PDA

View Full Version : Offcial Utah Jazz vs L.A. Lakers round 2 thread

MajicMan
04-24-2008, 03:34 PM
It's already a given that Houston and Denver are road kill. Who do guys like in this match up and why. Although the Lakers took the season series Utah looks to be playing very good basketball. This one should be a dog fight. I'm thinking 6-7 game series here.

TampaDude
04-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah...Jazz-Lakers is pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point...should be a good series...Lakers in 7.

SpursFan0728
04-24-2008, 05:08 PM
not quite yet

Jazz won two on the road, Lakers won 2 at home...
Lakers series most likely go to 6 games..

but if Lakers and Jazz do play
Jazz in 7

tlongII
04-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Lakers over Jazz in 6. Stern won't let Kobe lose to Utah.

balli
04-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Lakers over Jazz in 6. Stern won't let Kobe lose to Utah.

That shit better not happen, but then again, I do think Stern is scum. Even if all things end up being equal, I'm really, really torn about this series. Utah in seven. Maybe.

I've watched 4 teams in particular over the past 4 years. Utah, ATL, Cleveland and LA. Utah's my squad. ATL is for JJ and the inconsistent Josh Smith highlight reel. Cleveland and LA are all about talent. You never know, you might see something special from Kobe or LeBron. Thus, I've been watching LA for the talent, but against my better instincts I've actually started to like them. I'm not going to enjoy absolutely hating them again.

BUMP
04-24-2008, 06:16 PM
i think Denver will roll over and die, but i dont think it is time to count Houston out yet. they still have no pressure on them and they have surprised me all season as they play as hard as any team out there. Yes, the Jazz are great at home but i think Houston will be ready. They are mentally tough enough to go in there and take two. anyone who wins 22 games in a row can go into any arena and win two in a row

21_Blessings
04-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Lakers in 5

Allanon
04-24-2008, 06:24 PM
The Lakers are just the worst team for Utah to face. Against any other team, Jazz would win or at least survive to 7 games. The Lakers are a bad match because they have a very strong Center + Power Forward combo...very few NBA teams have this combo.

Against the Lakers, they have too many mismatch problems.
1) Utah has nobody to guard Kobe, AK47 is not the old AK47, Harpring is not quick enough, Brewer is too rookie. Look at the damage T-Mac is doing...if only he had more help.
2) Utah can't guard Pau because Okur is no defender, Boozer has to stay with Odom.
3) Utah can't punish the Lakers in the paint
4) Utah fans booed Fisher

Lakers in 5 or Less.

Lakers_55
04-24-2008, 06:29 PM
It may be forgone this event happens, but I am not even thinking of it yet. Utah fields pretty much the same team as last year, but they got better. Lakers upgraded their unit. We won two at home this year, and split in Utah. The last win was after Gasol went down with a sprained ankle. However, throw the regular season out. This will be a series of who wants it most. Theoretically, either team (and a few others at this point in the west) could be the next NBA champion.

I'll toss this in since the topic kinda came up. The question is, does the NBA want a Celtic vs. Laker finals? For ratings, yes. Does this mean the refs steer the results even subconciously?

Theoretically, for big city markets, Boston versus anyone should please the NBA. Detroit would against LA, not certain about most of the others....

Which brings me to the point. Anyone notice that commercial playing over and over again featuring only the Celtics?:

Dramatic Music....
Celtic players only.....(Where's Timmy, Kobe, Steve, Dirk, or LeBron?)
Motto: "Two choices, Be History, or Make History."....

surely you have seen it....

This commercial should piss of any opponent of Boston's this year. Also, the NBA should be ashamed of itself for airing biased videos as these. It probably will jinx the Celtics, and Stern!

Back to Lakers vs. Jazz. As long as it's a great series, I will be happy. I love watching all these games! If I have to pick a winner, I guess I'll stick with #24 and crew.

armand0
04-24-2008, 06:42 PM
The Lakers are just the worst team for Utah to face. Against any other team, Jazz would win or at least survive to 7 games. The Lakers are a bad match because they have a very strong Center + Power Forward combo...very few NBA teams have this combo.

