PDA

View Full Version : Any health nuts here?...

LuvBones
01-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Does anyone here take vitamins daily? Lately I haven't been eating right because I just don't have time or don't feel like eating and i think it's starting to take a toll on me. I've been getting sick easily and am losing weight.. anyone know of some good vitamins or supplements to take?

CrazyOne
01-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Losing weight, eh? Care to share your secrets? :lol

Any complete multivitamin should be helpful, but the best thing really is to watch what you eat and try to get a little exercise every day. Just a little walk around a few blocks in the morning will make a noticeable difference.

JackLalanne
01-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Daily vitamins, along with a great breakfast including a tall glass of freshly squeezed juice, are an excellent start to any day.
The choice of vitamins is endless and the best thing to do is read up on what your body needs and which vitamin best satisfies that need.

tsb2000
01-19-2005, 07:57 PM
If you're consistently not hungry, and losing weight without trying, I'd seriously consider seeing a doctor. :)

red kryptonite
01-19-2005, 08:38 PM
sounds like you may not be sleeping enough. try getting 7-8 hours a day. force yourself to get some nutrient quality food in the mornings. then eat small, impactful meals throughout the day. if that's not helping mix in a multi vitamin every other day. if you can splice in 30 minutes of exercise (assuming you don't already), throw in some light to medium cardiovascular activity 3-4 times a week. you can't miss with all those elements combined.

Brodels
01-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Does anyone here take vitamins daily? Lately I haven't been eating right because I just don't have time or don't feel like eating and i think it's starting to take a toll on me. I've been getting sick easily and am losing weight.. anyone know of some good vitamins or supplements to take?

Vitamins are good in many cases, but taking them isn't a good substitute for eating properly. If you don't have the time to eat properly, you've got your priorities seriously fucked up. There isn't anything more important than taking care of your body. That is, or course, unless you want to die an early death.

Find time to eat three balanced meals at roughly the same times each day. It's more important than anything else you may be doing. Get some exercise.

Jekka
01-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Any multivitamin will do - and for some natural sources of fiber, vitamins, etc., Odwalla makes a juice called Superfood (it's dark green, looks volatile, but tastes really great) that's pretty much the equivalent of doing a shot of wheatgrass everyday - without the wheatgrass-induced nausea (that stuff is disgusting). It was part of my daily regimen while trying to shake off some nasty recurring throat infections and worked pretty well.

LuvBones
01-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I am getting plenty, if not too much sleep as well as exercise. Everything else seems pretty normal, I just forget to eat sometimes. I'm just looking for something easy to take to still give me the nutrients I need.

scott
01-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Try to get some more glutamine in your system as well. 5-10 g a day is good. You can get a jar or 120 1g glutamine caps for like 10 bucks.

ZStomp
01-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I am getting plenty, if not too much sleep as well as exercise. Everything else seems pretty normal, I just forget to eat sometimes. I'm just looking for something easy to take to still give me the nutrients I need.

You're getting sleep?? Yea right!

The exercise...I'm SURE you're getting. :lol

LuvBones
01-20-2005, 11:01 AM
You're getting sleep?? Yea right!

The exercise...I'm SURE you're getting. :lol

lol, yeah you would know. And I am getting enough sleep.. I got almost 11 hours of sleep last night!! :wow

ZStomp
01-20-2005, 11:07 AM
lol, yeah you would know. And I am getting enough sleep.. I got almost 11 hours of sleep last night!! :wow

I would?!?!? :wow

Psstt, hey Bones.....watch out...someone is gonna get mad at my post. :lol

gophergeorge
01-21-2005, 03:11 PM
Just remember, the key to life is a healthy colon.

Regards,

Eddie Murphy

tlongII
01-21-2005, 04:16 PM
If you've dropped from 330 lbs to 320 lbs I wouldn't worry about it too much.