on game three.

FromWayDowntown
04-23-2008, 12:36 PM
I think our history of lettng teams get back into the series after beimg up 2-0 will actually be an advantage for us. By now, they know that they can't do that. We're to experienced and good for that.

I think we take game 3 in a really close one, lose game 4 and win it in 5 at home.

I have a hunch that Big Shot will be used in game 3 and will give us another one of his memorable last second shots. That's my fantasy.

You would think so -- I certainly hope that's true. But history says the Suns will get back into this series over the weekend. Since 2003, going up 2-0 at home and headed out onto the road, the Spurs are a combined 6-11 and have dropped both Games 3 and 4 on four different occasions (in 8 opportunities at +2-0).

@ CLE (W, W)
@ UTH (L, W)
@ SAC (L, L)
@ DET (L, L, W)
@ SEA (L, L)
@ LAL (L, L)
@ MEM (W, W)
@ LAL (L, L)

Then again, they are 3-1 in their last 4 road games in this situation. . . .

Overall during the Duncan era, the Spurs are 12-11 in road Game 3's and 11-12 in road Game 4's. But if a series comes back to San Antonio for Game 5 (or Game 6 of the Finals), the Spurs are 11-3 in those games (losses to DET in 05, LAL in 04, and DAL in 03).

SAGambler
04-23-2008, 12:43 PM
I don't see the Suns losing game 3, but that doesn't mean I don't WANT them to lose game 3...I just see them coming out crazy.

They did come out crazy good in both games 1 and 2 though...and the Spurs picked up the slack and got back in it. It's a very different atmosphere this time in Phoenix.

Can anyone justify a Spurs blow out let alone a Spurs victory?

Not a blowout, but for sure a Spurs win. It's CIA Pop all the way. He is beating Suns at the game they used to win at. He takes Shaq right out of his element by running his fat ass off. And now, he is in Shaqs head. He will spend the entire game wondering when the Hack a Shaq is going to begin.

And if the Spurs win game 3, I look for Shaq to just quit on the Suns, just like he did on the Heat. And to just become a 20 million dollars dead weight for the Suns next year.

Noone seems to understand. The Suns are a great first half team. But by halftime, they pretty much blow their wad. Then it's just a matter of the Spurs asserting themselves and playing lock down D for a quarter and a half, and the game is theirs.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-23-2008, 12:51 PM
I just think they've got alot to play for tomorrow (and the rest of the playoffs). As Doug Collins said yesterday, this team is old and the time to win is now. Some of our players will definitely end up retiring after this year, and I think we're determined to get those who are a ring. Also, the repeat question. All this, and just the fact that I really sense a "no bullshit" type of attitude coming from the whole team right now that I didn't see in the past.

TampaDude
04-23-2008, 01:55 PM
The Spurs will win Game 3 by 6-8 points, lose Game 4 by 10-12 points, and win Game 5 back in SA by 16+ to close out the series.

drunkendan
04-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't know what to expect, the Spurs like to play with my emotions.