Against the Lakers, they have too many mismatch problems.
1) Utah has nobody to guard Kobe, AK47 is not the old AK47, Harpring is not quick enough, Brewer is too rookie. Look at the damage T-Mac is doing...if only he had more help.
2) Utah can't guard Pau because Okur is no defender, Boozer has to stay with Odom.
3) Utah can't punish the Lakers in the paint
4) Utah fans booed Fisher

Lakers in 5 or Less.

the damage T-mac doing is just a scratch, he is making 21.5 ppg with 37% from the field, utah defense is actually doing a decent job on him forcing to jump shots and closing the paint for him and ak47 we know is coming back

boozer-odom matchup will be the key i think

okur can do great job against gasol, gasol is the type of player okur defends well, on the contrary gasol cant guard okur behind the arc, if he matchups with boozer, boozer is too strong for him

none of the lakers guards can defend d-will, he is too strong and talented for them

i say jazz in 6 but who knows ..

balli
04-24-2008, 06:55 PM
boozer-odom matchup will be the key i think

okur can do great job against gasol, gasol is the type of player okur defends well, on the contrary gasol cant guard okur behind the arc, if he matchups with boozer, boozer is too strong for him

I agree, Boozer/Odom will be important. On one hand I hope they get scared of our size and play Turiaf with Pau a lot so we can put AK on Odom as much as possible. On the other hand, Turiaf absolutely punked us on the defensive end in the last regular season game.

Okur is a solid defender in the post, luckily. It helps him too that they run the triangle. Okur really sucks at covering screen rolls. It's nice that there won't be many of them.

Bob Lanier
04-24-2008, 07:05 PM
2) Utah can't guard Pau because Okur is no defender
You're saying this after the job he did on Yao and Duncan last year?

Allanon
04-24-2008, 07:09 PM
You're saying this after the job he did on Yao and Duncan last year?

Yao and Duncan are great players but they lack the agility and speed of Pau. Pau's a post player that moves and runs like a small forward. Okur is a thick dude so he can take the pounding of a Yao and a Duncan but he's not quick.

Okur is good against big men, but not skinny big men.

BiZNicK
04-24-2008, 07:56 PM
this will be a tough series for the Lakers...better watch out

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-24-2008, 09:42 PM
The refs probably wouldn't have to work too hard to give Kobe 30 FT's a night. Utah fouls a lot. They basically play playoff style basketball for 82 games.

It has all the makings of a great series. For starters neither team really has any answer for the other's top guard either out on the perimeter or in terms of a big man to clog the paint. Down low, I think the matchups favor Utah. In the playoffs I'll take power over finesse any day of the week. Utah is gonna be knocking Gasol silly left and right.

Ironically enough I think that the big X-factor in this is the Odom vs. Kirilenko matchup. People love to talk about how important it is for role players step up in the playoffs, but this one might be decided by who shrinks the least.

Elraptor
04-24-2008, 10:36 PM
As far as im concerned, the Rockets are winning game 3 with the jazz right now, it isn't official until it's official. Rockets can make a run :D

T Park
04-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Lakers in 7.

A very tough, knock down drag out series.

DazedAndConfused
04-25-2008, 12:18 AM
If this Yao-less Rocket team can hang with the Jazz the Lakers should handle them easily.

7 games??? Lay off the crack pipe.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Jazz in Six Fuck LA!:toast

Troll_Dynasty
04-25-2008, 01:29 AM
LA in 6.

i mean....

premature ejaculation forum!

Indazone
04-25-2008, 01:31 AM
More like the impotent thread cause ya never got it going in the first place. Funny if the Jazz somehow lost the next game and Rockets tie the series 2-2.

Allanon
04-25-2008, 01:38 AM
More like the impotent thread cause ya never got it going in the first place. Funny if the Jazz somehow lost the next game and Rockets tie the series 2-2.

It would be awesome if the Rockets could tie it 2-2 to ensure a 7 game series.

atxrocker
04-25-2008, 02:12 AM
I really wish Houston was advancing, but it just isn't going to happen (unfortunately) as for the Lakers/Utah series.... I will go with Lakers in 6.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-25-2008, 02:31 AM
Rockets will win the next 3 and the Nuggets will win the next 4, then the threadmaker will have to change the title to Rockets vs Nuggets - Round 2 :smokin

are you with me Rockets fans? :clap Everyone else can buzz off :drunk

MajicMan
04-25-2008, 03:06 AM

Not as impotent as the Rockets. So big deal if you won one game. Win the next one or two games and come back and talk to me otherwise you guys are already done.

mystargtr34
04-25-2008, 03:49 AM
I like the Lakers in 6-7 in a very tough series.

