PDA

View Full Version : Manu - "They hate us" (Translation is needed)

WalterBenitez
04-24-2008, 06:35 AM
Manu Ginóbili
Para LA NACION

SAN ANTONIO.- Estoy en casa, tranquilo, contento, satisfecho y tratando de descansar y rehabilitarme todo lo que pueda porque la serie es dura y aún siento dolores en el aductor y en el tobillo izquierdos. Por eso, en los primeros minutos del 2do partido me fui al pasillo de atrás del aro a calentar pedaleando en un bicicleta fija. Por suerte entre el 1er y 2do juego tuvimos casi dos días y medio de descanso; varios terminamos muy cansados. Ese partido fue terrible. En realidad, lo teníamos perdido y nos recuperamos de milagro, con mucha suerte y sólo ejecutando bien las pelotas clave, pero fue muy áspero y desgastante.

Muchos se preguntan si el triple que acertó Tim (Duncan) era una opción diagramada. La jugada era que yo buscara el triple o una penetración para anotar dos puntos y cortar con falta enseguida. La 2da alternativa fue la que salió, pasarle la pelota al grande que fue a poner el bloqueo. Inclusive, Tim le preguntó a Popovich si tenía que tirar él y Gregg le respondió que sí, aunque me parece que no muy convencido.

En ambos partidos, nuestra mayor virtud fue la transición defensiva. Phoenix es un equipo muy veloz y Nash (Steve) sabe golpearte cuando corre. También fue importante la mejoría en defensa. Claro que, en el 1er playoff, Tim resultó decisivo en las ofensivas -especialmente cuando Tony y yo la estábamos pateando- porque Phoenix no dobló la marca y él pudo jugar uno contra uno.

Anteanoche, además de la transición defensiva, resultó importante el juego de pick and roll para Tony y para mí. Después de nuestra remontada, en el 3er cuarto, ellos se secaron , especialmente Amare Stoudemire, que había metido todo lo que tiró. Los Suns no podían mantener una eficacia del 65%. Nosotros, no jugando muy bien, terminamos a 7 puntos (61 a 54). Eso nos dio confianza para la 2da etapa. En ese 3er cuarto coincidió que Michael (Finley) tuvo un gran arranque, que Nash descansó en el banco y que Amare, que es imposible de doblar en la marca, empezó a errar.

Otra cosa que seguramente tengo que explicarles es lo de las faltas sistemáticas sobre Shaquille O Neal, aprovechando que no es un buen tirador de libres. La verdad, me sorprendió que lo hiciéramos porque nunca había sucedido. Inclusive no dio mucho resultado, pero supongo que pudo tener algún efecto psicológico.

Ahora nos espera un ambiente muy áspero en Phoenix. Tendremos que jugar bastante mejor para traernos algún triunfo. Vamos a chocar con un equipo herido. La gente recuerda las dos o tres veces que los eliminamos y el incidente de la última temporada entre Horry y Nash. En Phoenix están cansados de nosotros, nos odian, como pasaba en San Antonio con los Lakers cuando yo llegué. Están hartos de que los eliminemos. Está claro que no podemos permitirnos perder por 16 puntos en algún pasaje del partido, como ocurrió dos veces acá, porque será muy difícil recuperarse.

Si bien el griterío y los insultos de la gente no nos afectarán, lo que sí producirá es una motivación extra en el local si tiene una seguidilla de aciertos. Aunque allí anoté mi récord de puntos (48), no es un lugar particular, pero sí lo es por la excitación que vivirá el público.

Tenemos que hacer borrón y cuenta nueva, saber que el 2-0 no es nada extraordinario; trabajar bien y mantener la humildad. Ellos no pueden perder este 3er juego y nosotros tenemos que olvidarnos de la ventaja obtenida hasta acá.

WalterBenitez
04-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Free and very spiritual translation :D

"Many asked me if the TIM's 3 was programed (?) play. The play drawn (?) was that I should shot for 3, or pentrate to make a layup, then cut with a foul; the sencond choice was the one that happen, passing the ball to the "big" that blocked, Even TIM asked Popovich if he had to shot, and Gregg answered yes, even he didn't look so convinced" :wow

Dear POP you put the game in hands that never got a 3? :wow man you are a genious.

WalterBenitez
04-24-2008, 06:50 AM
another paragraph (since I am working, right?)

"Another thing surely I have to explain are those systematic faults to Shaeuille O'Neal, taking advantage he is not a good FT's shooter. The thruth, I was surprised, because we never did, even that doesn't work so much, but I guess it was some physologic efect" :eyebrows

It's me or this series looks like a Chess game? :rolleyes

travis2
04-24-2008, 06:51 AM
Tim has made 3-pointers before. He just hadn't made one this season.

DAF86
04-24-2008, 07:58 AM
SAN ANTONIO-I'm in home, relaxed, happy, satisfied and trying to rest and get better because the series is tough and the groin and my left ankle are hurting me. That's why in the first couple of minutes of game 2 i went to warm up in the steady-bike. Luckily between game 1 and 2 we had almost two and a half days to rest, a lot of us ended game 1 very tired. That game was incredible. We were dead but we managed to get back with a little bit of luck and great execution in the important moments. But it was a very exhausting game.

