PDA

View Full Version : ESPN is announcing Pac Man deal is done.

samikeyp
04-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Dallas gives up their 4th this year. If Pac Man does well, Dallas would give up a 4th rounder in 2009. If he doesn't or doesn't get re-instated, Dallas gets a pick back.

Per Ed Werder on ESPN.

mardigan
04-23-2008, 05:22 PM
4th round pick, not too much to give up.
Hopefully he can stay out of trouble.

tlongII
04-23-2008, 05:33 PM
The Cowboys are the new Jail Blazers.

Darkwaters
04-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Sweet.

Evan
04-23-2008, 05:36 PM
The Cowboys are the new Jail Blazers.

Based on?????

Evan
04-23-2008, 05:48 PM
updated**

The Dallas Cowboys and Tennessee Titans have agreed in principle on a trade for suspended cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, sources told ESPN on Wednesday.

Dallas will send its fourth-round pick in Saturday's draft to the Titans for Jones.

There are also conditions attached to the trade related to Jones being reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and how much he plays for the Cowboys. If he plays a significant amount of time in 2008, the Titans will get an additional pick from the Cowboys in 2009.

If he doesn't get reinstated by the NFL, the Titans will send an undisclosed 2009 draft pick back to the Cowboys.

Also, Pacman has reached a financial settlement with the Titans regarding his contract situation. ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Jones must pay $500,000 to a charity chosen by the Titans sometime in the next two years. He will receive a new contract from the Cowboys.

ESPN NFL reporters Ed Werder and Chris Mortensen contributed to this report.

Flight3107
04-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Im going to the club tonight to make it rain in honor of the newest member of the Dallas Cowboys.

O-Factor
04-23-2008, 08:52 PM
I hear the his deal is also going to be restructured to benefit and protect the Cowboys. Something similar to what Tank Johnson got.

Evan
04-23-2008, 09:03 PM
I hear the his deal is also going to be restructured to benefit and protect the Cowboys. Something similar to what Tank Johnson got.

Yeah thats basically what DallasCowboys.com says and that it has already been done and at this point and all has been done is a physical and league approval.

kskonn
04-23-2008, 10:23 PM
does anyone know if Goodel will rule on his reinstatement before the draft?

PlayoffEx-static
04-23-2008, 10:37 PM

I'm doubting it. Dallas and Jones would be pretty plugged into what is happening, and if they thought it was going to happen, they would have waited on the ruling and set the trade price afterwards. The fact that they set the conditions tells me they are prepared to wait a while for his re-instatement decision.

possessed
04-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Bringing the criminal element back to big D.

Brilliant.

Evan
04-24-2008, 01:26 AM

Goodell has said he will decide about 2 weeks before training.

Not sure if he is allowed to workout and visit team meetings though...Tank was allowed to.

Taco
04-24-2008, 07:42 AM
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/57/pacmanad5.gif

monosylab1k
04-24-2008, 08:35 AM
This is a spectacular move for the Cowboys if Pacman is reinstated. They've got 2 near-shutdown corners now. If the Cowboys find themselves a solid #2 receiver and get rid of Roy Williams, they'll be in the Super Bowl. Hell they have a shot at 19-0.

Jimcs50
04-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Dallas proves once again that they are a classless organization. How can anyone remain a fan of this team, seriously???

tlong is right, they are the new jailblazers, they have traded for a player who desecrated their Star on national tv(Owens), a players who was no longer wanted in Chicago because of his multiple weapons violations(Johnson) and now the worst of the bunch, a player who has been arrested 6 times, a player who is indirectly responsible for a man being paralyzed for life, a man who beat up a woman in a club, a player who a class organization like the Titans would have nothing to do with(Jones)

Stay classy Dallas fans.

:rolleyes

degenerate_gambler
04-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Dallas proves once again that they are a classless organization. How can anyone remain a fan of this team, seriously???

tlong is right, they are the new jailblazers, they have traded for a player who desecrated their Star on national tv(Owens), a players who was no longer wanted in Chicago because of his multiple weapons violations(Johnson) and now the worst of the bunch, a player who has been arrested 6 times, a player who is indirectly responsible for a man being paralyzed for life, a man who beat up a woman in a club, a player who a class organization like the Titans would have nothing to do with(Jones)

Stay classy Dallas fans.

screw you deadskin fan....

stretch
04-24-2008, 10:41 AM

Stay classy Dallas fans.