The Williams vs Fisher match up will almost be as big an advantage for LA as the Kobe Brewer match up... the Lakers will really struggle there. I think we will see a fair bit of AK 47 on Kobe and Brewer might go to Radmanovic... either Odom/Gasol to cover Boozer on the P&R and one of the two out to the 3 point line for Okur will be interesting to see

A lot of interesting match ups.,.. i cant wait.

AI-square
04-25-2008, 06:03 AM
Yeah we shouldn't count the Rockets out yet. To win at Salt Lake after two home losses speaks volumes about this team.

MajicMan
04-27-2008, 12:32 AM
bump

21_Blessings
04-27-2008, 12:34 AM
I like the Lakers in 6-7 in a very tough series.

The Williams vs Fisher match up will almost be as big an advantage for LA as the Kobe Brewer match up... the Lakers will really struggle there. I think we will see a fair bit of AK 47 on Kobe and Brewer might go to Radmanovic... either Odom/Gasol to cover Boozer on the P&R and one of the two out to the 3 point line for Okur will be interesting to see

A lot of interesting match ups.,.. i cant wait.

Kobe has guarded Deron during crunch time before and has done a good job. Utah has absolutely no one who can guard Kobe though.

Ariza might be back for this series as well. Another guy you can throw at Deron.

Lakers in 5. Utah doesn't have a prayer. Okur/Boozer will get thrashed by Odom/Gasol.

Tradition
04-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Kobe has guarded Deron during crunch time before and has done a good job. Utah has absolutely no one who can guard Kobe though.

Ariza might be back for this series as well. Another guy you can throw at Deron.

Lakers in 5. Utah doesn't have a prayer. Okur/Boozer will get thrashed by Odom/Gasol.

Oh and expect those fucktards to throw shit on the court especially at Fisher when things go out of control after we beat them in that so called "unbeatable" stadium

Allanon
04-27-2008, 12:43 AM
Rockets had a much better chance at beating the Lakers than the Jazz do. The Jazz matchup extremely poor with the Lakers because the Lakers can guard all the Utah guys but the Jazz can't guard Pau and can't guard Kobe.

1) No way Utah wins any at Staples
2) Nobody's stopping Kobe, double teams will lead to big games by Pau and Lamar

Lakers in 4 maybe 5 games...another yawner series.

spurscenter
04-27-2008, 12:45 AM
who is tougher for Lakers , houston or utah?

Allanon
04-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Houston

They can stop Kobe (Battier)
They can bother Pau (Dikembe)
They can outhustle Odom (Scola)
They have better 3 point shooters
They have more athleticism
They have more hustle

Lakers would probably still win but it would be 6-7 games.

Xylus
04-27-2008, 03:09 AM
Houston just beat Utah on their home floor, and then almost beat them again in Salt Lake. Personally, I'm not convinced the Rockets are done... They've played the Jazz closely in this series, and a dominant win in Game 5 (in Houston) could give them a mental edge for the remaining games. 3-1 isn't impossible to overcome.

SRJ
04-27-2008, 03:31 AM
For those predicting an easy series win for LA...

Three teams are playing defense in the top half of the West draw: LA, Utah, and Houston.

When LA plays against a team that can defend, they will find that it's quite a different ball game than playing against the Denver layup line.

If you think LA-Utah is going four or five, you're high.

Allanon
04-27-2008, 03:47 AM
For those predicting an easy series win for LA...

Three teams are playing defense in the top half of the West draw: LA, Utah, and Houston.

When LA plays against a team that can defend, they will find that it's quite a different ball game than playing against the Denver layup line.

If you think LA-Utah is going four or five, you're high.

Somebody also said Denver was very likely to push the Lakers to 6 or 7. So much for that. Utah's a great defensive team...just not against the Lakers, they have their defense in the wrong places.

