PDA

View Full Version : Well that was anti-climactic......

DazedAndConfused
04-23-2008, 09:45 AM
I certainly expected the Suns to put up more of a fight than this, but from what I've seen so far they just don't have a chance. It has nothing to do with talent, mental toughness, or players being hurt or injured. It's all about coaching.

The reason PHX has lost both games has been due to inferior coaching. Last night's game was a perfect example. The Spurs start the 3rd quarter playing Nash very aggressively and completely taking away the Sun's P&R. D'Antoni does not make one single adjustment until the 4th quarter, which ultimately put them into a hole they couldn't climb out of. The adjustment he made was to kick it to Diaw in the post and run the offense from there, which actually worked for a few plays and they were able to climb back into the game. The fact that he let Nash run around out there dribbling the clock out for an entire quarter is downright idiotic.

In the playoffs, you can't waste an entire quarter trying to figure out a strategy. And this is why PHX will never go anywhere with D'Antoni, he's always in a reactionary mode to what Pop is doing and 9/10 he's always reacting the wrong way.

Elraptor
04-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Now the "Fire D'Antoni" will start. :lol

Yea you make a good point, the coaching could have been alot better.

ancestron
04-23-2008, 09:50 AM
I disagree. It had as much to do with talent and mental toughness as it did coaching.

peskypesky
04-23-2008, 09:52 AM
I disagree. It had as much to do with talent and mental toughness as it did coaching.

:toast

Budkin
04-23-2008, 09:55 AM
I agree that the Suns would be much better with a different coach.

peskypesky
04-23-2008, 09:58 AM
I agree that the Suns would be much better with a different coach.

Much better? Don't think so.

DazedAndConfused
04-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Despite all of this I have a strange feeling PHX will take the next two games at home. The Spurs haven't exactly been dominant on the road this season.

Once the series comes back to SAS it's all over though. Spurs in 6.

WildcardManu
04-23-2008, 10:01 AM
The players display the mental attitude of their coach, it's no secret the Spurs are a disciplined team, while on the other side D'antoni just doesn't seem to want to give in and make the adjustments fast enough and his mental weakness is displayed on his players.

lebomb
04-23-2008, 10:06 AM
I certainly expected the Suns to put up more of a fight than this, but from what I've seen so far they just don't have a chance. It has nothing to do with talent, mental toughness, or players being hurt or injured. It's all about coaching.

The reason PHX has lost both games has been due to inferior coaching. Last night's game was a perfect example. The Spurs start the 3rd quarter playing Nash very aggressively and completely taking away the Sun's P&R. D'Antoni does not make one single adjustment until the 4th quarter, which ultimately put them into a hole they couldn't climb out of. The adjustment he made was to kick it to Diaw in the post and run the offense from there, which actually worked for a few plays and they were able to climb back into the game. The fact that he let Nash run around out there dribbling the clock out for an entire quarter is downright idiotic.

In the playoffs, you can't waste an entire quarter trying to figure out a strategy. And this is why PHX will never go anywhere with D'Antoni, he's always in a reactionary mode to what Pop is doing and 9/10 he's always reacting the wrong way.

Partly right......but, did you notice Phoenix shot near 70% for half the game??? I was at the game and told the people around me that Phoenix shooting will come back to earth.......around 50% and the Spurs will catch up.

Phoenix shooting went ICE cold........that is why the lost the lead and the game. :rolleyes