Cowboys > Redskins

Fail.

mardigan
04-24-2008, 10:43 AM
they are the new jailblazers, they have traded for a player who desecrated their Star on national tv(Owens)

I didnt realize this was illegal.

This was a no lose situation, and if you can get a former 6th pick for a 4th, its worth it. If Goodell lets him back in the league, then everyone can just shut the fuck up. If Goodell thinks he deserves another chance, who gives a fuck what bitter fans have to say about it.

monosylab1k
04-24-2008, 10:48 AM
The Cowboys are in the business of winning football games, not running a nonprofit orphanage. When you have the chance to add a top-10 corner for next to nothing, you gotta do it every time.

If he causes trouble, just cut his ass. End of problem.

The only thing about this story that pisses me off is that the Patriots didn't go after him. Instead we're celebrating the signing of 48 year old Ty Law.

Jimcs50
04-24-2008, 11:11 AM
screw you deadskin fan....

Dallas fans would jackoff if they signed Osama Bin Laden, given he had great one on one cover skills.

You asswipes have no scruples, integrity or sense of right or wrong, nor does your owner.

You want to reward a total scum of the earth like Adam Jones, just so you can maybe win one playoff game???

The guy deserves to be in prison for the rest of his low life, yet you want to allow him to earn a great paycheck and be on television in front of the American youth again.....

Fucking scum bag Dallas fans.....How can you even be SA Spurs fans too???? These two franchises are the polar opposites in class.

:flipoff

mardigan
04-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Dallas fans would jackoff if they signed Osama Bin Laden, given he had great one on one cover skills.

You asswipes have no scruples, integrity or sense of right or wrong, nor does your owner.

You want to reward a total scum of the earth like Adam Jones, just so you can maybe win one playoff game???

The guy deserves to be in prison for the rest of his low life, yet you want to allow him to earn a great paycheck and be on television in front of the American youth again.....

Fucking scum bag Dallas fans.....How can you even be SA Spurs fans too???? These two franchises are the polar opposites in class.

Maybe Fred Smoot should be kicked out of the NFL for his party boat incident? If the legal system says he doesnt need to be in prison, your opinion doesnt mean shit. There are people in the NFL that have done worse, so quit your fucking bitching.

monosylab1k
04-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Weren't the Redskins just trying to trade for Chad Johnson? We all know that guy is classy all the way.

And say what you will about him now, but Sean Taylor had major character issues.

Redskins fans have no room to talk.

stretch
04-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Instead we're celebrating the signing of 48 year old Ty Law.

Yall got Law back?

monosylab1k
04-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Yall got Law back?

It's not official yet, but he picked the Patriots over the Jets and now they're finalizing a deal.

Jimcs50
04-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Maybe Fred Smoot should be kicked out of the NFL for his party boat incident? If the legal system says he doesnt need to be in prison, your opinion doesnt mean shit. There are people in the NFL that have done worse, so quit your fucking bitching.

Yeah, you dumbfuck, getting a blowjob by hookers is the same thing as having someone paralyzed on your watch, or smashing a woman's face into a stage and being arrested 6, count them 6 times.

Then after Goodell warns him and puts him on suspension, he goes to another strip club the next month with more thugs in his entourage.

Please!

MajorMike
04-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Hell they have a shot at 19-0.

Or at least 18-1.

degenerate_gambler
04-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah, you dumbfuck, getting a blowjob by hookers is the same thing as having someone paralyzed on your watch, or smashing a woman's face into a stage and being arrested 6, count them 6 times.

LOL

you're just mad because snyder is an idiot with more money than brains and the fact that his mediocre franchise hasn't been relevant since gas was $1.00/gallon.

Jimcs50
04-24-2008, 01:53 PM
LOL

you're just mad because snyder is an idiot with more money than brains and the fact that his mediocre franchise hasn't been relevant since gas was $1.00/gallon.

Last Redskins SB win 1992

Last Cowboys win: 1996

I call the difference irrelavant, yes?

Both teams have underachieved for over a decade....

I on the other hand have had my Spurs win 4 champs, my Red Sox win 2, and my Maryland Terps win once.