The_Game
04-27-2008, 05:17 AM
Lakers will win in 5 games

Utah do match-uo really bad with the Lakers.....they just don't have the pieces to beat the lakers.

21_Blessings
04-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Lakers will win in 5 games

Utah do match-uo really bad with the Lakers.....they just don't have the pieces to beat the lakers.

An intelligent post by a Spurs fan...how rare.

SAGambler
04-27-2008, 10:10 AM
i think Denver will roll over and die, but i dont think it is time to count Houston out yet. they still have no pressure on them and they have surprised me all season as they play as hard as any team out there. Yes, the Jazz are great at home but i think Houston will be ready. They are mentally tough enough to go in there and take two. anyone who wins 22 games in a row can go into any arena and win two in a row

I'm with you. I wouldn't just count Houston out of this yet. Even without Yao, Jazz doesn't have much in the Big Man department, so Yao being out of this series isn't that big a deal to them.

Now they have Alston back. Jazz won while he was out. But can they do it now that he is back?

SAGambler
04-27-2008, 10:13 AM
who is tougher for Lakers , houston or utah?

I would say either one is tough. Houston has the ability beat them with some good defenders. Utah is just physical, and especially at home they just beat up guys and get away with it.

td4mvp21
04-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Not having Bynum will suck for the Lakers against the Jazz. The Jazz are going to get physical so the Lakers will have to be ready for that. If the Jazz can win one in L.A., I think it will be a long series. Lakers in 7.

Elraptor
04-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Quit making threads before it's official. I'd laugh if this came out false. :lol

MajicMan
04-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Quit making threads before it's official. I'd laugh if this came out false. :lol

It's not official? Unless a miracle happens it's official. I can guarantee at least the Lakers will be there in the next round. If Houston can pull a rabbit out of their hat more power to them. Either or is fine with me. I'm almost thinking about making an official Lakers/Spurs headed for a collision course thread :hat

Allanon
04-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Lakers/Jazz is not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN

Elraptor
04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
It's not official? Unless a miracle happens it's official. I can guarantee at least the Lakers will be there in the next round. If Houston can pull a rabbit out of their hat more power to them. Either or is fine with me. I'm almost thinking about making an official Lakers/Spurs headed for a collision course thread :hatYou made this thread 3 days ago. Not today. :hat

Spurs/Lakers is the thread to make not Jazz/Lakers :toast :lol

Allanon
04-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Take your time Utah, Lakers will wait 'til you're done.

Avitus1
04-29-2008, 02:06 AM
The Jazz squad has been in the Playoffs together before. They may not be that strong of a road team but winning in Utah has been almost impossible this year. I'm sure they will be more then ready for the Lakers and will push them to the limit. This series could go either way but I am thinking Utah might shock the league.

21_Blessings
04-29-2008, 02:32 AM
The Jazz squad has been in the Playoffs together before. So have the Lakers. And Kobe/Phil/Fisher have won 3 championships together.

They may not be that strong of a road team but winning in Utah has been almost impossible this year.

Except the Lakers STOMPED the Jazz at home without Gasol and Bynum.

I'm sure they will be more then ready for the Lakers and will push them to the limit. This series could go either way but I am thinking Utah might shock the league.

Wishful thinking from a fearful Spurs fan.

armand0
04-29-2008, 04:04 AM
:lol for ppl thinking that jazz will be an easy pass for lakers :lmao

DaDakota
04-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Utah is barely beating a Houston team that is missing it's best player....no way they even come close to hanging with the Lakers.

It is either a sweep or Lakers in 5.

DD

ForeignFan
04-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Lakers in 6. Book it :smokin

spurscenter
04-29-2008, 09:27 AM
i think UTAH is tougher vs. Lakers, houston will crumble.

Girasuck
04-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Except the Lakers STOMPED the Jazz at home without Gasol and Bynum.

STOMPED? We outplayed you guys for 3 quarters. We had a bad first quarter. A normal start for us and we win that game.

21_Blessings
04-29-2008, 09:54 AM
We outplayed you guys for 3 quarters.

They LOST. Stomped in their home building when the Lakers didn't even have their best shotblocker/anchor, second option and 2nd best perimeter defender.

Lakers cruise in 5. Maybe even 4 depending on if AK starts crying when Kobe obliterates him.

