PDA

View Full Version : 5 yrs later....

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-24-2008, 07:34 PM
after 5 yrs in the navy, 14 months of which were in iraq, my lil bro is home.:rollin

He came home 5 yrs ago and said, "well i joined the Navy" :wow
Did boot in Chicago where he was able to keep RPOC status from beginning to end (not very common) with a guaranteed A-school waiting.
completed A-school as a corpsman and was immediately requested by the US Marines to go FMS- Fleet Marine Force. I assume he was picked for wreckin shop in Aschool and his attention to physical fitness (that just means he's a "big boy"). He completed more training (i think C school and a war prep-class) then it was off to iraq. more specifically the city of Hiditha on the uphrates river. he was assigned to small craft unit ( lil river crafts with dual 600 hp engines and bucket drop stearing) and did sniper insertions and swept villages for insurgents. this was when we lost like 21 men in 2 weeks. they shot the snipers that he inserted in the back and took one so they would come lookin. well they did and lost that amphibious vehicle to an IED a week later. those were his men and he was devistated. needless to say he made it home and was assigned to 29 palms CA as a coyote training instructor. he had alot of fun there training marines basic combat medic applications. ended up back at camp lajuene a year ago and was officially out about 3 weeks ago. him and his wife (one of my best friends) have just completed their cross-country move and are in NB where her mother lives. Im very proud of the man we now call Doc , and thought i would share. He will be working with me in my business untill he completes the remaining hours he needs to become a nurse. I dont know how many nights i had layed in bed at night wondering if he was still alive , but that will never be the case with him again. My lil bro has been and will continue to be an awesome contribution to society and i love him very much. Jonny is home, that is all

JoeChalupa
04-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Glad to hear he is home safely and a very grateful Thank You for his service. :tu

Go Navy!!

JoeChalupa
04-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Is he staying in the reserves for retirement or did he get completly out?

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-24-2008, 07:50 PM
he got completely out as far as i know. zero mention of reserves

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-24-2008, 07:51 PM
he was all about the career knowing he would be back in iraq, untill he married his wife. she has long been part of our family.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Glad to hear he is home safely and a very grateful Thank You for his service. :tu

Go Navy!!

i will tell him joechalupa says "thank you" and just leave it at that.

TheTruth
04-24-2008, 08:06 PM
God bless him. Tell him thank you.

duncan228
04-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Glad your brother is home safe HighLow.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-24-2008, 08:19 PM
thanks guys ill pass the thanks on to him

04-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Gotta love the Docs.

"A long-haired, Marine-hatin' Sailor with certain medical skills, who would go through the very gates of Hell to tend to a wounded Marine."

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Gotta love the Docs.

"A long-haired, Marine-hatin' Sailor with certain medical skills, who would go through the very gates of Hell to tend to a wounded Marine."

yeah most marines give the navy alot of shit, but when at war their Doc is treated , well , like their best friend

bendmz
04-24-2008, 08:46 PM
The Marine Corps version of Genesis 1B

In the beginning was the word, and the word was God.

In the beginning was God, and all else was darkness and void, and without form. So God created the heavens and the Earth. He created the sun, and the moon, and the stars, so that light might pierce the darkness. The Earth, God divided between the land and the sea, and these he filled with many assorted creatures.

And the dark, salty, slimy creatures that inhabited the murky depths of the oceans, God called sailors. And He dressed them accordingly. They had little trousers that looked like bells at the bottom. And their shirts had cute little flaps on them to hide the hickeys on their necks. He also gave them long sideburns and shabby looking beards. God nicknamed them "squids" and banished them to a lifetime at sea, so that normal folks would not have to associate with them. To further identify these unloved creatures, He called them "petty" and commodore" instead of titles worthy of red-blooded men.

And the flaky creatures of the land, God called soldiers. And with a twinkle in His eye, and a sense of humor that only He could have, God made their trousers too short and their covers too large. He also made their pockets oversized, so that they may warm their hands. And to adorn their uniforms, God gave them badges in quantities that only a dime store owner could appreciate. And He gave them emblems and crests... and all sorts of shiny things that glittered... and devices that dangled. (When you are God you tend to get carried away.)

On the 6th day, He thought about creating some air creatures for which he designed a Greyhound bus driver's uniform, especially for Air Force flyboys. But He discarded the idea during the first week, and it was not until years later that some apostles resurrected this theme and established what we now know as the "Wild-Blue-Yonder Wonders.

And on the 7th day, as you know, God rested.

But on the 8th day, at 0730, God looked down upon the earth and was not happy. No, God was not happy! So He thought about His labors, and in His divine wisdom God created a divine creature. And this He called Marine.

And these Marines, who God had created in His own image, were to be of the air, and of the land, and of the sea. And these He gave many wonderful uniforms. Some were green; some were blue with red trim. And in the early days, some were even a beautiful tan. He gave them practical fighting uniforms, so that they could wage war against the forces of Satan and evil. He gave them service uniforms for their daily work and training. And He gave them evening and dress uniforms...sharp and stylish, handsome things so that they might promenade with their ladies on Saturday night and impress the hell out of everybody! He even gave them swords, so that people who were not impressed could be dealt with accordingly.

