PDA

View Full Version : Malik Rose bashers step up

Rummpd
01-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Mr. Doghouse.

When in - Spurs went on run sparked by his rebounds, especially OR and at least one steal led to several easy baskets by a hot Parker.

Out - lead went away.

Tonight he stepped up on a night when except for Parker and Manu (FTs clutch down the wire and key OR at end) few else did.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-19-2005, 11:14 PM
I beg to differ on the "others." Both Barry and Rasho played solid, it was #8 who shut down Kaman down the stretch the last two minutes.

Sense
01-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Mr. Doghouse.

When in - Spurs went on run sparked by his rebounds, especially OR and at least one steal led to several easy baskets by a hot Parker.

Out - lead went away.

Tonight he stepped up on a night when except for Parker and Manu (FTs clutch down the wire and key OR at end) few else did.

Parker was the difference, Malik scores the ONLY thing he does, did Turnovers, TRIED layups, how is it hard to get a steal in your face?

And what else is there to do when you're under the basket?

SequSpur
01-19-2005, 11:17 PM
When in, Kaman was killing the Spurs.

When out, Rasho helped control Kaman..........

Just a little.

Malik blows.

Tek_XX
01-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Tonight was not the night to attack Malik bashers. Yeah he made a jumper but to say he is the reason we won, gimme a freakin break.

Rummpd
01-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Parker definite MVP tonight granted and Rasho (despite foul trouble) and Barry did fine too.

Not saying reason won, but he helped the Spurs get lead.

Why Pop keeps going to Massenburg over Rose beyond me. Rose this year when in has overall played pretty well.

Watch Rose take off again if Horry injured.

Sense
01-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Rose has been doing well this year?

I've been following his play all season...that's why I'm a basher.

God, pay attention to his play, because I'm POSITIVE you arent.

FFs.

Rummpd
01-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Sense:

Look at early in year when Rose given substantial minutes - look at his stats and how the team was playing. Suddenly Pops shifts almost all minutes to Horry (who had granted several very motivated and energetic games but has regressed lately.) Tonight perfect example, in games when Spurs getting killed on boards, Rose brings something other Spurs (especially Horry = Mr. Soft on boards most of time) do not = hustle and boards.

Not a perfect player but he is better than Massenburg period.

Mark in Austin
01-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Look at early in year when Rose given substantial minutes - look at his stats and how the team was playing.

All that proves is that when he was PLAYING WELL, he stayed on the court and the Spurs flourished. (Which is why it is so important for Malik to play his role - when he does, we're really hard to beat.)

He doesn't get yanked because he's playing well, he gets yanked (or never sees the floor) when he plays or practices with his head up his ass.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Why Pop keeps going to Massenburg over Rose beyond me. Rose this year when in has overall played pretty well.

Because one guy is 6'5", the other guy is 6"10", which means a whole lot in the post. That, and like the rest of us Pop is probably tired of Malik trying to drive/dunk on guys like Elton Brand, Amare, etc. and getting his shit thrown.

T Park
01-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah good old CBA Massenburg watching the ball dribble in front of him as a clipper picks up the ball in front of him, and fouls him.

Malik Rose played well in the minutes given, Massenburg is a fucking joke.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Malik Rose played well in the minutes given

Nothing says playing well like trying to take Elton Brand one on one and getting your shot blocked.

Is this where you're at now Tpark? Barry's playing well, so the blame shifts to 5 minutes per game Tony Massenberg?

T Park
01-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Duncan did the same thing,

but Im sure THATS pop's fault right?

What, should Massenburg be starting now?

One block shot means he sucks??

Pop and rose, continuely in the Aggie gauntlet of insults.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Well Duncan's a former MVP, plus he's seven feet tall, not 6'5" on his tip toes. What's Rose got going for him?

No one said Massenberg should be starting. Where the fuck do you come up with this at Tpark? You're just like Nbadan. When you're getting beat in an argument, change the topic.