BiZNicK
04-29-2008, 09:59 AM
You would think by now that Regular season games don't measure how you will perform in the playoffs.

Perfect example: Spurs 1-3 vs Suns in regular season.......but 3-1 in playoffs.

Don't count out the Jazz, they're pretty good.

Girasuck
04-29-2008, 10:00 AM
They LOST. Stomped in their home building when the Lakers didn't even have their best shotblocker/anchor, second option and 2nd best perimeter defender.

Lakers cruise in 5. Maybe even 4 depending on if AK starts crying when Kobe obliterates him.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I had no clue we lost that game. There's a big difference between getting STOMPED and losing a game. We lost but it wasn't a stomping. A STOMPING would be when we beat you guys by 26 without Boozer and Okur.

21_Blessings
04-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I had no clue we lost that game. There's a big difference between getting STOMPED and losing a game. We lost but it wasn't a stomping. A STOMPING would be when we beat you guys by 26 without Boozer and Okur.

Keep harping on a November game before the Gasol trade even happened. :lol

You were stomped at HOME by a superior Lakers team that wasn't even close to full strength. Pathetic.

Girasuck
04-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Keep harping on a November game before the Gasol trade even happened. :lol

You were stomped at HOME by a superior Lakers team that wasn't even close to full strength. Pathetic.

Why can't I use that game as an example but you can use the so-called STOMPING as one? Gasol wasn't playing in either game.

You keep using the excuse that you were without Bynum and Gasol when you guys STOMPED us but I'm not allowed to use the game when Boozer and Okur were missing. Why is that?

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2008, 10:13 AM
The Jazz??? We matchup extremely well to them, I'd be surprised if the series goes longer than 5-6.

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Why can't I use that game as an example but you can use the so-called STOMPING as one? Gasol wasn't playing in either game.

You keep using the excuse that you were without Bynum and Gasol when you guys STOMPED us but I'm not allowed to use the game when Boozer and Okur were missing. Why is that?

What makes you so confident the Jazz can beat the Lakers without HCA? You're struggling right now to put away a depleted, injury-riddled, HOU team that everyone else wanted to face in the 1st round. Try getting out of the 1st round before you talk shit, HOU is gonna beat your ass tonight. Book it.

21_Blessings
04-29-2008, 10:32 AM

You're talking about a freaking November game.

Jazz were STOMPED, at HOME, by double digits (Jazz padded the score in garbage time) by Lakers a team that wasn't even close to full strength towards the end of the season. Hell of alot more relevant than a stupid game that took place in November.

Even if the Lakers didn't have Gasol for this series they would still drop the pathetic Jazz. Booing Fish was the dumbest thing you retarded fans could have done. Kobe is pissed and there isn't soul in Utah that is going to stop him from thrashing Utah the entire series.

DaDakota
04-29-2008, 10:56 AM
You mean the Jazz team that won the weakest conference in the West? Those Jazz? The ones that would finish 4th in the Spurs/Rockets/Hornets division?

The Jazz are a decent team, but not a threat to win anything........once they meet a team that has an attacking player like Kobe that can hit free throws they will wilt faster than a 2 week old rose.

DD

Girasuck
04-29-2008, 02:31 PM
My god you guys are pathetic. I come in here to talk about this idiots post about the Lakers STOPMING us in a regular season game that they won by 11. A game that we outscored the Lakers in 3 of the 4 quarters. I hardly call that a stomping. Instead I get idiots who throw words in my mouth saying I think the Jazz will win the series. I'm clueless as to where they read this from me.

Laker fan is an arrogant, cocky asshole and there's really no way else of putting it. I enjoy reading DD's comments because he comes off as an intellegent basketball fan (lately though he's turning into a TMac whiner like most Rockets fans) but overall he's a great fan to discuss basketball. You can't do this with Laker fan. Laker fan has no sense of basketball knowledge and when you try to discuss it with them, they turn it into an insult fest. Not worth my time at all to carry on any type of basketball discussion with any of them.

And for the record I don't think we'll win the series but it sure as hell won't be a goddamn sweep.

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2008, 03:20 PM
My god you guys are pathetic. I come in here to talk about this idiots post about the Lakers STOPMING us in a regular season game that they won by 11. A game that we outscored the Lakers in 3 of the 4 quarters. I hardly call that a stomping. Instead I get idiots who throw words in my mouth saying I think the Jazz will win the series. I'm clueless as to where they read this from me.

