PDA

View Full Version : 07-08’ Boston Celtics VS 95-96’ Chicago Bulls

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 12:40 AM
Boston Celtics VS Chicago Bulls
(PF)Kevin Garnett (PF)Dennis Rodman
(SF)Paul Pierce (SF)Scottie Pippen
(SG)Ray Allen (SG)Michael Jordan

Is it the 08’ Celtics team can compare with the (KING) 96’ Chicago Bulls???
Both of them are quite similarly, but the deeper analysis can let us more clearly to see that what they are actually different.
Celtics really can grant the achievement like the three-part harmony of Jordan-Pippen-Rodman (three-part harmony of Garnett-Pierce-Allen)? Like us to do some analysis to explain this:

Fundamental player
Before the KG (Kevin Garnett) joins the Boston Celtics, it is actually lack of the star player to lead it to the champion. Therefore, Celtics buy the KG from Timberwood and get the Ray Allen from the Sonic. These two star players plus the leader of the Celtics-Pierce. It is actually combined out a super three-part harmony strategy which can compare with the three-part harmony of Jordan-Pippen-Rodman.
However, Jordan + Pippen + Rodman are brought up by the Chicago, so the annual salary of them quite low than the KG + Pierce +Allen.
KG + Pierce +Allen = USD $ 5600 million
Jordan + Pippen + Rodman = USD $ 2351 million

Three-part harmony
Base on the Boston Celtics’ fundamental player, we can realize that it is a powerful team. KG can controls the inside part (offensive/ defensive rebound and inside get points), Pierce be in charge of the make a breakthrough and get the chance for point or assist, Allen is only concentrate in his shooting job especially his 3-points shooting. Three of them can help each other to get the points and lead to champion. Without one of them, this harmony maybe be breakdown.
However, in the 96’ Chicago Bulls, Michael Jordan act as super star (basketball king) to lead the Bulls grab the champion. Pippen and Rodman act as the supporters to help Jordan in the competition. Therefore, they can do nothing if the Jordan is no around at the court. They do not have the leadership aura like the Michael Jordan.

Substitute players
Substitute player also act as an important role in the game. 06’ Chicago Bulls had a lot of great substitute players such as (F)Toni Kukoc, (G)Steve Kerr, (C)Bill Wennington. All of them contribute a lot of points, assist and rebounds to the team.
However , the substitute players of 08’ Boston Celtics must be regrow and move on to improve their power. Prove that Celtics can defeat all of the opponents and get the last champion. (G)Eddie House, (F)James Posey, (SG) Tony Allen – substitute players.

07-08’ Boston Celtics performance
http://bp1.blogger.com/_yeFOLxkvU_8/SBFsZF3OYyI/AAAAAAAAABs/hofDCk8q5xY/s1600-h/untitled.bmp
95-96’ Chicago Bulls performance
http://bp0.blogger.com/_yeFOLxkvU_8/SBFs313OYzI/AAAAAAAAAB0/XvtHxyuC5gU/s1600-h/untitled+1.bmp

More information you can get from http://www.nbaliveblog.blogspot.com/, thz

David Stern
04-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Gotta go with Jordans Bulls on that one! Either way it's a win/win for me.

Bob Lanier
04-25-2008, 12:46 AM
What language was this translated from?

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Sry, my language seem poor, it is translate from chinese , can guide that where m i wrong?

Bob Lanier
04-25-2008, 01:27 AM
It's mostly word order differences and some strange locutions. It isn't difficult to understand, though.

Is it the 08’ Celtics team can compare with the (KING) 96’ Chicago Bulls???
The "is it" is superfluous.

Can the '08 Celtics team compare with the '96 Chicago Bulls?

Both of them are quite similarly, but the deeper analysis can let us more clearly to see that what they are actually different.
"Both" and "similar" is redundant, yet insufficient; "can" is unnecessary with the participle; different could use a modifier to flow in spoken English.