I don't see anyone, anywhere on this thread saying start TMass, do you?

This isn't about one blocked shot Tpark, he's been having stuff thrown back in his face for a good two years now, but hey, he dunked on Dikembe two years ago, so it's alright for him to challenge guys half a foot taller all the time, right?

LOL, I guess someone should tell Tim he's only as good as Malik, Tpark sez so.

T Park
01-20-2005, 12:28 AM
No one said Massenberg should be starting.

I believe there was a thread started, that honestly said this.

I guess someone should tell Tim he's only as good as Malik

Most of the night, he looked no better than Malik, thats pretty true.

But Malik could have a great game, and it would never be enough for you, once again, hes been on your shit list since day 1, and youll never change, same with Pop.

Spurgal
01-20-2005, 12:40 AM
AggieHoopsfan SUX!

Your always talking shit about Malik...

Get a life JACKASS!

http://www.crazypics.org/jackass.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-20-2005, 12:40 AM
That's right, he could have a great game, and it wouldn't.

Look, for the billionth time, I don't hate Rose. I used to love the way he hustled for loose balls, dove on the court when the ball was rolling around, and somehow came out of the trees with a rebound.

I do hate what he's become since signing his contract. I dunno if it's just a constant thing for him trying to prove he's worth the money he's getting paid (which after two seasons I'd think he'd have gotten that out of his head by now), or if he honestly thinks we're paying him what we are to go out there and to do his best Tim Duncan impression in the post and score every time he touches the ball, or his best Manu impersonation when he tries to pass behind his back, etc.

I just want Malik Rose to get back to being the blue collar working man's basketball player. Scrapping for rebounds, getting garbage buckets, diving on the court for loose balls.

I could give a shit about scoring, and would even let his butterfingers under the basket when guys find him wide open for easy buckets slide, if he'd just get back to playing blue collar basketball.

And yeah, I'm critical of Pop. Someone's got to be, most everyone else (yourself included) thinks the guy walks on water and never screws up. Look at you. Earlier this year you were piling on Barry, toting the company line that he sucks and doesn't deserve to even see the court for pregame warmups. Now he's playing better, so you've shifted it to Mr. Insignificant playing time Tony Massenberg. Hell if he had a good game you'd probably blame it on Linton or Marks or maybe even the Coyote before you'd say anything negative.

Part of the reason I pick on Pop is I know it pisses some people like you off. The other reason is I hate watching us piss away games in fourth quarters, particularly in the playoffs, because we have this Pop inspired lovefest of going to Tim Duncan in the post.

My criticism of Pop would go away if I'd just see him acknowledge the fact Tim's having a bad night and use his other big guns to get the job done at the offensive end. But all too often on the nights where Tim is like 5-17, 6-18, 7-20, etc. and getting his ass kicked by an opposing defense, Pop is that much more stubborn about going to Tim, when he could be running plays for other guys who are actually hitting, who the defense isn't keying on, to get points when we need them.

Several of the Spurs biggest runs this year have come with TD on the bench. There is a lot more ball movement, we get a lot more open looks, and use our slashing, attacking guards to kill opponents.

Just once, once, I'd like to see you acknowledge that, because all I ever get is the same old tired "how many NBA games have you coached?" bullshit back from you, when everyone else on this board has at times asked why are we still going to Tim?

How many playoff beatings will it take for you to get the message Tpark? It took me two, both at the hands of the Lakers, with Robert Horry no less laughing about how we ran the same set the entire fourth quarter of every game, and that's why LA was so successful against our offense, and watching Pop fail to adjust to it. At some point you just gotta say enough.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-20-2005, 12:43 AM
Your always talking shit about Malik...

Get a life JACKASS!

I've already got one, thanks :) And I'm not the one who goes postal on an internet bulletin board when someone says something negative about someone I'm not related to playing bad basketball, so maybe you need to reassess the whole "life" getting thing, Mrs. I Watch Malik walk into the Spurs training facility every day from behind a chain link fence.

