PDA

View Full Version : Who called Dirk a chicken?

DAF86
04-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Did anyone watch "inside the NBA" after the Spurs/Suns games yesterday? When they were showing the Mavs/Hornets recap, Who whispered "chicken" while Dirk was on screen? I think it was Barkley but I'm not sure

Shank
04-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Where are you attempting to go with this?

Findog
04-23-2008, 04:46 PM
It wouldn't have been Barkley. My guess is Kenny Smith, you know, the franchise guy who led the Sacramento Kings to their annual 25-57 lottery finish.

DAF86
04-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Where are you attempting to go with this?

I just want to know if someone else heard what i heard, that would be too much even for Barkley

Findog
04-23-2008, 04:48 PM
I just want to know if someone else heard what i heard, that would be too much even for Barkley

Barkley has actually been pretty defending of Dirk in the past year. It's Kenny Smith that's been a douchetard where the subject of Dirk is concerned.

DAF86
04-23-2008, 04:49 PM
It wouldn't have been Barkley. My guess is Kenny Smith, you know, the franchise guy who led the Sacramento Kings to their annual 25-57 lottery finish.

I don't see Kenny Smith doing that kind of stuff, I don't see Barkley doing that either but, unless I'm crazy, somebody did.

DAF86
04-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Please if somebody watched it, tell me if you heard something. 'cause it sounded pretty clear to me.

Findog
04-23-2008, 04:58 PM
I don't see Kenny Smith doing that kind of stuff, I don't see Barkley doing that either but, unless I'm crazy, somebody did.

Smith has been unreasonably critical of Dirk, while Barkley has usually had his back. He called him at one point a "non-rebounding 7-footer." This for a guy who averages 9-10 a game for his career.

I love it when career scrubs in Sacramento have the good fortune to piggyback Hakeem and then want to lecture us about what it takes to win.

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Kenny Smith has 2 rings and was the key threat to Houston's inside-out game with Olajuwon.

monosylab1k
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Kenny Smith has 2 rings and was the key threat to Houston's inside-out game with Olajuwon.

:lmao Clyde Drexler thinks you're a dumbass. He's not the only one.

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 05:03 PM
:lmao Clyde Drexler thinks you're a dumbass. He's not the only one.
Yeah like Clyde Drexler would dis Kenny like that. Go back to your hole little varment.

monosylab1k
04-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Yeah like Clyde Drexler would dis Kenny like that. Go back to your hole little varment.

You and Kenny Smith are the only 2 guys on the planet who think that he was a "key threat" for Houston. Vernon Maxwell probably doesn't appreciate it either. Man you're dumb.

Then again, Jordan was retired those two years so I doubt you paid much attention to basketball :lmao

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 05:08 PM
You and Kenny Smith are the only 2 guys on the planet who think that he was a "key threat" for Houston. Vernon Maxwell probably doesn't appreciate it either. Man you're dumb.

Then again, Jordan was retired those two years so I doubt you paid much attention to basketball :lmao
I was a Rockets fan when not a Bulls fan. Yeah I did my share of bandwagoning during the days. I got regrets. Thanks for bringing it up in every thread asshole.

DAF86
04-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Smith has been unreasonably critical of Dirk, while Barkley has usually had his back. He called him at one point a "non-rebounding 7-footer." This for a guy who averages 9-10 a game for his career.

I love it when career scrubs in Sacramento have the good fortune to piggyback Hakeem and then want to lecture us about what it takes to win.

Must been Kenny then.

I know that "inside the NBA" is a "free and easy" kind of show, but that's a little bit too much for me.

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 05:18 PM
:lol :lmao
Why are you quoting mono? Hopefully for comedy relief. His Bball IQ is very low.

dirk4mvp
04-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah I did my share of bandwagoning during the days.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

resistanze
04-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Lmao.

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey what spiderwebs do you have in your closet? Yeah I thought so.

dirk4mvp
04-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey what spiderwebs do you have in your closet? Yeah I thought so.

