PDA

View Full Version : The Solution to the cheap ass "Hack-a-Shaq"

Princess Pimp
04-24-2008, 02:01 PM
When Popazit copied this cheap ass tactic from Don Nelson by fouling worthless free throw shooters like Bowen, his credibility as a coach went to the ground.

A solution that the league should look at:

When you get "the hack a whoever player" the team should shoot a free throw by any player and possesion of the ball.

These will eliminate this cheap tactic by loser coaches and players, Shaq is old and slow I don't know why crater face fear him so much!!!

Ronaldo McDonald
04-24-2008, 02:14 PM
If a guy can't shoot, give him a lot of room to shoot the ball. If a defender is skinny and/or small in the post, send a big in there to muscle his way to the basket. If a defender is too slow, get a quick guy to score on him. If a guy is complete shit at shooting freethrows (because he's too fat and lazy to put in the extra time), foul him and let him go to the line. Obviously, the idea is to gain an unfair advantage on the opponent, and that's what your supposed to do in sports if you want to win.

If you don't like it, tough luck.

MajicMan
04-24-2008, 02:15 PM
The solution is Shaw should make his free throws.

phyzik
04-24-2008, 02:15 PM
When Popazit copied this cheap ass tactic from Don Nelson by fouling worthless free throw shooters like Bowen, his credibility as a coach went to the ground.

When you get "the hack a whoever player" the team should shoot a free throw by any player and possesion of the ball.

These will eliminate this cheap tactic by loser coaches and players, Shaq is old and slow I don't know why crater face fear him so much!!!

I think I have an easier solution........

MAKE YOUR SHOTS

Sausage
04-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Stop complaining accept your loss and go back to that shithole you call Phoenix.

ancestron
04-24-2008, 02:17 PM
What the fuck is the big fucking deal with hack-a-shaq. Its called "strategy" or for morons like you, "strategery".
Its like an intentional walk in baseball, or numerous other comparisons one could surmise from other sports where loopholes in the rules can be exploited for the benefit of the offense. Fuck.

sa_butta
04-24-2008, 02:19 PM

You should forward this to Stern right away. And they mentioned this on the TNT broadcast the other day, Im sure everyone who watched the game heard it just fine. And until they change it Shaq should keep practicing the FREE throws.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-24-2008, 02:22 PM
http://www.ehow.com/how_3046_shoot-free-throw.html

http://www.insidehoops.com/gym/freethrows.shtml

http://www.howtodothings.com/sports-and-recreation/a2578-how-to-shoot-free-throws.html

http://www.essortment.com/all/howtoshoota_phj.htm

thispego
04-24-2008, 02:22 PM
free throws are free

FromWayDowntown
04-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Didn't Mike Dunleavy come up with Hack-a-Shaq in 2000? Or was he copying someone else?

sa_butta
free throws are free
Not for Shaq, he just kind of pushes the ball toward the basket and hopes for the best.

koriwhat
loser coaches

last time i checked your coach for phx is the losing coach. popovich on the other hand 4-0!

stop whining you big baby... does your pussy hurt that much?

oh and here's a reminder of what your team phx will never achieve... :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

sa_butta
04-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Didn't Mike Dunleavy come up with Hack-a-Shaq in 2000? Or was he copying someone else?
In the late 1990's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990%27s), however, Don Nelson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Nelson) theorized that if an especially bad free throw shooter were targeted every time, then intentionally fouling him repeatedly might actually yield fewer points per possession for his team than would playing a typical defense against them.
Since Nelson would be employing the strategy even in the absence of any late-game need to stop the clock, he would be free to use it with greater than two minutes left to play. Thus, the off-the-ball foul rule would not apply. So Nelson's innovation was not the creation of the strategy. Rather, his innovation was to take a strategy whose primary purpose had always been simply stopping the clock, and employ that strategy in an entirely different fashion: with a primary purpose of minimizing the opposition's scoring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack-a-Shaq

cornbread
04-24-2008, 02:29 PM

These will eliminate this cheap tactic by loser coaches and players, Shaq is old and slow I don't know why crater face fear him so much!!!:violin

Demo Dick Marcinko
04-24-2008, 02:42 PM
You're priceless, princess!

