PDA

View Full Version : My baby is not a...

2Blonde
04-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Baby anymore. She turned 16 last month and has now had her driver's license for 3 1/2 weeks. I drew a graphite pencil portrait of her from a recent photo, but every time I look at it all I can think of is another picture we had taken when she was 3yrs old. Damn, it's just not right.

At 3...

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5283/ckp3yrsdx3.jpg

At 16...
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2766/amazingckpwl3.jpg

I just want to lock her up and keep her home all the time.:shootme

mrsmaalox
04-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Amazing isn't it? My daughter turned 12 today! I can't believe it's been 12 yrs since the scariest day of my life......She was born 3 months early, weighing in at a whopping 1 lb and 15 oz.!!!! You should see her now, she's awesome. Heck I think I need a drink......

04-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeesh, I'm just glad I have 10 more years before I'm in your shoes.

I hear Little Penguin Shiraz helps.

Fillmoe
04-23-2008, 10:28 PM
she was at my house last weekend

ShoogarBear
04-23-2008, 10:32 PM
:lol and I'm sure she'd just be thrilled at Mom posting her pics on a message board.

Fillmoe
04-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Baby anymore. She turned 16 last month and has now had her driver's license for 3 1/2 weeks. I drew a graphite pencil portrait of her from a recent photo, but every time I look at it all I can think of is another picture we had taken when she was 3yrs old. Damn, it's just not right.

At 3...

At 16...

At 21

http://www.thejackpotgame.com/Scrapbook_Game/Stripper1.jpg

florige
04-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Amazing isn't it? My daughter turned 12 today! I can't believe it's been 12 yrs since the scariest day of my life......She was born 3 months early, weighing in at a whopping 1 lb and 15 oz.!!!! You should see her now, she's awesome. Heck I think I need a drink......

Drinking is not the answer MM.:lol

mrsmaalox
04-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Drinking is not the answer MM.:lol

I know you're right, but after seeing Fillmoe's 21 pic, I'm leaning more towards morphine! :lol

Fillmoe
04-23-2008, 10:46 PM
lol.... my pic disappeared fast as fuck.... it didnt even have anything in it though.... cept a chicks tongue....

atxrocker
04-23-2008, 10:47 PM
rofl @ fillmoe's deleted post

Fillmoe
04-23-2008, 10:49 PM
at 23

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/funny23.gif

atxrocker
04-23-2008, 10:51 PM
i expect an appearance from pedo bear

Pedo Bear
04-23-2008, 10:52 PM
http://i12.tinypic.com/4rc65gn.jpg

Fillmoe
04-23-2008, 10:54 PM
LOL! I just noticed there is a fucking bear under the sheets behind the second pic in Pedo Bears sig....

2Blonde
04-23-2008, 11:04 PM
:lol and I'm sure she'd just be thrilled at Mom posting her pics on a message board.

That's why I only posted a picture of her at 3 yrs old and the one at 16 is just a drawing. I wouldn't dare post a picture of her now on this board.

she was at my house last weekend
Fillmoe,
That'll never happen because we put a GPS Tracker on her car and know where she's at every minute.
Besides, she has self respect and standards and wouldn't give you the time of day, much less anything else. :loser

Fillmoe
04-23-2008, 11:05 PM
lol.....

mrsmaalox
04-23-2008, 11:07 PM
Besides, she has self respect and standards and wouldn't give you the time of day, much less anything else. :loser

:nutkick:

Fillmoe
04-23-2008, 11:35 PM
msmaalox acts like she doesnt want to see my penis... LOL

midgetonadonkey
04-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Peewee will be masturbating to this thread once he sees it.

mrsmaalox
04-23-2008, 11:48 PM
msmaalox acts like she doesnt want to see my penis... LOL

I'm not acting.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-23-2008, 11:52 PM
2blonde do you seriously track your daughter every minute with that gps

Slomo
04-24-2008, 12:06 AM

Personally I'm partial to electrified barb wire although I've heard razor wire also works. :D

marini martini
04-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Shit, I go to "Dancing with the stars" message board and come back to this!

You wanna talk little girls grown up???????? A GPS, wouldn't have worked on my kid. She would have parked at her friends house and took off to the Verizon for the Ozzfest:lol

You are an awesome artist, BTW, 2 Blonde:toast

2Blonde
04-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Shit, I go to "Dancing with the stars" message board and come back to this!