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah what I did 10 years ago is really relevent. I'm sure there are a lot of teenagers that regret their actions during the day. Btw my brother was a bulls fan as well. I guess it was kinda hard to go against that. I first was exposed to the playoffs during the Bulls and Blazers series. I was a big fan of John Paxson. Ah it doesn't matter as you will continue to hate on me. I am supposed to be a mavs fan on my date of birth.

monosylab1k
04-23-2008, 06:28 PM
I am supposed to be a mavs fan on my date of birth.

No, you're supposed to still be a Bulls fan.

So who did you root for post-Jordan? Oh please tell me the Spurs.

dirk4mvp
04-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Yeah what I did 10 years ago is really relevent. I'm sure there are a lot of teenagers that regret their actions during the day. Btw my brother was a bulls fan as well. I guess it was kinda hard to go against that. I first was exposed to the playoffs during the Bulls and Blazers series. I was a big fan of John Paxson. Ah it doesn't matter as you will continue to hate on me. I am supposed to be a mavs fan on my date of birth.

The only way to prove you're a mav fan is to get the Mavs logo branded on your forehead.

DAINTX
04-23-2008, 06:41 PM
The fact remains: Dirk has very little toughness for a big, mentally or physically. He has great skills, but the Mavs cannot count on Dirk to impose his will on them OR the opposition in a playoff series. And it's not so much his play as his leadership, or lack thereof. He typically becomes average when the Mavs are fading in tight, physical playoff games. Sorry, but that's his history. In that sense, yes he is a "chicken".

Findog
04-23-2008, 06:52 PM
The fact remains: Dirk has very little toughness for a big, mentally or physically. He has great skills, but the Mavs cannot count on Dirk to impose his will on them OR the opposition in a playoff series. And it's not so much his play as his leadership, or lack thereof. He typically becomes average when the Mavs are fading in tight, physical playoff games. Sorry, but that's his history. In that sense, yes he is a "chicken".

Idiot.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_NEzPfVOEs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_NEzPfVOEs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Vy0kI4SMvo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Vy0kI4SMvo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 06:53 PM
No, you're supposed to still be a Bulls fan.

So who did you root for post-Jordan? Oh please tell me the Spurs.
Nope didn't watch basketball until the Bulls-Blazers series. Exciting times as my brother got me into Jordan's greatness.

DAINTX
04-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Idiot.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_NEzPfVOEs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_NEzPfVOEs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Vy0kI4SMvo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Vy0kI4SMvo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Yeah, Dirk is known throughout the league as a tough-minded, physical leader who carries his team in the playoffs. :lol Uh huh. Yeah...right :lmao.

Get a reality check you dumbass. :toast

Findog
04-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah, Dirk is known throughout the league as a tough-minded, physical leader who carries his team in the playoffs. :lol Uh huh. Yeah...right :lmao.

Did you become a Spurs fan in 2007? He sent your team home with clutch play, faggot. Spurs fans of all people need to show respect. If you don't like being called out as fucking stupid, then don't type. How many active franchise players have a better playoff resume than him? By my count, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Wade, Billups and that's it. That's three HOF's, Bennett Salvatore's best friend and a first among equals in Billups. How many other franchise guys can match his 8 series wins and 1 Finals appearance? The answer is nobody besides those five guys.

Get a reality check you dumbass. :toast

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

cash459
04-23-2008, 07:13 PM
man there are some spurs "fans" in here that make it so hard for the ones who know how to discuss basketball to not get grouped in with them.

Dirk IS a definite star. cant say much for the rest of his team though

cash459
04-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey Fin......

Diggin the "Where KFC Happens" :lmao

remingtonbo2001
04-23-2008, 07:25 PM
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

I knew this was coming...How could you not?

Is this going to be your personal mantra throughout the 2008-09 season?

Findog
04-23-2008, 07:27 PM
I knew this was coming...How could you not?

Is this going to be your personal mantra throughout the 2008-09 season?

God, I hope not. I'm only committed to eating one of those things after New Orleans wins Game Five and ends our season.

Elraptor
04-23-2008, 07:36 PM
It doesn't really matter in the end...

:lol

endrity
04-23-2008, 07:50 PM
I want Dirk to ask for a trade .... to San Antonio.

