PDA

View Full Version : Officials for game 3 are

Shaolin-Style
04-25-2008, 12:49 AM
Steve Javie
Jim Capers
Monty McCutchen

Well, at least thats who was posted on the Suns forum.

timvp
04-25-2008, 12:52 AM
If you get Javie, you want him when you are on the road. Not horrible, although McCutchen tends to bend to homer calls.

Troll_Dynasty
04-25-2008, 01:23 AM
lol

angel_luv
04-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Steve Javie
Jim Capers
Monty McCutchen

We'll beat them. :)

FilSpursFan
04-25-2008, 04:55 AM
No Joey Crawford?

Referee
04-25-2008, 06:12 AM
Does it matter? They ALL Suck! :toast

G-Nob
04-25-2008, 07:38 AM
If the spurs can survive the onslaught and refs don't make themselves part of the game, we might have a chance.

fyatuk
04-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Javie gets on my nerves.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2008, 08:30 AM

It's right.

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

Steve_Javie
04-25-2008, 08:33 AM
ROFL. You guys don't have a chance. I mean, may the best team win. You don't need to worry. seriously, everything will be just fine.

T Park
04-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Feeling alot better about this game tonight.

Javie, if your on the road, is your friend.

san antonio spurs
04-25-2008, 08:44 AM
when are we getting Joe?
Now that would be interesting.

Budkin
04-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Tonight's game is going to be brutal. The Spurs need to withstand the initial blast and keep playing smart to have a chance.

50 cent
04-25-2008, 09:30 AM
when are we getting Joe?
Now that would be interesting.

I don't think it's going to happen this post season after the Duncan/Joey thing.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2008, 09:31 AM

I don't know that I'd absolutely presume that to be true. Javie does seem to love to piss off home crowds, but I'd much rather have him officiate a Game 4 on the road (or a Game 6) than a Game 3.

This does pretty much ensure that Javie won't call a game in San Antonio in this series, though.

Jimcs50
04-25-2008, 09:37 AM
If you get Javie, you want him when you are on the road. Not horrible, although McCutchen tends to bend to homer calls.

Riiight...if you remember, it was Javie who was the lead ref in the game last year where Horry barely touched Nash and Nash flopped into the scorers table, causing all the mayhem and suspensions.

Total bullshit foul, that Javie made......falling for that Nash flop.

hater
04-25-2008, 09:41 AM
yeah javie is not bad at all.

Elraptor
04-25-2008, 09:43 AM
I think we'll beat them in game 3. Once again.

Crookshanks
04-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Wasn't Javie the ref at one of the games in Utah where it got downright scary with the fans yelling and throwing stuff?

Seems I remember the crowd chanting "Javie sucks" so loud that even Sean was commenting on it and you could hear it clearly on the tv.

Also, wasn't that the game where Coach Pop wouldn't even let his players do a post-game interview on the floor because he was concerned about their safety?

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Wasn't Javie the ref at one of the games in Utah where it got downright scary with the fans yelling and throwing stuff?

Seems I remember the crowd chanting "Javie sucks" so loud that even Sean was commenting on it and you could hear it clearly on the tv.

Also, wasn't that the game where Coach Pop wouldn't even let his players do a post-game interview on the floor because he was concerned about their safety?

Javie did call Game 4 of the 2007 WCF at Salt Lake City.

Harry Callahan
04-25-2008, 10:56 AM
It the Suns start their usual crying and moaning, Javie will toss somebody or at least T them up.

Harry Callahan
04-25-2008, 10:58 AM

And I thought Mormons were civil folks.

Steve_Javie
04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
It the Suns start their usual crying and moaning, Javie will toss somebody or at least T them up.

you god damn right son!

romad_20
04-25-2008, 11:11 AM
And I thought Mormons were civil folks.

Some fan got tossed last night in Utah. Anyone know what that was about?

Also, Fuck Javie. I still remember that game against Dallas 2 years ago. :madrun

DarrinS
04-25-2008, 11:14 AM
If you get Javie, you want him when you are on the road.

You speaketh the truth.

DarrinS
04-25-2008, 11:14 AM
you god damn right son!

That avatar is hilarious. :lmao

Steve_Javie
04-25-2008, 11:16 AM
The guy that was thrown out last night in Utah is a well respected eye doctor and a season ticket holder. He has sat in the same spot there under the basket for many years. Charles Barkley even remembers being fucked with by him. He gets loaded on beer and who knows what else and cusses at players, cusses at refs, blurts out real hateful shit, shakes the stantion, tries to distract players, etc. They did let him back in at halftime though, after a warning to knock the BS off.

Steve_Javie
04-25-2008, 11:17 AM

Also, Fuck Javie. I still remember that game against Dallas 2 years ago. :madrun

Fuck you too!!!! A foul is a foul is a foul!!!

DarrinS
04-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Fuck you too!!!! A foul is a foul is a foul!!!

Son, don't make me school you -- AGAIN.

-Dick
http://www.themightymjd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/dickb.jpg

rAm
04-25-2008, 11:24 AM
It kind of sucks that the Ref's have so much of an impact on the game that it actually matters who is reffing each game... :rolleyes

polandprzem
04-25-2008, 11:27 AM

And when he is in your house he is an enemy?

Indazone
04-25-2008, 11:29 AM

yep

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695273754,00.html

WRITTEN WARNING: Jazz superfan Dr. Richard Anderson received a "written warning card" in the second quarter after shouting an expletive about a call to referee Bob Delaney. Security briefly removed Anderson from the arena to issue the printed warning. After the infamous Pistons-Pacers incident in 2004, the cards were created as part of the NBA's effort to control the behavior of fans. The single warning tells violators that continued excessive verbal abuse would lead to ejection from the game without refund.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Son, don't make me school you -- AGAIN.

-Dick
http://www.themightymjd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/dickb.jpg

Whatever you say, Dick.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii170/lexmoose51/nies2_edited.jpg

oboymeetsogirl
04-25-2008, 11:45 AM
I like this ref lineup, because the Suns fans will be rabid and the Suns themselves will be looking to be "enforcers" in the lane. The Suns have made it abundantly clear that Tony and Manu should expect to find some time on the floor.

Well, this plus that film showing Barbosa's extra-curricular activities in game 2 will have this officials team alerted. Priority #1 is always "controlling games," so they'll only let the Suns go so far, thereby favoring the Spurs. Can't have the NBA exposed as a league of thugs on national television, can't we? (Football, soccer and hockey games have a monopoly on that).

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Thinking about it some more -- and I mentioned this elsewhere -- I think McCutchen is among the most reluctant officials to call contact favoring Manu. That is, McCutchen seems to be a guy who won't give Manu the benefit of the doubt when it appears that contact has occurred. I recall that McCutchen worked a game against LA at the AT&T Center earlier this year and had a number of no-calls on Manu plays that had Pop arguing with him vociferously.

I don't intend that as a criticism of McCutchen. I think he's among the best young officials in the NBA at this point and is a really, really good play caller. I actually thought McCutchen was right on most of those calls in that game.