PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix looks to rally against San Antonio

Spurs Brazil
04-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Phoenix looks to rally against San Antonio
By ANDREW BAGNATO, AP Sports Writer
2 hours, 18 minutes ago

San Antonio Spurs guard Manu G…

AP - Apr 22, 9:42 pm EDT 1 of 17 NBA Gallery PHOENIX (AP)—With Phoenix trailing San Antonio two games to none, Suns coach Mike D’Antoni is trying to figure out what needs to change in Game 3 of the Western Conference playoff series.

“I can’t tell you that,” D’Antoni said. “How about we just play better?”

The Suns played well enough to build double-digit leads in each of the first two games but couldn’t close the deal either time. In Game 1, San Antonio needed two late 3-pointers as it rallied for a 117-115 double-overtime victory. In Game 2, the Spurs blitzed Phoenix 27-11 in the third quarter on their way to a decisive 102-96 victory.

The losses have left the Suns in a familiar position—fighting back against San Antonio, which has eliminated them in three of the Suns’ last four postseason appearances. In the teams’ last three series, the Suns have led the Spurs only once—after Game 1 in 2003.

The Suns have overcome an 0-2 playoff deficit only once—in a best-of-five series against the Los Angeles Lakers in 1993.

ADVERTISEMENT

Both teams took Wednesday off and were not available to the media. Before they left San Antonio, the Suns vowed to make a stand when the series resumes on Friday night at US Airways Center.

“They just did what they were supposed to do,” center Shaquille O’Neal said after San Antonio’s Game 2 victory on Tuesday night. “They protected their home court. Now we have two at our place. On Friday we’ve got to get Game 3 and just take it from there.”

For their part, the Spurs aren’t looking ahead to the second round. They can remember blowing a 2-0 lead—and homecourt advantage—against the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2004 Western Conference semifinals.

“It’s a series all the way through,” San Antonio forward Tim Duncan said. “I don’t think anyone on our team expects to go 4-0. This Game 3 is big for them. They really pushed us when they were on the road. We respect them.”

The Suns acquired O’Neal, a four-time NBA champion, specifically to combat Duncan and the Spurs’ powerful inside game. So far, the move hasn’t paid off.

The Suns have held their own on the backboards, with San Antonio outrebounding them by only four in the first two games. But the Spurs have outscored the Suns in the paint 128-88, and Duncan has been virtually unstoppable.

He is averaging 29 points, 16 rebounds and three blocks in the first two games.

O’Neal has nearly as many fouls (9) as field goals (11), although he made 7 of 14 shots from the line in Game 2 and hit 5-of-6 when San Antonio went to the “hack-a-Shaq” ploy in the third period.

“I think he made the strategy look stupid,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said.

During the regular season, O’Neal’s presence allowed All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire to roam without being double-teamed. Stoudemire has scored 33 points in each of the first two games. But he made only 2 of 11 shots from the floor after halftime in Game 2, when the Spurs took command.

“They threw out different guys at me,” Stoudemire said. “And they did a pretty good job in the second half. I still had easy looks, just didn’t quite make them. But with all that said, we still had a chance to win.”

Suns point guard Nash said the Suns “lost our composure a little bit” on Tuesday night. But he said the team remains confident as it returns to the desert.

“We’ll feel good about going into Game 3,” he said. “In the playoffs, one win can change the momentum. So we just have to come out and protect homecourt.”

When the series resumes after a two-day break, the Spurs plan to keep exploiting Phoenix’s often porous defense. Guards Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili kept getting to the rim in Game 2. Parker scored 32 points and Ginobili had 29.

“Before the series (Popovich) talked to me about attacking Nash and being aggressive and putting pressure on their defense, on their bigs, Stoudemire and Shaq,” Parker said. “I think the main thing is me being aggressive and Pop calling more plays for me.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhWvM3zrc15ZieYZsshDt9KM0bYF?slug=ap-spurs-suns&prov=ap&type=lgns

romad_20
04-23-2008, 07:17 PM
“Before the series (Popovich) talked to me about attacking Nash and being aggressive and putting pressure on their defense, on their bigs, Stoudemire and Shaq,” Parker said. “I think the main thing is me being aggressive and Pop calling more plays for me.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhWvM3zrc15ZieYZsshDt9KM0bYF?slug=ap-spurs-suns&prov=ap&type=lgns

Doesn't look like Tony is backing down from the physical play. Very good sign, very good sign. He just needs to remember to keep dishing it as well as scoring.

hitmanyr2k
04-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Suns point guard Nash said the Suns “lost our composure a little bit” on Tuesday night. But he said the team remains confident as it returns to the desert.