You wanna talk little girls grown up???????? A GPS, wouldn't have worked on my kid. She would have parked at her friends house and took off to the Verizon for the Ozzfest:lol

You are an awesome artist, BTW, 2 Blonde:toast

Thank you M&M:toast

2Blonde
04-24-2008, 12:22 AM
2blonde do you seriously track your daughter every minute with that gps

Hell yes I do!! I can go online and get up to the minute status or set it to send me a report every day. Additionally I can input speed and geographical parameters and it will alert me if she goes to fast or goes outside a certain area during the school hours I have set.
We told her when she wanted a car that this was part of the deal. You never know when someone is going to try and carjack your daughter or steal your car. Plus it's an added way for her to gain our trust by being able to back up what she is telling us. I think it also lowers your insurance rates, although I'm not sure about that one.

TheSanityAnnex
04-24-2008, 12:23 AM
Hell yes I do!! I can go online and get up to the minute status or set it to send me a report every day. Additionally I can input speed and geographical parameters and it will alert me if she goes to fast or goes outside a certain area during the school hours I have set.
We told her when she wanted a car that this was part of the deal. You never know when someone is going to try and carjack your daughter or steal your car. Plus it's an added way for her to gain our trust by being able to back up what she is telling us. I think it also lowers your insurance rates, although I'm not sure about that one.

Your poor daughter. You're worse than Big Brother.

makedamnsure
04-24-2008, 12:25 AM
Glad my parents don't track me :)

mrsmaalox
04-24-2008, 12:29 AM
2B, you rock! We can't take chances with our baby girls. Did you give her a "probationary" period with the GPS or will it always be there?

Fillmoe
04-24-2008, 12:33 AM
if my parents ever did that shit it would prolly force me to rebel even more at that age....

marini martini
04-24-2008, 12:33 AM
2B, you rock! We can't take chances with our baby girls. Did you give her a "probationary" period with the GPS or will it always be there?

Probationary:lol:lol:lol

Always be there, until she's not living in the house, and supporting herself:toast

Another 14 years!

2Blonde
04-24-2008, 12:34 AM
Your poor daughter. You're worse than Big Brother.
Damn right!! The way I see it is she is 16 (a minor), not 18. She doesn't support herself, she's driving a car that I pay the exorbitant insurance on, I pay for one tank of gas a week, I pay to feed & clothe her and keep her healthy. The very least she can do is give her parents the peace of mind of knowing where she is and that she isn't out speeding and endangering others. It's not like I actually sit there and watch her movements 24/7, although theoretically I could. If she doesn't make it home when she is supposed to then I might check. Other than that, I just scan a daily report. She's a pretty good kid but she does have her moments.

2Blonde
04-24-2008, 12:39 AM

We haven't really decided that yet. Maybe when she's 18, or supporting herself which I don't expect to happen until after college. Once she's done with it, I wouldn't mind putting it on my car. You never know when something could happen and it would sure be nice to be able to know my movements could be tracked if I went missing,

Louie Vega
04-24-2008, 12:49 AM
I wouldn't mind putting it on my car. You never know when something could happen and it would sure be nice to be able to know my movements could be tracked if I went missing,

:wtf:wtf:wtf

marini martini
04-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Free car+insurance+food+clothing+education=GPS monitoring!

CuckingFunt
04-24-2008, 01:44 AM
I didn't get my license until I was 21, but if I'd had a license and a car with GPS when I was 16, my mother would have probably been disappointed to see that I wasn't out getting into trouble. I've never been rebellious enough for her.

cuckingfunt's dog
04-24-2008, 01:50 AM
So she is happy that you are a rug muncher?

DannyT
04-24-2008, 02:22 AM
Damn right!! The way I see it is she is 16 (a minor), not 18. She doesn't support herself, she's driving a car that I pay the exorbitant insurance on, I pay for one tank of gas a week, I pay to feed & clothe her and keep her healthy.

Cause After all YOU did have her... So its her fault she has to put you through all this...anyway I am not sure how I would do this...I mean I dont know if I would tell her or not...Because the whole telling her just makes her smarter and trying to ditch the ride and find other means...at the same time you can still catch her in lies... i would try it out for a few months then see how things matched up...if they went smooth then I would tell her about it...tough one...but much needed either way...I know my babysitter is having mad issues with her daughter and shes only like 14 or 13. I'm ol hell nah...My littler girls only 2 and I cant imagine 10 to 12 years from now I just cant....

