PDA

View Full Version : All this talk of flopping

The_Worlds_finest
04-24-2008, 10:04 AM
If your guys are going to try and be overly aggressive, guess what our guys are going to get you in foul trouble. Theres nothing wrong with DRAWING the charge, if people want to start bitching about DRAWING a charge they might aswell starting d'antoniing about players DRAWING fouls during shots.

ancestron
04-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Its hard to draw fouls though. I mean what does a foul look like, in and of itself? I see it as kind of an off-orange yellowish brown cylindrical polygon type shape of transparent lightness. Almost what one would imagine a fart to look like, but a little wider, and more colorful. Perhaps it would be better to paint fouls in order to appreciate there completeness in a more totalitarianistic form.

phyzik
04-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Its hard to draw fouls though. I mean what does a foul look like, in and of itself? I see it as kind of an off-orange yellowish brown cylindrical polygon type shape of transparent lightness. Almost what one would imagine a fart to look like, but a little wider, and more colorful. Perhaps it would be better to paint fouls in order to appreciate there completeness in a more totalitarianistic form.

:lmao

remingtonbo2001
04-24-2008, 10:17 AM
I don't think it's the flopping that actually bothers opposing fans. It's the fact that the Spurs play smart basketball. A majority of times, the Spurs will try and draw the foul instead of taking a difficult and improbable shot. Why? It's easier to make two shots from the strip than to attempt a jumper with a hand or two in your face. It's a strategic move.

Solid D
04-24-2008, 10:41 AM
I don't really like flopping that much but there is an element of flopping that can be good. It's a the kind that helps to regulate.

That aspect is when play has become very physical and because of a player's size, an overly forceful or large player can basically do whatever they want to do if the officiating allows it. It then becomes important for a defensive player to accentuate the impact of the contact, to "show" the officials that contact was enough to dislodge the defensive player from his/her position.

It is on plays such as the Kirilenko flop against Houston or the Raja Bell flop to get Kurt Thomas out of the game that are troublesome for the league. If the NBA instituted a rule against it like the NHL does by penalizing the flopper, it could help somewhat but it wouldn't help in situations where the official is truly fooled. The officials are just going to have to be trained to not react to a peripheral vision view of dramatic movement (AK47 was an appropriate nickname - he looked like he had been blown away with an automatic weapon by Scola).

Cry Havoc
04-24-2008, 10:47 AM

Hilarious. :lol

Reggie Miller
04-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Most foul have wings, especially wildfoul. The best way to draw foul is with a call. Not a foul call, but a call for foul. (See Cabela's catalog for more details.)

Solid D
04-24-2008, 10:58 AM

Thank you, Paula.

http://www.billboard.com/billboard/photos/art/a/abdul_paula_01l.gif

Steve_Javie
04-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Don't be hatin on my girl Paula! I'll T you up, son!