And at the end of the 8th day, God looked down upon the Earth and saw that it was good.

But was God happy?

No! God was still not happy!

Because in the course of His labors, He had forgotten one thing: He did not have a Marine uniform for Himself.

He thought about it, and thought about it, and finally God satisfied Himself in knowing that, well....

Not everybody can be a Marine!

But being an FMF CORPSMAN is the next best thing!!!

SEMPER FI..........................

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-24-2008, 08:56 PM

In the beginning was God, and all else was darkness and void, and without form. So God created the heavens and the Earth. He created the sun, and the moon, and the stars, so that light might pierce the darkness. The Earth, God divided between the land and the sea, and these he filled with many assorted creatures.

And the dark, salty, slimy creatures that inhabited the murky depths of the oceans, God called sailors. And He dressed them accordingly. They had little trousers that looked like bells at the bottom. And their shirts had cute little flaps on them to hide the hickeys on their necks. He also gave them long sideburns and shabby looking beards. God nicknamed them "squids" and banished them to a lifetime at sea, so that normal folks would not have to associate with them. To further identify these unloved creatures, He called them "petty" and commodore" instead of titles worthy of red-blooded men.

And the flaky creatures of the land, God called soldiers. And with a twinkle in His eye, and a sense of humor that only He could have, God made their trousers too short and their covers too large. He also made their pockets oversized, so that they may warm their hands. And to adorn their uniforms, God gave them badges in quantities that only a dime store owner could appreciate. And He gave them emblems and crests... and all sorts of shiny things that glittered... and devices that dangled. (When you are God you tend to get carried away.)

On the 6th day, He thought about creating some air creatures for which he designed a Greyhound bus driver's uniform, especially for Air Force flyboys. But He discarded the idea during the first week, and it was not until years later that some apostles resurrected this theme and established what we now know as the "Wild-Blue-Yonder Wonders.

But on the 8th day, at 0730, God looked down upon the earth and was not happy. No, God was not happy! So He thought about His labors, and in His divine wisdom God created a divine creature. And this He called Marine.

And these Marines, who God had created in His own image, were to be of the air, and of the land, and of the sea. And these He gave many wonderful uniforms. Some were green; some were blue with red trim. And in the early days, some were even a beautiful tan. He gave them practical fighting uniforms, so that they could wage war against the forces of Satan and evil. He gave them service uniforms for their daily work and training. And He gave them evening and dress uniforms...sharp and stylish, handsome things so that they might promenade with their ladies on Saturday night and impress the hell out of everybody! He even gave them swords, so that people who were not impressed could be dealt with accordingly.

And at the end of the 8th day, God looked down upon the Earth and saw that it was good.

But was God happy?

Because in the course of His labors, He had forgotten one thing: He did not have a Marine uniform for Himself.

He thought about it, and thought about it, and finally God satisfied Himself in knowing that, well....

:toast

balli
04-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Glad he made it back man. Much appreciation for his service.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Glad he made it back man. Much appreciation for his service.

thanks. i think he wants to play a game of ballijuana , as a matter of fact

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Your brother sounds like the exact sort this world needs more of. Glad to hear he's headed home safe.

remingtonbo2001
04-24-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm glad to hear he survived the adventure.

I bet he's got some pretty sweet stories.

Don Quixote
04-24-2008, 11:15 PM

But was God happy?

Ummm ... this version of the creation account doesn't appear to be in the Hebrew text. Must be a variant reading ...

Elraptor
04-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Glad he's back home! Congrats to him for being safe!

GoGatos.
04-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Do they still call them jar heads?

Heath Ledger
04-25-2008, 06:05 AM
Thats the Marines, Navy personnel are referred to as Squids.

I was an RPOC in boot camp as well from beginning to end. It's not all that uncommon actually.

I was an ET and SAR Dog.(search and rescue swimmer)

Glad to hear he made it home safely. For those that don't know the Marines use Navy Corpsman in most cases for their medics and use Navy Personnel to guard their Chaplains. Both of which usually go to Marine Combat training with the Marines after their Navy Boot Camp and A or C schools.

samikeyp
04-25-2008, 07:45 AM
:toast

Taco
04-25-2008, 08:01 AM
GLAD FOR HIM, YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

I THANK HIM FOR HIS SERVICE !!!!

GOD BLESS!!! http://www.funfilesandsmiles.com/smilies2/United%20States.gif

Pistons < Spurs
04-25-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm glad you got your little brother back! We all appreciate his years of service!

Summers
04-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Glad he made it home! Pass along my thanks.

Faccia di Angelo
04-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Its great to here he's back home. I have much respect for all of them. Sounds like an amazing guy!

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-25-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm glad to hear he survived the adventure.

I bet he's got some pretty sweet stories.

y video tambien.
im bout to have him read the thread

mrsmaalox
04-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Thank you to him and your family from me and my family!!! :clap

tlongII
04-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Tell him thanks for his service. He sounds like a fine person.

04-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Tell him thanks for his service. He sounds like a fine person.

Right after you look past that whole "squid" thing.