KidCongo
04-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Whats the age law for driving in the US?

Sunshine
04-24-2008, 07:10 AM
Whats the age law for driving in the US?

Fifteen for a learners permit and someone over 21 (I think) has to be in the car with them, 16 to driver by yourself.

ATRAIN
04-24-2008, 07:25 AM
if my parents ever did that shit it would prolly force me to rebel even more at that age....

This doesn't happen very often but I have to agree with Filmoe here. If that would have happened to me I would have found a way to get around it and probably gotten into more trouble. My parents put a lot of trust in me, which when your 15 mins from Mexico shouldnt happen. Those 10 dollar all you can drink nights when you are 16, were awesmoe!!Oh yeah and yes Pee Wee will salivate when he reads this thread.

travis2
04-24-2008, 07:48 AM

At 3...

At 16...

Gorgeous young lady...

My oldest turns 20 in a couple of weeks...:depressed Even my youngest is almost 18...

leemajors
04-24-2008, 08:20 AM
http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/04/billgatesdefence.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/383011/gps-tracker-defense-hides-your-global-position

Once plugged into one of our 15 power ports, we'd be able to block all GPS transmissions for a range of 5 meters.

$300

Das Texan
04-24-2008, 10:38 AM
amazing the technology thats out there.

when i was a teen some 10 years ago, damn thats a long time, this shit didnt even exist and i would have called bullshit on it anyway.

amazing.

thispego
04-24-2008, 10:59 AM
http://www.testsymptomsathome.com/als/als21Figure7.2.jpg
2blonde and her husband installing a breathalyzer car starter in their daughters car

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-24-2008, 11:45 AM
IMO, installing the breathalyzer is a better idea than the GPS.

That, no cell phone until they have a DL and banning them from the MySpaces of the world.

Sunshine
04-24-2008, 11:57 AM
IMO, installing the breathalyzer is a better idea than the GPS.

That, no cell phone until they have a DL and banning them from the MySpaces of the world.

I'd ban them from having a cell phone and a drivers license. They shouldn't be talking on the phone and driving. And yes, I know a cell phone is a safety item in case they breakdown, have a wreck etc., but at least fork out $30 for a bluetooth so they don't juggle holding a cell phone, putting on mascara and trying to wave at their friend in the car behind them.

04-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Cell would be just for emergency purposes but solid points nonetheless.

fatsack
04-24-2008, 12:02 PM
I almost got taken out this morning by a reagan senior (by the graffiti in her windows) while she was packing down a new pack of cigarettes.

mrsmaalox
04-24-2008, 12:02 PM
I'd ban them from having a cell phone and a drivers license. They shouldn't be talking on the phone and driving. And yes, I know a cell phone is a safety item in case they breakdown, have a wreck etc., but at least fork out $30 for a bluetooth so they don't juggle holding a cell phone, putting on mascara and trying to wave at their friend in the car behind them.

I can never use one of those bluetooth thingys so I'd rather just text while I drive!! :lol

Sunshine
04-24-2008, 12:05 PM
I can never use one of those bluetooth thingys so I'd rather just text while I drive!! :lol

:wow

I love my bluetooth, but have been known to text and drive. But not with my kids in the car, they yell at me!

04-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Texting is slowly getting on my nerves. If you're out on the town, don't text and try to hold a convo at the same time. Pick one and be done with it.

It's a complete turnoff and I walked away from a sure thing because of it. And I was the asshole in her eyes.

Maybe I am just getting old.

mrsmaalox
04-24-2008, 12:08 PM

I love my bluetooth, but have been known to text and drive. But not with my kids in the car, they yell at me!

No I don't really; I won't even talk and drive, I'm too easily distracted to multitask. I've recently been seeing more people reading books while driving!

BacktoBasics
04-24-2008, 12:13 PM
I get 2B's stance. My hats off to you for being honest about the tracking equipment being part of the deal. Some parents would have done that secretly behind the kids back. Approach and how you do something is everything with a 16 year old. Excellent job!

Sunshine
04-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Texting is slowly getting on my nerves. If you're out on the town, don't text and try to hold a convo at the same time. Pick one and be done with it.

It's a complete turnoff and I walked away from a sure thing because of it. And I was the asshole in her eyes.

Maybe I am just getting old.

