PDA

View Full Version : Spurs can't afford to have Kurt Thomas in foul trouble in GM3

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 04:13 PM
he's been just fantastic so far but for the Spurs to win in PHX everything has to go right, and Spurs can't have to rely on Oberto at C in the 4th qt

BlackSwordsMan
04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Good job PHX letting KT go.

Solid D
04-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Actually, I was expecting "Spurs can't afford to lose Game 3" as your next thread title, but I guess you are mellowing a bit here.

Steve_Javie
04-23-2008, 04:28 PM
no fucking shit, genius!

ancestron
04-23-2008, 04:30 PM
And its time for ....

the "SpursDynasty21 Downer Thread of the Week!!"

beachwood
04-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I kinda thought he picked up some dumb fouls in the 4th that enabled phx to get back into the game. Overall though, I'm surprised he's playing this well. Shows how smart a player he is. It usually takes a newbie at least year to learn the system and gain that corporate knowledge.

td4mvp21
04-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Kurt Thomas has picked up a lot of dumb fouls and he's missed some easy shots. I was thinking about it and I think he's just trying to show his old team up. He set hard screens, he talked some trash, etc. I can't blame him at all, but he'd be better off just going out there and playing.

honestfool84
04-23-2008, 06:20 PM
And its time for ....

:lol

SpurOutofTownFan
04-23-2008, 07:08 PM
im always inspired by your threads man... you are the voice of reason and the shadow of fear.... you are afraid of everything

T Park
04-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Thomas's 5th and 6th fouls were both bullcrap/

sabar
04-23-2008, 07:32 PM
He's right. Oberto has been a liability. Thomas should get fouls, especially to make Shaq earn his points, but it's best if he plays as long as possible.

I wonder what Pop has planned for Horry. He knows that Oberto has trouble with Amare/Shaq.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 07:34 PM
He's right. Oberto has been a liability. Thomas should get fouls, especially to make Shaq earn his points, but it's best if he plays as long as possible.

I wonder what Pop has planned for Horry. He knows that Oberto has trouble with Amare/Shaq.

I expect to see Horry get more minutes so Kurt Thomas doesn't have to pick up as many fouls and can still be available in the 4th

wildchild
04-23-2008, 07:41 PM
And its time for ....

At least, he changed his sig (former was huge and stupid as the sig's rox troll), maybe I think we should give thanks to Kori? :toast

Thomas did his job and as timvp said in recap the game, he has no reason not use his six fouls. Foul out is also his job.

SpursDynasty21. Will you give Oberto a break? I know, you don't rate him very highly but it's playoffs time and I think all Spurs players are valuable players for the team- work.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 07:46 PM
At least, he changed his sig (former was huge and stupid as the sig's rox troll), maybe I think we should give thanks to Kori? :toast

Thomas did his job and as timvp said in recap the game, he has no reason not use his six fouls. Foul out is also his job.

SpursDynasty21. Will you give Oberto a break? I know, you don't rate him very highly but it's playoffs time and I think all Spurs players are valuable players for the team- work.

Thomas should use his 6fouls but he fouled out in 13 minutes, that's a big issues because Oberto is garbage guarding Shaq and Amare

Elraptor
04-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Yea Kurt is such a great defender.

wildchild
04-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Thomas should use his 6fouls but he fouled out in 13 minutes, that's a big issues because Oberto is garbage guarding Shaq and Amare

On other hands lil' sis, if you have 200 comments to explain why you hate the guy/love Scola and you never give him any credit to his play in all season...

Maybe I stopped to hear in your 189 post.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 08:32 PM
On other hands lil' sis, if you have 200 comments to explain why you hate the guy/love Scola and you never give him any credit to his play in all season...

Maybe I stopped to hear in your 189 post.

ok lil'sis, no one with a brain thinks Oberto is on Scola's level

Oberto is not a bad player, but against the Suns he just sucks because he can't guard Amare and Shaq for shit. So if he sucks on O and can't play D what good is he? he did have that one fluke game last year though against them

wildchild
04-23-2008, 08:45 PM
ok lil'sis, no one with a brain thinks Oberto is on Scola's level

Oberto is not a bad player, but against the Suns he just sucks because he can't guard Amare and Shaq for shit. So if he sucks on O and can't play D what good is he? he did have that one fluke game last year though against them

Oberto sucks on O? he finished with 80%FG in 2 games.

Yeah, like Scola with 4-11 against Utah.

At least, Oberto can score in clutch game like overtime Game 1 or last quarter Game 2.

I'm sorry sis, but I think it's too late for you.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Oberto sucks on O? he finished with 80%FG in 2 games.

Yeah, like Scola with 4-11 against Utah.

At least, Oberto can score in clutch game like overtime Game 1 or last quarter Game 2.

I'm sorry sis, but I think it's too late for you.

sorry sis, but I do like Oberto but I just feel he doesn't match up well with the Suns

BonnerDynasty
04-23-2008, 09:07 PM
I am still puzzled as to why TNT replayed none of Thomas' fouls.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
I am still puzzled as to why TNT replayed none of Thomas' fouls.

because they didn't want to make it seem like the Suns were getting any advantage

but they will show the Amare/Shaq fouls 100x

ducks
04-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Spurs Dynasty 21 has tp showed up in the playoffs?

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Spurs Dynasty 21 has tp showed up in the playoffs?

so far yes, but the real test will be PHX, and that's not just for Parker but also for the rest of the Spurs

pawe
04-24-2008, 03:07 AM
so far yes, but the real test will be PHX, and that's not just for Parker but also for the rest of the Spurs

why does TD look like a gorilla in your avatar?