PDA

View Full Version : Happy Forking Birthday To Me

timvp
04-25-2008, 12:43 AM
70 in a 55 about two blocks from our house :pctoss

What's lame is I wasn't going 70. I looked down right when the cop lights turned on and I was at 61. I'm the slowest driver I know because I wasn't 100% sure I was warrant-free so I never take chances. I hadn't been pulled over in like ten years. At least I know my record must be somewhat clean.

$185. Not too bad. I've never got a speeding ticket. Do I just pay this ish or is there a better way around it. I don't care about the money part, I just want the option with the least amount of hassle.

Got damn it. Spurs better win. :cuss

P.S.

The timing was actually funny. I look at the clock and it's 12:01AM.

Me: Guess I should start celebrating my birthday.
Kori: Happy Birthday
Me: WTF I'm getting pulled over. I'm going 61 in a 55 so it must be a headlight.

At least this birth year didn't mess around and just started dishing out the punishment. :smokin

Fillmoe
04-25-2008, 12:55 AM
i got a ticket a few days ago too... 88 in the 65

Kori Ellis
04-25-2008, 12:57 AM
i got a ticket a few days ago too... 88 in the 65

How much is it?

I told LJ just send in the money. Who wants the hassle of traffic school/going to court.

trueD
04-25-2008, 12:58 AM
First, Happy Birthday!

Dang I logged back on to tell you but we're in different states.

In California they mail you the bail amount. You can just pay it by mail and be done with it. But, if you appear you can request traffic school (which, these days, only amounts to a lame class-like thing online with a test that everybody passes around answers to, just gotta know who to ask). That way you stay clean on your record and avoid paying the extra insurance costs--which a ticket can add 50% to your rate.

But, that's in California, sorry.

Fillmoe
04-25-2008, 12:59 AM
How much is it?

I told LJ just send in the money. Who wants the hassle of traffic school/going to court.

no idea... i have to wait 2 weeks for it to come in the mail...

marini martini
04-25-2008, 12:59 AM
:oops:drunk:oops

Happy Birthday, lJ:toast

duncan228
04-25-2008, 01:01 AM
If your record is clean I think paying it is the least hassle.
Lousy way to tip off your birthday, I hope that's the worst of it and the Spurs top it off with a great game.

Leetonidas
04-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Happy birthday LJ. :smokin

That's a bitch though. I hate when shit like that happens, especially on your birthday or something. Just pay that shit and move on...fuck the police!

Trainwreck2100
04-25-2008, 01:05 AM
How much is it?

Depends on how much it jacks up later insurance payments.

I recently got pulled over for speeding and asked the cop to show me his radar gun and he said he didn't have to, which I'm pretty sure they do. I knew he didn't have it, but i ended up getting a ticket for driving without glasses.

mouse
04-25-2008, 01:18 AM
And I let you drive me home after the night of the night in your house? I had a dime bag of weed in my sock!

It's bad enough you sold me out to the NSA you have to rub it in my face? I saw the cops at the all night gas station you stopped at 2 AM when we stayed up all night shredding your Fed X documents and IRS receipts! I also told you to trim your Taliban beard stop using Curry powder it's still to close to 9/11 let the shit cool down!

And to stop doing 45 in the school zones, but you did pay me cash and got me Cha Cho's for the Barbacoa special so it's all good Holmes! :tu

AlamoSpursFan
04-25-2008, 01:21 AM
Doesn't even matter if they show you the radar. I got a ticket from a state trooper in Freer, TX, once and I sat in his pickup while he wrote me up for going 46 in a 35. His radar said 46 and it had a fancy little switch next to the readout that said "lock".

I had just left the Dairy Queen in Freer and looked down at my speedometer as soon as I saw the trooper and it said 32. When I showed up to court the next Tuesday (the judge in Freer only works on Tuesdays...nice gig if you can get it), there were 5 other truck drivers there to contest their 46 in a 35 tickets. Co-inkydinks? I think not. Some dickwad got a 46 in a 35 ticket, and the trooper liked it so much he kept it locked on 46.

Fuck me. I had to take defensive driving for the ticket, which thanks to our lovely Texas lege, I can no longer do, because for some reason they took the defensive driving option away from CDL holders. Even if I get a ticket in my car I can't take defensive driving because I have a CDL. No DD....04% BAC...god I love being a truck driver!!!

Oh, and Happy Birthday, LJ!

The other side
04-25-2008, 01:24 AM
A ticket may some day save your life!

Slomo
04-25-2008, 02:21 AM
Hey I offered you a lift.....

Happy birthday anyway :lol

timvp
04-25-2008, 02:22 AM
Hey I offered you a lift.....Good point.

:pctoss

atxrocker
04-25-2008, 02:25 AM
least you didn't get arrested. most times i get pulled over i'm thinking ahead of who i will call to bail me the fuck out.

timvp
04-25-2008, 02:31 AM
least you didn't get arrested. Exactly. I was telling Kori what to do if I got taken in. Considering alternatives, $185 is getting off good.