They are similar in many ways, but a deeper analysis clearly indicates that there are important differences.

Celtics really can grant the achievement like the three-part harmony of Jordan-Pippen-Rodman (three-part harmony of Garnett-Pierce-Allen)?
The modal goes to the beginning of the sentence in a question. "Grant the achievement" is not a phrase that would be used; "grant" and "achieve" have very different meanings. "Three-part harmony" is a very grandiose metaphor, but that's not going to kill you. The parenthesis would be best replaced by a preposition.

Can the Celtics match the achievements of the Jordan-Pippen-Rodman trio with their own three-part harmony of Garnett, Pierce, and Allen?

Like us to do some analysis to explain this:
"Like" shouldn't be used here. "To do" isn't conjugated. "Explain" refers to a previously made statement, not a question.

Let's do some analysis to answer that.

Fundamental player

Before the KG (Kevin Garnett) joins the Boston Celtics, it is actually lack of the star player to lead it to the champion.
Very few people have a "the" in their names. Your tenses aren't in agreement. "Lack" needs to be verbed; "star player" needs its article removed; "champion" is a person, not a state of being. A team isn't usually referred to as "it", but that doesn't matter so much.

Before KG (Kevin Garnett) joined the Boston Celtics, they lacked a star player who could lead them to the championship.
[quote]Therefore, Celtics buy the KG from Timberwood and get the Ray Allen from the Sonic. These two star players plus the leader of the Celtics-Pierce.
"Therefore" is one of those words non-native speakers rely too much on. KG's former team was the "Minnesota Timberwolves". Still no "thes". Sonics are plural. The second sentence is a fragment, lacking a verb.

That's why they acquired KG from the Timberwolves, and Ray Allen from the Sonics, to play alongside their longtime leader, Paul Pierce.

It is actually combined out a super three-part harmony strategy which can compare with the three-part harmony of Jordan-Pippen-Rodman.
Tense. Was, not is. "Combined out" is not a valid phrase. Can should be replaced. From now on, I'm going to replace "three part harmony" with "Big Three", 'cause I wanna.

These trades resulted in the Celtics adopting a "Big Three" strategy, like that practiced by Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman in Chicago.
[quote]However, Jordan + Pippen + Rodman are brought up by the Chicago, so the annual salary of them quite low than the KG + Pierce +Allen.
KG + Pierce +Allen = USD $ 5600 million
Jordan + Pippen + Rodman = USD $ 2351 million
There are a couple of issues here. First, the sentence is ungrammatical; I don't know what you're trying to get across. But, I suspect it involves problems with inflation in player salaries between the two eras due to different collective bargaining agreements in force. And, in English we have the billion.

Three-part harmony
Base on the Boston Celtics’ fundamental player, we can realize that it is a powerful team.
Based on, not base on. In any case, you shouldn't be using "based on" in a clause with a noun instead of a gerund. "Can" is unnecessary. "They are", not "it is". The sentence should be inverted.

We realize that, because of the Celtics' fundamental player, they are a powerful team.

KG can controls the inside part (offensive/ defensive rebound and inside get points),
"Can control" is inexact; "The inside part" is inelegant. "Rebound" should be "rebounding", "get points" should be "scoring".

KG can dominate the interior game (offensive and defensive rebounding and inside scoring).

Pierce be in charge of the make a breakthrough and get the chance for point or assist, Allen is only concentrate in his shooting job especially his 3-points shooting.
"He is", not "he be"; what does "make a breakthrough" mean? "only concentrates on" not "is only concentrate in"; "job" is superfluous; "point" not "points". Instead of repeating "shooting", many would use an idiom.
[quote]Pierce is the Celtics' playmaker, who can score or make assists. Allen concentrates only on his shooting, especially from beyond the arc.

Etc.

I'm tired and drunk, so don't take this too badly. I've been known to be wrong in these conditions. In any case, your language is understandable; it's really your analysis you need to work on. At this point it's nothing new or really profound.