DAINTX
04-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Did you become a Spurs fan in 2007? He sent your team home with clutch play, faggot. Spurs fans of all people need to show respect. If you don't like being called out as fucking stupid, then don't type. How many active franchise players have a better playoff resume than him? By my count, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Wade, Billups and that's it. That's three HOF's, Bennett Salvatore's best friend and a first among equals in Billups. How many other franchise guys can match his 8 series wins and 1 Finals appearance? The answer is nobody besides those five guys.

Damn, but you're a stupid son of a bitch. But just keep on dreaming, holding Dirk up as some kind of badass playoff wizard when everyone in the league knows he's soft. You're in the minority dumbass...Dirk has great skills, but leadership isn't one of them. He's your superstar....and fails far too often in the clutch. What a ignorant homer. Tell you what little bitch, Dirk's playoff accomplishments are NOT impressive. Your analysis sounds like another loser's I read recently, a life failure like you attempting to justify why their "hero" puts up big stats, but can't lead for shit. I wish I could find you, pussy...I might fuck you if you smile real pretty. :lmao

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I want you to trade yourself and become a :flag: fan. Stop with the I'm a mavs fan crap.

Findog
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
Damn, but you're a stupid son of a bitch. But just keep on dreaming, holding Dirk up as some kind of badass playoff wizard when everyone in the league knows he's soft. You're in the minority dumbass...

Greg Popovich: "Anybody who says Dirk is soft is an idiot."

I never said he's the best playoff closer, or the best player in the league, or made him out to be anything that he's not. I simply set you straight on the soft charge. He's not. You don't get past the Spurs and make the Finals, or come back after 10 days on a high ankle sprain and save your team from the lottery, if you're soft or not a leader.

Dirk has great skills, but leadership isn't one of them. He's your superstar....and fails far too often in the clutch.

This is just too easy. For every missed FT or time he hasn't come through, there's plenty of times that he has, regular season or playoffs. I could post a bunch of youtube videos or list dozens of times he's come through for his team, but the evidence is there if you care to get it through your thick fucking skull. When you're a team's best player, you get the ball in your hands plenty of times, and you will fail AND succeed plenty of times. I guess Dirk is a choker if you don't win all of your games or shoot less than 100% of your shots in the 4th Quarter or win multiple championships.

What a ignorant homer.

Hey, if the shoe fits for you, wear it.

Dirk's playoff accomplishments are NOT impressive.

Compared to Jordan, Bird, Magic or Duncan? Perhaps. But I never put Dirk in that category. You're conflating arguments and arguing against strawmen. You said he was soft. He's not. I set you straight and you got pissy, because you're insecure and not very bright. Learn to accept that you got owned and move on.

This is the worst part of the Spurs fanbase on display right here. It's the segment of the fanbase that has become so spoiled by the greatness of Duncan that it has lost all perspective to form any kind of rational judgment.

Your analysis sounds like another loser's I read recently, a life failure like you attempting to justify why their "hero" puts up big stats, but can't lead for shit.

Ooh, it's the "I'm losing an argument, so I'll just call you a loser" card. Sad and pathetic.

I wish I could find you, pussy...I might fuck you if you smile real pretty.

I'm a dude. Keep your cock craving to yourself. Oh and one more thing...

You'll be seeing this a lot if you stick around, and not just from me.

endrity
04-23-2008, 09:16 PM
I want you to trade yourself and become a :flag: fan. Stop with the I'm a mavs fan crap.

I think I have been a pretty loyal Mavs fan, unlike you I can say...

I want Dirk to win a ring, and if SA is the best place to do it, than so be it. The Mavs are hitting the lottery in about two years anyway and rebuilding from complete scratch.

Findog
04-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Dirk will retire a Mav. Or he'll do like Finley and go somewhere when he's 35.

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 09:24 PM
I think I have been a pretty loyal Mavs fan, unlike you I can say...

I want Dirk to win a ring, and if SA is the best place to do it, than so be it. The Mavs are hitting the lottery in about two years anyway and rebuilding from complete scratch.
I wasn't a mavs fan to start with. I never strayed from the Mavs since I joined them. I am as loyal as they come as I wasn't even born in Dallas. Expecting someone outside of Dallas to forever be a mavs fan is unrealistic. Maybe I wasn't loyal to Houston but oh well.

endrity
04-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I wasn't a mavs fan to start with. I never strayed from the Mavs since I joined them. I am as loyal as they come as I wasn't even born in Dallas. Expecting someone outside of Dallas to forever be a mavs fan is unrealistic. Maybe I wasn't loyal to Houston but oh well.