As if returning home makes any difference for Phoenix :lol

The Spurs are 5-1 at Phoenix in 2005/2007 playoffs combined. The Suns' arena is like San Antonio's home away from home. I expect them to take a game there.

Dex
04-23-2008, 07:38 PM

I like that mindset. When Parker forces the action, the Spurs become much harder to beat.

Coming into this series, one thing that really worried me was Shaq being able to keep Parker out of the paint. So far, he doesn't seem to be able to do that all by himself. At some point, I expect the Suns will start packing the paint to cut off Parker and Ginobili's penetration. Then it will be up to the shooters to knock down the open shots.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 07:42 PM

and that selfishness is what separates Tony and Manu

Emanuel20
04-23-2008, 07:58 PM

I do not know but Tony stating this just seems stupid and selfish...What.. he wants to shoot the ball 40 times instead of 25 ...

Elraptor
04-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Of course they hope to, it's to bad they won't though :D

td4mvp21
04-23-2008, 08:00 PM
and that selfishness is what separates Tony and Manu

I do not know but Tony stating this just seems stupid and selfish...What.. he wants to shoot the ball 40 times instead of 25 ...

:rolleyes

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 08:02 PM
They asked him why he's scoring more and he said because Pop asked him to attack more and is calling more plays for him. How is that selfish? :wtf

remingtonbo2001
04-23-2008, 08:04 PM

You're taking it out of context. I think Tony is refering to Pop having more dictation throughout the game. With Pop calling the plays, it shoulders some of the responsibility away from Tony. He doesn't have to focus so much on decision making as much as he does executing.

Emanuel20
04-23-2008, 08:05 PM
They asked him why he's scoring more and he said because Pop asked him to attack more and is calling more plays for him. How is that selfish? :wtf

Well, did they ask him what is the key for the series or something of this kind?

and he said the main thing on the key is for me to be agrressive and pop calling more plays for me....

When are you going to hear a star point guard stating this?

Elraptor
04-23-2008, 08:05 PM
They asked him why he's scoring more and he said because Pop asked him to attack more and is calling more plays for him. How is that selfish? :wtfWho knows. Proboully just another B/S thing again.

I'm so sick of hearing of stuff like this, that is just wrong to say and is stupid overall. :nope

bigfundamental21
04-23-2008, 08:06 PM
I like that the Spurs understand that this is a series and that things can change quickly. I hope that they will take game 3 and really put the Suns on the ropes. It will be a great game, as I know the Suns will be ready to play and the fans will be in full force.

Emanuel20
04-23-2008, 08:07 PM
You're taking it out of context. I think Tony is refering to Pop having more dictation throughout the game. With Pop calling the plays, it shoulders some of the responsibility away from Tony. He doesn't have to focus so much on decision making as much as he does executing.

May be I am
I do see where you are coming from...I did see Pop calling plays
:flag:

L.I.T
04-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Well, did they ask him what is the key for the series or something of this kind?

and he said the main thing on the key is for me to be agrressive and pop calling more plays for me....

No, he said Pop talked to him about being more aggressive and putting pressure on their bigs.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 08:08 PM

Umm.. no, that's not what they asked him.

They asked him something about how/why he was scoring so well and he said because Pop asked him to keep attacking and is running more plays for him. Do you guys just make up stuff? Where did you hear him say anything about being the key to the series?

td4mvp21
04-23-2008, 08:10 PM

It isn't.

Emanuel20
04-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Umm.. no, that's not what they asked him.

They asked him something about how/why he was scoring so well and he said because Pop asked him to keep attacking and is running more plays for him. Do you guys just make up stuff? Where did you hear him say anything about being the key to the series?