Re-Animator
04-25-2008, 02:36 AM
Hey I offered you a lift.....

Happy birthday anyway :lol

When KGB hangs with NSA the party is on! :toast

Supreme_Being
04-25-2008, 02:39 AM
I also got a ticket for entering a one-way street on the wrong side.

Wait, I didn't get a ticket. I bribed the cops. I live in a corrupt country, and thank god for that!

alamo50
04-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Good thing you win all that cash with the fantasy games you manage yourself!

Have a good one the rest of it LJ.

DannyT
04-25-2008, 02:47 AM
we would have just taken a collection at the next GTG, and I would have worn my Free LJ tee-shirt as well....dont worry if you ever get locked up we will take care of Kori for you....

Kori Ellis
04-25-2008, 02:52 AM
we would have just taken a collection at the next GTG, and I would have worn my Free LJ tee-shirt as well....dont worry if you ever get locked up we will take care of Kori for you....

Here was our conversation while the cop was running his license:

LJ: If for some reason something fluke-y happens and I get arrested and can't get out til Monday, I will just save my phone calls until right after the Spurs game on Friday and again on Sunday. That way you can give me the scores.

Me: :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao Umm.. what situation would happen that I can't bail you out?! :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

angel_luv
04-25-2008, 02:54 AM
That is a true Spurs fan for you.

Props L.J. :toast

DannyT
04-25-2008, 03:05 AM
I had no idea LJ was such a thug....

Nbadan
04-25-2008, 03:38 AM
The thing is is that it's a moving violation so you could see a slight increase in your car insurance too....better to get the Video from HEB service counter and watch the defensive driving course at your own leisure...you can also pay a lawyer a couple of hundred bucks to represent you in court and get you differed adjudication and as long as you don't get any moving violations in 6 months this violation does not go on your record...

remingtonbo2001
04-25-2008, 04:32 AM
Was it SAPD, a Sheriff, or a Constable?

If it's SAPD, fight the the charge. I doubt the officer will show up to court, in which case the ticket is dropped. If it's the latter, you can either take defensive driving (which is boring as hell) or pay the ticket.

Or you can STICK IT TO THE MAN, not pay anything and just avoid the police all together.

The Cop must have been a Suns fan. Who else would give someone a ticket on their birthday?

whottt
04-25-2008, 04:39 AM
It's not that hard to take defensive driving...usually they have one at some comedy club, sometimes you even get a meal...takes about 5-6 hours, saves about a 100 bucks, and it keeps it off your driving record. Plus, sometimes you actually do learn stuff.

Just say you have a run of bad luck...I believe if you get 3 tickets in a year(or maybe it's 5) they will suspend your license. You never know...just about everyone speeds at some point or another, daily.

Or you can take a class online...that's really easy by the way...they even have the goofy films.

Kori Ellis
04-25-2008, 04:39 AM
It was Bexar County Sheriff Department.

remingtonbo2001
04-25-2008, 04:51 AM

Oh...Sorry LJ, but you're screwed.

Maybe he didn't know who you were?

Did you tell him you were the owner and propriotor of Spurs Talk, the greatest place in the entire WWW?

Did you try bribing him with free membership?

samikeyp
04-25-2008, 06:35 AM
Happy Birthday :toast

Shelly
04-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Were you in that much of a hurry to get to the Shell station by your house before the gas prices went up again? Sheesh!

Just do DD online. Why have your insurance rates go up? Oh, and befriend a cop who can get you out of a ticket! :lol

Happy Birthday!

monosylab1k
04-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Get a relative to become a fireman and let him give you one of those stickers to put on your windshield.

ATRAIN
04-25-2008, 08:26 AM
I once got a ticket in Beeville doing 74 in a 70.

ATRAIN
04-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Happy Birthday timvp

leemajors
04-25-2008, 08:29 AM
the online course is the way to go. do they still have the video of the guy chugging a pitcher of beer? that one's my favorite.

Supreme_Being
04-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot. Happy birthday, timvp.

T Park
04-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Fuck me. I had to take defensive driving for the ticket, which thanks to our lovely Texas lege, I can no longer do, because for some reason they took the defensive driving option away from CDL holders. Even if I get a ticket in my car I can't take defensive driving because I have a CDL. No DD....04% BAC...god I love being a truck driver!!!

Yeah god bless our government for fucking us truck drivers over some more on that lovely little tidbit.

T Park
04-25-2008, 08:47 AM

Yeah those guys are dickheads.

I got pulled over on prom night back in 97 doing 47 in a 45 and the cop sees me in the tux, asks me where I'm goin, told him, and joked that I was just a tad late picking my date up. As he takes the ticket off the pad he sneers and says "I guess your gonna be even fucking later now shit face, aren't ya."