Laker fan is an arrogant, cocky asshole and there's really no way else of putting it. I enjoy reading DD's comments because he comes off as an intellegent basketball fan (lately though he's turning into a TMac whiner like most Rockets fans) but overall he's a great fan to discuss basketball. You can't do this with Laker fan. Laker fan has no sense of basketball knowledge and when you try to discuss it with them, they turn it into an insult fest. Not worth my time at all to carry on any type of basketball discussion with any of them.

And for the record I don't think we'll win the series but it sure as hell won't be a goddamn sweep.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Purple & Gold
04-29-2008, 03:53 PM
:sleep:sleep This will be another easy series for the Lakeshow.

Lakers in 5 at most.

21_Blessings
04-29-2008, 04:58 PM

You sound like a whiny fucking little mormon girl. Shut the fuck up and accept the reality that your favorite team was stomped at HOME by an injury riddled Laker team that is going to completely destroy the Jazz in the playoffs.

Cry more.

Girasuck
04-29-2008, 05:05 PM
You sound like a whiny fucking little mormon girl. Shut the fuck up and accept the reality that your favorite team was stomped at HOME by an injury riddled Laker team that is going to completely destroy the Jazz in the playoffs.

Cry more.

lol...pretty much sums up what I said earlier.

Overconfident Laker fan thinks sweeping the pathetic Nuggets will be the same outcome against Utah.

21_Blessings
04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Overconfident Laker fan thinks sweeping the pathetic Nuggets will be the same outcome against Utah.

The Thugs could have taken the Lakers to seven games and the Lakers would still annihilate the pathetic Jazz and their bitch ass fans in 4 or 5 games.

The Lakers have been the best team in the West for awhile now.

Purple & Gold
04-29-2008, 05:47 PM
lol...pretty much sums up what I said earlier.

:sleep:sleep Let me know once your team has an answer for Kobe on the defensive end.

Indazone
04-29-2008, 10:56 PM
It ain't over. Rockets totally destroyed the Jazz tonight. I think Adleman has figured out the Jazz. If the Rockets win in Utah then the series is tied with the Rockets with the home court advantage.

Go Rockets!

DazedAndConfused
04-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Rockets, Jazz.........it doesn't matter. Lakers are better than both teams and their HCA will seal the deal.

The only team left that can legitimately give LAL a run for its money is SAS. And I don't really know if they can beat NOH, who will have HCA over them.

21_Blessings
04-30-2008, 12:46 AM
Utah looks terrible

Roxsfan
04-30-2008, 12:48 AM
Rockets, Jazz.........it doesn't matter. Lakers are better than both teams and their HCA will seal the deal.

The only team left that can legitimately give LAL a run for its money is SAS. And I don't really know if they can beat NOH, who will have HCA over them.

Get your licks in now because once Mr. 22 and 10 comes back next year......the rox>lakers.

21_Blessings
04-30-2008, 01:02 AM
Get your licks in now because once Mr. 22 and 10 comes back next year......the rox>lakers.

Keep living in those delusions.

robbie380
04-30-2008, 01:55 AM

keep living your delusions that gasol and bynum will do shit against duncan.

DazedAndConfused
04-30-2008, 02:04 AM
keep living your delusions that gasol and bynum will do shit against duncan.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Rocket fan you are one funny guy.

Indazone
04-30-2008, 01:44 PM
We are gonna beatdown the Jazz in their own house! Book it!

Flopper
04-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Screw the Rockettes and the Kobes better enjoy their little spotlight before the Jazz takes over! SCREW YOU STERN! Jazz will win even if its 8 against 5!

DaDakota
04-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Screw the Rockettes and the Kobes better enjoy their little spotlight before the Jazz takes over! SCREW YOU STERN! Jazz will win even if its 8 against 5!

It has been all series until last night.

:D

DD

Roxsfan
04-30-2008, 09:20 PM

shut up bitch.