Well, the question was what made [him] aggressive and tony said that Pop calling more plays for him. And after that he deviated and said that the main thing is him being aggressive and pop calling more plays for him.
With the last sentence he was not answering the reporter's question and I don't know if he was answering to himself what the key for the series is ....which would be correct, though

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 08:19 PM
it's a bad sign that Parker has to have plays called for him to takeover games

Manu and Timmy takeover when the Spurs need be

Parker is one of my fav. players and he's shown a lot this series, but he needs to show it on the road and get a W on Friday

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Well, the question was what made [him] aggressive and tony said that Pop calling more plays for him. And after that he deviated and said that the main thing is him being aggressive and pop calling more plays for him.
With the last sentence he was not answering the reporter's question and I don't know if he was answering to himself what the key for the series is ....which would be correct, though

“I think the main thing is me being aggressive and Pop calling more plays for me.”

He's saying the "main thing" of why he's scoring more is because pop asked him to be more aggressive and is calling plays for him.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 08:22 PM

Parker is one of my fav. players and he's shown a lot this series, but he needs to show it on the road and get a W on Friday

You can't be this dumb.

So I'll just leave it at that.

remingtonbo2001
04-23-2008, 08:23 PM

It doesn't really bother me. Phoenix was throwing some different looks at us defensively. Specifically the zone defense.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 08:24 PM
It doesn't really bother me. Phoenix was throwing some different looks at us defensively. Specifically the zone defense.

I know the Suns will be daring Parker to hit the J in Gm3, no way they let Manu and Parker have lyup drills again

time for Parker to prove he can play big on the road

Emanuel20
04-23-2008, 08:25 PM
“I think the main thing is me being aggressive and Pop calling more plays for me.”

He's saying the "main thing" of why he's scoring more is because pop asked him to be more aggressive and is calling plays for him.

Well, since we have digested enough..
:flag:

NONELIKESTIMDUNCAN
04-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Spurs Suck, No One Lieks Them At All, Just Give Up U Conservative Racists Texans.

roycrikside
04-23-2008, 08:26 PM
This is dumb. C'mon guys. I love Manu more than anybody, but as long as Nash is guarding him, I'm cool with Tony taking it to the basket as much as he wants. It's a very high percentage play for us and it's the right basketball play, exploiting their worst defender and soft interior defense.

Manu's put up 41 attempts in the two games, so I'm not complaining. I've maintained all along that to beat Phx Parker will have to dominate.

Against NO, we might need him to be more of a playmaker and focus on the mismatch Manu will have more... Hell against Dallas too. Either way.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 08:27 PM
This is dumb. C'mon guys. I love Manu more than anybody, but as long as Nash is guarding him, I'm cool with Tony taking it to the basket as much as he wants. It's a very high percentage play for us and it's the right basketball play, exploiting their worst defender and soft interior defense.

Manu's put up 41 attempts in the two games, so I'm not complaining. I've maintained all along that to beat Phx Parker will have to dominate.

Against NO, we might need him to be more of a playmaker and focus on the mismatch Manu will have more... Hell against Dallas too. Either way.

remember 04 playoffs?

Parker lives in the paint Gm1/2, then LA/Shaq adjust and make him a jump shooter and he becomes shit

that cost us the series not 0.4

Emanuel20
04-23-2008, 08:28 PM
remember 04 playoffs?

Parker lives in the paint Gm1/2, then LA/Shaq adjust and make him a jump shooter and he becomes shit

that .4 shot created Manu's bold spot

Mister Sinister
04-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Spurs Suck, No One Lieks Them At All, Just Give Up U Conservative Racists Texans.

http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/kill_yourself_3.jpg
Protip: GTFO.

BonnerDynasty
04-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Can't wait to see if the Suns adjust to the Spurs pick and roll. That was pure ownage.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 08:30 PM
remember 04 playoffs?

:lmao You dug back 4 years when Tony was 21 to criticize him and you think you aren't a hater. Anyway, like I have said repeatedly, the bashing Tony to make Manu look better and bashing Manu to make Tony look better doesn't belong here. If you insist on doing it to Tony and ducks,etc insist on doing it to Manu, you'll just be IP banned. Your shit is tired and it has no place here.

Mister Sinister
04-23-2008, 08:31 PM
As they say in the vernacular, "pwn3d."

mookie2001
04-23-2008, 08:31 PM
we all know parker is better and more important to the team than manu

mookie2001
04-23-2008, 08:32 PM
we know this

ClingingMars
04-23-2008, 08:33 PM
The Church of Manu has found another Parker quote to analyze into oblivion! LOOK OUT!