T Park
01-20-2005, 12:44 AM
I don't hate Rose

Please, spare us.

use his other big guns to get the job done at the offensive end.

Gotta hate that 4 down play at the end to win the game??

Oh wait, it wasn't so that debunks your 4 down all 4th quarter theory, wich REALLLLLY must piss you off.

Part of the reason I pick on Pop is I[QUOTE] know it pisses some people like you off.

So, your in a way, a troll.

haha.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-20-2005, 12:52 AM
Gotta hate that 4 down play at the end to win the game??

Oh wait, it wasn't so that debunks your 4 down all 4th quarter theory, wich REALLLLLY must piss you off.

Oh geez, tell me you're not that stupid. We went over eight minutes without scoring, running the ball through Duncan on offense. That last play wasn't 4down, which proves my point, and proves you're an idiot. Thanks for helping me prove my point.

Please, spare us.

just want Malik Rose to get back to being the blue collar working man's basketball player. Scrapping for rebounds, getting garbage buckets, diving on the court for loose balls.

I could give a shit about scoring, and would even let his butterfingers under the basket when guys find him wide open for easy buckets slide, if he'd just get back to playing blue collar basketball.

Read, rinse, repeat.

So, your in a way, a troll.

haha.

So what. If you want to call me that so you can feel better about yourself, go ahead. I've still had more coherent thoughts on this board regarding basketball than you've had meaningful posts.

T Park
01-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Yay for you.

That and a buck fitty will get you coffee at starbucks, whats your point.

Lovely how you always talk down to people on here who have an opposing viewpoint.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-20-2005, 01:52 AM
Tpark, what is your viewpoint? You're right, I talk down to people who counter basketball x's and o's talk with "well how many rings have you won? how many games have you coached in the NBA", but I respect other people like ShoogarBear, Kori, LJ, etc. who actually bring a legit take to things.

Seriously, all I ever hear out of you is "Pop is great, Tim is great, Malik is great", and the usual "well before you criticize anything about the team, I'm gonna need to see your proof of NBA coaching certificate."

Newsflash homey, no one on this site meets the qualifications you have for anyone to possess before they can criticize anything about this team.

So we can either have LJ and Kori shut down the site seeings no one is qualified to talk hoops (seeings no one here coaches in the 'da league), or you can STFU or actually bringing a take to the discussion for once.

T Park
01-20-2005, 01:54 AM
well before you criticize anything about the team, I'm gonna need to see your proof of NBA coaching certificate."

Got a link to where I said that??

All I said, someone can disagree with you, and you have to act like its a mortal sin and must talk down to everyone that does.

Just agree to disagree for once for christ sakes.

MannyIsGod
01-20-2005, 01:57 AM
Did Tpark say a buck fitty?

WTF?

BTW, Malik was solid tonight.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Can we start a vBookie on whether Sean Marks leapfrogs Rose in the rotation?

T Park
01-20-2005, 02:02 AM
BTW, Malik was solid tonight.

Me and manny find common ground.

IMO, he sparked there good play in the third with his rebounding, and good D. (nice steal on the baseline, and solid D against I think Elton Brand.)

Yeah, i broke out Fitty.

TheWriter
01-20-2005, 02:09 AM
Malik needs to play Malik ball. And he'll be set.

Useruser666
01-20-2005, 02:09 AM
Malik did alright for his very limited minutes.

SPARKY
01-20-2005, 03:03 AM
I thought Malik contributed well tonight. He was aggressive in the paint on both ends of the court. He rebounded well and went right at the Clippers bigs. This seemed to rub off on the rest of the team a little.

With regards to Malik taking it inside and getting stuffed by Brand, I believe Duncan did the same thing tonight.

Kori Ellis
01-20-2005, 03:06 AM
Pop liked Malik's play a lot tonight and he said that Malik has been handling himself with a lot of professionalism despite playing limited minutes lately.

Spurgal
01-20-2005, 04:24 AM
Malik needs to play Malik ball. And he'll be set.