Roxsfan
04-30-2008, 09:22 PM

If you had Yao you still couldnt beat the Lakers. The Rockets will never go anywhere with TMAC as its leader. He is no different than Dirk, Nash and Carmella
:nope

Seriously, you guys have a nice team....props. But I will bump this thread next year EACH and every time the rox beat the lakers.

pauls931
04-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Utah and Houston fans, neither of you have a chance against the lakers. Stearn will suspend half your team if necessary.

Roxsfan
04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Utah and Houston fans, neither of you have a chance against the lakers. Stearn will suspend half your team if necessary.

I know fat boy stern wants LA vs Celtics........

I'm talking about next year when the most dominant center in the league comes back to the rox, Mr drop 35 and 12 on your ass any given night--Ming with an average of 22/10.

Flopper
05-02-2008, 05:21 PM
bump...

Allanon
05-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Still waiting, stop screwing around.

Mavs<Spurs
05-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Lakers in 7.

A very tough, knock down drag out series.

I agree with T Park!

this Utah team isn't a joke.

A great point guard in Deron Williams and Boozer is a beast.
Nobody can stop Kobe (this is Kobe Bryant we're talking about), you can simply attempt to limit the damage he does.

This Laker team is loaded with talent. Lots of great players.

Where to begin?

Kobe
Pau
Odom
Farmar
Vujacic?
Fisher
Turiaf
Walton

Best passing team in the league.

Odom is difficult because of his size and ball handling ability

Pau and Odom are great at passing.

And Kobe is a killer in the fourth quarter. One of the best fourth quarter players to ever play basketball.

He can always elevate and rise up and shoot over anybody.
Can use both hands. Is a willing passer. Finish strong at the rim.

Doing a great job leading his team.

This is a fantastic team.

It will be a good series.

I hope that the Jazz make them earn it and weaken them up for us.

Mavs<Spurs
05-02-2008, 09:53 PM
I know fat boy stern wants LA vs Celtics........

I'm talking about next year when the most dominant center in the league comes back to the rox, Mr drop 35 and 12 on your ass any given night--Ming with an average of 22/10.

First, Boston has to win the series against Atlanta.

Boston managed to turn this into the best series since Dallas Golden State.

Good job Celtics.

Allanon
05-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Utah is still screwin' around in Game 6. Keep it up and you're gonna miss a date with the Lakers.

If they can't even put away the Rockets in 6 games, how are they going to beat the Lakers?

MajicMan
05-03-2008, 12:16 AM
thread made 04-24-2008, 01:34 PM

:hat

Allanon
05-03-2008, 12:16 AM
It's official, the Jazz will be visiting the City of Angels to fight out the 2nd round.

Bring it on and good luck to both teams.

bobbyjoe
05-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Lakers in 5. But it won't be that close. Expect 2-3 big blowouts by LA.

Boozer is playing like crap. TMac just obliterated Utah most of this series and Kobe is both better and healthier than TMac. Guys like Brewer, AK47, Harpring are just too slow footed to stay with Kobe. Kobe will wreak havoc and the Jazz bigs will have to help leaving easy scoring opportunities for Gasol and Odom, who will convert at a much higher clip than Houston's sorry frontcourt of Hayes, Mutombo, and Luis Scola.

Odom's D will be huge on Boozer. Gasol's lenghth will be an asset as well. Lakers are too quick and talented for a slow Jazz team which isn't really playing great basketball right now...

Roxsfan
05-03-2008, 02:01 AM
go lakers

TheMACHINE
05-03-2008, 02:05 AM
go lakers

:king

21_Blessings
05-03-2008, 05:17 AM

Seriously, you guys have a nice team....props. But I will bump this thread next year EACH and every time the rox beat the lakers.

Yes, the world will care about your meaningless regular season victories.

:toast

21_Blessings
05-03-2008, 05:32 AM
Odom's D will be huge on Boozer. ...

Odom won't be guarding Booz. He'll be on Okur like he always is

LakeShow
05-03-2008, 09:14 AM
It's about Fucking time. Let's do this!

21_Blessings
05-08-2008, 05:26 AM
lookin like another sweep

Nahtanoj
05-08-2008, 06:46 AM
lol after all that smack

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 05:13 PM
:sleep:sleep Wake me up when the next round starts.

Purple & Gold
05-08-2008, 06:30 PM
What happened to Girasuck?? :oops :oops