PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Michigan lineman transfers to Ohio State

sa_butta
04-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Tressel confirms that Boren will be a Buckeye

Ex-Michigan lineman will play for Ohio State in 2009
Thursday, April 24, 2008 BY JOHN HEUSER
The Ann Arbor News

Former University of Michigan offensive lineman Justin Boren will restart his college career with the Wolverines' biggest rival. Ohio State coach Jim Tressel confirmed to The Columbus Dispatch that Boren will play for the Buckeyes.

Boren, who attended high school in the Columbus suburb of Pickerington, left the Michigan team in March, citing an erosion of "family values'' since Rich Rodriguez replaced Lloyd Carr as coach after last season. Rodriguez firmly disagreed with Boren's comments.

A sophomore in 2007, Boren started every game, including eight at center and five at guard. The 6-foot-3-inch, 308-pound player will sit out the 2008 campaign because of NCAA transfer rules, but will have two years of eligibility remaining to play football. Because Boren transferred from one Big Ten school to another, he will not be able to accept a scholarship at Ohio State.

"It's exciting to be coming back home to central Ohio,'' Boren said in a statement published by The Dispatch. "I am looking forward to the chance to help the Buckeyes continue their excellence in any way I can.''

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/annarbornews/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1209048027185250.xml&coll=2

:flipoff very much.

Marklar MM
04-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Was expected. His brother wasn't going to get a scholarship at Michigan. Many feel Ohio State gave his brother the scholarship just to get J.Boren.

degenerate_gambler
04-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Man, Michigan's o-line is going to greeeeeeeeen next year.

good luck qb..

Thunder Dan
04-24-2008, 02:31 PM
I heard he was sick of losing to division 2 schools

samikeyp
04-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Man, Michigan's o-line is going to greeeeeeeeen next year.

good luck qb..

Their QB is going to be green too.

SanAntonioBuckeye
04-26-2008, 04:09 PM
If you can't beat them; join them!