- Mars

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 08:34 PM
:lmao You dug back 4 years when Tony was 21 to criticize him and you think you aren't a hater. Anyway, like I have said repeatedly, the bashing Tony to make Manu look better and bashing Manu to make Tony look better doesn't belong here. If you insist on doing it to Tony and ducks,etc insist on doing it to Manu, you'll just be IP banned. Your shit is tired and it has no place here.

I didn't try to hate on Parker, I just used it as an example for the last time Parker/Spurs went up against Shaq in the playoffs. Only on this site am I considered a hater of one of my fav players

Mister Sinister
04-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I didn't try to hate on Parker, I just used it as an example for the last time Parker/Spurs went up against Shaq in the playoffs. Only on this site am I considered a hater of one of my fav players

Headknife.jpg

Stairs.jpg

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 08:35 PM

I'm sure it's not only this site unless you post completely different. You hate all things about the Spurs except Duncan and Manu.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 08:36 PM

Did you mean prove it again?

Didn't he score 30-some points against the Suns last year on the road in the playoffs?

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm sure it's not only this site unless you post completely different. You hate all things about the Spurs except Duncan and Manu.

I don't really post anywhere else on the Spurs, I guess I try to over analyze the negativity of the Spurs because I want to see them successful, something I'm trying to change

anakha
04-23-2008, 08:37 PM
SD21's complete avoidance of the facts constantly amazes me. :lmao

Mister Sinister
04-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I don't really post anywhere else on the Spurs, I guess I try to over analyze the negativity of the Spurs because I want to see them successful, something I'm trying to change

Ahh, delusions of significance. Sad, those.

san antonio spurs
04-23-2008, 08:39 PM

Kori said you can't be this dumb, me I think you are. So I'm going to tell what cost us those series. They packed the paint and dared all spurs shooters to make their shots. Parker dished it out and the spurs unfortunetely couldn't convert.
In case you are dumb or just joined the spurs bandwagon or you are a suns fan or mavs fan, well that's what happened.

Mister Sinister
04-23-2008, 08:40 PM

Ok, guys, sorry about double posting and double quoting all in one swoop, but...WHAT THE SHIT!? You "want to see them successful?!" As if they haven't been up to this point!?

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Kori said you can't be this dumb, me I think you are. So I'm going to tell what cost us those series. They packed the paint and dared all spurs shooters to make their shots. Parker dished it out and the spurs unfortunetely couldn't convert.
In case you are dumb or just joined the spurs bandwagon or you are a suns fan or mavs fan, well that's what happened.

I saw that series and clearly remember what happened, but this thread doesn't need to get off track talking about that series

Ok, guys, sorry about double posting and double quoting all in one swoop, but...WHAT THE SHIT!? You "want to see them successful?!" As if they haven't been up to this point!?

I want to see them successful this year, and the only measure of success for the Spurs = title

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 08:42 PM
.... this thread doesn't need to get off track talking about that series

Exactly.
Go back to twisting Tony's quote about Pop wanting him to attack instead.

san antonio spurs
04-23-2008, 08:43 PM
I saw that series and clearly remember what happened, but this thread doesn't need to get off track talking about that series

You posted a stupid opinion that you tried to pass as a fact. I just corrected. Get your facts straight.

Mister Sinister
04-23-2008, 08:43 PM

I want to see them successful this year, and the only measure of success for the Spurs = title

No, fuck you, you didn't specify "this year" in the post I 2-quoted, so take your attempt to backpedal and cram it.

roycrikside
04-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Three things spursdynasty is missing with his comparison to '04.

A) Tony is a much better player now than '04, and I trust his jump shot, his maturity, his decision making, and his playoff fortitude more now than I did then.

B) Tony has better options to pass to now, better shooters. No Barry on the team in '04, no Finley, and certainly '08 Manu is a much more complete and lethal offensive weapon than '04 Manu, who Pop still didn't totally trust back then.

C) This Shaq and this Suns defense around him pales in comparison to the Lakers defense of '04. That Shaq was considerably more mobile, they had Kobe who's a defensive beast when motivated, and a bunch of scrappy veterans. These Suns are soft on defense and Bell is the only guy right now who even competes in his own end.