Then I'm getting old too. I think it's the height of rudeness to take a phone call when you are anywhere in public, especially if you're with someone. I was behind someone in Subway once who was on their phone while trying to order their sandwich and when the guy asked her what veggies she wanted she scowled and put her finger up like "hold on, can't you see I'm on the phone???" and held up the line.

And people who talk on the their cell phone while eating out at a restaurant PISS ME OFF!! The only time I'm ever worried about my phone ringing when I'm out to dinner with fatsak is if the kids aren't with us. If they call, I'll answer it, other than them, whoever it is can leave a message and I'll check it later.

sa_butta
04-24-2008, 12:20 PM

Bluetooth is the greatest thing for talking and driving, but not meant to be abused. And I really dont like texting too much so I dont do it while Im driving.

BacktoBasics
04-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Then I'm getting old too. I think it's the height of rudeness to take a phone call when you are anywhere in public, especially if you're with someone. I was behind someone in Subway once who was on their phone while trying to order their sandwich and when the guy asked her what veggies she wanted she scowled and put her finger up like "hold on, can't you see I'm on the phone???" and held up the line.

And people who talk on the their cell phone while eating out at a restaurant PISS ME OFF!! The only time I'm ever worried about my phone ringing when I'm out to dinner with fatsak is if the kids aren't with us. If they call, I'll answer it, other than them, whoever it is can leave a message and I'll check it later.Every day brings me a new asshole that stops me mid sentence to answer his phone or text someone. Its offensive and quickly becoming my largest pet peeve behind phones that sing songs.

Sunshine
04-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Every day brings me a new asshole that stops me mid sentence to answer his phone or text someone. Its offensive and quickly becoming my largest pet peeve behind phones that sing songs.

:( Then you wouldn't like my ringers. Each person is assigned their own song/ringtone.

ATRAIN
04-24-2008, 12:27 PM
:( Then you wouldn't like my ringers. Each person is assigned their own song/ringtone.

What pisses me off is caller tunes. I stop calling people who have them!! Seriously why do you want people to hear a crappy song when they call you.

RandomGuy
04-24-2008, 12:28 PM
That'll never happen because we put a GPS Tracker on her car and know where she's at every minute.

Forget big brother... Big Momma is watching...

My boys are 5 and 2, I wonder how much I need to be up in their business when they hit teenager-dom.

Keep in mind at SOME point you will simply have to trust her to make good decisions, and hope she doesn't borrow a friends car to skip out of mom's surveillance net.

ATRAIN
04-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Don't they have kid cell phones with GPS systems built in?

mrsmaalox
04-24-2008, 12:29 PM
What is a caller tune?

ATRAIN
04-24-2008, 12:33 PM
What is a caller tune?

Where you call someone and instead of hearing the ringing before they answer you hear a song. Its something that the person your calling wont even hear the song, its very very stupid!!

Agitator
04-24-2008, 12:34 PM
I didn't get my license until I was 21, but if I'd had a license and a car with GPS when I was 16, my mother would have probably been disappointed to see that I wasn't out getting into trouble. I've never been rebellious enough for her.

Easy cure for that:

Date some loser from Spurstalk.com

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x175/ktb5225/militia-fail.jpg

Try introducing this guy to your mother as your "true love" :lmao

remingtonbo2001
04-24-2008, 12:35 PM
This thread got completely hijacked.

Agitator
04-24-2008, 12:39 PM

I did that once, but I lost all my friends, because they had no sense of humor and totally take things out of context.

I mean, what's NOT funny about the song "Idiots on Parade"... :wtf

Agitator
04-24-2008, 12:40 PM
This thread got completely hijacked.

Don't worry, I'm sure somebody has a GPS tracker on it...

marini martini
04-24-2008, 12:54 PM
:tu

Sunshine
04-24-2008, 01:06 PM
What pisses me off is caller tunes. I stop calling people who have them!! Seriously why do you want people to hear a crappy song when they call you.

Ohhh...you mean "please enjoy the music while your party is reached" things? Mine are ringtones that *I* hear when I get a call. I downloaded songs from myxertones that remind me of the people on my cell phone and assigned them. That way when I hear "Kung Fu Fighting" I know it's my b/f calling, "Sweet Home Alabama" is my son calling, etc.

ATRAIN
04-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Ohhh...you mean "please enjoy the music while your party is reached" things? Mine are ringtones that *I* hear when I get a call. I downloaded songs from myxertones that remind me of the people on my cell phone and assigned them. That way when I hear "Kung Fu Fighting" I know it's my b/f calling, "Sweet Home Alabama" is my son calling, etc.