A lot of people ask me if Duncan's three was a designed play. The play was designed for me to shoot a three or attack the rim and then foul inmediately. The 2nd choice was what happened, give the ball to the "screen guy". Tim even asked Pop if he wanted him to take the shot and Gregg answered "yes", though he didn't sound very convincent.

On both games our best virtue was the defensive transition. Phoenix is a very fast team that knows how to get fast.break points.
Our half-court defense was very important also. And in game 1 Tim offense in the first half was huge specially 'cause me and Tony sucked.

Last night, besides the defensive transition, our biggest strength was the PnR game with me and Tony. In the first half we didn't play well but I also've to say that everything was going in for them (they shot 65%) but somehow we managed to end only 7 points behind and that gave us a lot of confidence 'cause we knew that their fg % was going to get worse. Finley was great for us at the begining of the 3rd quarter, add to that, that Nash spent a lot of time in the bench and that Amare started to miss and you've the explanation of what happened in that Qrt.

Another thing that probably needs explanation is the "Hack a Shaq". Truth to be told, I was very surprised that Pop asked to do this because we'd never done this before and it wasn't very effective, but i guess there'd have'd some psychological effect.

Now we'll go to Phoenix, to play under a very hostile environment. To win at least a game there, we'll have to play a lot better 'cause we'll face a wounded team with nothing to lose and a crowd, that because of the last couple of playoffs meetings and the incident between Horry and Nash, hate us. When i got to San Antonio, something similar used to happen in here every time we faced the Lakers.
Getting back to the series, we can't afford to get behind by 16 again 'cause it will be a lot more difficult to get back into the game.

The audience isn't going to bother us but it could help the Suns to get some kind of spark.

We need to forget 'bout the 2-0 advantage and stay humble 'cause if we win this game it's going to be very hard for them to get back.

ancestron
04-24-2008, 08:28 AM
It'll be like game 5 last year. The crowd just booed the shit out of the Spurs every time they touched the ball, and the Spurs still won. Good times.

1Parker1
04-24-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm in home, relaxed, happy, satisfied and trying to rest and get better because the series is tough and the groin and my left ankle are hurting me

Not good :( Hopefully it heals better with the 2 days rest.

boutons_
04-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Playoff games @PHX, Spurs been there, done that, won that.

Like Seattle booing Tim's ankle, Phx fans are given another couple chances to show their ugly classlessness. Chicken Man should give an encore.

One of the Spurs' motivations is not have to go back to Phx for Game6. Finish in 5, or 4! :lol

phyzik
04-24-2008, 09:20 AM
I fully expect to see debris on the court if we win tomorrow.

xtremesteven33
04-24-2008, 09:21 AM
i wonder HOW BAD manu is hurting....we NEED a healthy manu....

Supreme_Being
04-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the translation, DAF86.

Streakyshooter08
04-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the translation. :tu

angel_luv
04-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Have fun storming their arena, Spurs! :)

ancestron
04-24-2008, 10:00 AM
I think Type O-Negative said it best when they said "We don't care what you think. We don't give a fuck."

If anyone were to create a spurs highlight mix to that song they would become my new personal hero.

Cry Havoc
04-24-2008, 10:01 AM
I fully expect to see debris on the court if we win tomorrow.

Depends. If we blow them out, I doubt it. But since that probably won't happen, if we get the benefit of ANY calls in the 4th Quarter, you could be right.

On the other hand, I've seen a lot of the bandwagon Suns fans vanishing. Just *poof* gone. A lot of true Suns fans are facing the reality that -maybe- the Spurs are just a better team. The Suns have 5 games left to prove that, and if they don't, we might see them just giving up instead of getting angry.

BiZNicK
04-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Spurs in 5

Manu for Finals MVP

that's right...

remingtonbo2001
04-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Great timing with the article. I have a Spanish Final in 2 weeks.

DAF86
04-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the translation, DAF86.

Thanks for the translation. :tu

No problem ;)

jmard5
04-24-2008, 11:12 AM
We need to forget 'bout the 2-0 advantage and stay humble 'cause if we win this game it's going to be very hard for them to get back.

:tu

tmtcsc
04-24-2008, 11:32 AM
I could tell Manu was hurting in Game 1. He just didn't look as aggressive and he didn't like. If we were fortunate to win Game 1, it was because we won with a less than 100% Manu. That nagging groin problem is a real concern. No Manu, No repeat. JMIO

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-24-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't speak Spanish, but I always like to give Manu articles my best translation attempt, so here goes:

SAN ANTONIO-Manu Ginobili is home, relaxed, happy, satisfied and trying to rest and get better because the series is tough and my spectacular groin and my amazing left ankle are hurting a bit. An ordinary man would be on the disabled list or hardly playing with such injuries, just look at Grant Hill for example. That's why in the first couple of minutes of game two I went to warm up on the stationary bike...I wanted to show that even with injuries, I'm not only going to play 36 minutes, but I'm going to do that AND ride a bike. "Look at me riding my bike, Grant...you pussy!" Luckily between game 1 and 2 we had almost two and a half days to rest, a lot of players ended game one fairly exhausted....by "a lot" I'm referring to other people, not myself. That game was incredible. We were dead but we managed to get back with a little bit of luck and great execution in the important moments. But it was a very exhausting game...again, for everyone but myself.