I have more than my fair share of celebrating......so I am fine with my Redskins sucking dicks for 15 years.

bostonguy
04-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Last Redskins SB win 1992

Last Cowboys win: 1996

I call the difference irrelavant, yes?

Both teams have underachieved for over a decade....

I on the other hand have had my Spurs win 4 champs, my Red Sox win 2, and my Maryland Terps win once.

I have more than my fair share of celebrating......so I am fine with my Redskins sucking dicks for 15 years.

Glad to have another Red Sox fan on board!:toast

bostonguy
04-24-2008, 03:17 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao
The Redskins go after everybody trying to buy championships.

bostonguy
04-24-2008, 03:19 PM
It's not official yet, but he picked the Patriots over the Jets and now they're finalizing a deal.

Maybe they should talk Deion Sanders out of retirement for their next move.

Whisky Dog
04-24-2008, 04:36 PM
:rollin @ Jimcs jumping on the morality wagon when it suits his desires. I don't recall hearing you thumping bibles on other issues. Fucking hypocrite.

That said I don't agree with picking up the guy just like I didn't agree with getting TO either.

But, Im no bandwagoner, I'm a Cowboy's fan from birth just like I'm a Spurs fan from birth. Take the good with the bad and roll on to see what happens.

T Park
04-24-2008, 05:14 PM
I think its a good pickup.

Hill will have his work cut out for him, but I think the results of TO lately and Tank Johnson speak for themselves.

Evan
04-24-2008, 06:01 PM
zero risk

Whisky Dog
04-24-2008, 06:07 PM
I'll tell you who has their work cut out for them... Calvin Hill.

monosylab1k
04-24-2008, 07:10 PM
zero risk

Oh there's definitely some risk. They did trade away decent draft picks, there's a chance that a year off will leave him incredibly rusty to start the season, and he's still a headache that the Titans gave away and now he's the Cowboys problem. If he gets into any more trouble there's a very good chance that Goodell will not only ban Pacman for life but also punish the Cowboys for having him on the team.

But they did a great job at minimizing the risk. Jerry's always been pretty good at that as far as "character" guys are concerned.

Evan
04-24-2008, 07:50 PM
if he screws up again the cowboys get their 4th back.

monosylab1k
04-25-2008, 07:56 AM
if he screws up again the cowboys get their 4th back.

And if that 4th turns out to be a spare who gets cut and the 4th given up for Pacman turns into a Pro Bowler?

Not to mention they'll probably lose additional draft picks if Pacman gets suspended by Goodell again.

mardigan
04-25-2008, 11:50 AM
And if that 4th turns out to be a spare who gets cut and the 4th given up for Pacman turns into a Pro Bowler?

Not to mention they'll probably lose additional draft picks if Pacman gets suspended by Goodell again.

Titans never lost any draft picks for the Pacs actions, dont see why the Boys would.

And as far as your 4th rounder scenario, thats a huge if.

fyatuk
04-25-2008, 02:53 PM

You are aware that's just as likely as the 4th they'd get back from the Titans turning into a pro-bowler and the one they sent to the Titans a dud.

That's just a stupid thing to use in a discussion.

monosylab1k
04-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Titans never lost any draft picks for the Pacs actions, dont see why the Boys would.

Goodell cracked down on everybody the same way when he first took over as commissioner. After that, he's already threatened to punish teams for taking in low-character guys like this.

I'm not saying it's a huge risk, but to say that this is a "zero risk" deal is false.

monosylab1k
04-25-2008, 04:23 PM
You are aware that's just as likely as the 4th they'd get back from the Titans turning into a pro-bowler and the one they sent to the Titans a dud.

That's just a stupid thing to use in a discussion.

It could certainly go either way. That's the risk.

Again, we're talking about "risk" here. To say it's zero risk is wrong. Are you too stupid to figure that out?

fyatuk
04-26-2008, 12:00 AM
It could certainly go either way. That's the risk.

Again, we're talking about "risk" here. To say it's zero risk is wrong. Are you too stupid to figure that out?

Are you too stupid to figure out that claim doesn't represent risk at all?

Of course there's risk. There's risk signing anyone. Obtaining Jones is higher risk than normal, but if it goes down as stated the Cowboys did a really good job of mitigating the risk.