PDA

View Full Version : Josh Howard anyone?

Ocotillo
04-23-2008, 03:49 PM
Who knows but up here in Dallas today the talk show I was listening to was saying the team gets blown up if they lose in the first round. Josh Howard's name was the one most mentioned by the host and callers as the most likely to go. The host was defending Dirk saying the New Orleans losses are on everyone else but Dirk.

Is there a way for Pop to get that Wake Forest kid after all? Not likely since they are a division rival. (Scola):bang

RobinsontoDuncan
04-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Who knows but up here in Dallas today the talk show I was listening to was saying the team gets blown up if they lose in the first round. Josh Howard's name was the one most mentioned by the host and callers as the most likely to go. The host was defending Dirk saying the New Orleans losses are on everyone else but Dirk.

Is there a way for Pop to get that Wake Forest kid after all? Not likely since they are a division rival. (Scola):bang

If they're blowing the team up, then I doubt they'll care that much, it's not like they'll be able to stay competitive right off the bat.

I bet Devin Harris is looking like a bigger and bigger mistake in that front office now.....

remingtonbo2001
04-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Dallas is a mess right now. I actually feel kinda bad for Dirk.

If I'm Dallas, I'm not sure I get rid of Howard. I get rid of Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse.

With Howard and Bass, there's some infusion of youth. They have yet to reach their potential.

Steve_Javie
04-23-2008, 03:59 PM
JoHo's my boy!!!

eisfeld
04-23-2008, 04:03 PM
No way the Spurs are willing to pay 9 Million a year for Howard. 3 years left on the contract with the third being a team option. He would indeed be a nice fit for the Spurs but not for that price. When he hits Free Agency and is willing to take less money (around 4 Million to the full MLE) and he still performs the way he is playing now I can see him ending up on the Spurs roster. But that's a longshot - When he hits Free Agency there are surely better players out on the market.

eisfeld
04-23-2008, 04:06 PM
With Howard and Bass, there's some infusion of youth. They have yet to reach their potential.

Totally Agree on Bass but Howard is turning 28 in 5 days. I think his prime is right now. A solid player, a good defender, a long 3 but overpaid.

Fixed: He's turning 28 not 29

stretch
04-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Dallas is a mess right now. I actually feel kinda bad for Dirk.

If I'm Dallas, I'm not sure I get rid of Howard. I get rid of Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse.

Howard has potential, but no brains.

Not sure if its because he hates Avery and is just tuning him out, or he really has just become this brainless.

DarrinS
04-23-2008, 04:07 PM
I'd be more interested in Brandon Bass.

atxrocker
04-23-2008, 04:11 PM
most overrated "relevant" player in the league.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
I would love to have Josh Howard as a Spurs but not a chance in hell that happens

but we still have Scola though

timvp
04-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Mr. First Quarter wouldn't be worth his contract to the Spurs.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 04:27 PM

he's exactly what the Spurs need though, the perfect replacement for Bowen

Parker/Howard/Manu backcoart = 2-3 more titles

Findog
04-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Mavs would never trade him to the Spurs.

Michi_Germany
04-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I don't want Josh Howard. He has no Basketball-IQ and is a selfish player.

Tigole Bitties
04-23-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't want Josh Howard. He has no Basketball-IQ and is a selfish player.

Plus he doesn't meet the minimum age requirement to be a Spur :lol

DAF86
04-23-2008, 05:13 PM

Is there a way for Pop to get that Wake Forest kid after all? Not likely since they are a division rival. (Scola) :bang

Scola thread :stirpot:

K-State Spur
04-23-2008, 05:39 PM
I think you can scratch any "potential" talk regarding Howard.

He likely is what he is at this point. Still a good player, but I think any team that banks on him doing more than he has would be kidding themselves.

T Park
04-23-2008, 05:41 PM
He'd be in the perfect role as a starter at SG for the Spurs.

Get early offense in 3rd and first quarters, sometime seconds, let Ginobili play the rest.

Although, as I read this, this once again becomes a Scola thread.
which I don't understand why people must keep harping on, I just don't get the harping.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-23-2008, 05:48 PM
he's exactly what the Spurs need though, the perfect replacement for Bowen

Parker/Howard/Manu backcoart = 2-3 more titles

Have you ever watched him in the second half of a game? Josh Howard is to the second half of NBA games what the first quarter is to the Spurs in the Phoenix series so far.

The guy is probably the most overrated wing in the NBA. No thanks.

It's comical to suggest he'd be a great Bowen replacement. You want someone who can be relevant in more than the first quarter, and that ain't Howard.

td4mvp21
04-23-2008, 06:21 PM
If Howard was a free agent, I would want the Spurs to at least talk to him. He used to be an excellent slasher (don't know where that part of his game went this season) and he is a pretty good midrange shooter when he isn't chucking up shots. He does disappear in the fourth quarters, but the Spurs rely on Manu, Duncan, and Parker (in that order) during the fourth quarters anyway so I don't see how he would be too big of a problem. He is a decent defender. I think he's just sick of Dallas and Avery right now.

clubalien
04-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Didn;t we have a chance to pick him in the draf and we passed on him?
I would like to sign his brother

Dwight Howard

wiki on him says
The winner of the NBA 2008 Slam Dunk Contest, he is also a devout Christian who contributes substantially to philanthropic causes.

has spurs written all over him!

Elraptor
04-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Yea Dallas has a fairly pour team right now. They need to get things together and do something. They have good players, but the players aren't playing well.

Dirk and Howard right now are screwed.

hitmanyr2k
04-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Josh Halftime is an idiot right now but under the Spurs I don't see how he couldn't get better. With a better coach and team full of unselfish veterans surrounding him you would think something positive would have to rub off on the guy and make him a better player. Having Duncan behind him would certainly make him a better defender and he would instantly take care of the athleticism deficiency.

sabar
04-23-2008, 07:59 PM
He looks terrible right now. His money isn't worth the risk.

roycrikside
04-23-2008, 08:32 PM

Couldn't agree more. I've never cared for him or his game. He plays dirty, he has a terrible basketball IQ, and if he doesn't get going in the first quarter, he checks out for the whole game and is useless.

He's terribly overrated, especially defensively. And he can't really create his own shot either.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-23-2008, 08:49 PM
He used to be an excellent slasher (don't know where that part of his game went this season) and he is a pretty good midrange shooter when he isn't chucking up shots.

He got his big deal coming off the rookie contract and has shut it down since. It's not that hard to figure out.

ducks
04-23-2008, 11:11 PM
he makes almost as much as manu wow

Manudona
04-23-2008, 11:23 PM
I do not like Howard at all, and 9 freaking millions??? I rather have Nocioni for much less than that. Of course that might be the Argentinean in me, but I do think he would be a nice fit for the Spurs.

bigfan
04-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Howards not going anywhere. Neither is Dirk. If I was Stackhouse or Avery though, I wouldnt be making any home improvements anytime soon.

thekingrobert
04-24-2008, 12:37 AM
id rather have jr smith spurs need another penetrator

Supreme_Being
04-24-2008, 04:05 AM
Nah. I think I'll pass.

wijayas
04-24-2008, 07:26 AM
Certainly!!!! Spurs will collect its sixth ring in 2009...

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::lobt2:

travis2
04-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Nobody on that team is going anywhere...except maybe AJ.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92878