Really fun thing to go through at 16.

JoeChalupa
04-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Happy Birthday! Have a great day and get ready for some Spurs!!! Yeah, that's the ticket!!

Das Texan
04-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Fucking cops.

They are class folks through and through.

Dex
04-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Bummer, buddy. I think God must think he's pretty funny sometimes.

Happy Birthday anyways!!!! :smokin

As for dealing with the ticket, you have 3 options:

Pay the ticket - Probably the easiest way to go, but the ticket will go on your record and might raise your insurance rates a little. Since it sounds like you've got a pretty clean record, I don't think it would be too bad.

Take Defensive Driving - ends up being a little cheaper than paying the ticket, but you have to take the course which ends up effectively being a waste of 6 hours of your life. Just make sure you get everything done on time or you'll end up paying the ticket anyways. I recommend either the online course because you can do it on your own time, or there is a place in SA called That's the Ticket which offers a comedy course which is easy and at least mildly palatable.

Ask for Deferred Adjudication - Most judges will give you this option as well. Basically, you end up paying the ticket PLUS extra fees, and are put on a probationary period for 6 months. As long as you don't get another moving traffic violation within that 6 months, then the case is dismissed and the ticket doesn't go on your record / affect your insurance. This is the most expensive scenario up front, but keeps your record clean.

Elraptor
04-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Cops get so annoying, some even do it on purpose just to piss you off if your just over the speeding limit. And people get even more pissed off when they didn't even pass the limit.

Damn cops. :nope

Taco
04-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Sorry About That Dude

Happy Birthday Anyway!!!

mrsmaalox
04-25-2008, 10:36 AM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i22/peter026/arg-happy-birthday-url.gif

marini martini
04-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Apparently, you didn't have any warrants, so that's a good thing, you didn't get sent to the pokey.:lol

So have a happy birthday LJ, and enjoy the game tonight!:clap

:birthday::flag::birthday:

Los Spurs
04-25-2008, 10:44 AM
http://www.ipass.net/a1idpirat/pty-bday-globe.gif

midgetonadonkey
04-25-2008, 10:46 AM
I once got stopped doing 107 in a 55 on my way from Victoria to College Station. I was passing people in no pass zones and what not. The cop screamed at me for a good 10 minutes telling me he can take me in for wreckless endangerment but ended up letting me off with a warning because, "I don't want to have to take you in and spend the rest of my fucking day doing paperwork because you are a wreckless piece of shit."

He was an old fat Chief of Police of some small ass town. I remember seeing him in commercials. I'm glad he was a lazy piece of shit.

midgetonadonkey
04-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Oh yeah and happy birfday to my bff!!

You better sip da sizzurp tonight during the game.

whottt
04-25-2008, 12:17 PM
I forgot to say happy birthday too...Happy Birthday :tu

Tonto
04-25-2008, 12:22 PM
prom night back in 97 I was picking my date up.

what was his name?

Faccia di Angelo
04-25-2008, 12:28 PM
A ticket? Thats nothing! I had the worst possible birthday a girl could have this past year. I'll never forget it. I would have preferred a ticket.

Just get Zstomp to take care of it lol ;)

Happy Birthday by the way. Hope it ends on a better note!

SpursWoman
04-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Damn, that sucks. Happy Birthday, anyway. :lol

The last time I got pulled over was my birthday about 8 years ago. It was for not having a front license plate on my car in some dinky-ass little town somewhere between here and Beeville. He didn't give me a ticket because it was my birthday. 'Preciate it. :rolleyes :lol

Kori Ellis
04-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Everyone should come to the GTG tonight to watch the game and celebrate LJ's birthday with a Spurs win - http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92986

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-25-2008, 01:13 PM
That cop is the suck.

Pulled over a few years ago the day before my b-day for blowing through a red, speeding and no seat belt. Cop let me go with nary a ticket and even told me it was his gift to me.

Enjoy the day. They start coming faster and faster every year.

OT - any idea when the draft is for the $250 league? I know it's early but I have to book my trip to Italy soon and any advance notice would be helpful.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Happy Birthday LJ. Good thing you didn't end up in the clink. The Spurs forum got kinda dicey when you were to ill to post game thoughts after a regular season game. I can't imagine the mayhem that would come after a playoff game with no game thoughts thread.

Oh, and I just mailed some paperwork for a speeding ticket from a few weeks ago heading back to Houston. Defensive driving all the way! If you get pulled over again just start screaming, "Do you know who I am?" at the cop. They love that.

HighLowLobForBig-50
04-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Happy B-Day LJ and Go Spurs

Ginofan
04-25-2008, 05:52 PM
http://holamun2.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/biggie.jpg

Happy Birthday!

Tickets do suck, but sitting in a 6 hour traffic class sucks too. I'd just pay the sob.