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 02:08 AM
wow~ thank you, i really felt embarrassed after saw your reply. SAD case , my engish....
Actually i am Asian, so hope can learn more from you especially in english , haha

atxrocker
04-25-2008, 02:15 AM
Which team had Michael Jordan again? Yeah, i'll go with that one. He managed to deny many a talented teams the elusive championship ring. The guy was just unstoppable and imposed his will on everybody, no matter who the fuck you are.

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 02:38 AM
??? sorry,atxroker? wad r u talking about? haha

atxrocker
04-25-2008, 02:41 AM

flipcritic
04-25-2008, 04:28 AM
Jesus Christ, this year's Celtics haven't won anything yet, and they're already being compared to Jordan's bulls?

DespЏrado
04-25-2008, 04:59 AM
Jesus Christ, this year's Celtics haven't won anything yet, and they're already being compared to Jordan's bulls?

^Seriously this x 10000... :bang this thread is about two years premature, and that would require two straight championships from the celtics, and then maybe if it looks like they are contending for a third ring then you can bring stupid shit like this up... but until then:

Jordan's Bulls>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Celtics
Duncan's Spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Celtics

These guys weren't good because they had 1 year of dominance, but because they sustained their dominance over an era.

endrity
04-25-2008, 05:36 AM
^Seriously this x 10000... :bang this thread is about two years premature, and that would require two straight championships from the celtics, and then maybe if it looks like they are contending for a third ring then you can bring stupid shit like this up... but until then:

Jordan's Bulls>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Celtics
Duncan's Spurs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Celtics

These guys weren't good because they had 1 year of dominance, but because they sustained their dominance over an era.

+1

AI-square
04-25-2008, 05:59 AM
Championship Forum.

Sorry dude, but this is premature.

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 08:34 AM
thz for u all reply and suggestion . i translate this paragraph from a chinese magazine, i apologised if the paragraph was lousy T_T

Elraptor
04-25-2008, 09:55 AM
thz for u all reply and suggestion . i translate this paragraph from a chinese magazine, i apologised if the paragraph was lousy T_TMrhaha, add a poll.

And the bulls in my opinion, we're the better team.

DarrinS
04-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Maybe we should wait for this years version of the Celtics to actually win something before making such a thread.

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 10:18 AM
ya, you r right , but this is a guess thread , dun take it so seriously, ok? haha

Thunder Dan
04-25-2008, 10:21 AM
i think the fine people in China should stick to making cheap disposable items for Wal Mart and stop analyzing basketball....Jordan's Bulls all the way.

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 10:36 AM
lol , i am no staying china , but chinese still can post right?

rAm
04-25-2008, 11:03 AM
lol , i am no staying china , but chinese still can post right?

Lets get to chinks, with their CHING CHONG CHING, We can't understand you go back to your country! WHITE POWER!

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 11:34 AM
== , no discrimination her please, i thought this forum is pure......

spurms
04-25-2008, 11:35 AM

then stop posting with a translator, and making up jackass threads, it's really embarassing to read.

rAm
04-25-2008, 11:39 AM
It's from Chapelle's Show. I guess they don't allow humor in communism.

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 12:12 PM
lol, this forum does not accept translate paragraph? i just done a good deed for your all white man who does not know the chinese language. Translate a good paragraph for sharing only.

Cry Havoc
04-25-2008, 12:39 PM
lol, this forum does not accept translate paragraph? i just done a good deed for your all white man who does not know the chinese language. Translate a good paragraph for sharing only.

Don't worry about the trolls, they're just being morons because they lack the brainpower to be anything else. Welcome to the forums. =)

Thunder Dan
04-25-2008, 12:40 PM

we are bustin your balls chill out

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 12:53 PM
finally, i found one normal guy=Cry Havoc, thx for ur support, i know this is a free forum.

rAm
04-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Why don't you stick to harassing Tibetans

rAm
04-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Don't worry about the trolls, they're just being morons because they lack the brainpower to be anything else. Welcome to the forums. =)

Troll? Do you even know what that means?