Yet through all of this, somehow you seem to think you have the right to question other people's faith in their team!!!!

Findog
04-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Yet through all of this, somehow you seem to think you have the right to question other people's faith in their team!!!!

It's one thing to be against the Kidd trade, lots of Mavs fans are questioning that move. But all he does is constantly troll on the topic and appear to be gleeful over the team's struggles.

I argued against it in the run-up, but Devin is not an irreplaceable loss. His ability to defend the elite guards is overrated, and he was also injury-prone and too inconsistent. He did a lot of good for us, and I think he'll be a good player in this league, but if he were on the level of a Paul or Deron, or hell, on the level of a Tony Paker, we never would've parted with him. I want to be wrong about the trade if it means my team is getting better.

What I will not do is be gleeful when I am right and my team is wrong. Disappointed and frustrated, yes, but not gleeful. That's not being a fan. If you don't want your Mav fans credentials questioned Mavsfan1000, then stop being a douche.

san antonio spurs
04-23-2008, 09:38 PM

so you were a rockets fan when dream won it. Became a bulls fan when His airness won it and now you're a mavs fan.
Mavs fans should cut you some slack because obviously you bring much luck to the clubs you root for because they just win it. Dirk's next.

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Well I think it's lame you want Dirk traded to San Antonio. I kinda see your point now. The ship is sinking and might as well blow the team up attitude. We still got to see what Kidd's expiring contract could get.

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 09:41 PM
so you were a rockets fan when dream won it. Became a bulls fan when His airness won it and now you're a mavs fan.
Mavs fans should cut you some slack because obviously you bring much luck to the clubs you root for because they just win it. Dirk's next.
Rockets and Bulls fan. Rockets were my home team and the Bulls is what my brother was into and so of course I got into. Jordan was pretty much worshipped around here for a long time. It was a great time to be fans of those 2 teams. :D I'm now a mavs fan and will stay one.

endrity
04-23-2008, 09:44 PM
I mostly agreen Fin, I wasn't thrilled about the trade but then I tried to see what the FO was thinking. Clearely, right now it seems like a major miscalculation. And yes I think Devin is overrated at times by the fans here, especially his defense.

The reason I liked him though was that since Avery is stuck on an iso throwback-to-the-90s-offense, than Harris was a much better fit, because he could save this team by driving when other guys had no matchups to take advantage at.

Still, I tried to make myself believe that we had a harder chance. It's so hard for me right now, because I know this team is headed for a major rebuilding job. It makes it harder because about two or so months ago, I read an article on dallasbasketball.com where they interviewed Rick Barry. I have always liked his opinions, seems really frank but also smart. He gave his view on the Mavs and the recent past, said some very smart things which I totally agreed on. And then he ended everything by saying that Kidd would be worthless here(this was pre-trade, when the rumors started), and in 2 years max the Mavs were headed to the lottery!!! Seems like someone should hire Barry as a GM.

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 09:46 PM
It's one thing to be against the Kidd trade, lots of Mavs fans are questioning that move. But all he does is constantly troll on the topic and appear to be gleeful over the team's struggles.

I argued against it in the run-up, but Devin is not an irreplaceable loss. His ability to defend the elite guards is overrated, and he was also injury-prone and too inconsistent. He did a lot of good for us, and I think he'll be a good player in this league, but if he were on the level of a Paul or Deron, or hell, on the level of a Tony Paker, we never would've parted with him. I want to be wrong about the trade if it means my team is getting better.

What I will not do is be gleeful when I am right and my team is wrong. Disappointed and frustrated, yes, but not gleeful. That's not being a fan. If you don't want your Mav fans credentials questioned Mavsfan1000, then stop being a douche.
You and Mononucleosis made me feel like I was an idiot for saying the trade was bad. I'm sorry but I got excited for being right on something though I hated the results of us losing. At the same time, I think it is a wake up call that we need to make some changes and that small ball will not get the job done. We need another big, another slasher, and another defender. Yeah a lot of needs now.

endrity
04-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Well I think it's lame you want Dirk traded to San Antonio. I kinda see your point now. The ship is sinking and might as well blow the team up attitude. We still got to see what Kidd's expiring contract could get.

