PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Smith and TNT crew make fun of Kobe car jump commercial

phyzik
04-24-2008, 03:57 PM
This was pretty hillarious :lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOh3NRBC_yI&eurl=http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2426188

yOh3NRBC_yI

Manu's Bald Spot
04-24-2008, 04:25 PM
I saw this last night, friggin hilarious, even though i still don't think Kobe's stunt was real

Sigz
04-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Those guys are so funny together!

koriwhat
04-24-2008, 04:30 PM
posted already in basketball forum.

phyzik
04-24-2008, 04:32 PM
there is no possible way its real.... First, Im sure there is all kinds of crap prohibiting him from doing dangerous stuff... remember when whats-his-name hurt himself by just skiing?

Secondly, Every player is required to have a huge insurance plan on them, If the insurance company caught wind of something like this being real, they would drop his ass quick.

brettn
04-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Kobe all but admitted in a PTI interview that it was fake. His words were something like "if hollywood can make it so rocky is beating guys that are 30 years younger than him than they can certainly make it so I can jump over a car." and like phyzik says im sure he has some kind of contractual obligation in his contract that prohibits him from doing stuff like this.

On that note, the kenny smith stunt was absolutely hilarious. Haven't laughed that hard in ahwhile. :lol

T Park
04-24-2008, 04:47 PM
My sides literally hurt from that last night.

TNT is absolutely fantastic, from the calling of the game, right down to the studio.

First class all the way.

I wish ESPN would absorb that whole operation and run it as is, but with ESPN, so it could be seen by more people.

brettn
04-24-2008, 04:53 PM

TNT is absolutely fantastic, from the calling of the game, right down to the studio.

First class all the way.

I wish ESPN would absorb that whole operation and run it as is, but with ESPN, so it could be seen by more people.

100% agree.

That whole crew has so much chemistry and it certainly helps that charles and kenny have loads of credible playoff experience between them, so you know that they're speaking from experience, unlike someone like steven A.

They also manage to perfectly mix the comedy with the analysis. Just fantastic it is.

RandomGuy
04-24-2008, 04:55 PM
That bit needs to be pinned...

beachwood
04-24-2008, 05:05 PM
That was one of the best TNT skits ever. Hilarious.

timvp
04-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Yeah that was gold.

sprrs
04-24-2008, 05:30 PM
:lol I'm buying a pair pf Kenny's

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Kenny's spoof was hilarious.

If you watch Kobe's spot, the car coming by is real, but it comes by besides him. He jumps up and down and that's timed right, but the car doesn't even drive through the same spot as he's jumping from.

lurker
04-24-2008, 05:52 PM
It was funny, but I like the million youtube spoofs where people had Kobe getting hit by the car better.

Allanon
04-24-2008, 05:55 PM

First class all the way.

Agreed.

The great thing about them is:
1) Ernie's the goofy white guy they can bag on but he's also the boss at the same time since he keeps the show on Track.

Then you have 2 analysts who have been to the top but are also flawed so they can't be arrogant.

1) Kenny's won championships so he can give his views with authority, but at the same time, he was like the 3rd/4th option in those championships. But he can drop names like Hakeem, Cassell without looking like a poser.

2) The Chuckster is a Hall of Famer but he's deeply flawed because of his lack of championships. So everytime he starts knowing everything, Kenny brings out his ring and slaps him with it.

Then you have the comedic aspect of two skinny guys and one jovial fat guy...that's always good for laughs.

The TNT show is the only half-time show I've actually looked forward to watching.

Avitus1
04-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Funny as hell but Chuck was right they played it to much.

Pablo Escobar
04-24-2008, 09:30 PM
that shit was fucking funny

missmyzte
04-24-2008, 09:37 PM
The TNT show is the only half-time show I've actually looked forward to watching.
Same here, I've turned on games I had no interest in watching just to catch the half time and post-game show.

I don't want ESPN to get anywhere near this show, they would destroy it. Keep it just the way it is.

ShoogarBear
04-24-2008, 09:50 PM
I missed this completely last night and nearly died laughing after seeing it for the first time here.

Of course, it loses some of the luster when you find out that people have already done this on youtube using the original commerical with Kobe.

Leaving Kenny's shoe in was a nice touch, though.

Elraptor
04-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Yea there so funny.

Shaolin-Style
04-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah I was completely uninterested in both games tonight but I'm watching it for the TNT stuff. The car jump thing made everyone forget about the prom night stuff already it seems like, but that was classic too.

Hopefully they set the bar even higher tonight

dbreiden83080
04-24-2008, 10:20 PM
The way Kenny SMith played it was hilarious too. He is like

"The Kenny Smith's Boy" pats his leg all confident and then gets run down, classic stuff right there.

GrandeDavid
04-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Classic!!!!