A lot of people ask me if Duncan's three was a designed play. The play was designed for Manu Ginobili to shoot a three or Manu Ginobili to attack the rim and then for Manu Ginobili to foul immediately. The 2nd choice was what happened, give the ball to the "screen guy". I haven't learned all my teammates names yet, so I just like to say "screen guy". Tim even asked Pop if he wanted him to take the shot and Gregg answered "yes", though he didn't sound very confident. I believe Pop's exact words were "If you happen to get the outlet, please try to pass it back to Manu Ginobili...please."

In both games we played great transition defense. Phoenix is a very fast team that knows how to get fast-break points. Our half-court defense was very important also. And in game 1 Tim's offense in the first half was huge, especially due to Tony being cold, and Manu Ginobili saving it for when it counted most..."Winning", or should I say "Manu Time".

Last night, besides the defensive transition, our biggest strength was the was when Tony, or Manu Ginobili were pentrating. In the first half we didn't play well but I also have to say that everything was going in for them (they shot 65%) but somehow we managed to end only 7 points behind and that gave us a lot of confidence 'cause we knew that their field goal percentage was going to get worse, and then it would be "Manu Time". Finley was great for us at the begining of the 3rd quarter, add to that, that Nash spent a lot of time in the bench and that Amare started to miss, and you've the explanation of what happened in the third.

Another thing that probably needs explanation is the "Hack a Shaq". Truth to be told, I was very surprised that Pop asked to do this because we'd never done this before if you don't count game one and two other series we played against the Lakers in the past. It wasn't very effective, but I guess Pop just did it so D'Antoni's testicles would shrivel even more than usual and all he'd be able to concentrate on before the 4th quarter was the "Hack a Shaq" and not the fact that his team got owned for the 10 minutes before that happpened. Seems to have worked ok. Manu Ginobili and the Spurs won the game didn't we? Scoreboard.

Now we'll go to Phoenix, to play under a very hostile environment. To win at least a game there, the team, and Manu Ginobili, will have to play a lot better 'cause we'll face a wounded team with nothing to lose and a crowd, that because of the last couple of playoffs meetings and the incident between Horry and Nash, hate us. When I got to San Antonio, something similar used to happen here every time we faced the Lakers, but now we're the big dogs...we are! Suck it other 29 teams in the Association, suck my great big Argentenian gonads! Of course that's a physical impossibility, they are far too large to suck, because I am, Manu Ginobili, therefore that was a joke.

Getting back to the series, we can't afford to get behind by 16 again because it will be a lot more difficult to get back into the game. "Winning Time" even for Manu Ginobili, is tough to do when you're down 16 with under 3 minutes left...at least give Manu Ginobili 4 minutes if down 16 against a great team like Phoenix.

The Phoenix fans are some of the most uninformed in professional sports, so, knowing they're basketball knowledge challenged the crowd isn't going to bother us but it could help the Suns to get some kind of spark.

The team needs to forget about the 2-0 advantage and focus on the humility of Manu Ginobili because when we win this game it's going to be very hard for them to get back.

It's "Manu Time" bitches. Thank you very much for the interview. I really appreciate it. Have a nice day.

Shelly
04-24-2008, 11:58 AM
:lol Chopster, you rule!

"Manu Time...Can't touch this"

TMTTRIO
04-24-2008, 12:05 PM
^that's great :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Ed steps up his game for the playoffs. The great ones alwasy do.

urunobili
04-24-2008, 12:17 PM
props to the chop!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-24-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't speak Spanish, but I always like to give Manu articles my best translation attempt, so here goes:

The 2nd choice was what happened, give the ball to the "screen guy". I haven't learned all my teammates names yet, so I just like to say "screen guy".

:lmao

that Manu!

Southwest Texas Fan
04-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Great Translation. Here's to you Manu:toast

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-24-2008, 02:16 PM
so he's hurting with his groin and ankle not a good sign

MoSpur
04-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Its good to read that stuff.

angel_luv
04-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Manu Ginobili and the Spurs won the game didn't we? Scoreboard.

:lmao

You are so funny, Chopper!

Cherry
04-24-2008, 03:36 PM
:lmao @ Ed translation!

SpursWoman
04-24-2008, 03:57 PM
ROFLMFAO @ EHJ! :lmao :makeout

T Park
04-24-2008, 05:25 PM
His ankle and groin hurt him in game 2 as well.

Hes had 2 days off.

I'm sure he will be fine for game 3.

rAm
04-24-2008, 05:51 PM
hahahaha classic