Right now unless the Suns want to stick all five of their guys in the paint and dare the Spurs to make open 15 footers, their only recourse to not allowing points in the paint is to foul and hope the refs don't call it. They just don't have the size or speed to deal with the big three and their coach certainly isn't the defensive tactician one would need to overcome their deficiencies.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 09:10 PM
OBVIOUSLY Parker is a MUCH better player now then he was in 2004, which is why I expect him to continue his fantastic play

I just brought up that series as an example of a team with Shaq that adjusted there game plan because they were getting lay up drill pulled on them like the Suns are now

mojorizen7
04-23-2008, 09:10 PM
SUNS only hope to win this series is that D'Antoni gets ejected in the first 2 minutes of each remaining game leaving Alvin Gentry in charge.
:bang

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 09:11 PM
SUNS only hope to win this series is that D'Antoni gets ejected in the first 2 minutes of each remaining game leaving Alvin Gentry in charge.
:bang

:lmao If Alvin Gentry is your only hope ...

Manu_Ginobili
04-23-2008, 09:13 PM
You can't be this dumb.

So I'll just leave it at that.

I agree...:flag:

mojorizen7
04-23-2008, 09:13 PM
:lmao If Alvin Gentry is your only hope ...

It's not so much "who's" in charge but "who isn't."
Still...I:lol in disgust.

5ToolMan
04-23-2008, 09:18 PM

If he can continue running layup drills in the Suns' paint, I say shoot away.

anakha
04-23-2008, 09:19 PM
I just brought up that series as an example of a team with Shaq that adjusted there game plan because they were getting lay up drill pulled on them like the Suns are now

So, going by the flow of your argument, Parker is a selfish player because he needs to have plays called for him to take it inside, which ended up failing because the Lakers adjusted back in the 2004 WCSF?

Your logic makes my head asplode. :dizzy

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 09:23 PM
it just seemed like a selfish comment, I don't really thin he's a selfish person or anything like that

and your connection you tried to make was a joke

phyzik
04-23-2008, 09:25 PM
One thing I can say is I am pleasantly suprised at the composure of the Suns fans this year. I thought for sure we would be bombarded with conspiracies that Stern, for some obscure reason, wants one of the smallest markets to win or that we must have the refs on our payroll.

Stay classy Suns fans, your really impressing me this year! That is a statement in all seriousness too... no sarcasm.

Game 3 will be the true test of Suns fans on this site if the Spurs win though.

anakha
04-23-2008, 09:25 PM
it just seemed like a selfish comment, I don't really thin he's a selfish person or anything like that

and your connection you tried to make was a joke

How am I supposed to make sense of what you're saying if all I'm seeing from you is either senseless or nonsense? :lol

5ToolMan
04-23-2008, 09:29 PM
remember 04 playoffs?

I think it is too late for the Suns to get Malone, Payton and Fisher to toughen up their play in the paint. This is the 2008 Suns we are talking about.

Tony and Manu are much stronger in the paint than they were in 2004. In addition Fab, Thomas and the Red Rocket if needed, add more interior grit.

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 09:29 PM

So it's selfish, when someone asks you why you are scoring more, to explain that your coach wants you to attack more and wants more plays run for you.

Got it. :rolleyes

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-23-2008, 09:30 PM
One thing I can say is I am pleasantly suprised at the composure of the Suns fans this year. I thought for sure we would be bombarded with conspiracies that Stern, for some obscure reason, wants one of the smallest markets to win or that we must have the refs on our payroll.

Stay classy Suns fans, your really impressing me this year! That is a statement in all seriousness too... no sarcasm.

they haven't gone crazy because they realize they are done

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 09:31 PM

I don't think they are being any more composed. I think I have deleted more threads by obnoxious Suns posters in the last 2 days than I did in the 2007 or 2005 playoff series. Their nigg--, fag tirades are in full force.

phyzik
04-23-2008, 09:33 PM
I don't think they are being any more composed. I think I have deleted more threads by obnoxious Suns posters in the last 2 days than I did in the 2007 or 2005 playoff series. Their nigg--, fag tirades are in full force.

:lol well then... nevermind!

Stay classy Suns fans! Sarcasm included this time
:downspin:

Kori Ellis
04-23-2008, 09:34 PM
:lol well then... nevermind!