YES those stupid caller tunes. Now if I hear that intro please enjoy this blah blah blah I hang up and text them. I also tell them if they want me to call to take that shit off.

Sunshine
04-24-2008, 01:08 PM
I did that once, but I lost all my friends, because they had no sense of humor and totally take things out of context.

I mean, what's NOT funny about the song "Idiots on Parade"... :wtf

lol

I assigned "Take This Job and Shove It" to my boss. :lol

Sunshine
04-24-2008, 01:10 PM
YES those stupid caller tunes. Now if I hear that intro please enjoy this blah blah blah I hang up and text them. I also tell them if they want me to call to take that shit off.

I only have a couple of friends who use them and it makes me feel like I'm on hold. I'm with you on that one. My boss used to have this thing that said something lame like "**name** is soooo hawwwwt. He asked me to let you know he's hurrying as fast as he can to answer your call...mmmm...oooo...ahhhhh" I felt so cheap and dirty, like I had called a sex chat line or something.

ATRAIN
04-24-2008, 01:15 PM
I only have a couple of friends who use them and it makes me feel like I'm on hold. I'm with you on that one. My boss used to have this thing that said something lame like "**name** is soooo hawwwwt. He asked me to let you know he's hurrying as fast as he can to answer your call...mmmm...oooo...ahhhhh" I felt so cheap and dirty, like I had called a sex chat line or something.

You know it turned you on a little!!

Sunshine
04-24-2008, 01:17 PM
You know it turned you on a little!!

I threw up a little in my mouth.

Heath Ledger
04-24-2008, 01:20 PM
How bout them Tigers.

mrsmaalox
04-24-2008, 01:26 PM
It pisses me off that phones do much now! I know I only use about 20% of my phone's features. I have one of those Walkman phones and I'm just thrilled I can listen to Morning Edition while I run. I have no idea how to use the MP3 or whatever else. And wtf is a template?! I think it has to do with texting, but most people who have texted me know that it wll be a long wait for my reply cuz I'm so slow. Better just to call me!

degenerate_gambler
04-24-2008, 01:30 PM
It pisses me off that phones do much now! I know I only use about 20% of my phone's features. I have one of those Walkman phones and I'm just thrilled I can listen to Morning Edition while I run. I have no idea how to use the MP3 or whatever else. And wtf is a template?! I think it has to do with texting, but most people who have texted me know that it wll be a long wait for my reply cuz I'm so slow. Better just to call me!

I'm with you....the only thing I know how to do on my phone is make/take calls.

And no special ringtones or crap like that. I just keep it on vibrate in my front pocket to get a cheap thrill every now and then. Call me..:eyebrows

SpursWoman
04-24-2008, 01:34 PM

I had did a caller tone thingy to Chris one time as a joke ... it says something like "Hang on, your girlfriend will be with you shortly" or something cheesy like that. I thought it was funny. :nerd

04-24-2008, 01:40 PM
I had one of those caller tunes for a short period. Played Wish You Were Here.

Love that song so I made it my ringer instead.

Subtle threadjacks are the bestest.

CuckingFunt
04-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Where you call someone and instead of hearing the ringing before they answer you hear a song. Its something that the person your calling wont even hear the song, its very very stupid!!

I have that because Verizon won't let me get rid of it easily, and I don't feel like jumping through hoops to get a 99¢ monthly charge taken off my bill. That feature doesn't bother me too much depending on the song, but most people who call me are confused if they're not expecting it.

One of my biggest cell phone pet peeves (in addition to the general overuse/social etiquette pet peeve) is the use of ringtones that have words. I like fun ringtones -- my phone has "Soul Bossa Nova" (the Austin Powers theme), the Batman theme, and a few others that I've downloaded -- but I absolutely can't stand when people have a clip of a song that includes the lyrics. I also hate when people use cheap and/or homemade ringtones that are really low quality and/or distorted. Lastly, anyone whose ringtone is a siren, someone obnoxiously shouting "Hey! Answer your damn phone!", or some other random collection of noises, deserves to be shot.

RandomGuy
04-24-2008, 02:10 PM
I have that because Verizon won't let me get rid of it easily, and I don't feel like jumping through hoops to get a 99¢ monthly charge taken off my bill. That feature doesn't bother me too much depending on the song, but most people who call me are confused if they're not expecting it.

