PDA

View Full Version : ESPN the Magazines Yearly Franchise Rankings

smahmood26
04-24-2008, 07:51 PM
This year the Spurs finished as the number 2 team behind the Colts. Article was to big to post so here is a link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/mag/franchiseRanks

Buddy Holly
04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
It would be a cool list if the freakin' Hornet's weren't ranked third. WTF?

smahmood26
04-24-2008, 07:56 PM

I guess its becuase what they are doing this year and what they have done for New Orleans.

Buddy Holly
04-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Not really, they're pretty bad in every category expect two, which relate to cost of the games.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-24-2008, 08:58 PM

Yeah, it's pretty stupid to see a team that high where a hurricane went through a couple of years ago and said team has been integral in the community since returning to said city.

You're an idiot.

Buddy Holly
04-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah, it's pretty stupid to see a team that high where a hurricane went through a couple of years ago and said team has been integral in the community since returning to said city.

You're an idiot.

I'm the idiot? Look jackass, hating on me for simple spite is fucking idiotic. Did you bother to read the shit after you clicked on the link?

This wasn't "Yearly Franchise Rankings Based On Pitty" or "Which Franchise Is More Integral To Their City" ranking.

The criteria has to do all with the team/franchise and has nothing to do with the city, its circumstance or anything else.

New Orleans did pretty poorly in everything except being ranked 1 in the following two categories.

BNG (Bang for the Buck): Wins over the past three years per revenues directly from fans

AFF (Affordability): Price of tickets, parking and concessions

Cry Havoc
04-24-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm the idiot? Look jackass, hating on me for simple spite is fucking idiotic. Did you bother to read the shit after you clicked on the link?

This wasn't "Yearly Franchise Rankings Based On Pitty" or "Which Franchise Is More Integral To Their City" ranking.

The criteria has to do all with the team/franchise and has nothing to do with the city, its circumstance or anything else.

New Orleans did pretty poorly in everything except being ranked 1 in the following two categories.

BNG (Bang for the Buck): Wins over the past three years per revenues directly from fans

AFF (Affordability): Price of tickets, parking and concessions

Yeah, you're totally right.

Except being ranked in the top 11 in two other categories, and 29th in a third. :rolleyes

Buddy Holly
04-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah, you're totally right.

Except being ranked in the top 11 in two other categories, and 29th in a third. :rolleyes

I said pretty poorly. I wasn't blind to the 11 or the 9 but those two 1's are what gave them the three position and the entire point for my post that you quoted me on was that the Hurricane, its aftermath and the circumstances had nothing to do with those rankings.

MajorMike
04-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Colts
Spurs
Hornets
Packers
Ducks

Sabres
Spurs
Mavs
Colts
Pistons