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Excuse me, i am a japanese, i don't care about Tibetans. At least i know some english and posting something at here. But do you know any japanese or chinese language compare with me? Please, don't take other country as your jokes, it is just showing the standard of manner of your country, what kind of country comes out what kind of citizen. Please respect your country and yourself. thank you.

rAm
04-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Excuse me, i am a japanese, i don't care about Tibetans. At least i know some english and posting something at here. But do you know any japanese or chinese language compare with me? Please, don't take other country as your jokes, it is just showing the standard of manner of your country, what kind of country comes out what kind of citizen. Please respect your country and yourself. thank you.

How am I supposed to know you are Japanese, when all you have mentioned is that you are Chinese. And what I know about the Chinese people and the "standard of manner of your country" is that you are wrongfully imprisoning Tibetans.

rAm
04-25-2008, 01:23 PM
So respect, DEEZ NUTS

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 01:44 PM
please, show any proof before you talk the nonsense>>> ==
haiz, wher r you now? i gonna sharing my experience with my friends about you and your country, quite "nice" country.

More information you can get from http://www.nbaliveblog.blogspot.com/ , thz

rAm
04-25-2008, 02:43 PM
please, show any proof before you talk the nonsense>>> ==
haiz, wher r you now? i gonna sharing my experience with my friends about you and your country, quite "nice" country.

hahaha oh my, now you show your true colors!

btw, that "nice" country, created and sponsors that oh so wonderful sport that you enjoy (and spam about).

you can sharing with your friends DEEZ NUTZ

duncan228
04-25-2008, 02:45 PM

Where does this site get its articles from? It seems to be pieces of articles from ESPN, AP, etc. Is someone writing them or are they not linked to the originals?

Bob Lanier
04-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Any particular reason rAm hasn't been banned yet?

rAm
04-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Any particular reason rAm hasn't been banned yet?

What have I said to even be considered for banning?

Indazone
04-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Bulls would kill the Celtics. Nobody beat that Bulls team. Not the Pistons, Not the Lakers, Not the Rockets, Not the Pacers. The Bulls of that generation was the best ever.

Bob Lanier
04-25-2008, 03:53 PM
What have I said to even be considered for banning?

Lets get to chinks, with their CHING CHONG CHING, We can't understand you go back to your country! WHITE POWER!

The admins here tolerate all kinds of vulgarity, political bullshitting, and sexism, but I don't recall them accepting racial slurs directed at other players before.

Even if you were parroting someone else's racist joke.

rAm
04-25-2008, 04:04 PM
The admins here tolerate all kinds of vulgarity, political bullshitting, and sexism, but I don't recall them accepting racial slurs directed at other players before.

Even if you were parroting someone else's racist joke.

If you had any connection with American Popular Culture, it wouldn't be offensive in the slightest bit. You obviously don't.

That being said, I doubt "chink" is anywhere near as bad as some of the shit said on this board. But I will let you be the judge of that since you have been a member of this board for less time than I have.

Thanks for the input though, it is appreciated. Next time, why don't you try supporting someone else who isn't posting blog spam.

lefty
04-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Bulls would beat those Celts.

No fucking question.

The 95-96 Sonics were much better than today's Celtics, and Bulls beat them

Bob Lanier
04-25-2008, 04:15 PM
If you had any connection with American Popular Culture, it wouldn't be offensive in the slightest bit. You obviously don't.
Your argument here would still be complete bullshit even if your assumption was accurate.

It isn't. I'm quite aware of the man you're quoting. I think he has a limited sense of humor and his overreliance on racism - his own and others' - is a major part of that.

That being said, I doubt "chink" is anywhere near as bad as some of the shit said on this board.
I agree, but the double standards applied are hardly relevant.

rAm
04-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Your argument here would still be complete bullshit even if your assumption was accurate.