Mavs are gonna rebuild really soon here, Dirk needs a ring to validate his career. And he needs a ring as a primetime player, not as a 37 year old veteran riding the bench. The guy is one of the classiest, most humble players today. I wish him only well, and if it's not in Dallas than so be it. I couldn't care less where he would win the ring as long as he did. I have nothing against the Spurs either. I totally respect their way of winning. I love watching Mavs-Spurs because it's the highest quality basketball around.

p.s It would seriously bug me though to see Dirk in a Laker or Suns uni. For some reason those would be the only two teams that I would have a little bit of trouble accepting Dirk in.

mavsfan1000
04-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I mostly agreen Fin, I wasn't thrilled about the trade but then I tried to see what the FO was thinking. Clearely, right now it seems like a major miscalculation. And yes I think Devin is overrated at times by the fans here, especially his defense.

The reason I liked him though was that since Avery is stuck on an iso throwback-to-the-90s-offense, than Harris was a much better fit, because he could save this team by driving when other guys had no matchups to take advantage at.

Still, I tried to make myself believe that we had a harder chance. It's so hard for me right now, because I know this team is headed for a major rebuilding job. It makes it harder because about two or so months ago, I read an article on dallasbasketball.com where they interviewed Rick Barry. I have always liked his opinions, seems really frank but also smart. He gave his view on the Mavs and the recent past, said some very smart things which I totally agreed on. And then he ended everything by saying that Kidd would be worthless here(this was pre-trade, when the rumors started), and in 2 years max the Mavs were headed to the lottery!!! Seems like someone should hire Barry as a GM.
Having a quick point guard in the West is a necessity against the likes of Paul, Parker, and Williams. Yes Harris had a few matchup problems against the bigger guards but not too many big guards in the west at MVP level like Paul and Wiliams. We also lost our most active bigman. Another mistake. We went small in the past and it was pretty ugly. We had much more offensive talent in 03-04 but small ball didn't get it done and it certaintly wouldn't do it now. Dampier has trouble with the pick and roll so you need another bigman that can recover quicker.

Findog
04-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Mavs are gonna rebuild really soon here, Dirk needs a ring to validate his career. And he needs a ring as a primetime player, not as a 37 year old veteran riding the bench. The guy is one of the classiest, most humble players today. I wish him only well, and if it's not in Dallas than so be it. I couldn't care less where he would win the ring as long as he did. I have nothing against the Spurs either. I totally respect their way of winning. I love watching Mavs-Spurs because it's the highest quality basketball around.

p.s It would seriously bug me though to see Dirk in a Laker or Suns uni. For some reason those would be the only two teams that I would have a little bit of trouble accepting Dirk in.

Cuban will never trade Dirk to the Suns. It aint happening. The enmity between those two franchises dating back to the original Kidd and Nash trades and Nash going back ensures that will never happen.

I don't think Dirk needs a ring to validate his career. That's falling into the trap of labeling guys failures because they don't win a title. A lot has to go right for a team to win one. Much as I hate the Spurs, I do have the UTMOST respect for what that franchise has done and they way they go about getting it done. I don't even hate them intrinsically, it's just a rivals thing. If I grew up in Philly and was a Sixers fan, I wouldn't hate the Spurs at all.

Findog
04-23-2008, 10:06 PM

Yeah, I read that article. I was against the Kidd trade initially. The way I see it now, the team wasn't doing anything as is, and the best-case scenario for Devin is that his career arc mirrors that of Billups and he gets it together. Because he's older than Deron and CP3, been in the league longer than they have, and he can't hold a candle to them. By the time Devin becomes that borderline AllStar, Dirk's window is gone. And Kidd's contract is coming off the books. So I didn't see it as a major disaster if the on-court results were not good.

DAINTX
04-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Greg Popovich: "Anybody who says Dirk is soft is an idiot."

