PDA

View Full Version : Ritual You´ve been folowing

TheAffricanFan
04-25-2008, 06:19 AM
Hi

It´s been a long time since my last post but I have a doubt:

I´m from Angola and the t.v. channels that I have here did n´t broadcast the first two games of the series (Spurs-Suns). So I´ve been following the game at Yahoo Sports ( Play by play feature) and we won. Now the ESPN announced that they will broadcast game 3 so I don´t know if I will watch it On TV or see the play by play at Yahoo.

What do You Think? Do you follow any ritual like use the same clothes,sit on the same place or something alike?

Say Something....

:toast

xtremesteven33
04-25-2008, 06:51 AM
uummmm....i always mute the commercials,i want to be focused into the game...and i never say a game is over until it is over...

SpurAddict561
04-25-2008, 08:11 AM
You better watch the Yahoo ticker, then!!

I'm superstitious when it comes to my Spurs, definitely........

I'll wear some Spurs attire (flip flops, hoody, shirt, jersey w/e) and if we lose the game, I won't wear it again for a while....or at all if it happens during the playoffs.

I also rotate between sitting on my couch, to sitting on my lazy boy, to standing in front of the TV towards the end of the game

whichever works...lol

hsxvvd
04-25-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm thinking the same thing. I've watched the game tracker and we've fallen behind. I walk away and we get back in the game. ESPN will be showing the game here in Australia, so I'll watch it (We are only getting two games a week here during the playoffs) gotta make the most of it. Same socks, jocks and seat for tomorrow though.

<------ I got my flag! Thanks :)

SpursIndonesia
04-25-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm still stuck in the middle of Borneo's jungle, working for my company's project, no satellite TV access whatsoever -Star TV, ESPN Asia, anything, dang. Well, atleast web access through GPRS is available and internet play by play is better than nothing. :depressed

As long there's a cup of hot, dark Toraja coffee on the table, all is well usually in the Spurs fandom, here in Indonesia. ;)

Dex
04-25-2008, 08:20 AM
I've got my Tim Duncan two-time MVP bobblehead that I keep out for every playoff run. :smokin

Don Quixote
04-25-2008, 08:23 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I am darn impressed by the multitude of fans of the Silver & Black from all over the world.

Seriously. Angola?

Borneo?

Amazing.

Kobayagi
04-25-2008, 08:36 AM
I haven't changed my underwear since the start of game 1.

Steve_Javie
04-25-2008, 08:43 AM
I stick pins into my Tim Duncan voodoo doll while wearing all my Mavs gear

fyatuk
04-25-2008, 08:43 AM
If the Spurs fall behind by double digits I change the channel, mostly because every time I do, they go on a run. I don't know why, but it's been that way for years. Only works when they are behind a bunch though.

Other than that, I don't have any sports related superstitions.

ancestron
04-25-2008, 08:47 AM
I load up on moonshine before every game

bdictjames
04-25-2008, 08:58 AM
I dont watch the start of the third quarter.

Well look what happened when Finley tied the game. :lol

But usually I just scream and pray all game long.

Summers
04-25-2008, 09:19 AM
:lol I understand sticking with tradition and suspicion, but if you have a rare opportunity to watch live, you should do that.

hater
04-25-2008, 09:33 AM
yes I do!

1. I wear white Ginobili shirt first. Then if Spurs struggle, I change to another shirt.
2. I wear the black Ginobili shirt only for MUST WIN SITUATIONS. It always works and I never wash it.
4. I set my tv volume level to 37 or 47 or any 2 #s that add up to 7.

remingtonbo2001
04-25-2008, 09:44 AM
In 2005 I wore a pair of black shorts underneath my clothing during game days.

Elraptor
04-25-2008, 09:47 AM
I've got my Tim Duncan two-time MVP bobblehead that I keep out for every playoff run. :smokinDamn, i wish i had won. :lol

marini martini
04-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Ever since I got my Santos bracelets, they've been doing good, so I wear the same jewelry. Also have painted my toenails & fingernails, black & silver.

I change the channel if they start sucking, usually the 1, 2, & 3rd quarter, but by the end of the 3rd, they're starting to do their thang.

And every game I've gone to see, they've lost. So no, I stay away from live games.

fyatuk
04-25-2008, 10:28 AM
And every game I've gone to see, they've lost. So no, I stay away from live games.

I have the same problem. I've never seen the Spurs win in person. One game they blew a lead and went to overtime, and the people I was with decided to leave to head to Hooters for food so we left and the Spurs won in overtime. I was a bit disappointed I missed it.

Strangely, the Rampage never lose if I go to the arena.

thispego
04-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I have the same problem. I've never seen the Spurs win in person. One game they blew a lead and went to overtime, and the people I was with decided to leave to head to Hooters for food so we left and the Spurs won in overtime. I was a bit disappointed I missed it.

Strangely, the Rampage never lose if I go to the arena.

uhh yall left a spus game in overtime? lame

SpursIndonesia
04-25-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I am darn impressed by the multitude of fans of the Silver & Black from all over the world.

Seriously. Angola?

Borneo?

Amazing.

Yeah, no sh!t, one week have passed by, still two or three weeks to go, hopefully by the time the Spurs reach the WCF or beyond, i would have been back in Jakarta enjoying the series through satellite TV. :flag:

Some pics regarding my stay in Borneo -East Kalimantan province to be exactly.

The dormitory where i've been living

http://img28.picoodle.com/img/img28/4/4/25/t_PerawangMesm_709810e.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/4/25/f_PerawangMesm_709810e.jpg&srv=img28)

The pier at the river harbor near my location

http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/4/4/25/t_PerawangRivm_0cc7bf9.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/4/25/f_PerawangRivm_0cc7bf9.jpg&srv=img26)

spursrocksocks
04-25-2008, 11:46 AM
they last two game when we were down at the halftime I went outside and hit a log with a sledge hammer, it relives stress and it worked both times they came back in the second looking pretty good

GSH
04-25-2008, 11:49 AM
I pay hotel maids to collect bits of hair from players on all the opposing teams. Before each game I tie a hair from the opponent's best player around the neck of a chicken, and then hang the chicken upside down over the television set. Each time that player scores, I get up and tighten the hair around the chicken's neck.

But I wouldn't really call that a ritual.

6thMANU
04-25-2008, 12:06 PM
We have a piece of art work in my home that is a sun..... i decided to cover it with my spurs jersey 2 days before the playoffs..... every game i take it off the wall and wear it over the clothing i have on already. i would put up a picture but i don't know how :lobt::flag::lobt:

TheAffricanFan
04-25-2008, 12:53 PM
I think that I will follow play-by-play till the half time. Then I´ll switch to TV if the spurs start the 3rd in front.

fyatuk
04-25-2008, 12:57 PM
uhh yall left a spus game in overtime? lame

I agree. Wasn't my idea, but since my ride was leaving and I sure as hell didn't want to walk the 10 miles home, I left to.

nkdlunch
04-25-2008, 12:58 PM
before every big game, I have sex with an aztec virgin

MoSpur
04-25-2008, 01:12 PM
If the Spurs fall behind by double digits I change the channel, mostly because every time I do, they go on a run. I don't know why, but it's been that way for years. Only works when they are behind a bunch though.

Other than that, I don't have any sports related superstitions.

I find myself doing this too. I really want to watch in case the comeback, but I tell myself to change it and they will be right back in it when I change it back.

I also notice what everyone is doing at the time the Spurs make a run. For instance, if this person was not in the room at the time the Spurs start getting hot, I ask that person nicely to stay away when they come back to the room to watch the game.