Stay classy Suns fans! Sarcasm included this time
:downspin:

The funniest one said repeatedly that Duncan had a small penis. :lmao That's all you can say? If I was a disgruntled Suns fan, I would have better material :lmao

timaios
04-23-2008, 09:36 PM
I know the Suns will be daring Parker to hit the J in Gm3, no way they let Manu and Parker have lyup drills again

Time for you to prove you have a brain.

Get a life !

duncan228
04-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I think I have deleted more threads by obnoxious Suns posters in the last 2 days than I did in the 2007 or 2005 playoff series.

Thanks for keeping them at bay Kori.

duncan228
04-23-2008, 09:39 PM
The funniest one said repeatedly that Duncan had a small penis. :lmao That's all you can say? If I was a disgruntled Suns fan, I would have better material :lmao

:lmao Really, thanks for keeping them at bay. The Suns trolls seem worse than the rest. At least until we move on and the next wave descend on us.

MI21
04-23-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't think that would have been a selfish quote even if the question was "How can you score more points?"... I love hearing that sort of thing, shows confidence in your abilities and Tony wouldn't say it unless he can back it up.

But the quote is clearly referring to why he is scoring more in the paint, so basically he gave a very modest response. He could of easily said something along the lines of "oh, they have no one to guard me, and I'm impossible to stop once I get in the lane".

Spurs Brazil
04-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Why people hate Tony?

The kid is great. I love the way he's attacking this whole series. I hope he can go to game 3 and scores 50

Enjoy this great team and stop the hate

ducks
04-24-2008, 03:26 PM

you are one stupid idiot

duncan has to get the ball to score
unless he gets the rebound and dunks it

manu has to have the ball in order to score unless he rebounds it

the reason tp is scoring more is because they want him to shot 25 shots a game
there is a reason why pop ask him to do that
it is to get their bigs in foul trouble to open it up for other people!!!!!!!!!
noone on the spurs is as fast as tp !

ducks
04-24-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't think that would have been a selfish quote even if the question was "How can you score more points?"... I love hearing that sort of thing, shows confidence in your abilities and Tony wouldn't say it unless he can back it up.

But the quote is clearly referring to why he is scoring more in the paint, so basically he gave a very modest response. He could of easily said something along the lines of "oh, they have no one to guard me, and I'm impossible to stop once I get in the lane".

true he could have said what chris paul said
he might as well because no matter how he answered the question spur fans hate him

ducks
04-24-2008, 03:29 PM
remember 04 playoffs?

tp is alot better then in 2004 you idiot
and phil jackson is way smarter then the suns coach
and tp has a jumpshot now unlike 2004

WildcardManu
04-24-2008, 03:42 PM
It would be understandable if someone called TP selfish and ballhogger when he is missing most of his shots, but the kid is putting up layup clinics, why would we want him to stop?

Crookshanks
04-24-2008, 03:57 PM
I really don't understand this CoT and CoM competition. They're both on the same team for god's sake! :nope We should be thankful we have probably one of the fastest and best backcourts in the NBA. Who cares which one scores more as long as we keep winning?! :lobt2:

Man - some of you guys are like the Protestants and Catholics in Ireland. :ihit

ducks
04-24-2008, 04:04 PM
It would be understandable if someone called TP selfish and ballhogger when he is missing most of his shots, but the kid is putting up layup clinics, why would we want him to stop?

because they want the spurs to shot harder shots!
layups are easier then jumpshots so they want spurs to have to shot jumps and still beat suns

FromWayDowntown
04-24-2008, 04:07 PM

I don't get this at all. It's not as if Tony Parker hasn't ever shown the ability to play well on the road in the playoffs.

In 48 career playoff road games (a big number in itself) Parker averages 17.7 ppg while shooting right about 45% from the floor.

In the last 3 years, those numbers are even better -- since 2005 in 26 road playoff games, Parker averages 19.1 while shooting 47% from the floor.

And in 2007, Parker averaged 19.4 on 48% shooting in 9 playoff road games.

In his playoff career, Parker has 18 games of 20+ in road playoff games. He also has 3 games of 30+ points -- all in the last two seasons.

The idea that Parker doesn't play well on the road in the playoffs strikes me as mostly myth.

BigVee
04-24-2008, 04:24 PM
No facts, please. Just moronic comments out of someone's ass.

BATMAN
04-24-2008, 04:53 PM
I let Tony borrow my Bat-Nikes for the playoffs.