I never said he's the best playoff closer, or the best player in the league, or made him out to be anything that he's not. I simply set you straight on the soft charge. He's not. You don't get past the Spurs and make the Finals, or come back after 10 days on a high ankle sprain and save your team from the lottery, if you're soft or not a leader.

This is just too easy. For every missed FT or time he hasn't come through, there's plenty of times that he has, regular season or playoffs. I could post a bunch of youtube videos or list dozens of times he's come through for his team, but the evidence is there if you care to get it through your thick fucking skull. When you're a team's best player, you get the ball in your hands plenty of times, and you will fail AND succeed plenty of times. I guess Dirk is a choker if you don't win all of your games or shoot less than 100% of your shots in the 4th Quarter or win multiple championships.

Hey, if the shoe fits for you, wear it.

Compared to Jordan, Bird, Magic or Duncan? Perhaps. But I never put Dirk in that category. You're conflating arguments and arguing against strawmen. You said he was soft. He's not. I set you straight and you got pissy, because you're insecure and not very bright. Learn to accept that you got owned and move on.

This is the worst part of the Spurs fanbase on display right here. It's the segment of the fanbase that has become so spoiled by the greatness of Duncan that it has lost all perspective to form any kind of rational judgment.

Ooh, it's the "I'm losing an argument, so I'll just call you a loser" card. Sad and pathetic.

I'm a dude. Keep your cock craving to yourself. Oh and one more thing...

You'll be seeing this a lot if you stick around, and not just from me.

You're obviously a pathetic jock sniffer. Findog? :lmao. You're NOT Findog, you ass. What is that? Some sort of adolescent hero worship/jock envy? Findog! :lmao. Why didn't you just call yourself, uh, let's see...something like Mikesdick? Yeah, that would suit you. :lol Jesus Christ..are you a man yet or just a boy. Nevermind, the answer is obvious. Is that why you know so much about basements and chewing soft food...oh, wait, I get it now! Of course! Look man, I'm sorry about all this. I didn't realize until just now what your preferences probably are. I've promised myself to stop making fun of people like you. I'm gonna stop...I don't want to make you cry. I'll tell you what. I'm going to make it up to you...I've been a jock all my life, so I'll let you smell MY strap! Now doesn't that sound like a deal to a guy with your obvious propensities? Well, doesn't it? One caution though, wear a hardhat...cause if I drop my dick while you're sniffing, I wouldn't want to give you a concussion. Hell, I'd never forgive myself. :lmao :toast BTW, if any of the words are too big, let me know...I'll use language more in keeping with your single digit IQ....OK? Shit, there I go again. Making fun of the less fortunate. Again, I apologize, but ....God damn, this is fun. :lol

endrity
04-24-2008, 05:38 AM
You're obviously a pathetic jock sniffer. Findog? :lmao. You're NOT Findog, you ass. What is that? Some sort of adolescent hero worship/jock envy? Findog! :lmao. Why didn't you just call yourself, uh, let's see...something like Mikesdick? Yeah, that would suit you. :lol Jesus Christ..are you a man yet or just a boy. Nevermind, the answer is obvious. Is that why you know so much about basements and chewing soft food...oh, wait, I get it now! Of course! Look man, I'm sorry about all this. I didn't realize until just now what your preferences probably are. I've promised myself to stop making fun of people like you. I'm gonna stop...I don't want to make you cry. I'll tell you what. I'm going to make it up to you...I've been a jock all my life, so I'll let you smell MY strap! Now doesn't that sound like a deal to a guy with your obvious propensities? Well, doesn't it? One caution though, wear a hardhat...cause if I drop my dick while you're sniffing, I wouldn't want to give you a concussion. Hell, I'd never forgive myself. :lmao :toast BTW, if any of the words are too big, let me know...I'll use language more in keeping with your single digit IQ....OK? Shit, there I go again. Making fun of the less fortunate. Again, I apologize, but ....God damn, this is fun. :lol

One of the reasons I like SpursTalk is that the mods really allow guys to say what they feel, even if it's opposing fans. But when I read stuff like this....

