PDA

View Full Version : Burger King to launch most expensive cheeseburger

sa_butta
04-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Burger King has announced plans to serve up the world’s most expensive cheeseburger – costing a staggering £85.
The pricey treat will be made from finest Japanese Kobe beef and topped with foie gras and a rare blue cheese, The Sun reports.
It will be available in specially selected branches from May, with Kensington and Chelsea tipped to be selling the pricey burger first.
Lucy Barrett, of Marketing Magazine, said: “The idea of a burger that no one buys is not as ludicrous as it seems.
"Burger King will use it to promote a gap in perception between it and McDonald’s. It could lead consumers to reassess the quality of the brand.”
Rival McDonald’s offers a budget cheeseburger for just 99p.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2825750.html?menu=

BushDynasty
04-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Why that there sounds right up my alley. Dick, bring your wallet, yer buyin.

remingtonbo2001
04-23-2008, 08:51 AM
I wonder if I could get it plain and dry?

Mister Sinister
04-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Kobe beef is fucking delicious.

mrsmaalox
04-23-2008, 09:01 AM
........topped with foie gras and a rare blue cheese.......

:vomit:

Evan
04-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Kobe beef is fucking delicious.

I have always heard that...what makes it so good? The diet of the cow and the way the meat is aged?

Mister Sinister
04-23-2008, 09:02 AM
I have always heard that...what makes it so good? The diet of the cow and the way the meat is aged?

I *think* that's it, but I'm not sure offhand. :lol All I know is that my deli sells it for 12 bucks a pound.

BushDynasty
04-23-2008, 09:06 AM

If that Kobe Bryant fella raises cattle you know it's gotta be good.

TDMVPDPOY
04-23-2008, 09:06 AM
kobe beef? is kobe bryants dick? no thanks

Evan
04-23-2008, 09:08 AM
I *think* that's it, but I'm not sure offhand. :lol All I know is that my deli sells it for 12 bucks a pound.

There is a chef on TV a lot who has some books too, Bobby Flay...always uses Kobe beef for sandwiches and it looks so awesome.

Thunder Dan
04-23-2008, 09:11 AM
I ate 2 Kobe Beef cheesburgers on New Years at some party in Chicago. Too bad I didn't even know what I was eating because I was too drunk..and I threw that shit up in some bushes about 4 hours later.

Evan
04-23-2008, 09:14 AM
I ate 2 Kobe Beef cheesburgers on New Years at some party in Chicago. Too bad I didn't even know what I was eating because I was too drunk..and I threw that shit up in some bushes about 4 hours later.

:lmao

Quasar
04-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Kobe beef is the best meat around... Haven't eaten it, but saw it at far more than 12bucks per pound... From what I've seen, it can cost far more than $100 per kg for the best parts.

The main thing is that the cow's movement is restricted... It barely moves throughout it's life, which means it develops almost no muscles, resulting in a sublimely soft texture. On top of that, it gets a strict diet of *beer* and other good stuff, and I believe they get a daily hand massage as well!!

mrsmaalox
04-23-2008, 10:11 AM
The main thing is that the cow's movement is restricted... It barely moves throughout it's life, which means it develops almost no muscles, resulting in a sublimely soft texture. On top of that, it gets a strict diet of *beer* and other good stuff, and I believe they get a daily hand massage as well!!

That description also fits the Reverend Midge perfectly! Except that he gives himself the daily hand massage.

baseline bum
04-23-2008, 10:12 AM

Then your deli is lying their asses off when they tell you it's Kobe beef.

leemajors
04-23-2008, 10:15 AM
I think true Kobe beef cannot be had in the US because of how the cows are treated, if I remember correctly. However, their bloodlines have been brought over and they have a similar lifestyle resulting in supremely marbled beef.

EDIT: Looks like the import ban on Kobe beef was lifted in 05

Mister Sinister
04-23-2008, 10:16 AM
I think true Kobe beef cannot be had in the US because of how the cows are treated, if I remember correctly. However, their bloodlines have been brought over and they have a similar lifestyle resulting in supremely marbled beef.

This would be what I sell.

BurgerKing
04-23-2008, 10:27 AM
I wonder if I could get it plain and dry?

Of course, you can always have it your way!!

monosylab1k
04-23-2008, 10:38 AM

EDIT: Looks like the import ban on Kobe beef was lifted in 05

Yeah I think it's similar to the whole Champagne thing.....real Kobe beef can only be made in Kobe. Everything else is "Kobe-style" but they say there's almost no difference.

The sone
04-23-2008, 10:48 AM
mmmm...kobe spamburger.

Avitus1
04-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Wtf...

Fillmoe
04-23-2008, 11:01 AM
rare blue cheese = cheese wiped on one of the workers taints...

maxpower
04-23-2008, 12:13 PM
I think the point of kobe beef will be lost if it is ground up.
Now if it is a kobe steakburger then they have something to chirp about.

thispego
04-23-2008, 12:22 PM
:ttiwwp:

Whisky Dog
04-23-2008, 01:04 PM
Kobe beef is raised according to very strict Japanese methods that include hand massaging the cow and including sake and certain types of beer in it's diet, among other things. What makes it different is the very even and level marbling that occurs using this style, and when cooked it creates a very rich flavor. I've never had Kobe beef (only from Japan), but I have had American Wagyu beef (which is made to the same specifications only in America and not Japan). IIRC, I paid about $75 a lbs for strip steaks, and it usually sells for a bit more than that.

blizz
04-24-2008, 10:07 AM
hey is that the bush baked beans dude - 5 guy on the top row of bush dynasty's pic?