Cry Havoc
04-24-2008, 02:46 PM

What happened to that "Suns will sweep the crap out of the Spurs" drivel you were spouting?

What happened?

I'm going to keep asking this until you respond.

DDS4
04-24-2008, 02:54 PM
What happened to that "Suns will sweep the crap out of the Spurs" drivel you were spouting?

What happened?

I'm going to keep asking this until you respond.

You're wasting your breath....he's a driveby troll.

He, like many others who've come and gone, never nut up and respond.

Summers
04-24-2008, 03:03 PM
What the fuck is the big fucking deal with hack-a-shaq. Its called "strategy" or for morons like you, "strategery".
Its like an intentional walk in baseball, or numerous other comparisons one could surmise from other sports where loopholes in the rules can be exploited for the benefit of the offense. Fuck.

Agreed. And it's not like Pop or Don Nelson invented intentional fouling.

gwidlon
04-24-2008, 03:03 PM
If a guy can't shoot, give him a lot of room to shoot the ball. If a defender is skinny and/or small in the post, send a big in there to muscle his way to the basket. If a defender is too slow, get a quick guy to score on him. If a guy is complete shit at shooting freethrows (because he's too fat and lazy to put in the extra time), foul him and let him go to the line. Obviously, the idea is to gain an unfair advantage on the opponent, and that's what your supposed to do in sports if you want to win.

If you don't like it, tough luck.

I totally agree with you.
I see no difference between any of these and hack-a-shaq
Is it cheap to foul on purpouse with 15s left if you are loosing by 1 hoping for a miss?

Cry Havoc
04-24-2008, 03:09 PM
You're wasting your breath....he's a driveby troll.

He, like many others who've come and gone, never nut up and respond.

I know. I find it humorous that he wastes so much of his life trolling.

DarrinS
04-24-2008, 03:26 PM
It's only an effective tactic against head coaches that panic and yank the hack-ee.

WalterBenitez
04-24-2008, 04:39 PM

I don't care if its cheap or not, does it work? if so, kick Shaq's balls:blah

Strike
04-24-2008, 04:44 PM
You're priceless, princess!

I think the word you're looking for is worthless

Strike
04-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Popazit
loser coaches
crater face

Is that the best you can do?

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u37/Siniphous/FAIL.gif

JamStone
04-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Solution should be when the Spurs start doing it, Shaq carries Steve Nash down the court and puts him in between him and the Spurs player that's trying to foul him.

peskypesky
04-24-2008, 05:31 PM

poor Shaq. i feel so sorry for him that the mean old Spurs are taking advantage of his free-throw shooting "skills". someone needs to protect him. the league needs to protect him. poor little shaq.

ChumpDumper
04-24-2008, 06:22 PM
My Rockets are losing.

SPARKY
04-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Louis you pathetic bitch. At least you gave up on WebTV.

demosthenes247
04-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Oh, come on. Seriously, how hard is it to make free throws? 15 years in the NBA and Shaq still can't make better than 50% Nothing wrong with exploiting your opponent's weaknesses.

Strike
04-24-2008, 06:32 PM
He's been shooting free throws the same way with the same hands at the same height for how long? :bang

Mix in a little practice time at the line. Or, maybe, change your shot. Or maybe put a little ARCH in your shot and it won't ricochet off the back of the rim like a freaking bullet!

The way I see it is if he has a weakness that we can exploit, EXPLOIT THE HOLY HELL OUT OF IT!!! If he wants to bitch about it, that's his fat ass problem. :cry

That fat piece of shit can sit and spin.

:flag::lobt2:

GSH
04-24-2008, 11:07 PM

I like your idea, but I would take it a step further. I think that every time a player is fouled, he should just be awarded 2 points, without having to shoot any free throws at all. That would really even things up, so that the people who can actually put the little ball through the ring would be no more valuable than the dumb-shits who can't.

After all... why should a player who can shoot be rewarded in the sport of basketball?