:wtf

spursfan09
04-24-2008, 07:04 AM

for who?

spursfan09
04-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Oh and the ? was never answered. Did somebody really call him a chicken? If so that's pretty unclassy to do that on TV. ouch.

Findog
04-24-2008, 07:34 AM
One of the reasons I like SpursTalk is that the mods really allow guys to say what they feel, even if it's opposing fans. But when I read stuff like this....

:wtf

Lots of talk about sniffing jocks and dicks. I believe Freud called it overcompensation. This is Spurstalk, not SuckingDickTalk. A window into the soul...

Findog
04-24-2008, 07:35 AM

America, suckin some dick from a single guy in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...blowin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get that sloppy goo down my throat.

monosylab1k
04-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Nope didn't watch basketball until the Bulls-Blazers series. Exciting times as my brother got me into Jordan's greatness.

Are you fuckin' retarded? I said POST Jordan. As in AFTER Jordan.

Indazone
04-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Oh man..the super intelligent "Burns" in here are overwhelming. I don't know if I can stand it anymore. Geez so instead of a KFC thread now it's turned into a Penis envy sloppy seconds thread. Well, guess ya just can't get anymore original than that.

DaDakota
04-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Dirk is not the problem in Dallas.

An owner who is too quick to make a trade and give up on a 67 win team, that is the problem.

DD

boutons_
04-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Dirk eliminated the Spurs with a gutsy drive instead of a 15-ft jumper. Turned out to be exactly the right choice of shot.

DAF86
04-24-2008, 10:31 AM

An owner who is too quick to make a trade and give up on a 67 win team, that is the problem.

DD

Couldn't agree more

stretch
04-24-2008, 10:38 AM

DD

I think we are all realizing that it truly was coaching that has fucked this team up so badly. I honestly wouldn't care if we made the trade or not, because I think this is still a team that can contend for a title either way, but just needs better coaching.

But I still like Kidd being here, as it opens up more offensive opporunities for us. We just need better coaching, a backup center, and we will be good next year. Every game I watch, I believe that Avery is more and more of the reason for Howards very lazy, incompetent play, and Terry's sudden incapability this year to run PG when he had always done a decent job for us in the past.

I'm willing to bet we could just keep the same guys, add a backup for Damp, a pure shooter, and a new coach, and we are back in the finals.

Indazone
04-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah a new coach would probably help. Open up that offense and run more motion.

mavsfan1000
04-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Are you fuckin' retarded? I said POST Jordan. As in AFTER Jordan.
Rockets. (my hometown)

LB7
04-24-2008, 11:48 AM
I love how this completely avoided the argument at hand. You are a clever one. And I am a girl so keep your gay man jokes to yourself if you reply to me.

Findog, I think you stumped him considering he just vomited out a bunch of nothing pertaining to the conversation yall were having. Nice work. The guy is an idiot.

Reggie Miller
04-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Barkley has admitted to trying to bribe Nowitzki into attending Auburn. I doubt he called him "chicken."

He talks about Nowitzki very favorably and tells that story pretty early on in his second book, I May Be Wrong, But I Doubt It.

Mister Sinister
04-24-2008, 12:59 PM

I don't know whether I should :lmao or :cry at this.

Mister Sinister
04-24-2008, 01:00 PM
America, suckin some dick from a single guy in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...blowin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get that sloppy goo down my throat.

:lmao God damn it, Findog!

dirk4mvp
04-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh man..the super intelligent "Burns" in here are overwhelming. I don't know if I can stand it anymore. Geez so instead of a KFC thread now it's turned into a Penis envy sloppy seconds thread. Well, guess ya just can't get anymore original than that.

Congrats, faggot. You finally made a post without mentioning Kidd.

BATMAN
04-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Its not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

The Nba Is Rigged
04-24-2008, 04:48 PM

Fail

endrity
04-24-2008, 07:47 PM
for who?

Whoever, I could care less. If Dirk demands a trade, he has every right to, and Cuban should do anything he can to help him go where he wants to go. Dallas is hitting the lottery for a couple of years anyway if Dirk leaves!!

Findog
04-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Whoever, I could care less. If Dirk demands a trade, he has every right to, and Cuban should do anything he can to help him go where he wants to go. Dallas is hitting the lottery for a couple of years anyway if Dirk leaves!!