It isn't. I'm quite aware of the man you're quoting. I think he has a limited sense of humor and his overreliance on racism - his own and others' - is a major part of that.

I agree, but the double standards applied are hardly relevant.

Maybe that is just your opinion. If you ask any comedian, they will tell you that Chappelle is one of the greatest masters of comedy ever.

Ever think that his "over reliance on racism" is parallel to the over existence of racism in our society? What people are amused by in this day and age?

But whatever, you are undoubtedly the expert on this topic so I will back off.

Bob Lanier
04-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Chappelle is one of the greatest masters of comedy ever.
Didn't say he wasn't very good at his job. I said he wasn't funny.

Ever think that his "over reliance on racism" is parallel to the over existence of racism in our society? What people are amused by in this day and age?
Sure. He's more than willing to exploit stereotypes for a buck.

But really, Chappelle's neither here nor there: what's important is what you said, not who inspired you to say it.

I am kind of disappointed that you aren't calling me a ###### yet, though; Chappelle wouldn't hesitate to.

rAm
04-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Didn't say he wasn't very good at his job. I said he wasn't funny.

Sure. He's more than willing to exploit stereotypes for a buck.

But really, Chappelle's neither here nor there: what's important is what you said, not who inspired you to say it.

I am kind of disappointed that you aren't calling me a ###### yet, though; Chappelle wouldn't hesitate to.

Are you at all serious?

He is good at his job? But he isn't funny? His job is to be funny. That is your opinion.

If you knew anything about Chappelle you would realize that he isn't at all concerned with money. He walked away from a 60 million dollar contract, for that exact reason. He regularly shows up at random Comedy Hour shows just because he loves Comedy and making people laugh.

You are ignorant on this topic, just as you are ignorant about this Chinese man who is trying to spam his blog on the website.

Do you even know who Chappelle is? Have you ever seen a picture of him?

Do you think this guy would call you a ######:

http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/05/davechappelle3.jpg
"Hey ######, stop posting about stuff you don't know anything about!"

He doesn't exploit stereotypes, he IS a stereotype.

Get a fucking life, and get over yourself you racist bastard.

Mrhaha
04-25-2008, 11:12 PM
ya, this blog is pierce of articles from ESPN, AP, etc, but i just coordinate them and also post some my personal edits , any suggestions?

spurms
04-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Maybe that is just your opinion. If you ask any comedian, they will tell you that Chappelle is one of the greatest masters of comedy ever.

But whatever, you are undoubtedly the expert on this topic so I will back off.

Yeah i think you should keep ur lid shut as well, ur giving us spurs fan a bad name whatever you might try to say about quoting from someone else, it's not funny in this context so your comic timing was a major fail, that along with you mixing it up with politics, ban this fucker.

Mrhaha
04-26-2008, 12:35 AM
ya, spurms you r right!!! support you

spurms
04-26-2008, 12:37 AM
ya, spurms you r right!!! support you

STOP BUMPING THIS WORTHLESS THREAD, And stop posting through a translator, go away.

Mrhaha
04-26-2008, 01:09 AM
= = , this forum can't accept translate paragraph? Where are the administrators of this forum. It is not worthless? i just sharing my opinion and paragraph, you can skip this thread if you are unhappy to this thread. thz.

Mrhaha
04-27-2008, 04:48 AM
rAm there? you hvn answer my Question!

MONTENEGRINO
04-27-2008, 06:27 AM
Which team had Michael Jordan again? Yeah, i'll go with that one. He managed to deny many a talented teams the elusive championship ring. The guy was just unstoppable and imposed his will on everybody, no matter who the fuck you are.

I'll go with MJ too. MJ = :lobt2:

21_Blessings
04-27-2008, 07:55 AM
08-09 Lakers will win 73+ games.