One of my biggest cell phone pet peeves (in addition to the general overuse/social etiquette pet peeve) is the use of ringtones that have words. I like fun ringtones -- my phone has "Soul Bossa Nova" (the Austin Powers theme), the Batman theme, and a few others that I've downloaded -- but I absolutely can't stand when people have a clip of a song that includes the lyrics. I also hate when people use cheap and/or homemade ringtones that are really low quality and/or distorted. Lastly, anyone whose ringtone is a siren, someone obnoxiously shouting "Hey! Answer your damn phone!", or some other random collection of noises, deserves to be shot.

You say that as if random is bad. :depressed

CuckingFunt
04-24-2008, 02:14 PM
You say that as if random is bad. :depressed

Random is fine.

Random noises, at full volume, on an endless loop... not so much.

JoeChalupa
04-24-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm with you....the only thing I know how to do on my phone is make/take calls.

And no special ringtones or crap like that. I just keep it on vibrate in my front pocket to get a cheap thrill every now and then. Call me..:eyebrows

Same here. I have no ring tones other than the ones that came with the phone.

ATRAIN
04-24-2008, 02:21 PM

The one ringtone and caller tune I need to get is "I got something in my front pocket for you". You know the song Butters tap dances too hahahaha. That shit is hilarious.

CuckingFunt
04-24-2008, 02:30 PM
The one ringtone and caller tune I need to get is "I got something in my front pocket for you". You know the song Butters tap dances too hahahaha. That shit is hilarious.

Even though it goes against everything I just said about ringtones, I would totally get Butters' version of "What What in the Butt."

ATRAIN
04-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Even though it goes against everything I just said about ringtones, I would totally get Butters' version of "What What in the Butt."

LOL

RandomGuy
04-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Random is fine.

Random noises, at full volume, on an endless loop... not so much.

Ok, in that case:

Here is a random number between one and a billion:

Timestamp: 2008-04-24 20:10:18 UTC

Courtesy of http://www.random.org/ (no affiliation)

RandomGuy
04-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Same here. I have no ring tones other than the ones that came with the phone.

Me neither. It rings, I answer it. It's simple.

All the rest of the bells and whistles are pointless to me, other than an addressbook and a clock.

Now if they had one that could pay off your student loans...:wow

Das Texan
04-24-2008, 03:21 PM
I have Mr. Tambourine Man as my ring tone.

mrsmaalox
04-24-2008, 03:30 PM
I have a ring tone called "Fairy" that sounds like the wave of a fairy's wand; it's very subtle and people just usually look around and say "Did you hear something?"

Sunshine
04-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Y'all don't want to be around me when my celly rings then!

I have: Sweet Home Alabama, East to West, It's Raining Men, Kung Fu Fighting, Miss Me Baby, Wake up Little Susie, Theme from Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Sherry, Keeper of the Stars, Mario beat, Banana Phone and Theme from The Office.

Shelly
04-24-2008, 04:35 PM
The iPhone has an old school ring tone. We're so used to different types of ring tones that when his cell 1st rang, it took us awhile to realize what it was. We thought it was the a phone ringing on tv.

Borosai
04-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Back in the day, when I had a cell phone, I used the single beep as my ringtone. That's the way to go.

Don Quixote
04-24-2008, 05:35 PM
One of my biggest cell phone pet peeves (in addition to the general overuse/social etiquette pet peeve) is the use of ringtones that have words. I like fun ringtones -- my phone has "Soul Bossa Nova" (the Austin Powers theme), the Batman theme, and a few others that I've downloaded -- but I absolutely can't stand when people have a clip of a song that includes the lyrics. I also hate when people use cheap and/or homemade ringtones that are really low quality and/or distorted. Lastly, anyone whose ringtone is a siren, someone obnoxiously shouting "Hey! Answer your dang phone!", or some other random collection of noises, deserves to be shot.

I'm with you there.

The worst are when people have some obnoxious rap song as their ring tone, and the guy is cussing or saying "ho" or "beyotch" over and over.

2Blonde
04-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I had one of those caller tunes for a short period. Played Wish You Were Here.

Love that song so I made it my ringer instead.

Subtle threadjacks are the bestest.

Well then you guys might want to do a little work on that "subtle" part:cell

ShoogarBear
04-24-2008, 10:00 PM
My ringtone. (http://www.imeem.com/people/ykmJjA/music/VCrg8fGl/john_tesh_nba_on_nbc/)