I agree...

Useruser666 Malik did alright for his very limited minutes.

That's my Man!

SPARKY I thought Malik contributed well tonight.

Thank you, Sparky...

Kori Ellis Pop liked Malik's play a lot tonight and he said that Malik has been handling himself with a lot of professionalism despite playing limited minutes lately.

Listen to the :princess

Once again, the only JACKASS here tonight was the one and only, AHF! :lol

sbsquared
01-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Sean Elliott pointed out that Kaman didn't get a single rebound in the 3rd quarter - which is when Malik played the majority of minutes - just a coincidence?

Sense
01-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Sense:

Look at early in year when Rose given substantial minutes - look at his stats and how the team was playing. Suddenly Pops shifts almost all minutes to Horry (who had granted several very motivated and energetic games but has regressed lately.) Tonight perfect example, in games when Spurs getting killed on boards, Rose brings something other Spurs (especially Horry = Mr. Soft on boards most of time) do not = hustle and boards.

Not a perfect player but he is better than Massenburg period.

I'm actually tired of proving you idiots wrong....and I don't know the number of post this will, that I explain once again the truth about malik....why don't you try reading this thread? And for once shut up?
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9139

Btw, read ALL of the thread, because I know your stupid ass will come up with something that's already been talked about.

Btw, Aggie you're pretty smart for bashing malik, your points make sense.

And SpursGal, please shut up and make "sense", since you're just acting immature.

Malik Sucks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I'm a jackass and you're sane.

:rolleyes

I've laid out my "criticism" of Malik, three times over with the same thought, and probably has a lot to do with why you like him in the first place (borderline delusional psychotic crush not withstanding).

Malik plays white collar bball and I'm happy. Malik tries to be Manu and Tim all roled up into one, and he needs to be sitting at the end of the pine.

pjjrfan
01-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Hey I love Malik, I love his energy, his hustle and the way he skies for rebounds and fights under the boards, yeah, he get's a little crazy in there, and he does bobble the ball more than I would like, but the guy brings it. And I do think that Pop would rather have him being a garbage type player and not try to be a scorer, but hell, he does this every year, and by the time the playoffs come he produces, he has every year, except last year when he just sat through the whole deal.

He played wekk last night, doing the dirty work and I think that's what pop wants and if he sees it more often he will play him more often. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-20-2005, 08:07 PM
One more thought while I was eating dinner just now...

Why is it that I'm supposed to give props to Rose for turning in a good performance once out of every ten games?

He's what, the fourth highest paid Spur, and somehow I'm supposed to be thrilled when the fact that once every three weeks he actually looks like the old garbage man Malik Rose?

That's crap, and another reason why Spurgal can kiss my ass. When our $40 million dollar Sixth Man can show up at least every other night, or hell I'd even settle for every third night at this point, then I'll give him some props.

SequSpur
01-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Malik conversation again....

Why?

Dude needs to hit the road.

Spurgal
01-21-2005, 01:34 AM
One more thought while I was eating dinner just now...

Why is it that I'm supposed to give props to Rose for turning in a good performance once out of every ten games?

He's what, the fourth highest paid Spur, and somehow I'm supposed to be thrilled when the fact that once every three weeks he actually looks like the old garbage man Malik Rose?

That's crap, and another reason why Spurgal can kiss my ass. When our $40 million dollar Sixth Man can show up at least every other night, or hell I'd even settle for every third night at this point, then I'll give him some props.

Admit It, JACKASS...
The only reason you talk shit about Malik Is because you wish your ugly donkey ass (which I will never kiss) made the money he makes. :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-21-2005, 02:12 AM
Yeah, that's it, you caught me, it's all about the benjamins. If that were the case, why wouldn't I hate KG, or Kobe, or hell even Shaq? Fucking stupid argument from a fucking stupid stalker. Thank god you don't want to kiss me, I'd probably catch something.

Spurgal
01-21-2005, 02:42 AM
:lmao @ AHF