Mrhaha
04-28-2008, 06:33 AM
ya , the lakers also will be the powerful team in this time , support it 2

More information you can get from www.nbaliveblog.blogpot.com, thz

DBryant88
04-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Jordan would manhandle allen while i think KG and Rodman would be a pretty even match I also think Pierce would have the upperhand on Pippen. Bulls 116-98

Mrhaha
04-28-2008, 07:38 AM
ya, so we just wait their results to prove our predict haha, thz for replying.

duncan228
04-28-2008, 10:26 AM
ya, this blog is pierce of articles from ESPN, AP, etc, but i just coordinate them and also post some my personal edits , any suggestions?

The ESPN/AP stuff is copyrighted, you should put the writer's name and the link to the stuff you didn't write in your blog.

Mrhaha
04-28-2008, 01:44 PM
oic, okok, i will pay more attention about this, thz for your suggestions,keekee!

Amare_32
04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
I give you that Celtics are the best team I have seen in a few years. They have dominated the NBA this season but even the Big 3 will tell you they don't hold a candle to the Jordan's Bulls team.

remingtonbo2001
04-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Welcome Mrhaha! :)

Like most, I doubt the Celtics would even make it to Game 5 against the 96' Bulls.
Jordan was just too good. Add another quality star in Pippen, decent role players, and a (as much as I hate to say it) decent coach in Phil Jackson and the Bulls easily win this series.

As for rAm... Fuck off with your racist comments. Like most I tolerate teasing and the such, but I don't tolerate hate.

TampaDude
04-28-2008, 09:17 PM

WERD...sure, the 2008 Celtics are a very good team, but they are not even on the same fucking planet as the 1996 Bulls...

Mrhaha
04-30-2008, 11:39 PM
wow~~thank remingtonbo2001, i know that it was hard to compare between these two teams due to the era problem, but the concept was there.

Mrhaha
05-01-2008, 11:16 AM
i post my picture already , y no effect?

rAm
05-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Welcome Mrhaha! :)

Like most, I doubt the Celtics would even make it to Game 5 against the 96' Bulls.
Jordan was just too good. Add another quality star in Pippen, decent role players, and a (as much as I hate to say it) decent coach in Phil Jackson and the Bulls easily win this series.

As for rAm... Fuck off with your racist comments. Like most I tolerate teasing and the such, but I don't tolerate hate.

I don't see where I was hating at all, why don't you fuck off and stop supporting asian blog spam.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Stupid premise. The Mavericks were a better regular season team. The Pistons were a better regular season team. Wake me when the Celtics win a couple of championships and we might talk.

Mrhaha
05-01-2008, 12:02 PM
y y y , asian are not human being? y discriminate?

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 12:06 PM
y y y , asian are not human being? y discriminate?

I believe the operative word was "spam" and not "asian". Get over yourself.

stretch
05-01-2008, 12:18 PM
this thread wins.

Mrhaha
05-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Discussion can make more clearly wad you expect for Celtics, hope Celtics can do well in this season and playoff.

peskypesky
05-01-2008, 10:08 PM
As many other have said, this comparison is premature. Celtics haven't won anything yet. Great regular season records don't necessarily translate into Championships. Just ask the Suns, the Mavericks, and the Pistons.

I apologize for the racist and anti-Chinese comments made by some of my countrymen (even if you are Japanese). Unfortunately, bigots exist everywhere, like cancer.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2008, 11:31 PM
"Asian blog spam" is bigoted?

Mrhaha
05-02-2008, 08:31 AM
u mean bigot is ...... who?

Mrhaha
05-08-2008, 12:15 PM
wahhahah, my guess is right!!1

JamStone
05-08-2008, 12:18 PM
The current Altanta Hawks would have swept the 95-96 Chicago Bulls team.

That's how great this Celtics team is.

MajicMan
05-08-2008, 12:24 PM
that would be the equivalent to the Chicago Bulls vs the Washington Generals

Boston = big time overrated