Conversely, if Dirk doesn't want to leave Dallas, then the Mavs should let him retire in the blue and green instead of trading him away like the Wolves did KG. He has earned that kind of loyalty from the Mavs and us fans.

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2008, 12:58 AM

Lol claiming a big penis over the internet!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA that can only mean this guy has a small pecker and uses the internet to portray his alter personality he's developed in order to cope..lmao

Troll_Dynasty
04-25-2008, 01:26 AM
lol

Indazone
04-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Congrats, faggot. You finally made a post without mentioning Kidd.

Oh and by the way...Kidd still sucks but he's decent for an aging over the hill backup PG.

J_Paco
04-25-2008, 03:18 AM
Dirk is a tremendously skilled offensive-oriented big man, but his inability to develop a consistent back-to-the-basket game is his greatest fault. Yes, he has shown toughness and fortitude at different points in his career, yet like Kevin Garnett, he's shrunk under the big, bright lights of prime-time.

I know Maverick fans will never admit it, but Dirk lacking that physical strength and dominant will to win has cost their team at least one championship. Blame the refrees alleged love of Dwyane Wade all you want -like the Spurs and Pistons never faced a similar superstar that earned "phantom" calls - but Dirk, Josh Howard, Jason Terry and the rest are to blame for that huge collapse. Yet, I put most of the blame on Dirk because he couldn't play through the physical defense of James Posey and Udonis Haslem to lead his team to the Larry O'Brien trophy.

How does he follow up his team's collapse in the NBA Finals? Well, by ripping through the regular season with a franchise-high 67 victories, a first-time MVP trophy and an even more historical implosion in the 1st-round against a 8th seeded team. Shit, one of the greatest PF's ever let cast-offs like Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington and Matt Barnes take his lunch.

Yeah, yeah, he beat the Spurs once in the playoffs. But, his team, owner and fans behaved as if they'd already won it all. But, when push came to shove, this Dirk led Mavericks team fell apart like the always do.

He's a great player, but do you believe Bird, Jordan, Abdul-Jabbar, Russell or Erving would ever let a man (David West) put his hand in their face like Dirk did? That moment pretty much, fairly or unfairly, cements his legacy unless he wins a championship.

TexSports
04-25-2008, 08:31 AM
I think it was AJ who called him a chicken?

stretch
04-25-2008, 08:31 AM
...at different points in his career, yet like Kevin Garnett, he's shrunk under the big, bright lights of prime-time...

...Dirk lacking that physical strength...

...Yet, I put most of the blame on Dirk because he couldn't play through the physical defense of James Posey and Udonis Haslem to lead his team to the Larry O'Brien trophy...

...Shit, one of the greatest PF's ever let cast-offs like Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington and Matt Barnes take his lunch...

These statements show your utter ignorance of what really went on.

Do not even compare KG to Dirk when it comes to showing up on big stages. KG has NEVER had a clutch performance when it counted. Dirk has had a ridiculous amount of big time clutch performances.

Dirk is actually not a weak guy at all. Strength is not his problem in the least bit. His lazy footwork on defense is what costs him. He might not be buff, but he is actually a very strong guy.

Those series were more on the shoulders of role players such as Terry, Stack, and Howard not consistently hitting their shots when wide open. The plan originally was to double and triple Dirk anytime he tries to make a play, forcing the ball out of his hands. If his teammates cannot hit shots, then the opponent will not respect their shot, and can channel even more of their defense into stopping Dirk. If Duncan was constantly doubled and tripled, and guys like Manu, Bowen, Barry, and Parker werent hitting open shots, then he would have looked just as terrible as Dirk LOOKED.

Example: If Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse were not hitting their open shots in the series when the Mavericks beat the Spurs, how would Dirk's And-1 play likely have turned out? One thing is for sure... Manu definitley would not have been as late on the double team as he was and would have made Dirk's shot a hell of a lot tougher. Why? Because he had to account for Terry and Stackhouse getting an open shot.

Also Dirk does not have certain physical tools as a guy like Kobe or Lebron has, in allowing him to split double teams and still get to the rim. So you cannot hate on him for that, as those comparisons are completely invalid.